Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 666 of 672.
#33251 5 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am cracking up over here thinking about the time Robert was seriously building a theater to unveil his games in....Just wild.

Sucks the theater guy didn't get paid.

#33252 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep Root was always obsessed with patents, which is probably why you are seeing this nonsense filter down to TurnerBalls.
It's a very 2023 thing...tech companies LOVE the idea of patents and how they'll get mega rich off of them in the future. Companies like IBM incentivize their employees winning patents for the company, and they have a large department dedicated to enforcing/getting money for patent use, which they see as all profit.
Of course the idea that anybody on the planet would need (or pay for) any of these dumb pinball patents that Deep Root/Turner are dreaming up (Removable backbox, pinbar, in-game removable playfield rottiserie, hydraulic assisted playfield glass removal) is absolutely besides the point when you have your head this far up your ass.

Isn't the patent thing pinball normal. I remember reading about all the different companies patenting everything lik screens on playfield and flippers that learn to auto flip. JPOP loved patents too of course. I agree though Levi, doesn't seem worth the effort. Does Stern or the other current manufacturers still bother?

#33253 5 months ago
Quoted from arkuz:

Agreed on the difficulties moving pins around as you get older. In terms of modularity, you're describing EMs (at least those from the 60s and 70s). Thank goodness for removable playfields, allowing me to move these machines out of my basement myself -- for now, until my muscle mass disappears completely :-/

I find myself "farming out" more and more of my moving jobs to other, younger people. I can still do it but depending on the situation...why?

Don't kill yourself moving a pinball machine man. Find some neighborhood kids to help you move this stuff.

#33255 5 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Does Stern or the other current manufacturers still bother?

Stern patents a ton of stuff, just google stern pinball patents.

#33256 5 months ago

I'd like to know who got this sign from the building and if they'd be willing to sell it.
It mysteriously disappeared shortly after being reported here on Pinside.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#33257 5 months ago

Just had to get in on that!

#33258 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd like to know who got this sign from the building and if they'd be willing to sell it.
It mysteriously disappeared shortly after being reported here on Pinside.

[quoted image]

I'm astonished copies of this have not ended up in someone's pinside store.

#33259 5 months ago

I had the same thought or an updated sign.

(Sorry, I can't do Photoshop and I'm a hack at Paint. Feel free to create your own)

zzzzPinside_forum_7843328_0 2 (resized).jpgzzzzPinside_forum_7843328_0 2 (resized).jpg

#33260 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

(Sorry, I can't do Photoshop and I'm a hack at Paint. Feel free to create your own)

[quoted image]

Your level of effort is on par with the idea behind the original sign.

#33261 5 months ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Your level of effort is on par with the idea behind the original sign.

Bah ha ha ha !
I know, the original sign looks like an 8 year old did it. Not an innovative, lean and agile, 60 million dollar company.

I still want to buy it though...

#33262 5 months ago

Don't forget, the sign was an affectionate tribute from deeproot colleagues to Barry Oursler (not a Jpop for jpop creation, as popularly presumed).

#33263 5 months ago

Also, as I recall, shortly after the sign was taken, someone posted that they knew where it went.

#33264 5 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Don't forget, the sign was an affectionate tribute from deeproot colleagues to Barry Oursler (not a Jpop for jpop creation, as popularly presumed).

If it was someone else's artwork, Jpop would have autographed it as if it was his own.

#33265 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Bah ha ha ha !
I know, the original sign looks like an 8 year old did it.

An Octo-sign.

#33266 5 months ago

I don't know about the sign... that purple used for the pin is screaming jpop

#33267 5 months ago

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.44.34?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-11-01 at 10.44.34?AM (resized).png

#33268 5 months ago

FTX officially collapsed on 11-17-2022. Sam Bankman-Fried was convicted on all 7 charges today, 11-2-2023 ...and jurors took just 4.5 hours to decide.

Its a high profile case of course, but I find the speed of everything involved amazing.

Next up is sentencing and of course an appeal as he faces a maximum of 110 years.

#33269 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sam Bankman-Fried was convicted on all 7 charges today and jurors took just 4.5 hours to decide.

Can we please get the same jurors for Robert Mueller?

#33270 5 months ago

I bet RM wouldn't do well with a panel of Texans.

#33271 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FTX officially collapsed on 11-17-2022. Sam Bankman-Fried was convicted on all 7 charges today, 11-2-2023 ...and jurors took just 4.5 hours to decide.
Its a high profile case of course, but I find the speed of everything involved amazing.
Next up is sentencing and of course an appeal as he faces a maximum of 110 years.

Lets hope he talks. Lots more high profile benefited from his scam.

#33272 5 months ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Dude is toast. Feds 96%+ conviction rate. His best move is to plead guilty, cooperate to the extent he gets deal for some type of protective custody. Pleading guilty gets you a 2 level reduction and saves them money. Feds would likely agree he needs some form of protection.

Quoted from Roostking:

Lets hope he talks. Lots more high profile benefited from his scam.

His last chance was 4 days ago. He had the chance to say "no mas" on the steps to the courthouse and plead guilty. There probably wasn't much of a deal offered, but you still get the 2 level reduction from the sentencing guidelines for taking responsibility. He could have asked for the low end of the guideline level which would have saved around 2 1/2 to 3 years by pleading guilty.

The pretrial/probation dept now does a pre sentencing investigation (PSI) and writes a report. Defendant can then argue points of PSI. Judge receives report and sentences individual based upon guidelines and report. Best he could possibly due at this point is somehow get the low end of whatever level he ends up at on the sentencing guidelines.

#33273 5 months ago

Don’t forget the whole SEC thing is a civil trial.

The SEC case against FTX is on hold - https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/66631003/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-bankman-fried/

#33274 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FTX officially collapsed on 11-17-2022. Sam Bankman-Fried was convicted on all 7 charges today

That kid donated a TON of money to BOTH political parties. You only hear about the Democrat donations because, "Reporters freak the f*** out if you donate to a Republican, because they're all super liberal. And I didn't want to have that fight, so I just made all the Republican ones dark."

"All of this dirty money was used in service of Bankman-Fried's desire to buy bipartisan influence and impact the direction of public policy in Washington,"

People don't walk into DC rich, but they sure do leave rich. Bought

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ftx-sam-bankman-fried-political-donations-2022/

#33275 5 months ago

Oof. I figured Robert's best chance was to be able to roll on SBF.

#33276 5 months ago

Oof. I figured Robert's best chance was to be able to roll on SBF.

It would have been amusing if Sam Bankman-Fried had invested in Deeproot and Robert had invested in FTX.

I mean, they both splashed other peoples' money around like drunken sailors.

#33277 5 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I bet RM wouldn't do well with a panel of Texans.

RM might prefer the trial venue be in a state that consistently votes for an Attorney General currently on trial for securities fraud...

He just has to figure out how to convince people he's on the same team!

#33278 5 months ago

Back to the bankruptcy proceedings, fifth application for compensation for representation from the trustee. This one covers work done in Q3 and is for $202k. If granted, it will bring total compensation for expenses and fees for the trustee's counsel to $1,275,112.50.

I have not reviewed to see if there's anything else of interest in its 224 pages. Based on previous such documents, probably just some minor tidbits.

deeprootcapital-306-2023.11.03.pdfdeeprootcapital-306-2023.11.03.pdf
#33279 5 months ago

Back to the bankruptcy proceedings, fifth application for compensation for representation from the trustee. This one covers work done in Q3 and is for $202k. If granted, it will bring total compensation for expenses and fees for the trustee's counsel to $1,275,112.50.
I have not reviewed to see if there's anything else of interest in its 224 pages. Based on previous such documents, probably just some minor tidbits.[quoted image]

Lawyers get paid first. Not hating, but fact..

#33280 5 months ago

I have not reviewed to see if there's anything else of interest in its 224 pages. Based on previous such documents, probably just some minor tidbits.[quoted image]

Quite a running total there. Is this a typical amount that a bankruptcy lawyer could expect to see from a case? Seems almost worthwhile to make a career change if so...

#33281 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Just so you know, that sign was made for Barry Oursler.

Jpop never had a car as he would fly in then walk from the hotel. During the short period he did live in an apartment in San Antonio he would ride a bicycle into the office.

It was just a fun sign and never taken seriously. The handicap spot was missing the sign so the techs made that one one day since Barry always parked there.

#33282 5 months ago

Though we remain ignorant to any decision regarding the motion for summary judgment, Xavier issues an order in favor of the plaintiff with respect to a couple pre-trial objections.

SEC-126-2023.11.06.pdfSEC-126-2023.11.06.pdf
#33283 5 months ago

Though we remain ignorant to any decision regarding the motion for summary judgment, Xavier issues an order in favor of the plaintiff with respect to a couple pre-trial objections.
[quoted image]

What Robert's lawyers were trying to pull reads pretty funny to me.

#33284 5 months ago

What Robert's lawyers were trying to pull reads pretty funny to me.

Trying to avoid cross-examination of their witnesses in front of a jury?

#33285 5 months ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Trying to avoid cross-examination of their witnesses in front of a jury?

Essentially my read. Saying that you can't have witnesses be listed as available both by deposition or live, and then pick and choose which you want to do. That if the person is marked as being available to appear live, they have to appear live. You can't then submit their deposition as testimony claiming they are unavailable.

#33286 5 months ago

My favorite aspects were the defandant asserting they can't get people to testify live even though the code "enables all parties in SEC litigation to issue subpoenas to compel the appearance at trial of witnesses located anywhere in the United States.” Further "Because both parties possess nation-wide subpoena power in this case, securing live testimony will not likely be “extremely difficult or virtually impossible.”

With the kicker being:
"Accordingly, the Court sustains Plaintiff’s objections with respect to the four witnesses designated for both live testimony and deposition testimony: Scott Allen, Robert Mueller, Dennis Concilla, and Andrew Federico. If these witnesses testify in-person, Defendant cannot also rely on their deposition testimony"

I mean, what the hell? Can't they keep their stories straight? What's the over/under on how long it will take the SEC lawyers to impeach them?

I put it at four minutes.

#33287 5 months ago

The really funny thing is Robert is saying he may be unavailable to testify live. Dude, it's YOUR trial, how in the hell are you not available?

#33288 5 months ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

The really funny thing is Robert is saying he may be unavailable to testify live. Dude, it's YOUR trial, how in the hell are you not available?

He still thinks he smart and special. Hes only special.

#33289 5 months ago

he figures he will look less stupid and less guilty on paper than he will in person, because as soon as he opens his mouth, it will remove all doubt.

#33290 5 months ago

While we wait for further updates from the esteemed Dr. Blueberry Johnson, I came across the article below. There are some loose similarities...

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2023/11/08/anchorage-man-accused-massive-ponzi-like-scheme-faces-his-victims-court/

#33291 5 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

While we wait for further updates from the esteemed Dr. Blueberry Johnson, I came across the article below. There are some loose similarities...
https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2023/11/08/anchorage-man-accused-massive-ponzi-like-scheme-faces-his-victims-court/

Thats interesting. He knew he was effed and changed his plea to guilty and will get a minimum of 5 years.. Nice find.

#33292 5 months ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

He's busy in Africa or wherever that was with his diamond mines. Octo mines are a lot of work.

#33293 5 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

He's busy in Africa or wherever that was with his diamond mines. Octo mines are a lot of work.

"Fat Texas asshole arrested in Africa for soliciting miners"

#33294 5 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

It was gold mining.

#33295 5 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Fat Texas asshole arrested in Africa for soliciting miners"

miners-not-minors.gifminers-not-minors.gif
#33296 5 months ago

"The dog ate my motion."

nov10.pdfnov10.pdfpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#33297 5 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

"The dog ate my motion."
[quoted image][quoted image]

Unreal. Walls are closing in.

#33298 5 months ago

The next filing will be a motion to have a new lead counsel assigned to the defense, watch.

#33299 5 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

The next filing will be a motion to have a new lead counsel assigned to the defense, watch.

Maybe that's the plan?

New lead counsel, dec 4th SEC trial date is skipped, next trial scheduled for.. march? More delays, more delays..

Statute of limitation on wire fraud is five years? So he can only be charged for things since Nov 2018 right now -- although we know he was taking in investments as late as a few weeks before the SEC case was filed (Aug 2021) - so there's still ~3 years for the government to charge him.

#33300 5 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Better Call Saul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 666 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.