Topic Stats

• 1,907 posts
  • 324 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mcbPalisade
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20181107-111543_Chrome (resized).jpg
deer (resized).png
Deadflip BTTF2 (resized).jpg
BED72155-B0FF-42A3-B723-0C14BCB86876 (resized).jpeg
wkrp (resized).jpg
C3308468-7A6D-43F2-AFFD-74A9CF0AC369 (resized).jpeg
3D02657D-922C-4A60-A104-1F04F55ADF3A (resized).jpeg
F7E7E4E3-F410-408F-95FD-2D1824272A13 (resized).jpeg
BE893090-0C88-4177-867D-E2C7A6D2E32B (resized).jpeg
46299E10-7041-4A7B-8FD4-C96D866C3AE9 (resized).jpeg
55-48095-peter-noone-singer-1522706731 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E60A5993-D016-48B0-ADF2-AB2610680FFC (resized).jpeg
090CAC4C-5D19-4CCA-BBC7-2BB15C8961BE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 9 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

Sounds good to me. It might be a great substitute for my vapor RAZA.

1 week later
#422 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What happens if someone signs the goodwill terms and they are unhappy with these mystery machines? Say they are like Zizzels or The Pin.

A couple of Deeproot Zizzles would be more tempting than my Zidware Zero.

1 week later
#566 9 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We are going through them one at a time. There were a lot of claims filed and some of them with volumes of proof. We appreciate your patience.
—Robert dT

Thank you. I have another one coming for you.

#577 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they make it work and prove it, that's great.

Amen. Waiting the response from my claims submission.... and 2 DR games.

#608 8 months ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

... and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over....

"Might be helping" would probably be more accurate. I have nothing so far including a response to my claim.

#610 8 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines.

I've dreamed of that moment for about 6 years.

#618 8 months ago

Well I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Deeproot today to tell me my Zidware claim was approved and I would be receiving paperwork soon in the mail. That's more positive communication than I have received in about 5 years.

#621 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you break down your deal? When were you originally in and for how much? Then how much do you owe, when and for what?

In on RAZA starting in 2/12. Paid up in full except the final payment.

#623 8 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I paid $4,750 into RAZA... do you think I should come aboard?

According to the Goodwill Terms, that would give you at least 1/2 your money back or for another $250, a Deeproot game.

#626 8 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have the adi and name you are suppose to send in receipts to? Also do they realize they do not have the IP secured for any of Johns games?

PM sent.

#629 8 months ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

If you already paid John 5k and have level of proof, you're good for 1 game.

#632 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t go back and get canceled checks from that far back

I'd hassle my bank for that. They gotta be somewhere in digital land.

#633 8 months ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

Here they are again for general reference.

https://zidware.deeproottech.com

1 week later
#686 8 months ago

You know, only thing I can add to all this...

Right now I have the same thing I did when I sent my initial deposit to Jpop in February of 2012. Nothing.
(but a fuggin' t-shirt that my man Buddy had to bring back to me)

Except now, ... I have an offer from someone 6 YEARS later, to give me a settlement and TWO pinball machines? SHIT YEAH!
I got nothing but time to see what happens.
Godspeed Deeproot.

#718 8 months ago
Quoted from c508:

Hey hey hey!
Who does J-Pants remind you of?

unknowncomic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#746 8 months ago

I think in the deeproot pinball logo, it is trying to represent a 'pinball' in the center.
It varies in other deeproot entities.
(only my opinion so it could certainly be wrong!)

Messages Image(2055979197) (resized).png
Messages Image(3077993264) (resized).png

1 week later
#751 7 months ago
Quoted from ObiJohnKenobi:

Does anyone else feel uneasy about this banner? Making weird time frame promises, like a weirdo company. Rather than an exciting announcement it comes of as desperate promises. Everyone hold onto your butts.

I already lost my butt. It can only improve from here.

#753 7 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Butt is lost...

I want my pin (resized).jpg

1 month later
#758 6 months ago

Hmmm.. crickets these days. Was there satisfaction after the TPF?

Did I miss the transition to a different thread?

Or maybe it's just going to be another few years...

#759 6 months ago

Well ask and be heard.

Today I received my "Goodwill Agreement".

I think I'll have a read! (:

#797 6 months ago

Stretching my limited brain but I can’t recall JPop ever making a Zidware pitch on Pinside.

#801 6 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It was early, even I was barely posting on pinside at that point. He made plenty of pitches on RGP and PROC forums.

But boy did he pitch it up to us on Wordpress. Artasia at it’s finest. At the time we didn’t appreciate that it was Zombie Yeti’s art.

1 week later
#867 6 months ago
Quoted from boo32:

When I talked to a representative from Deeproot about my Zidware claim, he told me that they are going to make various models that cost from $3,500 to $50,000.

I'll take 2 of the $50k models for my Zidware claim. Thank you very much.

1 month later
#962 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember.. this guy isn't just a business owner... he is first a sales man trying to get people to buy into his funds/ideas. He comes from the insurance world.. and manipulating for gain. This isn't "our company is the best!" swagger... this is "you don't want to miss out on this amazing opportunity..." projection.

I got nothing more to loose... my money was already squandered by Jpop. I've been asked for nothing more.
Please tell me why I shouldn't "root for Deeproot" to succeed? (feel free to use that if you like) (:

I got NOTHING but a t-shirt from Jpop. He stopped responding to me a long while back. Robert has reached out to me both by email and telephone. Answered any question I had and offered me "something" in the way of compensation for Jpop's failure.

I'm good waiting till TPF '19 and see what develops.

#986 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly. And all of these "what ifs" remind me of "if pigs had wings they could fly".

Sorta' like Korn's apology to Gene for completing Big Bang Bar... "When Pigs Fly?"

#1014 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait!, what? You got shirt? Some kind of favoritism going on here, I didn’t even get a shirt from JPOP.. you are one of the lucky ones

YES, thanks to Buddy for securing it from the hands of Jpop and bringing it back to me!

RAZA (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1074 3 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Unpredictable risk sounds attractive... but in pinball?

With every game you play... just sayin'

#1168 3 months ago
Quoted from michaelrobrien:

.. but I doubt a lot of pinsiders are waiting on pins and needles for the next JPop tidbit to come out.

Not pins and needles but yeah, I want to know.

#1185 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is a problem. Gene got it done. ( BBB ) JJP got it done. And people may have gotten complacent and thinking anyone could do it. Then we've seen some notable failures. So the pendulum has swung way the other way. People aren't so quick to believe.
Since they aren't asking for up front money. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens as things progress. A couple of recent hires have faith in what is going on. Another positive sign. So soon enough we shall see.
TPF isn't that far away. Doesn't cost us anything to watch what happens once the days of Deeproot starts. Wish them well and hope the best for pinball.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd. It was Gene's success and my lack of confidence that kept me out of BBB. I thought it would be easy to make it up counting on Jpop. I soon found out it wasn't the same level of competence or commitment. I chose poorly.

I like what I've seen and heard so far from DR. I wish them nothing but the best.

#1187 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But as stated on their website, they may be getting their money from investors just the same.

And??.. they are called “investors” for a reason. That’s n.o.t. customers.

Or do we now call them clients for sake of political correctness.

#1191 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I equate somebody investing money in a company the same as providing up front money which obviously they didn't get without asking for it in some way. Unless they are not using investors money and are using their own from another source instead.
But feel free to tell my if I am wrong. Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings one bit.

I suppose I was going from the position of being a 'customer' for Zidware, not investing in Jpop's company. I didn't anticipate returns, revenue, profit sharing, etc. My contract with John cited me as a "purchaser". I anticipated the product I purchased.

#1198 3 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Good thing Deeproot is redesigning/finishing up Magic Girl (One of their first in line)... Looks like I won't be buying that "Rare one that doesn't actually completely fully work" after all...

From TWIP it was exciting to see that both Magic Girl and RAZA were listed as being part of the initial launch.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-monster-bash-confirmed-pinburgh-interviews-with-robert-mueller-and-ben-heck-godzilla-toho-vs-warner-bros/

#1201 3 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is that really exciting? There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they won't remain a total pile of excrement.

Want to guess what I have right now from Zidware...? Give you 1 guess.
How much did you have invested with John?

1 week later
#1326 3 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Could you honestly discuss this somewhere else?

Danke.

#1379 3 months ago

Am I sensing a positive opinion shift for Deeproot on Pinside??

seinfeld1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1390 84 days ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Neither is mine! But no more tits, after Whoa Nellie I'm scared of tits.

Come back to us Dennis. (:
IMG_3486 (resized).jpeg
great (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1418 72 days ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Meh, this guy seems like another pied piper to me.

Troll Spray (resized).jpg

#1446 69 days ago

That sounds more like a market correction than a recession. I’ve not understood today’s prices for quite a while now.

4 weeks later
#1536 41 days ago
Quoted from c508:

Wow someone made a vid1900 action figure!

+ 10. Priceless.

#1540 40 days ago

From the article:
"I asked Robert how many Zidware customers had reached out to deeproot to file claims. He shared there weren’t as many as he would’ve liked, but he hoped more would be filing claims this month. (Note: The deadline to file claims is at the end of October – visit https://zidware.deeproottech.com to file a claim.)"

Spread the word. No Zidware customer should be left out.

#1543 38 days ago

I think a Heckle and Jeckle would just kick ass.

ED408E81-9764-402F-AF1F-BC37201B0182 (resized).jpeg

#1558 37 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

If your talking movie themed pins from the 80s, there can be only one.

Mad Max

#1594 36 days ago

This thread needs some Ritalin.

#1657 32 days ago

Quoted from Goonie:Well, to get this thread back on target...what would Ted be drinking in that picture...as he thinks about Deeproot?

Something strong enough to kill that bacteria from those raw oysters I’m thinking.

#1737 27 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone knows about the game Dennis Nordman was working on in his workshop a few years back, with a sci-fi theme, that poster speaks way more to that than RAZA to me. Won't be surprised to find out he sold it to Deep Root. Hope he gets paid better than he did from Woah Nellie out of all this!

Agree. I don’t see resemblance to RAZA in that poster.
Didn’t Dennis mention the opportunity to do his dream game?

#1822 25 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I saw nobody in line for Deadpool, Midevil Madness not Monster Bash, but all his Pins were non stop people waiting to play

Whhhaatttt?? ... btw, it's spelled Medieval Madness.

#1833 24 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm just over here wondering what panzie schemes are.

Panzie schemes are when they are perpetrated by Jpop.

1 week later
#1853 16 days ago

I'd like to see a game based on WKRP in Cincinnati. I think JPop could contribute well to that one.
Just think about "Turkey Drop multiball"!

wkrp (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 39.95
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 86.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Decals
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 2.50
Electronics
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside