Topic Stats

• 4,135 posts
  • 490 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Barracuda72
  • Topic is favorited by 153 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 339 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (resized).png
Kap (resized).jpg
D42C2D78-D0BB-44AC-B24F-DF86A025D622 (resized).jpeg
C9532621-DB4C-4BB2-AEBD-EDDB367B4CA4.gif
DRparkinglot (resized).jpg
Can't Get Fooled Again (resized).jpg
Pinside  Screenshot Troll admission. (resized).png
75ACC86B-914E-4FC7-B55F-19BF0F575532.jpeg
prev (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
masterpiece01 (resized).jpg
Positivity (resized).jpg
10Kchristmas (resized).jpg
proverbs02 (resized).jpg
uh-huh-huh-he-said-butt (resized).jpg
never (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (83 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Our only response to AP's post is that their statements are not true, they contradict their attorney's private statements, they contradict the contract they voluntarily drafted and entered into with John, and (as to the trademark) appear to contradict federal law. We are proceeding with John's original Houdini design but not the Houdini name; which is consistent with our prior statement.
-dP

Why? The design looks horrible. Please let us know what you may see in that design that makes anyone think they would buy it. It looks like that loop ramp results in an out lane drain, the ramp is way to tight, plus numerous other problems. Dennis and Barry are awesome designers and I cannot wait to see what they do, but I cannot imagine Dennis, Barry, or Jon thinking that design is worth anything.

2 months later
#823 1 year ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

If Dennis Nordman ever quits, there's your sign that DeepRoot is in deep shit because that's the red flag that EVERYONE missed with the whole Heighway Shit Show.
-Steve

Are the signs aren't there now? The PR is abysmal and the constant threats against potential customerd are horrendous.

1 month later
#937 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

VERY interesting read! So, Pinball Scummers would not even give up Alien if Deeproot would make them. Sheesh!

I will never support anything related to Heighway or Pinball Brothers. I cannot support Jpop, but could support Deeproot if he departed them.

#945 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or what if the stock market and economy tanks and we go into another deep recession?
This whole dream is living on borrowed time IMO.

Oh I think this is coming as a trade war will certainly cause a recession.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Yes, i can! Iron Maiden and TNA are the best examples. It is raining money for Stern and Spooky........We will miss the old fellas but will have little impact on the hobby.

When one of those old guys is Jpop then there is concern. What has he ever done right in pinball?

2 weeks later
#1026 12 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow, did I shut this thread down with mention of JPOP?

Because he is awful for Pinball and no one will buy any future games he is associated with.

#1028 12 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

If they ship an awesome next generation pinball machine merging modern GPU's, network connectivity and classic pinball, with world class service and support, I don't care who they have on staff.
It just comes down to how awesome they make their pinball machines. And how awesome their themes are. How they support customers.
It's already a win that they aren't using customers to fund the company.

Only because that model is dead. Jpop is toxic.

#1033 12 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ok. But what about the 30 other people working there pouring their heart into a new machine?
One bad apple doesn’t influence my overall opinion of a company.

I do not care. If Jpop is on the payroll, I will not support them. If a company emoyed someone who did harm to you, would you support them?

#1047 12 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

They are employing someone who did harm to me. JPOP screwed me out of my money for RAZA! Deeproot hired him and they are going to give me a free game for my lost money. You're damn right I'm going to support them.

What's a bigger olive branch than assuming ownership of JPOP's pissed off customers, and giving them a free game?
Other than Pisiders needing something to be pissed about, I just don't get the angst here. If they hired JPOP and said F U to previous owners by asking them to buy one of his new games, I would totally get it. But that's not what they're doing. They're building games without taking money from anyone (whether that's successful or not remains to be seen) and in the process they're giving restitution to the people John screwed over. What the hell is there in that to be upset about?

Hey now they are giving me a big FU in that those of us who took Jpop to court got the big FU treatment. Then Jpop counter sues because he claims if he had gotten the full money from everyone that he could have made the games. I'm sorry but Im not buying any of this free game crap.

#1092 11 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I was actually trying to ask an honest question that always puzzles me about posts on Pinside. My apologies if you felt it was provoking.

I thought it was trying to provoke.

Heighway, Kevin Kulek, Jpop all took money from people and failed to deliver games. They knew exactly what they were doing and still continued along with the big charade. Nuff said.

#1094 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m inferring that you are saying they knew exactly what they were doing in taking people’s money... not in delivering games, because they sure as hell didn’t know what they were doing in terms of getting games delivered...

Yes, that is correct. None of those three should ever be able to be associated with pinball again.

#1138 11 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Houdini would be an odd choice. American Houdini is already out. Big risk to have a machine compared to something already established, and pretty good. And for the fans of the Houdini theme, do they expect them to buy 2 expensive machines?

Houdini would be a horrible choice. People with the AP game will probably not want two games of the same theme. Then it's Jpop so some will not buy because of that. Third, it's not a great theme. Change the name to Magic Theatre or The Magician or Magicians.

#1174 11 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but we have way too many amazing projects to worry about. Houdini or anything like it, is not amongst those.
—Robert / dT

That's great news.

2 months later
#1535 9 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

deeproot is announcing the addition of Steven Bowden to its ‘Future Worlds with deeproot Pinball’ seminar panel at 5:15pm on Friday 10/19 at Pinball Expo.
Steve has only been with us for six weeks but has pounded out more ingenious rule script than the best in the biz. It’s been a treat to see a master at work.
— Robert dT

Okay, this is a good hire. Steve is awesome. Now you just need to shed that Zidware

3 months later
#2268 6 months ago

Can I get a GoFundMe for winning a game from JP and having his 4 highest creditors come over for this magic event?

3 weeks later
#2374 5 months ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I definitely get the anger and hate, I personally lost a lot to the whole ordeal.
However, I don't think JPop should continue to be chastised so much. He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it. He's continued to look for some kind of solution to get what he's promised done. He could have very easily just done what SkitB, Heighway, VonnieD, and Dutch have done and just walked away. He continued to try to get the games built though, to the point of getting two different, new pinball manufacturers involved.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

What? He never admitted he was wrong or apologized for any of it.

He should not be working and I will not buy anything from deep root with his name on it. F him and his noodling and crappy persona.

1 month later
#2553 3 months ago

Jpopsux!!!!!

1 week later
#2577 3 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

They solved a problem no one has.

Probably another Jpop dumbass thing.

2 weeks later
#2949 84 days ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Hehe. I was sitting and standing right next to you. You could have just asked me
Best,
—Robert dT
PS adol75: I’ve already answered that on 2 podcasts

When will you get smart and fire Jpop?

#3135 81 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example, the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.
One of the reason I mention this is because I sense an evolution of improving attitudes here towards Jpop. It seems to me that more and more people are now speaking up in supporting John. And I get it, as I see reasons to support him and Deeproot too.
Anyway, I find the recent attitude change here interesting from where we began long ago, along with my own evolution.
Whether I collect my judgment against Jpop in time or not, I intend to purchase a RAZA or other Deeproot machine, pending inspection and production of course. - Do as you like but those are my thoughts.
Note: I still hate Whysnow. Hopefully I can maintain some street cred with that.

Sorry he burnt his bridges and I despise him and will never like him. His overall attitude is poison and that's contagious in an organjzation. The sooner the cancer is caught, the better. Jpoop is cancer in this industry.

#3217 78 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You aren’t in the lawsuit are you Fulltilt?
Hopefully you took the credit?

The credit is still nothing unless something gets made. Robert has not paid Cointaker like he promised, so I'm pesimistic on the entire thing.

#3226 78 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just a reminder
Kimmy called us “losers” Hank
He got his MG, made his “profit” off of you and me Hank and Fulltilt
Whatever. He told me he was a “winner” and we were the losers?
Hmmmm. I wonder if Mr transparency wants to post the PM?
Who cares, life is too short to worry about that garbage
Chump change for chumps
Regardless, a “credit” is worth 1000x more than some BS lawsuit

We all have opinions and I'm good with everyone's. We can all disagree and that's okay if it poses a good point, or educates others.

To my best knowledge none of us can predict the future, but my educated guess is anything with Jon's name on it will fail.

#3262 72 days ago

I'll bet $100.00 to one person that we do not see a shipped game before September 2019, any takers?

Then $50.00 to one person that we so not see a working game shipped by December 2019.

#3264 72 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’ll give $2 to one person to explain the $50 bet to me.

$50 that Deeproot does not ship games by December 2019.

#3401 67 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, seeing as how you made this bold offer and then never responded when I took you up on it, I'm assuming you were just blowing hot air. So bet is off unless I hear from you. Probably a good thing for me after Deeproots last post here. Clearly they are nowhere near ready.

We can bet with the payment to charity. I've not been checking this thread lately as I'm not surprised by the missed deadlines.

#3410 67 days ago

Just PM me when time comes. I like giving to local food banks.

2 weeks later
#3470 48 days ago

3 types of companies exist

Product Oriented
Client Focus
Logistics

Deeproot is Product Oriented? They sure are not Client Focus or Logistics.

They can have the attitude, but with that comes an increased expectation from us.

I'm still burnt by Jpoop suing and screwing some of us.

2 weeks later
#3712 30 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like nothing new here. Maybe will check back again in a few more months.
Time marches on.

Jpop is noodling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 30.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside