Topic Stats

• 7,291 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 622 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2020-01-17 deeproot Pinball (resized).png
F0A86AC0-DEBA-45CA-865A-978F7DAEB508 (resized).jpeg
giphy-tumblr.gif
E23925EE-C466-4905-AE36-A89FDB1B6D04 (resized).png
MV5BZTczZGM0M2MtMWRjOC00NTMxLTg2ZDYtMjczOGNjNmMxZTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNjgzODE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
AD5ADBAF-42C1-49D5-99F3-4AD33FC738DE (resized).jpeg
550px-Django_VLC (resized).png
stock-photo-breakfast-eggs-omelette-omelette-bar-easter-buffet-56fbeb18-02da-43c3-8d0c-7cbc78fe6123 (resized).jpg
market-cafe-hyatt-hotel-manila-buffet-jotan23-grilled-steak-oysters-shrimps-and-lobsters (resized).jpg
3lo3i0 (resized).jpg
R-387487-1242562463.jpeg (resized).jpg
1BD2D06C-7E96-4C22-81BD-E3114E9C8F5C (resized).jpeg
20290252 (resized).jpg
IMG_4600 (resized).jpg
23BC6B2F-D91D-4A9B-A7EE-12925F805C26 (resized).jpeg
3lct7g (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (2 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by vireland (8 months ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (63 days ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (62 days ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (62 days ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (62 days ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (61 days ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (60 days ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (58 days ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (52 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

Sounds good to me. It might be a great substitute for my vapor RAZA.

1 week later
#422 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What happens if someone signs the goodwill terms and they are unhappy with these mystery machines? Say they are like Zizzels or The Pin.

A couple of Deeproot Zizzles would be more tempting than my Zidware Zero.

1 week later
#566 1 year ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We are going through them one at a time. There were a lot of claims filed and some of them with volumes of proof. We appreciate your patience.
—Robert dT

Thank you. I have another one coming for you.

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they make it work and prove it, that's great.

Amen. Waiting the response from my claims submission.... and 2 DR games.

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

... and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over....

"Might be helping" would probably be more accurate. I have nothing so far including a response to my claim.

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines.

I've dreamed of that moment for about 6 years.

#618 1 year ago

Well I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Deeproot today to tell me my Zidware claim was approved and I would be receiving paperwork soon in the mail. That's more positive communication than I have received in about 5 years.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you break down your deal? When were you originally in and for how much? Then how much do you owe, when and for what?

In on RAZA starting in 2/12. Paid up in full except the final payment.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I paid $4,750 into RAZA... do you think I should come aboard?

According to the Goodwill Terms, that would give you at least 1/2 your money back or for another $250, a Deeproot game.

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have the adi and name you are suppose to send in receipts to? Also do they realize they do not have the IP secured for any of Johns games?

PM sent.

#629 1 year ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

If you already paid John 5k and have level of proof, you're good for 1 game.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t go back and get canceled checks from that far back

I'd hassle my bank for that. They gotta be somewhere in digital land.

#633 1 year ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

Here they are again for general reference.

https://zidware.deeproottech.com

1 week later
#686 1 year ago

You know, only thing I can add to all this...

Right now I have the same thing I did when I sent my initial deposit to Jpop in February of 2012. Nothing.
(but a fuggin' t-shirt that my man Buddy had to bring back to me)

Except now, ... I have an offer from someone 6 YEARS later, to give me a settlement and TWO pinball machines? SHIT YEAH!
I got nothing but time to see what happens.
Godspeed Deeproot.

#718 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

Hey hey hey!
Who does J-Pants remind you of?

unknowncomic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#746 1 year ago

I think in the deeproot pinball logo, it is trying to represent a 'pinball' in the center.
It varies in other deeproot entities.
(only my opinion so it could certainly be wrong!)

Messages Image(2055979197) (resized).png
Messages Image(3077993264) (resized).png

1 week later
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from ObiJohnKenobi:

Does anyone else feel uneasy about this banner? Making weird time frame promises, like a weirdo company. Rather than an exciting announcement it comes of as desperate promises. Everyone hold onto your butts.

I already lost my butt. It can only improve from here.

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Butt is lost...

I want my pin (resized).jpg

1 month later
#758 1 year ago

Hmmm.. crickets these days. Was there satisfaction after the TPF?

