Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 615 of 672.
#30701 2 years ago

pinballguru did you design the game around the PinBar? How did the changes to the cabinet in general impact your design? It seems like they were tweaking the cabinet a lot over time and even produced the one RAZA without the PinBar. Did you have to revise things around a constantly changing cabinet design?

#30702 2 years ago

pinballguru I've asked a few deeproot people which game this is no one has been sure. Can you identify it?

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.26.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.26.14 PM (resized).png

You can see video of it flipping here: https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-never-before-deeproot-pinball-seen-videos-pictures

#30703 2 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

It is. And I will most definitely be starting threads and sharing a lot of pictures of this machine and Goonies as I try to get them flipping. They'll even be going in proper deeproot cabinets.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'll check to see if I have any higher-quality pics of that one.

I actually don't need to see photos, I just thought that it was odd that nobody at the auction preview posted better photos than the auctioneer did.

#30704 2 years ago

pinballguru I've asked a few deeproot people which game this is no one has been sure. Can you identify it?
[quoted image]
You can see video of it flipping here: https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-never-before-deeproot-pinball-seen-videos-pictures

It’s Machine Age

#30705 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

pinballguru did you design the game around the PinBar? How did the changes to the cabinet in general impact your design? It seems like they were tweaking the cabinet a lot over time and even produced the one RAZA without the PinBar. Did you have to revise things around a constantly changing cabinet design?

No, The PinBar didn't affect the game rules. You can navigate through player's choices using the flipper buttons and action button without the PinBar. (Merlin's Arcade doesn't require the PinBar, but an action button would be needed for versions without the PinBar) The constantly changing cabinet didn't affect the playfield layout. The only playfield change I made after 2020 was to move inserts at request of playfield illustrator for better artwork.

#30706 2 years ago

So did anyone tell Robert that nobody was going to buy a pin called fucking MACHINE AGE?

If the fraud didn't kill them, or the bad management, all these original themes would have

#30707 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

No, The PinBar didn't affect the game rules. You can navigate through player's choices using the flipper buttons and action button without the PinBar. (Merlin's Arcade doesn't require the PinBar, but an action button would be needed for versions without the PinBar) The constantly changing cabinet didn't affect the playfield layout. The only playfield change I made after 2020 was to move inserts at request of playfield illustrator for better artwork.

Do you know if a version with the art and a final cabinet design was ever put together?

It seemed like there was a mock up Merlin’s Arcade cabinet (with a Magic Girl white wood) in some photos.

#30708 2 years ago

Not sure. My last visit to deeproot was in late 2019 before the pandemic. I never saw that playfield up & play-able. Visits to deeproot were always "whirlwind" with many events happening and many others visiting at the same time. Not much time to play other playfields.

#30709 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s Machine Age

You sure? That was the one guess I got, but that person wasn't sure.

#30710 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do you know if a version with the art and a final cabinet design was ever put together?
It seemed like there was a mock up Merlin’s Arcade cabinet (with a Magic Girl white wood) in some photos.

I never saw any version with mock up art on cabinet. I'm not sure why Merlin;s Arcade wasn't in the cabinet labeled Merlin's Arcade at the auction. Again, I don't live in Texas and hadn't visited deeproot since late 2019.

#30711 2 years ago

You sure? That was the one guess I got, but that person wasn't sure.

Process of elimination. It’s either Machine Age or a totally new game, which may be possible considering the Luchadore game.

#30712 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Process of elimination. It’s either Machine Age or a totally new game, which may be possible considering the Luchadore game.

Right, which means who knows. Don't forget all of the other alleged titles and licenses (Licensed board game, licensed combat racing game or whatever, the ever mysterious "Multiplex").

#30713 2 years ago

Brief highlights from this week's new SEC motion and subsequent order.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.08.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.08.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.09.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.09.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.10.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.10.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.11.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.11.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.11.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.11.16 PM (resized).png
#30714 2 years ago

It’s not the Lucha Libre game, which was titled Masked Republic (Intended to be Rey Mysterio licensed, at least per the artwork).

Masked Republic actually looks like the most fun layout of them all, imo. I really like the fist mechs that punch the ball away from the outlanes.
1BD06A42-62C2-42DA-8494-178BFC92413F.jpeg1BD06A42-62C2-42DA-8494-178BFC92413F.jpeg
42BFA377-D73C-4561-8C98-A389609D13BB.jpeg42BFA377-D73C-4561-8C98-A389609D13BB.jpeg
F36B7711-0FB2-4132-B77A-95EB75070F08.jpegF36B7711-0FB2-4132-B77A-95EB75070F08.jpeg
The giant metal Ferris wheel fell out of the Machine Age playfield while we were moving things and slammed onto the ground. I think it did more damage to the concrete than the “mech”.

#30715 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Isn't that the Windows98 Space Cadet layout?
I'd love to see how they got the floating pop bumpers worked out.

