Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 593 of 672.
#29601 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO what's the differece?

You can't play the cabinet?

#29602 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO what's the differece?

Whimsical fun on a piece of wood with a whacky cast of characters

#29603 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

To be fair, most of these won't play. Though I think getting them flippable should be very easy

#29604 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can't play any of this stuff.

Just scrape off the "goonies" sticker and as far as anybody knows or cares, it's food truck!

#29605 2 years ago

Dang - that workbench keeps hanging on...

#29606 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just remembered...isn't this for back rent, rather than the list of creditors?

I don't think the landlord gets to jump the line like that. I think the argument was the landlord needed the building cleared, so they could accelerate the auction so the landlord could move on.. (and the estate stops accruing even more debt from the landlord).

#29607 2 years ago

$1,275 for Space Cadet/Gladiators proto, maybe a RAZA proto, and some pinball work carts

$8,000 for some proto cabinets, Food Truck proto, and maybe a Raza proto

#29608 2 years ago

Yikes, 8k on the 4 cabs

1275 was it on the playfield whitewoods and rotisseries?

#29609 2 years ago

I think that was most of the interesting stuff. I gotta run for a while if someone else wants to save copies of photos/bids on any other pinball lots

#29610 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:Yikes, 8k on the 4 cabs
1275 was it on the playfield whitewoods and rotisseries?

yup,$1,275 on the rotisseries.

#29611 2 years ago

Congrats to all the winners!

SUPER congrats to all the losers, you dodged a bullet.

Hopefully some of the new lucky owners can let us know how bad the shipping company bones you, or if they'll allow you to arrange your own shipping.

When I won Dio's couch for $600, they wanted to charge me $2500 to have it shipped from California. I had NAVL do it for the bargain price of $800.

#29612 2 years ago

Up soon, the finest ghost hunting pinball machine NOT designed by a deviant scumbag!

#29613 2 years ago

Food trucks were a super popular white collar fad around 2018/19 so I’m not surprised they went with that theme. It fits that company very well.

#29614 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Food trucks were a super popular white collar fad around 2018/19 so I’m not surprised they went with that theme. It fits that company very well.

Just insane to see all this capital investment (that they didn't even need) and they were gonna risk it all on 90% original themes.

Dumb!

#29615 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Lot of guys in the trades ate off food trucks at one time.

#29616 2 years ago

Screaming deal on AMH, though I've just been told it didn't boot. What did they do to it?

#29617 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just insane to see all this capital investment (that they didn't even need) and they were gonna risk it all on 90% original themes.
Dumb!

Yeah, but that food truck banh mi and artisan taco combo with aioli chicken wings is just too delicious!

#29618 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dumb!

I kinda wonder after feedback if they changed priorities on The Who and Goonies. The Who playfield looks mostly fully designed. Goonies seems to be still in the oven.

It seems like the plan was RAZA, then Food Truck, then Merlin's Arcade, then maybe The Who/Goonies or the Space Cadet game

#29619 2 years ago

2,738.25 on black hole

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29620 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Screaming deal on AMH, though I've just been told it didn't boot. What did they do to it?

Raided it for parts? Who knows.

#29621 2 years ago

Anyone see what AMH landed at? I didn't manage to catch the hammer price.

#29622 2 years ago

What parts would they take? The tech is ancient compared to RAZA.

#29623 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

4277 ish. But apparently didn't boot.

#29624 2 years ago

How much for the most haunted?

Of all this garbage, The WHo looked the most "familiar" and closest to being an actual pinball machine.

It's Barry O city...kind of like Drac mixed with Pinbot with some Jokerz thrown in.

I doubt they ever secured the license but it could have been turned into "Magic Bus" or something.

#29625 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Somewhere in the ball park of $4,500 last I saw

#29626 2 years ago

Samsung fridge is a good find. Had to replace my fridge few months back, installers told me there's big shortages on anything remotely fancy.

#29627 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think the landlord gets to jump the line like that. I think the argument was the landlord needed the building cleared, so they could accelerate the auction so the landlord could move on.. (and the estate stops accruing even more debt from the landlord).

I believe that once the trustee has been appointed and until the space is cleared out, the landlord gets paid first for that period of time. At least that was our experience some time ago. For the arrears, the landlord just becomes one of the many unsecured creditors.

#29628 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I believe that once the trustee has been appointed and until the space is cleared out, the landlord gets paid first for that period of time. At least that was our experience some time ago. For the arrears, the landlord just becomes one of the many unsecured creditors.

So how many months unpaid rent of what, 40k?

So whatever they make from this auction aaaaaannnd it's gone.

#29629 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bargain of the auction was the merlins goonies food truck junk lot.
I predict the winner never has to work again.

I wish that were the case...that was me.
But hey, $500 a pop for some interesting whitewoods and some tainted history ain't bad.
Been meaning to do some homebrew, this just gives me a headstart! The goonies pf actually looks pretty interesting to me...I plan on getting them both flipping.

#29630 2 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

But hey, $500 a pop for some interesting whitewoods and some tainted history ain't bad.
Been meaning to do some homebrew, this just gives me a headstart! The goonies pf actually looks pretty interesting to me...I plan on getting them both flipping.

This guy is the winner of the auction !!!

What did it come out to all-in?

#29631 2 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

Best of luck. I'd probably focus on the Merlin's Arcade layout vs the Goonies one

Shouldn't be too hard to get them flipping with a power supply, a P3-ROC, a spare computer, and lots of wiring and crimping.

#29632 2 years ago

Quite a bidding war going on with the Belovac vacuum former. It's just under 5k right now...not really worth it over a new machine with a warranty after you pay shipping and a buyers premium. Hope the buyer is local!

#29633 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This guy is the winner of the auction !!!
What did it come out to all-in?

Dunno yet, still going for some other stuff, trying to make it more worth the 7hr round trip.
With fees I am figuring a grand for the pair; I am up to ~2K total currently, I've bought 3 smaller lots so far.

#29634 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Best of luck. I'd probably focus on the Merlin's Arcade layout vs the Goonies one
Shouldn't be too hard to get them flipping with a power supply, a P3-ROC, a spare computer, and lots of wiring and crimping.

TBH, I am more excited about the Goonies. That said, I am reading the Merlin's Arcade was based on EBD (looks pretty much like EBD with ramps, to be sure) and that'd probably make it a decent shooter. I plan on buying a few CobraPins for sure. It seems like Fast and P3ROC are a bit on the high side.

#29635 2 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

TBH, I am more excited about the Goonies. That said, I am reading the Merlin's Arcade was based on EBD (looks pretty much like EBD with ramps, to be sure) and that'd probably make it a decent shooter. I plan on buying a few CobraPins for sure. It seems like Fast and P3ROC are a bit on the high side.

Yeah Merlin's look like it'll be a solid shooter. Goonies...Idk looking at that layout

I haven't tried the CobraPin controller yet, but I do think P3 ROC was worth the price. Very easy to setup and well documented.

Good luck on your bidding and future project

#29636 2 years ago

In the auction excitement, don't forget there was a deeproot creditors meeting today. Here is what I heard:
1. One woman named Kim asked about 15 very in-depth questions about deeproot investments. It appears her parents invested and lost quite a bit of money. She made it clear that Robert got to know her family while convincing them to invest. Robert acknowledged that he does know them quite well and then took the 5th amendment to avoid self-incrimination to EVERY question.
2. One investor confronted Robert about his $466,000 and asked if Robert ever actually had that money when he said he did or was it gone immediately. That prompted a 5th amendment plead.
3. One investor asked how Robert sleeps at night, and another suggested Robert should "burn in hell." There were no responses to those statements.

#29637 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

3. One investor asked how Robert sleeps at night, and another suggested Robert should "burn in hell." There were no responses to those statements.

So nobody said anything mean or unwarranted? The restraint is admirable!

#29638 2 years ago

About one fiddy for the "heavy industrial manufacturing" equipment.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29639 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

In the auction excitement, don't forget there was a deeproot creditors meeting today. Here is what I heard:
1. One woman named Kim asked about 15 very in-depth questions about deeproot investments. It appears her parents invested and lost quite a bit of money. She made it clear that Robert got to know her family while convincing them to invest. Robert acknowledged that he does know them quite well and then took the 5th amendment to avoid self-incrimination to EVERY question.
2. One investor confronted Robert about his $466,000 and asked if Robert ever actually had that money when he said he did or was it gone immediately. That prompted a 5th amendment plead.

Thank you for taking the time to attend and share what happened. That continues to paint a picture.

Some of the details of this emerging story remind me of what had to be proven during the Theranos trial - intent to defraud.

Can Robert save his skin by creating doubt that this was a fraud, and he was simply an incompetent?

#29640 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thank you for taking the time to attend and share what happened. That continues to paint a picture.
Some of the details of this emerging story remind me of what had to be proven during the Theranos trial - intent to defraud.
Can Robert save his skin by creating doubt that this was a fraud, and he was simply an incompetent?

It was always fraud though. He spent money on something other than what he told investors. He paid out old investors with new investors money.

Theranos lied, but they were mostly honest about what they were spending the money on.

#29641 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

About one fiddy for the "heavy industrial manufacturing" equipment.[quoted image]

I think the total of today's auction is probably somewhere in the 500k-1m range

#29642 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was always fraud though. He spent money on something other than what he told investors. He paid out old investors with new investors money.
Theranos lied, but they were mostly honest about what they were spending the money on.

yeah, that little detail is a little hard to defend.

#29643 2 years ago

wonder if winner of nicer RAZA is in talks with another party to gear up and produce them. allow insanity to run amuck and you have chaos.

#29644 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

wonder if winner of nicer RAZA is in talks with another party to gear up and produce them. let the insanity rule.

I know someone who may know the answer, but he's not allowed to say.

#29645 2 years ago

Something else about looking at all that machinery and heavy equipment, it's wild that Robert put all of this equipment into a building he was only leasing and didn't own. Like what if the landlord told him to get out or pay some absurd rent increase? (Idk Texas law on commercial real estate leases)

#29646 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Something else about looking at all that machinery and heavy equipment, it's wild that Robert put all of this equipment into a building he was only leasing and didn't own. Like what if the landlord told him to get out or pay some absurd rent increase? (Idk Texas law on commercial real estate leases)

Well usually they’re for five years. Landlords also like companies that have lots of equipment and are hard to move - they are more likely to stick around through rate increases.

#29647 2 years ago

Looking forward to going back through this thread when I have a true break. Many thanks to the sewer documentarians for capturing this info when I'm not available to do so. Call me crazy, but we work so well together I'm wondering if we shouldn't team up to launch a new pinball company?

#29648 2 years ago

I just have one question: WHO GOT THE BOTTLES?!?

#29649 2 years ago

The CNC machines went for 50/54k.

Probably a steal: pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png Someone was saying it was worth $500k.

#29650 2 years ago

The market for a machine like that has to be fairly small. It wouldn't surprise me if this was bought by a machinery house which will store and resell this for a nice profit once they locate the right buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 593 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/593 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.