Did I miss the transition to a different thread?

Or maybe it's just going to be another few years...

#759 1 year ago

Well ask and be heard.

Today I received my "Goodwill Agreement".

I think I'll have a read! (:

#797 1 year ago

Stretching my limited brain but I can’t recall JPop ever making a Zidware pitch on Pinside.

#801 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It was early, even I was barely posting on pinside at that point. He made plenty of pitches on RGP and PROC forums.

But boy did he pitch it up to us on Wordpress. Artasia at it’s finest. At the time we didn’t appreciate that it was Zombie Yeti’s art.

1 week later
#867 1 year ago
Quoted from boo32:

When I talked to a representative from Deeproot about my Zidware claim, he told me that they are going to make various models that cost from $3,500 to $50,000.

I'll take 2 of the $50k models for my Zidware claim. Thank you very much.

1 month later
#962 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember.. this guy isn't just a business owner... he is first a sales man trying to get people to buy into his funds/ideas. He comes from the insurance world.. and manipulating for gain. This isn't "our company is the best!" swagger... this is "you don't want to miss out on this amazing opportunity..." projection.

I got nothing more to loose... my money was already squandered by Jpop. I've been asked for nothing more.
Please tell me why I shouldn't "root for Deeproot" to succeed? (feel free to use that if you like) (:

I got NOTHING but a t-shirt from Jpop. He stopped responding to me a long while back. Robert has reached out to me both by email and telephone. Answered any question I had and offered me "something" in the way of compensation for Jpop's failure.

I'm good waiting till TPF '19 and see what develops.

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly. And all of these "what ifs" remind me of "if pigs had wings they could fly".

Sorta' like Korn's apology to Gene for completing Big Bang Bar... "When Pigs Fly?"

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait!, what? You got shirt? Some kind of favoritism going on here, I didn’t even get a shirt from JPOP.. you are one of the lucky ones

YES, thanks to Buddy for securing it from the hands of Jpop and bringing it back to me!

RAZA (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Unpredictable risk sounds attractive... but in pinball?

With every game you play... just sayin'

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

.. but I doubt a lot of pinsiders are waiting on pins and needles for the next JPop tidbit to come out.

Not pins and needles but yeah, I want to know.

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is a problem. Gene got it done. ( BBB ) JJP got it done. And people may have gotten complacent and thinking anyone could do it. Then we've seen some notable failures. So the pendulum has swung way the other way. People aren't so quick to believe.
Since they aren't asking for up front money. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens as things progress. A couple of recent hires have faith in what is going on. Another positive sign. So soon enough we shall see.
TPF isn't that far away. Doesn't cost us anything to watch what happens once the days of Deeproot starts. Wish them well and hope the best for pinball.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd. It was Gene's success and my lack of confidence that kept me out of BBB. I thought it would be easy to make it up counting on Jpop. I soon found out it wasn't the same level of competence or commitment. I chose poorly.

I like what I've seen and heard so far from DR. I wish them nothing but the best.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But as stated on their website, they may be getting their money from investors just the same.

And??.. they are called “investors” for a reason. That’s n.o.t. customers.

Or do we now call them clients for sake of political correctness.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I equate somebody investing money in a company the same as providing up front money which obviously they didn't get without asking for it in some way. Unless they are not using investors money and are using their own from another source instead.
But feel free to tell my if I am wrong. Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings one bit.

I suppose I was going from the position of being a 'customer' for Zidware, not investing in Jpop's company. I didn't anticipate returns, revenue, profit sharing, etc. My contract with John cited me as a "purchaser". I anticipated the product I purchased.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Good thing Deeproot is redesigning/finishing up Magic Girl (One of their first in line)... Looks like I won't be buying that "Rare one that doesn't actually completely fully work" after all...

From TWIP it was exciting to see that both Magic Girl and RAZA were listed as being part of the initial launch.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-monster-bash-confirmed-pinburgh-interviews-with-robert-mueller-and-ben-heck-godzilla-toho-vs-warner-bros/

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is that really exciting? There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they won't remain a total pile of excrement.

Want to guess what I have right now from Zidware...? Give you 1 guess.
How much did you have invested with John?

1 week later
#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Could you honestly discuss this somewhere else?

Danke.

#1379 1 year ago

Am I sensing a positive opinion shift for Deeproot on Pinside??

seinfeld1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Neither is mine! But no more tits, after Whoa Nellie I'm scared of tits.

Come back to us Dennis. (:
IMG_3486 (resized).jpeg
great (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Meh, this guy seems like another pied piper to me.

Troll Spray (resized).jpg

#1446 1 year ago

That sounds more like a market correction than a recession. I’ve not understood today’s prices for quite a while now.

4 weeks later
#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

Wow someone made a vid1900 action figure!

+ 10. Priceless.

#1540 1 year ago

From the article:
"I asked Robert how many Zidware customers had reached out to deeproot to file claims. He shared there weren’t as many as he would’ve liked, but he hoped more would be filing claims this month. (Note: The deadline to file claims is at the end of October – visit https://zidware.deeproottech.com to file a claim.)"

Spread the word. No Zidware customer should be left out.

#1543 1 year ago

I think a Heckle and Jeckle would just kick ass.

ED408E81-9764-402F-AF1F-BC37201B0182 (resized).jpeg

#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

If your talking movie themed pins from the 80s, there can be only one.

Mad Max

#1594 1 year ago

This thread needs some Ritalin.

#1657 1 year ago

Quoted from Goonie:Well, to get this thread back on target...what would Ted be drinking in that picture...as he thinks about Deeproot?

Something strong enough to kill that bacteria from those raw oysters I’m thinking.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone knows about the game Dennis Nordman was working on in his workshop a few years back, with a sci-fi theme, that poster speaks way more to that than RAZA to me. Won't be surprised to find out he sold it to Deep Root. Hope he gets paid better than he did from Woah Nellie out of all this!

Agree. I don’t see resemblance to RAZA in that poster.
Didn’t Dennis mention the opportunity to do his dream game?

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I saw nobody in line for Deadpool, Midevil Madness not Monster Bash, but all his Pins were non stop people waiting to play

Whhhaatttt?? ... btw, it's spelled Medieval Madness.

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm just over here wondering what panzie schemes are.

Panzie schemes are when they are perpetrated by Jpop.

1 week later
#1853 1 year ago

I'd like to see a game based on WKRP in Cincinnati. I think JPop could contribute well to that one.
Just think about "Turkey Drop multiball"!

wkrp (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. Pinball has always done its worst when it tries to be something else.

I don't need to be offered a virtual pin, pin FX, or anything else not pinball.
I invested in Zidware to have a cool, hopefully unique and collectable pinball machine.
I'm now willing to settle for a nice playable machine. Ok, thanks to Robert's goodwill terms a couple of machines.

And before I'm in assisted living... they may or may not want them in the dayroom.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are the first person I have seen who says they "invested" in ZW.

Giving money to somebody or company, including JPop, for a product/something never made and only a fantasy vision, is always an investment or if you prefer, gamble. I always knew I could end up with nothing but fantasized it would be a great pin. If you had sent in money and were on Wordpress following the story, you would likely have been manipulated too.
If you didn't send in money to Jpop... STFU.

#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong. A person invests in something to make money. You agreed to purchase a product from a company. What was the rate of return you were expecting on your investment?

Playing a cool Jpop Zombie pinball.
With a glue gun, zombie chicks and some ping pong balls..

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Still, a purchase. Were you promised those things?

Well hell... you want me to tell you about the go-go girls, robots, rollercoasters, x-ray goggles, flying saucers, 3D glasses and zombie bowling?
Magno-ball lifts, a cat, neonized ramps, my plasma gun, (don't know what the hell 3D parts and a tilt-a-girl is), a swinging target and BEN'S HEAD!

Hell yes I was promised those things.... WTF do you think we are complaining about.
I was promised the moon and I want it!

Ok... I made up the ping pong balls but I felt it an awful lot like Mr Moose playing Captain Kangaroo.

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well if you pre-paid for ZW game.. You agreed to purchase a product from a non-existent company...

No, backup a sentence.
ZIDWARE was the company.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think people are misusing 'investing'. They are crowdfunding. Completely different.

Put on that Jiffy pop!

#2138 1 year ago

Some people didn't believe there could be a flipper either but look what happened...

#2146 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I am still upset that I was ever even involved though would like to point out I was paid zero dollars and there was no contract for use of my likeness.

