View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 551 of 672.
#27501 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Even so, would still love to see a crappy webcam feed of RM joining his 11 bankruptcy cases together. Perhaps he will be seated at a desk from Harbor Freight? Seated inside a PinPod booth for audio quality reasons?

I wanna see him say he has to hop off because he has an 1130 meeting about drilling for minerals in Africa

#27502 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

That's the one.
Gross.

I've still got "Secret Robert-Jpop Love Affair" on my Deeproot bingo card.

#27503 2 years ago

blueberryjohnson did you confirm this is open to the public?

Screen Shot 2021 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021 (resized).png
#27504 2 years ago

Listening by phone right now!

(650) 479-3207 Access Code 2305 728 3687

Was even scolded by an exasperated speaker when signing on for not muting my phone! (I assumed would be mass muted at login)

#27505 2 years ago

Yeah I'm in there. Lots of people joining. Be sure to mute your mic. It surprisingly doesn't automute.

#27506 2 years ago

Haha hearing all of the "joining the call" sounds now

#27507 2 years ago

This guy establishing legal precedents for something related to deeproot or is this some other case?

#27508 2 years ago

This guy establishing legal precedents for something related to deeproot or is this some other case?

This is another case, I think they're running a little behind.

#27509 2 years ago

The judge reading out the legal briefings is the sort of thing people could fall asleep too, like people who listen to maritime weather reports to fall asleep.

#27510 2 years ago

We should have joined with user ID's named after various titles announced by Deeproot.. damn.

#27511 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

We should have joined with user ID's named after various titles announced by Deeproot.. damn.

Idk what y'all are doing, but I'm "Title TBD"

#27512 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Looks like we have time now to try to register.

Here's screenshot of relevant details. I didn't read it as requiring spectators to contact the court coordinator, though I suppose people can try reaching out. I'm going to start just by creating a webex account.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.08.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.08.21 AM (resized).png

All right, gotta get to actual work for real. Godspeed, rooters

#27513 2 years ago

I hear judges are statistically much more strict on people who have their cases heard right before lunch because the judge is hangry.

Seems like this hearing won't start for a bit longer...Robert better hope the judge has some peanut butter crackers.

#27514 2 years ago

Here's screenshot of relevant details. I didn't read it as requiring spectators to contact the court coordinator, though I suppose people can try reaching out. I'm going to start just by creating a webex account.

"Appearance" in legal parlance basically means participation.

Unless it's a closed doors session (which it shouldn't be) silent spectators should be allowed.

#27515 2 years ago

If you do choose to listen in, please do not do anything to disrupt this case. No funny stuff, no speaking, no rude names. It is a privilege they can easily take away.

#27516 2 years ago

This will probably not amount to much, but I figured out how to record an audio copy for funsies and my own edification.

#27517 2 years ago

<deleted>

#27518 2 years ago

Here we go...they're calling the case numbers for deeproot now.

#27519 2 years ago

This poor woman having to read all these LLC names...

#27520 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This poor woman having to read all these LLC names...

Imagine if she had to read the proposed game titles

#27521 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.35.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-20 at 7.35.28 AM (resized).png

Guys, the webex makes it look like you need a password - you don't - just put in a name and email then tick the box join as guest

#27522 2 years ago

Oh snap, they told me not to audio record...oh whatever shall I do?

#27523 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This will probably not amount to much, but I figured out how to record an audio copy for funsies and my own edification.

I wouldn't disclose that, the judge specifically instructed against doing so.

#27524 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

I wouldn't disclose that, the judge specifically instructed against doing so.

I won't share it as long as they follow up with posting it publicly like they said they would.

#27525 2 years ago

Can anyone understand what shes saying? Too many people unmuted making an echo

#27526 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had the same issue. Don't think she really said much beyond making the case for joint administration.. the "overview" she gave of the situation with deeproot and the SEC didn't really seem very substantive either.

#27527 2 years ago

can't the judge tell these clowns to mute?

#27528 2 years ago

This was the most disappointing thing since Coke 2.

#27529 2 years ago

what was the point of this hearing? didn't hear shit... literally

#27530 2 years ago

the host of the meeting can mute anyone... they can also set the meeting to do that by default... rookie operators..

#27531 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ugh, they really needed to use the mute all feature.

There was a motion to "jointly administer" aka consolidate all the bankruptcy cases for procedural purposes, which the judge granted.

There wasn't anything substantive in this hearing.

#27532 2 years ago

It's already over. They agreed to consolidate the different entities to streamline the bankruptcy. (my loose understanding). A bit over 10 minutes

One of the lawyers mentioned it would help with how confusing the case is with all the similar names

#27533 2 years ago

I thought it notable that the guy doing most of the speaking in the prior case "chose to stick around" for the deeproot hearing.. as if he took a professional interest in it?

Blanking on his title, something like US District Attorney or some other vaguely federal sounding role?

#27534 2 years ago

Also of note, one of the trustees mentioned they were resigning this afternoon and he introduced the new trustee. Probably no big deal. But there really wasn't much there today.

