Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 497 of 672.
#24801 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

No surprise Robert took the pinball machines and not the gym equipment

I'm sure there will be at least a recreation yard or something at the Federal Pen. No worries.

#24802 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If it’s cleaned out now like it looks then it just happened.
Whenever that last update I gave was the place was full of pins in the “break room area” and the back part of the building was full of shelves, parts, boxes etc. office furniture up front
Maybe the landlord confiscated it? If it was Bobby I’m sure the SEC will like to know where those assets ended up. Might be a penny or two on the dollar it still matters as part of the recovery for investors.

The furniture lease company likely cleaned it out.

Img 3541 looks to be a board/chip setter

#24803 2 years ago

Robert gave/relocated all of Deeproot Studios (utah-based) expensive vfx-capable computer systems and servers to FutureHouse Studios. (The company that is falsely claiming to have created the Food Truck and Merlin's Arcade animations. (History revisionists.)) Knowing how fast and loose Robert plays with his business and toys...i doubt he did this with the appropriate paperwork or protocols. I wonder if this equipment will be located by the feds and liquidated to pay back the victim's stolen money.

#24804 2 years ago

I hope as much money as possible makes its way back to the rightful owners.

#24805 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The only good thing about this back and forth Darscot is having is that he's not constantly reminding everyone he's a top game developer. It does play into his "I know everything" attitude though.

Ha ha people think I’m a broken record. I have no idea why you are so infatuated with me.

#24806 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

confirmed[quoted image]

I’ve never seen this done before (birds eye view of building shown on front door of company). I suppose if you were lost you could fly your “bring your own” drone over the building to figure it out.

#24807 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I’ve never seen this done before. I suppose if you were lost you could fly your “bring your own” drone over the building to figure it out.

It's bizarre so I'm assuming it was John's idea.

So what happens to the people who relocated to Texas? Will they form TEXAS STAR PINBALL with a logo that also looks like a butt plug?

#24808 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I'll take some of that SMT machinery that "doesn't work..."
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I bet it hasn't seen a temperature over ambient yet.

#24809 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So what happens to the people who relocated to Texas? Will they form TEXAS STAR PINBALL with a logo that also looks like a butt plug?

We know the butt plug logo is available, per recent trademark posts by Blueberry. Gen Z’r love butt plugs. It would make a bold statement. Greatwich might even decide to move South for that kind of once in a lifetime opportunity.

#24810 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I bet it hasn't seen a temperature over ambient yet.

I don't see why they need a reflow machine, they already get unlimited hot air out of Robert's mouth...

#24811 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't see why they need a reflow machine, they already get unlimited hot air out of Robert's mouth...

They can't keep the proper temperature profile. Too hot and too long. Like 4 years too long.

#24812 2 years ago

So have any of the Pinball Pre-Order victims contacted the Texas DOJ and/or SEC? I’m curious where this stands as there doesn’t seem to be much mention of pinball in the SEC filing

#24813 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes, I'd agree that the big jobs are usually outsourced to landscaping companies. However, the buildings where I've worked always had staff doing minor upkeep/cleanup/trimming between visits.

Ok $100 for anyone that can capture a picture of JPOP on the riding lawnmower. I assume he needs the work since he has been furloughed.

#24814 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

How many Elliptical machines does a pinball company need?!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

from the looks of things, they were never used

#24815 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ha ha people think I’m a broken record. I have no idea why you are so infatuated with me.

Lol. I would have expected your "triggered" comment. The variety is appreciated.

#24816 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So have any of the Pinball Pre-Order victims contacted the Texas DOJ and/or SEC? I’m curious where this stands as there doesn’t seem to be much mention of pinball in the SEC filing

SEC just basically said millions were funneled to these related party businesses and were NOT “arms length transactions” and that the 575 fund essentially got NOTHING in return.

The prospectus said the 575 fund would be supported by “life insurance and other underlying businesses”

That didn’t sit well with the SEC, lack of oversight and disregard for investor funds

Rest assured, if the SEC doesn’t bury him, and it looks like they will, Bobby is going to face an onslaught of litigation. Suing him personally if he has anything to get.

#24817 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Suing him personally if he has anything to get.

Sorry. You're planning on suing him personally?

#24818 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I hope as much money as possible makes its way back to the rightful owners.

I would be one of those rightful owners - my tax dollars were used on PPP loans!

#24819 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Sorry. You're planning on suing him personally?

He is saying that creditors would sue RM personally in addition to the deeproot companies ("pierce the corporate veil").

#24820 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. I would have expected your "triggered" comment. The variety is appreciated.

Anyone read Choke by Chuck Palahniuk that’s the context I think of for triggered.

#24821 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I would be one of those rightful owners - my tax dollars were used on PPP loans!

At latest count, $2,444,916 across six loans with more than half of the money already forgiven!

#24822 2 years ago

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rt61l

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Ha! You also gave us SCTV, Neil Young, Bruce Cockburn, Joni Mitchell, Barenaked Ladies, Leonard Cohen and Gordon Lightfoot.
Not bad!

I'd also like to add the criminally underrated (outside of Canada) multi-JUNO awarded band: Blue Rodeo

#24823 2 years ago

Another great one from Canada:

#24824 2 years ago

Saga is amazing.

#24825 2 years ago

The elliptical machines are typical “cargo cult” behavior. Silicon Valley companies have fitness centers on campus, therefore to be successful, deeproot need to as well! Never mind that those gyms are funded by, you know, revenue from doing business. Blows my mind that someone can be trusted with $58 million and not understand the basic laws of business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

#24826 2 years ago

Another from the Canucks:

#24827 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

At latest count, $2,444,916 across six loans with more than half of the money already forgiven!

Bobby didn’t care who he ripped off, taxpayers, investors, pinball community etc

The next American Greed episode needs to be based on this saga. What a beauty this guy is.

#24828 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rt61l

I'd also like to add the criminally underrated (outside of Canada) multi-JUNO awarded band: Blue Rodeo

I'll raise you a red green and a frantics, four on the floor

#24829 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I'll take some of that SMT machinery that "doesn't work..."
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That wave soldering machine is some serious money. Looks like a pick and place machine too possibly. Also big bucks.

#24830 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'll raise you a red green and a frantics, four on the floor

Wow, never heard of 4 On The Floor, but I love Red Green! What about Super Dave?

#24831 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

Wow, never heard of 4 On The Floor, but I love Red Green! What about Super Dave?

I had satellite growing up, watched a ton of canadian stuff. Also had bootleg showtime so I also watched super dave on bizarre

Also this thread just came full circle

#24832 2 years ago

Bizarre!

#24833 2 years ago

Deeproot Studios org org chart (circa ?) courtesy of Kaneda and my best guess at who already left (if anyone is even still there) based on public info:

ds-org1 (resized).pngds-org1 (resized).pngds-org2 (resized).pngds-org2 (resized).png

#24834 2 years ago

Deeproot Studios org org chart (circa ?) courtesy of Kaneda and my best guess at who already left (if anyone is even still there) based on public info:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well..I'm the "Steve Rigging" guy.

#24835 2 years ago

Though I was promoted shortly after this. Funny and true.

#24836 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Though I was promoted shortly after this. Funny and true.

congratulations!

Just found another one I should update. Will change that as well

#24837 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That wave soldering machine is some serious money. Looks like a pick and place machine too possibly. Also big bucks.

This is what is just so bizarre. How were they supposed to break even with capital investments like this ? What did their fantasy revenue projections over say 3 years look like going from losing money due to large capital/labor expenses to hockey stick growth ? Did they presume the need for other investors ? This looks like going more on a drunken spending binge than a company.

It seemed to try to use a VC model where you light money on fire, and show user engagement with no actual revenue. You then sell it out so someone can take the infrastructure and figure out how to run a real company that makes more than it spends. But who the hell was going to buy this ?

I would really like to see the book he writes from prison to give any insight here. As long as he is not allowed to earn a profit from the publication, I’m in.

#24838 2 years ago

Revised DR Studios org chart, v2

ds-orgchart-v2 (resized).pngds-orgchart-v2 (resized).png

#24839 2 years ago

Todd and this stuff out of Canada is CRAZY funny/wild!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558128/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

#24840 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Well..I'm the "Steve Rigging" guy.

So does that mean you’re “Level 3” on the Respect Chart?

#24842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So does that mean you’re “Level 3” on the Respect Chart?

This chart looks like a ponzi scheme. hahaha

#24843 2 years ago

What were the Studios even trying to accomplish?

All those department heads just to make FOOD TRUCK animations?

#24844 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

This chart looks like a ponzi scheme. hahaha

#24845 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What were the Studios even trying to accomplish?
All those department heads just to make FOOD TRUCK animations?

I'll most likely be shedding a lot of light on this soon.

#24846 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I'll most likely be shedding a lot of light on this soon.

200.gif200.gif
#24847 2 years ago

Pick and place??!?! Why the fuck were they making their own boards?!! Stern doesn’t even do this. It’s ludicrous. There is no reason to. It isn’t even a high enough cost expense to justify it. And pinball is at volumes that would NEVER make sense for this. The way contract fabs make their money after outlaying huge capital investments in their chip making machines is to do big volume for many customers. Imagine blowing tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on machines that might make, what, optimistically, 5,000 boards a year? The machines would sit mostly idle. The economics of it make zero sense.

#24848 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just me, or are there no manufacturing roles in that organisation chart?

#24849 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Is it just me, or are there no manufacturing roles in that organisation chart?

That chart is for deeproot studios, the animation house Robert ran. Separate form deeproot pinball.

#24850 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I would really like to see the book he writes from prison to give any insight here.

2 (resized).png2 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 497 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/497 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.