Topic Stats

• 3,720 posts
  • 468 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 287 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (1) (resized).jpg
796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg
0B966A11-8469-414B-9C2F-C9DF19CC4CB7 (resized).jpeg
86B9AFF5-7994-4533-8035-BF72DE192D7B (resized).jpeg
70CC644C-8879-4458-9BA0-0BC0F213F6C2 (resized).jpeg
db (resized).jpg
47c040df4230b1e31132a7da4b1ad3cb86338f0e.png (resized).png
JJP MPGA Hat (resized).png
C8976855-AA0C-4B3B-9702-32CF84E7BDAA (resized).jpeg
b46d3d6e6490def3254d6c9d43443e67fcd94c30bda7bee2bfeac0ad76b93d81 (resized).jpg
vhh9hP3 (resized).jpg
brokenfingernail01 (resized).jpg
BE1EA8F3-F2D3-4857-8DFC-66BE236FA5E2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
razzledazzle01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by applejuice (1 year ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (53 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2048 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants to wear that Shit. It’s why 3D TV flopped.
I’m not surprised at all that not a single person I know is into VR.

I know lots, including myself. Yes, it has its drawbacks, but it also has its fans. I mean, come on, Pinball was dead too according to the populous and currently even though it isn't cheap it is still cheaper than pinball. Oh and PSVR is a joke and shouldn't even be called VR.

#2058 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a terrible analogy, as I don't think anybody has invested tens of billions of dollars in pinball lately.
People aren't spending that kind of money to turn VR into a niche hobby "that has its fans" that most people don't even realize still exists.
All the commercials I've seen (or haven't seen? They don't seem to be running them on NFL games this year) feature loads of happy families, old ladies, kids, all with these dorky headsets on giggling and rolling around on the couch, joining in on the hilarity and techno wonder as a family, shocked and stupified at the dramatically changed world they live in. I think we can all admit that hasn't happened yet en masse, nor does it appear to be on the horizon, immediate nor otherwise.

That sounds like old man talking. Just saying. The #1 complaint isn't the visors, it is the DPI and the tether, both of which are being worked on. I doubt having a headset on is really ever going to go anywhere until some tech comes along that allows you to just wear some form of contacts. The VR community is way larger than the pinball community. VR was brought into this conversation as a failed tech -- I'm just pointing out that it isn't failed at all, but it fits because pinball will die before VR does - because it will continue to improve and get cheaper. Pinball will still be big, bulky, and expensive. I happen to enjoy both anyway.

#2059 6 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No. the only way people can use it is by themselves. The VR interfaces preclude simultaneous interaction with the R/W and since it's either/or, people choose real world interaction for convenience, comfort and casual conversation. I hardly see people even listening to music anymore if it's not some loner kid with no friends. People escape from media rather than immerse themselves in it these days.

What? So many people walking around with earbuds in everywhere I go or their noses buried in their phones.

I will say this - if a person here hasn't actually tried VR. I mean really tried it - then you really have no comment on the tech, you're just hating. There's nothing to hate about it, it is just another medium of entertainment / interaction. It will continue to improve over time. The problem right now is people are limited in their scope of how to use it and the hardware requirements don't scale real well to make it more realistic.

#2066 6 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

VR is soooooo 2013. Seriously folks, it's done. Talking about the wonders of it today is like those people who audibly gasp when the 3D kicks in at the movie theater.
Now I'd agree VR is the best way to make a "virtual" pin. You could just have the first foot or so of a pin, grab onto the flippers and rest is simulated. But we don't really want that, do we?
Nope. People want big bulky collectibles so their basement looks like a bar to remind them of when they were single. It's the secret (not so secret?) reason Heigheway's modular system would never take off.
Remember this is a hobby where people pay a $17,000 premium for different decals on a wooden box.

Oddly, I have a virtual pin, and I know people have taken steps to make those 'VR' and of course there's the PC pinball studios, but I have no interest in that aspect of VR. I don't see any of that as a replacement for a real pin - but then you are also on a board of pinball enthusiasts. I know lots of people who love PC pinball and virtual VR pinball cabinets because I've been involved in that scene as well. It is niche. On this I agree.

I would assume you have a bit better pulse on where VR is going than myself - but I disagree about your thought of VR being dead. I can understand if you don't like it - it has it's many downsides to what it truly could be. I can even understand if that is because the key players have stepped back, but I think what a lot of people don't talk about is there are so many holdouts waiting for 'gen2'. who want better quality and cheaper. Who knows what or if that will even be.