#27535 2 years ago

I was sort of hoping at least one investor that got screwed over would have joined and had an outburst "when is robert going to prison that son of a b*tch!"

#27536 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was sort of hoping at least one investor that got screwed over would have joined and had an outburst "when is robert going to prison that son of a b*tch!"

That is how you get future hearings shut down to the public.

#27537 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ugh, they really needed to use the mute all feature.
There was a motion to "jointly administer" aka consolidate all the bankruptcy cases for procedural purposes, which the judge granted.
There wasn't anything substantive in this hearing.

:/

Told y’all.

The motion for an expedited hearing laid everything out:

- link removed due to privacy concerns -

“The Debtors estimate that a hearing on the Motion will last approximately fifteen minutes, absent objection.”

The meeting of creditors will be more interesting - I think that’s in January.

#27538 2 years ago

What to expect from a creditor meeting:

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/what-expect-meeting-creditors-341-hearing.html

Creditors can ask questions at this meeting.

I’d like someone to ask where all the assets are hidden - ie: equipment, parts, etc. The notices sent to creditors were that there were no assets available to pay them back, but in the SEC filing RM claims that there are millions or tens of millions of assets in parts, etc. Either one is true or the other is true.

A creditor might be able to ask what happened to the Utah studio assets, etc.

#27539 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

:/
Told y’all.
The motion for an expedited hearing laid everything out:
- link removed due to privacy concerns -
“The Debtors estimate that a hearing on the Motion will last approximately fifteen minutes, absent objection.”
The meeting of creditors will be more interesting - I think that’s in January.

Please continue to tell layrooters as this proceeds, in advance if possible!

#27540 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also of note, one of the trustees mentioned they were resigning this afternoon and he introduced the new trustee. Probably no big deal. But there really wasn't much there today.

Sounded like he didn't see any value to splitting up 11 pretend companies 7 - 4 and that it'd be simpler to have them overseen by a single party.

It's funny, people ridiculed quad and octo manufacturing as fantastical nonsense pipe dreams.

Yet Robert proved that he truly could do what no one else could: agilely undec manufacture eleven bankruptcies at the same time, more in a single year than every other pinball company combined!

#27541 2 years ago

Sounded like he didn't see any value to splitting up 11 pretend companies 7 - 4 and that it'd be simpler to have them overseen by a single party.
It's funny, people ridiculed quad and octo manufacturing as fantastical nonsense pipe dreams.
Yet Robert proved that he truly could do what no one else could: agilely undec manufacture eleven bankruptcies at the same time, more in a single year than every other pinball company combined!

So lean. So agile.

And the dynamic cross-staffing is off the charts!!!

#27542 2 years ago

Octo-bankruptcy

What an amazing innovation!

#27543 2 years ago

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-trustee-fees.html

Sooo bankruptcy trustees are paid using a % of the assets liquidated. I didn’t have a chance to look at all of the cases, but it might be that different cases got different trustees assigned to them. It could be that one of them recognized that there’s no money to be had from this once everything is consolidated and noped out of there.

Please continue to tell layrooters as this proceeds, in advance if possible!

Oh man I am absolutely a layrooter. Don’t need anyone accusing me of giving legal advice without a license.

#27544 2 years ago

I’m glad I didn’t preorder a RAZA, I feel bad for those that did. Hopefully people can get some money back. This is never a good thing.

#27545 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m glad I didn’t preorder a RAZA, I feel bad for those that did. Hopefully people can get some money back. This is never a good thing.

Only people getting money from here on out are lawyers and trustees. Rest are screwed, including the little old ladies.

#27546 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Only people getting money from here on out are lawyers and trustees. Rest are screwed, including the little old ladies.

I think a few opted out and get money from Deeproot from RM.

#27547 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/what-expect-meeting-creditors-341-hearing.html
I’d like someone to ask where all the assets are hidden - ie: equipment, parts, etc. The notices sent to creditors were that there were no assets available to pay them back, but in the SEC filing RM claims that there are millions or tens of millions of assets in parts, etc. Either one is true or the other is true.

I found that interesting as well. I received a stack of Chapter 7 notices from the court today, several entities. No ability to repay claims thus no need to file a proof of claim which I don’t have anyhow.

Thought I’d pop in since I just got that stack in the mail

Good to see Blueberry is still on the case!

#27548 2 years ago

There can be only one (trustee).

01669895-e0cf-461e-9f0f-389fbc44e0a0.pdf01669895-e0cf-461e-9f0f-389fbc44e0a0.pdf
#27549 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

The utah studio assets...
The equipment in the pinball division...
The limited policies they did purchase...

And if it was all liquidated in some manner - were they legit transfers? The lookback period is quite extensive.. but you need a trustee who wants to do the legwork.

#27550 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Sooo bankruptcy trustees are paid using a % of the assets liquidated. I didn’t have a chance to look at all of the cases, but it might be that different cases got different trustees assigned to them. It could be that one of them recognized that there’s no money to be had from this once everything is consolidated and noped out of there.

trustee expenses are also paid from the assets before redistribution to creditors.. so it's in everyone's favor to consolidate and reduce overhead/expenses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 551 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/551 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.