And it was a very good likeness Ben. Did you get to keep the glue gun?

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Regardless of how butthurt a few are here, the complaints have no relevance on me (or anybody else) for buying the next great pinball machine from Deeproot or anybody else for that matter.
All that matters is how good it plays, the value for the price, and if its fun to ME.
So with that, keep the tears rollin here. Ill be off to play some J-Pop favorites (and Pinside/IPDB Top 20 Pins) like TOTAN, TOM, Cirque Voltaire, World Cup Soccer, etc.
Merry Christmas!

glug, glug, glug...

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool, keep flipping! We all hope it works out, as DP has not asked for $$$ from buyers. DP brought this on themselves by hiring this criminal. Seriously, what value does he bring to DP. None. Which indicates they didnt do any due diligence before hiring this thief. Also, with this announcement that they will not be revealing 1 game, let alone 5 at one time means one thing.
Pinball is hard, but people don't listen.

Well I want to say it again. Deeproot had no obligation to give me anything... nada...
Robert called me personally to let me know I would be receiving 2 Deeproot titles for my monetary loss to Zidware.
So where the heck is the problem?
Has Deeproot asked money up front from anyone?

I'm willing to wait a little bit longer.... ain't costin' me nothin'.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Everybody wants you to get a pin or two. The bravado, the hiring and the walk back of bold statements by DP is the problem. Be cautious with a bit of hint of pessimism.

So I went from screwed out of $9500 to maybe getting a couple machines? I can actually be a bit optimistic.

3 weeks later
#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sure does seem that JPoop has some pull there, or at least the owners ear.

Well to me that’s a good thing, or else I wouldn’t be offered shit.

3 weeks later
#2297 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But deeproot hasn't taken anybody's money yet, so no harm, no foul.

Nope and I'm just sittin' here waiting for my 2 games...

#2307 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty psyched about this game.
SHould the full-size Flux Capacitor go in the backglass? Or a smaller one on the playfield?
I'm guessing Biff sits this one out and all the callout money goes to Chris Lloyd, which is fine with me. he rules.

We had one inside but it fizzled.

1 (resized).jpg

#2309 11 months ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

Anyone notice that there website is currently down?

If you're talking about JPop's Zidware Wordpress, yes, it's been down.
Deeproot? "Their" website is up and running just fine.

#2311 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

deeprootfunds? Yes, just fine.
http://deeprootpinball.com, nope!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dunno... haven't looked at that.
http://deeproottech.com/ and click on Zidware. The pinball team is still there.

1 month later
#2530 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why do people comment before reading the entire thread?

You are on Pinside. (:

#2533 10 months ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Ain’t nobody got time to sift through 2500 comments in this thread!

Try going through 24k+ in the JPop thread!

#2544 10 months ago

So you Texas Pinballers come across this?
Interesting is an understatement.

pasted_image (resized).png
#2546 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It was posted in another thread, but.. yeah. Big statement. Hopefully it’s not John P.’s own truck.. LOL

I'm wondering if the TN tag is taken...

#2552 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's CoinTakers truck.

Well that brings it all together.

3 weeks later
#2778 9 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jpop working on these games for infinity seems like some sort of hell project. Like doing time in purgatory.
Not sure what to make of that estimate, but we know it won't be anytime soon as they would never have skipped TPF.

I'll be f*ing dead before I get my RAZA machine. I'm going to get my attorney to put it in my will.... just in case it ever shows up.

#2780 9 months ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Maybe you can ask to be buried in a RAZA cab. Might be the only one to ever exist.
Firsties!

No, they exist alright... but where?

img_8881_2 (resized).jpg
121 (resized).jpg

#2781 9 months ago

This guy knows but he ain't tellin'.

finger (resized).jpg

#3029 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's just a slightly better than flash-looking animation. No pinball, no concept art, nothing.

Sorta' like the one that got many of us into this mess....

#3036 8 months ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I can help arrange that!
—Robert, dT

+10
Pics PLEASE.

#3143 8 months ago

Wow... flew through today's 35 posts pretty quickly... (:

#3160 8 months ago
Quoted from Brijam:

All DR has done so far is make some outrageous claims and blow past deadlines, and let's face it, both of those are pretty common in the entertainment industry.

No. Let me retort.