Anyway - probably not the right thread to go to deep into this discussion..

#2068 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My mom ain't wearing no dorky visor and she as shit isn't gonna stuff some electro-contact lens in her eyes just so she can roll around the couch and laugh like those dumb ads on TV.
I also won't be doing that.

Congrats?

#2073 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

benheck, you say VR is dead, but how many are willing to give up hope on a Holo-deck experience so easily? When the two technologies finally converge, the one which currently exists, and the one which is so far advanced it makes VR look like bone knives and bearskins, humans will flock to it, no?

You said it better I think. I'm not looking at VR as it is at this moment. VR will continue to evolve, maybe slowly, but it has come to a point where people see that it IS possible. I think it is far from dead.

#2078 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys just can't wait for virtual sex, huh?

You say that like it's a bad thing! No fuss, no muss, no feelings, no stds, no law suits 30 years later when you are running for office!

#2080 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really doubt that.
You think unsolicited dick pics are bad?!

Well... "i" dont.. But the restraining orders say otherwise.

#2124 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well if you pre-paid for ZW game.. You agreed to purchase a product from a non-existent company... that promised to do it after they got orders to build stuff. You invested in a promise of a future deliverable from a clearly non-existent company with no history. I think that's fair to challenge the claim of 'agreed to purchase a product from a company'. Agreed to purchase something as complex as a pinball machine... from a single mad scientist.
Maybe invested in a dream...

I think people are misusing 'investing'. They are crowdfunding. Completely different.

#2132 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's a simple way to look at it...
Which came first - your order, or the actual company and product to fulfill your order?
We're not talking the strict definition - but labeling that captures the reality of the situation. Ordering from JPOP was not the same as ordering from Amazon, or even your local department store promising delivery after payment. "ordering a product" is just people clinging onto a strict definition to distance themselves from the consequences of their choices.

They were pre-purchasing a product that didn't exist, hoping that with enough people doing it, it would be made. That is crowdfunding. Investing is completely different in that it doesn't stop at 'getting a product' (which actually is not the goal or promised to begin with).

#2140 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And you are wrong as well. This was never advertised as a crowdfunding deal, or an oinvestment. It was advertised as"You send us money, we send you a game when it's produced."
That, my friend, is a purchase.

Apparently you've never been part of a no show crowdfunding deal. Same thing. The pitch is only until the funding is over. You only 'aren't purchasing' if the actual funding fails. If it succeeds, you purchased, and then you 'hope' you get your item. It is exactly this. It is just wordplay and it doesn't matter how it was pitched. Money exchanged, and then it's a waiting game of if you get your item or not. Regardless what you want to call it, the primary point is, this was not at all investing. Either way, it sucks balls and people who do it should be ordered to maid service to everyone they screw for a year each.

#2142 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Point me I the direction of any screenshot, post, text, email etc etc where Zidware proclaimed this was a crowdfunding effort and might not happen?
Hint, it doesn't exist and to this day, he will probably tell you that it could "still" happen.
One thing you do have right, I have never crowdfunded. I would never send a penny to someone who hopes to make said product. That's just goofy lol.

I think you were typing when I was editing, but I addressed this, and smart man(?) I made the mistake one time...never again.

#2193 5 months ago

On that note, why not fix/finish Magic Girl? I personally think that looked like it could have been great. Guessing many of the same hurdles as the others though (aside from license).

#2195 5 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What about it could have been great? The layout didn't work at all, mechs were all broken or missing, it had all sorts of weird parts (like the bizarre cabinet), and Zombie Yeti's artwork was nothing like as good as his latter stuff has been -JPop was 'directing' and it was his first experience with pinball.

Did the 'finish/fix' part not come through?

#2197 5 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

So the whole thing was a pile of crap, and theme was just a bad amalgamation of ToM & CV, but it 'could be great' ... makes sense.

Sorry, I'll let you get back to your echo chamber.

#2203 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Says the guy praising magic girl... the biggest fail of how to design pins in the modern era.

Followed closely by others being suggested. Not sure I see your point, but not really interested in trying since you didn't try to see mine.

5 months later
#3580 17 days ago

Magic Girl 2-6. Cheaper to make all the sequels at one time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside