View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 672.
#14951 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Do you mean:
A- Just chuck a dart and see where it lands ?
or
B- On a wing and a prayer!
If so, I choose "B". There are wings, like on a fighter jet which is super duper cool AND a God like influence to boot. "B" is obviously the correct choice.
QSS

In case you've forgotten, it's Christmas.

IMG_0098 (resized).jpegIMG_0098 (resized).jpeg

#14952 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The DR opinion hate sermons are getting longer lately. I suspect many are seeing that this Will happen soon and the soap box will soon be nothing but a memory. So much time in this thread assuming doom theory. Please ship the games so this saga can end..... lol

You've seen the movie "The Producers" right?

#14953 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The DR opinion hate sermons are getting longer lately. I suspect many are seeing that this Will happen soon and the soap box will soon be nothing but a memory. So much time in this thread assuming doom theory. Please ship the games so this saga can end..... lol

Lol what indication is there that this will happen soon? Their proclamation that games will start shipping in ... did they give a date? February? Spring? After getting final #s of orders it will be months before all the parts are in hand to build I imagine. I don’t think any other manfrs are ready to send RAZA down the line in March, but I could be wrong. And if they do this themselves, it’s gonna take a while.

I’m just not holding my breathe here, in terms of a hard timeline to see these games all pumped out. I do agree with others however, there’s too much invested to dump the project if their intent is To make and sell other games. Even if it ends in a loss (which if you count units sold against $$ invested so far, it’s beyond a loss so does it ever matter how many they sell?. This is a Lobg term gamble

#14954 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Lol what indication is there that this will happen soon? Their proclamation that games will start shipping in ... did they give a date? February? Spring? After getting final #s of orders it will be months before all the parts are in hand to build I imagine. I don’t think any other manfrs are ready to send RAZA down the line in March, but I could be wrong. And if they do this themselves, it’s gonna take a while.
I’m just not holding my breathe here, in terms of a hard timeline to see these games all pumped out. I do agree with others however, there’s too much invested to dump the project if their intent is To make and sell other games. Even if it ends in a loss (which if you count units sold against $$ invested so far, it’s beyond a loss so does it ever matter how many they sell?. This is a Lobg term gamble

They did post dates and they have been re-posted in this thread several times.

#14955 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

exactly what they have been selling people for years now.

dates02 (resized).jpgdates02 (resized).jpg
#14956 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Lol what indication is there that this will happen soon? Their proclamation that games will start shipping in ... did they give a date? February? Spring?

See screenshot.

If it happens I would hope that the Goodwill agreement people would be first to receive their games. I've never met Fulltilt and I would enjoy seeing a picture of him unboxing his game. Many of the others too and I will quietly celebrate all of them should Deeproot prove me wrong.

zzzzzRAZA timeline (resized).pngzzzzzRAZA timeline (resized).png

#14957 3 years ago

Stay reasonable.

Merry Christmas!

#14958 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

See screenshot.
If it happens I would hope that the Goodwill agreement people would be first to receive their games. I've never met Fulltilt and I would enjoy seeing a picture of him unboxing his game. Many of the others too and I will quietly celebrate all of them should Deeproot prove me wrong.
[quoted image]

Think of TBL or PB - their goodwill agreement people were not first - those companies needed the cash first. I would be surprised if that happened here.

#14959 3 years ago

I would like to extend a Merry Christmas to everyone on this thread. Maybe we can all get along for a day at least. No hard feelings and apologies to any I have offended or upset discussing this topic.

#14960 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

See screenshot.
[quoted image]

You got it buddy. I'd love to have you help me plug it in!
We'll share this bottle of La Grande Dame while playing the first game.
Merry Christmas!

#14961 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

In case you've forgotten, it's Christmas.
[quoted image]

Good one.

QSS

#14962 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Think of TBL or PB - their goodwill agreement people were not first - those companies needed the cash first. I would be surprised if that happened here.

True — but DR could be an exception as they seem to have unlimited amounts of cash to burn.

I will take their shipping estimates with 2 grains of salt. Not trying to be a dick or anything, I’m just trying to inject some reality into the situation and keep logic at hand. If a company hasnt met any deadlines to date why would you believe anything they say now? Cried wolf too many times in my book. Plus just logically and as they said - pandemic times, and their first game. We’ve seen this enough times with new manufactures — and @200 orders.. this is going to take some time.

Multiply phasing schedule by 3X at least. Then get games to the goodwill customers. I do commend the reimbursement to burned Jpop buyers..

#14963 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Cried wolf too many times in my book.

just hope they dont begin crying 'uncle'.

#14964 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

just hope they dont begin crying 'uncle'.

They may. Manufacturing seems to be the hardest part. Seems to be what makes or breaks a company. Several have gotten this far and failed. Dutch, Heighway, Skit b, and Suncoast.

#14965 3 years ago

If everybody buys a game this company will make it, Its a leap of faith but I put a deposit down on a RAZA. I know how hard it is to be a small buisness owner and start up and I hope they are a success. Not only do I hope they make it I look forward to the Goonies game trailer when it comes out and if its great I would love to have it.

#14966 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

If everybody buys a game this company will make it, Its a leap of faith but I put a deposit down on a RAZA. I know how hard it is to be a small buisness owner and start up and I hope they are a success. Not only do I hope they make it I look forward to the Goonies game trailer when it comes out and if its great I would love to have it.

You might want to join the Pre-order thread at this link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raza-pre-order-club/page/4
Good luck

#14967 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Are you talking about their phased timeline? Which shows no solid, real dates, but instead speaks in terms of weeks from a start of...when?

It also specifically states that the first three phases will happen once UL certification happens. Anyone check on UL certifications for Deeproot? Or was that just me?

#14968 3 years ago

I see that a few owners know what number machine they have coming, how do you know the number? I ordered a machine today but don't know what number game i have coming.

#14969 3 years ago

As noted. I think most are going by the invoice number.
My invoice number and serial number from the contract are very different.

#14970 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Are you talking about their phased timeline? Which shows no solid, real dates, but instead speaks in terms of weeks from a start of...when?
It also specifically states that the first three phases will happen once UL certification happens. Anyone check on UL certifications for Deeproot? Or was that just me?

NADA:
https://productiq.ulprospector.com/en/search

doesn't mean they aren't in process. UL typically doesn't post documentation until at least a month after the testing is done.

#14971 3 years ago

Did I read these are non refundable deposits? And people are going for it? Have you learned nothing?

#14972 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did I read these are non refundable deposits? And people are going for it? Have you learned nothing?

Yep and the disclaimer is one of which every manufacturer dreams of. They are liable for nothing.

#14973 3 years ago

I got my RAZA AE order completed today #100211

I ordered these options:

Topper
Neon Rings (vs. white rubber rings)
Shaker Motor Installed
Upgraded Toy Package
GI Lighting (still not clear if this lighting is interactive)

I was considering Standard PinKit Care Package (description online: a collection of common wear & tear replacement parts for customers wishing to have on hand). I wasn't clear on what exactly this package included, so I passed.

#14974 3 years ago

Doesn’t recoup there investment but they just pulled in a cool Million+ with these orders IF they can produce these games.

#14975 3 years ago

If IF's and BUT's were Candy and Nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

#14976 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Doesn’t recoup there investment but they just pulled in a cool Million+ with these orders IF they can produce these games.

There is some controversy about the game numbers being produced. You might want to get caught up on that thread.

#14977 3 years ago

Christmas is over, so the bitching continues...

#14978 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

If IF's and BUT's were Candy and Nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

HOHOHO....merry Christmas...........and happy new year....

#14979 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There is some controversy about the game numbers being produced. You might want to get caught up on that thread.

Controversy?

In the pre-order thread my understanding was people trying to figure out serial #'s vs order #'s etc.
No controversy, just a bunch of pre-order people figure out the numbering scheme.

If your comment is that there may not be 200+ games ordered or DR miss led people - time will tell on this one.
I have no evidence they did, so not calling them on it.

EDIT again!!....5 people ordered in the last 3 hours...and they were 209, 210 and 211, 212, 213 on order #'s. So I have to believe these are the up and up....

#14980 3 years ago

So they are at 211 with 2 days to go. Will they get over 300? And what is the breakdown Xtra vs Arcade?

#14981 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Think your Kind of spinning words as written a tiny bit... Nowhere does it say "once UL certification happens". Nowhere. What is Says is games shipped to the US will only be meeting US UL certification and games going to Europe will happen After CE certification is complete. Just figured the Correct wording should be spelled out again.

#14982 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So they are at 211 with 2 days to go. Will they get over 300? And what is the breakdown Xtra vs Arcade?

Isn’t it funny how ~200 seems to be the magic group size for all “take a chance...” new pinball company buys?

Zidware
Dutch
Heighway
Deeproot

#14983 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Isn’t it funny how ~200 seems to be the magic group size for all “take a chance...” new pinball company buys?
Zidware
Dutch
Heighway
Deeproot

That was the same ballpark for Skit-B as well.

#14984 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes
Yes
No

#14985 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Unless you’ve been one of the people who are (I don’t wanna use the word crazy but maybe brave enough?) to put down all of the money, it’s only a deposit that has been put down. And no smart lawyer is going to tell you to really fight for your 1500 bucks back. It’s gonna cost you $300 just to have a letter written by a lawyer here. Basically you just put $1800 in the slot machine and you’re hoping to get your money back at the very least. I’ve got a deposit in on one but understanding that this game has been delayed three times and in production for years does not make me very comfortable right now especially since there is no pictures of any factory or production and just three weeks ago when a very public tour that you can watch on YouTube was done, there was no production facility. Games in February? That would be a miracle. If DR Wanted you to believe there were really games, we would see pictures of some sort of production by now. That would sell games and raise customer confidence. Right now all I hear is laughter from everybody that I have told that I’ve given DR a deposit to. Makes me feel great. I’m done putting down deposits on start up companies. It’s a shame that some of the pinball universe has come down to you risking your money. Remember the good all days when you would put down your deposit and get a machine? Then the machine was delivered and it had a warranty? The way the contract is written, they can throw a game in the box that doesn’t work Or that’s been halfway engineered, ship it to you and tell you they delivered. Oh, but that you don’t have any warranty or recourse, have a nice day. Yeah I’ll drop 10,000 bucks on that. Ill take three of them please. What are they doing? Are they trying to sell games or scare people away? What exactly is their business model that is going to make them the next contender in the pinball industry with that type of approach?

Hold on, after 13,000 posts detailing this saga and AFTER you put down a deposit, you are just now worried lol.

#14986 3 years ago

Ya'll do realize that quad & octo manufacturing were never really a thing right? Just more "bullshit JPOP words" to slap on a flyer like "Quickstep solenoids"

Hopefully for the buyers they have something real setup.

#14987 3 years ago

Screenshot from TWIP interview a little over a year ago. My how the mighty have fallen.

zzzzzdeeproot (resized).pngzzzzzdeeproot (resized).png

#14988 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ya'll do realize that quad & octo manufacturing were never really a thing right? Just more "bullshit JPOP words" to slap on a flyer like "Quickstep solenoids"

Octo is just 8 old ladies on a production line.

#14989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Screenshot from TWIP interview a little over a year ago.
[quoted image]

Heck if their warranty was 6 months - that would be much better than other manufacturers on playfield dimples!

Of course games need to be made first to have a warranty option.

#14990 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I think they are still kids yet - Octo mom.

#14991 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Technically could be "1" old lady. or a bunch.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.56.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.56.16 PM (resized).png
#14992 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I’d like to know how this is better than lean with a focus on setup reduction. Seems like a manufacturing line is the only way to go unless building small runs by hand.

#14993 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’d like to know how this is better than lean with a focus on setup reduction. Seems like a manufacturing line is the only way to go unless building small runs by hand.

If the Quad or Octo sit together in small cell that would be lean. Lol

#14994 3 years ago

I have to think non-refundable deposits mean you can’t back out and get your deposit back. Not we don’t ever make any games and keep your deposit too no?

#14995 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Next you are going to tell me the easter bunny isn’t real either...

Why are you always such a downer

#14996 3 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I have to think non-refundable deposits mean you can’t back out and get your deposit back. Not we don’t ever make any games and keep your deposit too no?

Not much money to make here. 10-20%.

Plus it would mean the end of DR.

So why go through all this BS for years to lose millions to make few hundred thousands of dollars.

#14997 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Next you are going to tell me the easter bunny isn’t real either...
Why are you always such a downer

Perfect timing - games released by Easter built by the Easter bunny - I like the way you think.

#14998 3 years ago

So once we get past RAZA being made will you now be a DR buyer?

Or since they built RAZA you will be a hater of all future games?

#14999 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Heck if their warranty was 6 months - that would be much better than other manufacturers on playfield dimples!

Of course games need to be made first to have a warranty option.

What warranty option would that be? Last I heard buyers are signing a blanket indemnity contract.

#15000 3 years ago

I like what I see. I like that they are making some changes to things that have been 'this way' forever. I think RAZA itself and gameplay wise looks no worse than any number of games released in the last 5 years. I think the low end model is decently priced for what you get. I think DR as a company has a lot to prove before people are going to jump behind them. Hope all goes well and I see one of these out in the wild sometime.

We can always use another pinball manufacturer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/300?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.