I don't think so...

gladiators (resized).jpggladiators (resized).jpg

#30716 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

It’s not the Lucha Libre game, which was titled Masked Republic (Intended to be Rey Mysterio licensed, at least per the artwork).
Masked Republic actually looks like the most fun layout of them all, imo. I really like the fist mechs that punch the ball away from the outlanes.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The giant metal Ferris wheel fell out of the Machine Age playfield while we were moving things and slammed onto the ground. I think it did more damage to the concrete than the “mech”.

Great pics and info. Were you moving them because you bought them? Since the first pic is a tissuewood, I assume it's a jpop design. That would sync with what I shared on the podcast yesterday about Jpop getting to hang with the lucha guys. Which means, presumably that Jpop hung with Rey Misterio.

Would love to hear what Rey thought about that. @rarehero, any connection there?

#30717 2 years ago

Those ramps scream Jpop.

#30718 2 years ago

My brother got the Masked Republic and Machine Age playfields. I didn’t purchase anything myself.

MR is a jpop design.

26F4D500-AEFE-4BF7-979F-4DACA33C392D.jpeg26F4D500-AEFE-4BF7-979F-4DACA33C392D.jpeg
#30719 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't think so...
[quoted image]

Gladiator, not Gladiators.
8089452F-2814-454E-858F-122660199425.jpeg8089452F-2814-454E-858F-122660199425.jpeg
(Photo from the Knapp Arcade article. This was the playfield I really wanted but unfortunately it was already picked up the day before we got down there. I have no idea who bought it.)

#30720 2 years ago

My brother got the Masked Republic and Machine Age playfields. I didn’t purchase anything myself.
MR is a jpop design.
[quoted image]

Pics of the machine age playfield? That could confirm the suspicion regarding the video of the flipping mystery machine I posted.

#30721 2 years ago

I somehow didn’t take any pics of it (or Merlin’s). It’s 100% the same playfield from the video though.

I did take this one though

A0F28F52-BE57-4266-9438-5EC6787ABC73 (resized).jpegA0F28F52-BE57-4266-9438-5EC6787ABC73 (resized).jpeg
#30722 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

I actually don't need to see photos, I just thought that it was odd that nobody at the auction preview posted better photos than the auctioneer did.

Well I *know* you don't need Pics of it, you *designed* it LOL... I meant for the rest of the people who don't know it intimately like you do.

Re: Machine age - I have the ramp moulds clearly labeled as such and maybe the cad, so pretty certain we can unquestionably identify it.

Although as I say that, I remember I have a Goonies cad clearly labeled Gladiator...

#30723 2 years ago

I can say that I did look over the Machine Age playfield when I was loading it and it wasn’t labeled nor had any identifiers anywhere. I thought it was a version of The Who at first. We didn’t know what it was called until that Knapp Arcade article got posted.

#30724 2 years ago

Isn’t that a giant waterwheel in it? Machine age seems to make sense

#30725 2 years ago

Cool pics!!! What could have been!!! Too bad. Sucks for all the people that lost money.

#30726 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Sure does take a lot of balls, to start a pinball company!

#30727 2 years ago

I can say that I did look over the Machine Age playfield when I was loading it and it wasn’t labeled nor had any identifiers anywhere. I thought it was a version of The Who at first. We didn’t know what it was called until that Knapp Arcade article got posted.

Lol. I guess I should have already known the answer since I sent Knapp everything for that post (and more to come). Goes to show how much stuff there was that I hadn't seen. Looking now, TreyBo69 had IDed those playfield pics as Machine Age and they clearly match the footage from the older "playtime" video.

#30728 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sure does take a lot of balls, to start a pinball company!

Just don't forget to order some for the machines you sell!

#30729 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Not sure. My last visit to deeproot was in late 2019 before the pandemic. I never saw that playfield up & play-able. Visits to deeproot were always "whirlwind" with many events happening and many others visiting at the same time. Not much time to play other playfields.

Wowing potential investors, no doubt. Iceman coulda been one(Visitor, not investor) but Blobert wisely cancelled.

Ice coulda really blown the lid off a few years earlier to be honest.

#30730 2 years ago

Didn't see it on any whiteboards, so yea they didn't.

5 Days of deeproot. WTF was he thinking? Bringing this back up for laughs.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-new-home-new-hires-5-days-deeproot-exclusive-follow-interview/

#30731 2 years ago

Apparently I’m a fan now

52940B99-494E-420A-946B-D60CC51D27CE (resized).jpeg52940B99-494E-420A-946B-D60CC51D27CE (resized).jpeg
#30732 2 years ago

Would love to hear what Rey thought about that. Rarehero, any connection there?

I…don’t think so?

#30733 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Not sure if I was the first to see it, or if no one else was dumb enough to buy it.
This appeared on Pinball Life's website, and it looked pointless, so I bought it.
About 20 pages of minor CAD drawings.
If anyone is interested, I can scan it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This honestly made me chuckle pretty good. I'd love to see the rest of the pages. Definitely an artist's attempt at engineering. Items needed: green solder mask... Sounds like the intent was to mill or etch these boards DIY style? Also love the RoHS and (improperly used) CE mark XD

#30734 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

This honestly made me chuckle pretty good. I'd love to see the rest of the pages. Definitely an artist's attempt at engineering. Items needed: green solder mask... Sounds like the intent was to mill or etch these boards DIY style? Also love the RoHS and (improperly used) CE mark XD

Oh there are a lot of silly drawings like that. There are dozens of unique engineering drawings of simple wire connectors.

#30735 2 years ago

Quoted from Roostking:

Didn't see it on any whiteboards, so yea they didn't.
5 Days of deeproot. WTF was he thinking? Bringing this back up for laughs.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-new-home-new-hires-5-days-deeproot-exclusive-follow-interview/

Here you go. This is the whiteboard photo I referenced during the Jpop pinballs story from the TPN deeproot episode.
someoneneedstoorderpinballs (resized).jpegsomeoneneedstoorderpinballs (resized).jpeg

#30736 2 years ago

Here you go. This is the whiteboard photo I referenced during the Jpop pinballs story I told on the TPN deeproot episode.[quoted image]

The standout quote from that board is: How do we track budget ? ? ? ?

Answer: apparently you don’t

RM and Deeproot in a nutshell right there. The multiple question marks after are the cherry on top.

#30737 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

The standout quote from that board is: How do we track budget ?
Answer: you don’t
RM and Deeproot in a nutshell right there.

That's a great one. But hard to pick just one.

I also enjoy the interesting use of quotation marks in various places (including "pinballs").

#30738 2 years ago

Here you go. This is the whiteboard photo I referenced during the Jpop pinballs story from the TPN deeproot episode.
[quoted image]

Yea, forgot about that. I wonder if the pinball "samples" arrived from Titan? Pinball, samples??? Also, John = JPop = JPOOP

#30739 2 years ago

This is a wise man.

Screenshot_20220420-044058_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220420-044058_Chrome (resized).jpg
#30740 2 years ago

TWIP: Are you concerned about over-promising and under-delivering?

Robert Mueller: LOL! No. Not at all. The bar is so low right now I think the bigger issue (for us) will be to continue to raise it after our launch.

#30741 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is a wise man.[quoted image]

I don't know why they would need to buy parts from Steve Young, unless it's because they need old Gottlieb mechs for JPOP's re-used ideas from pinball machines from 50 years ago.

#30742 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know why they would need to buy parts from Steve Young, unless it's because they need old Gottlieb mechs for JPOP's re-used ideas from pinball machines from 50 years ago.

Steve sells a lot more than old Gottlieb parts and clearly he has seen some things.

Not fooled by Robert a bit, Steve has seen them come and go.

#30743 2 years ago

Steve strikes me similarly as Tim from PHOF. He simply won't take any bullshit or deal with idiots that waste his time

#30744 2 years ago

LMAO. I just envisioned Robert on the phone with Steve and not having any part numbers.

#30745 2 years ago

Steve already has good prices on his products. An OEM will most likely want a pretty big bulk discount, and that juice isn't worth the squeeze at times for a small manufacturer. I don't understand how some others like PBL are able to sell mechs to us peons at the prices they do and still turn a profit.

#30746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

LMAO. I just envisioned Robert on the phone with Steve and not having any part numbers.

Oh shit that reminds me of when I got into the hobby.I called Steve for a part without p/n and he almost hurt my feelings.lol Steve doesn’t suffer fools!

#30747 2 years ago

Guys trying to salvage all those half-finished whitewoods, but the whiteBOARD belongs in a museum.

#30748 2 years ago

Something else I wondered about Steve not wanting to work with them, I wonder if Black Hole 2 was Title TBD because they didn’t want to license the Black Hole IP to deeproot.

#30749 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Something else I wondered about Steve not wanting to work with them, I wonder if Black Hole 2 was Title TBD because they didn’t want to license the Black Hole IP to deeproot.

I don’t think the IP is Steve’s to license, that stuff probably still belongs to Mondial, which in fact still exists and licenses stuff to steve for repros.

It’s probably as simple as already stated: they demanded a discount for bulk parts orders, on credit, and steve politely but curtly told them to go fuck themselves.

I’m shocked they didn’t put Otaku on payroll to trash PBR here over it.

#30750 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:I don't know why they would need to buy parts from Steve Young, unless it's because they need old Gottlieb mechs for JPOP's re-used ideas from pinball machines from 50 years ago.

Because he
1) Makes parts
2) Sells high quality pinball parts for all makes
3) is the best source for many components due to quality and value

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 615 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/615 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.