Robert called me on my cell to let me know I was going to receive two DR machines for the money I had sent to JPop for the RAZA that was never to be.

He didn’t have to make that offer. He sure as hell didn't have to take the time to call me and ask if I had any questions about the offer. I’m pretty damn glad he did. I’m wishing them well and feeling ok with what I’ve heard so far. It’s got more promise than JPops “art play time” that I endured.

Has ANYONE on Pinside sunk cash into Deeproot? No? So what’s the continued bitchin’ about?

#3212 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What are you 2 yrs old?
Robert isn’t going to appreciate that

I don't think there is a lot to loose in this case. Could be wrong. No disclosure.

#3223 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You aren’t in the lawsuit are you Fulltilt?
Hopefully you took the credit?

Nope.. waitin’ On the credit. (:

1 month later
#3672 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I have been waiting for my flight because of a delay in Dallas due to GPS satellite problems and I want to thank everybody on this thread for providing me entertainment to make the wait go a lot faster. Keep posting your thoughts!

You've been waiting on your flight for 5 days?? (:

1 week later
#3742 7 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

Uh... they make a good machine??

Geez..

1 week later
#3846 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I will NOT buy a game with that type of artwork, it reminds me of say TNA, or Lexi Lightspeed, no thank you! I want photo realism not campy cartoon artwork.

Oh goodie... World Poker Tour is for you.

#3849 6 months ago

Nice but what's the art for?

#3874 6 months ago

Back when we had hopes on a game....
I just never figured out how the ball was going to get to the top of the ramp.

#3880 6 months ago
Quoted from c508:

Not just that, but if Pinside had a “dismissive jerking off motion” emoji, I’d be using that in place of the eye-roll.

#3888 6 months ago

Goodwill amendment received today from Robert (Deeproot).
He is certainly keeping up with his deadlines and offers to Zidware buyers.
Choose wait for games or take the cash.

I'll choose to wait and take the pins thank you! Good luck Deeproot!

#3894 6 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I still think it's a horrible name for a pinball company.

They could call it Fart Blossom and I wouldn't care...

#3912 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Unless your promised to get a game at a discount get your money back. Otherwise there is literally no point to take that gamble. My .02

It’s was 2 free games actually... add a little

bam (resized).jpg

#3913 6 months ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I’m out and taking the cash...good luck!

Lemme' see.. what did I get from Jpop?... a big dig up the pinball launch lane...
Why would I not wait for the offer of 2 free games vs a little "cash" reimbursement...?

Seems to me like any real pinball fan would want 2 pins vs a little cash back in the pocket to blow on some other mediocre current offering.

#3915 6 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

LOL... thanks Ben! Have faith.. I know it's hard after that run. I have to say I hope you are wrong.
I've been out $9500 since 2013-14. Never expected to see anything back after the legal fiasco ran it's course.
I really think that I now have something to look forward to again. Resolved to the fact I don't care which way it turns out.
I'd rather have 2 DR pins than 0 Jpop pins. That's what I have at this point.

#4026 6 months ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess I’m not a REAL pinball fan then...LOL! I’m just done with the whole situation. Good luck to you and all the other real pinball fans. Hope it all works out in the end and you get your two shiny new pinball machines.

Ok, maybe fan was wrong. Supporter of new pinball manufacturers.
At this point the money I lost to Jpop really doesn't matter. I'll never get that back from him.
I'd love to see DR succeed and put out "shiny new pinball machines" for all those pinball fans.
After all the hyperbole, if there are not machines produced the DR team is going to look more like a ship of fools. I hope that is not the case and I would hope other folks would not as well.

#4027 6 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

If I remember, I don't believe that has been an option until just now after the end of June deadline.

#4041 6 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

....I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability.....

I'm waiting for LTG to respond.... (:

#4053 6 months ago
Quoted from adol75:

The minute I laid my hands on my NIB WOZ, it felt like I was touching my old STTNG, heavy, solid with bats that don’t shake the whole cabinet when they flip and the sturdy sound that was distinct of the 90s Superpins.
I think JJP should be the standard of build quality, it’s surely unmatched in modern production.

I agree with the build quality with JJP. Very solid machine.
My first JJP experience was with the initial WOZ release. The company handled the tragic lamp board problem miraculously IMO.
I had little to no other problems. They have proceeded to make beautiful solid machines.

Now back to what the DeepRoot machines will be. This is a Deeproot thread.
I just mailed back my "modified" agreement for 2 DeepRoot machines. Quality is a concern for me... thank you very much.

#4056 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you know what games you'll get ?
I hope they are amazing and please you.
LTG : )

Me too Lloyd.
I don't know how there is any negative. I was offered my money back from Zidware deposits or gamble on another potential game manufacturer.
It's my choice. Heck, I'm the gambling type it seems.
I don't think we will know until the titles are released by DR or someone leaks out reliable information.

#4062 6 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP charged everyone $799 and told them to complete a very complicated upgrade operation on their brand new machines. The only thing "miraculous" was that it didn't result in a class action lawsuit.

When I was having the board problems, I received 2-3 replacements and then never had issues before the machine was finally sold. The customer service I received was always prompt and direct.
I agree that having to purchase a $799 "fix" would not be considered miraculous.

#4102 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ice is a Lawyer?!?
Additionally lawyers advise you to spend money for their service. So take everything to court that you can!!!

I’m a psychiatrist which makes this thread particularly interesting.

#4125 6 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Five of them are coming out at the Texas Pinball Festival 2018. It’s going to be the 5 days of deeproot, so stay tuned.

I hope by March, '20 we have some specifics of what's coming and hopefully have them shipping by then!! The modified agreement expires in July, '20.

#4146 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This thread has to die... XD

Or stay on track with real DR updates.... but what fun would that be?

#4149 6 months ago

I can’t imagine backing out now unless it’s a cash needed situation.

#4160 6 months ago
Quoted from Honch:

I haven't seen anything that would make me confident in ever receiving a pin.

I initially had Jpop ONLY. Why in the hell did I think that would work out is another story.
When I now look at the Deep Root team that has been assembled, I think that if this is a total disaster there will be a lot of mud on the faces.

#4185 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good evening. Next person who continues the political discussion in any way will be ejected from the thread. Stop snipping at each other, both sides...thank you.

Does that mean we have to get back to talking about Deep Root? Awe right!

#4187 6 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think Deeproot should be ejected. I mean, if they weren’t so late with their games, we wouldn’t bring up so many off topic subjects.

Couple of others bet them on the ejection list.
You can tell. Iiii

#4207 6 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

If a game is not popular out of the gate, sometimes you can hit a home run later with a rules update that brings a player back to a game they previously were not fond of.

For pin players that can be true. I think for the majority of other "teenage Jimmy" players who put $1.00 in a machine and the game play sucks, they generally won't be coming back to it.

1 week later
#4251 5 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If swappable games are what you want, let me introduce you to @multimorphic
Producing games right now with playfield modules that can be swapped in a minute or two.

No thanks.
If that's the case, just go the "home game" route like Vacation America. That went over big too.

#4253 5 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Dang, some of you really hold on to strong negative opinions based on implementations designed nearly 2 decades ago!

I apologize Gerry. I really shouldn't have an opinion as I've never played your machines. They look really cool and I'm sure are a blast to play. The quality looks spot on and the idea is great. It just is not pinball as I grew up with and want today. The Multimorphic machines are pretty sweet and the idea is excellent. Keep up the great work.

#4285 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

About the time the economy goes in the tank again lol

What's that got to do with buying pins?

#4352 5 months ago

I thought about taking the cash, but what I signed up for was a pinball machine. That's what I'm wanting to receive.

#4359 5 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why not use the money from the refund to buy a machine that you can get your hands on now?
People who see the refunds as validating deep roots ability to make games, well, I disagree. Refunds simply are a transfer. A transfer to Jpop’s investors (zidware game buyers) from deeproots wealth management investors. Just another dollar owed from a big pile of dollars owed.
I’m sure people will be bitching in a wealth management forum years from now about DP was pinball doodling instead of getting 6% or better in a stock market index fund.

#4366 5 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’m glad they did. Help or not, I love Jpops games.

Everything seems to want to revolve around Jpop.
There are other people on the team, unless I missed the exit announcements.

#4369 5 months ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Much more interested in what Nordman comes up with.
Better designer

Exactly.

#4378 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the people deeproot brought in besides jpop... were not tied into the zidware mess... so they aren't really relevant to the discussion,

Last I looked this was a DeepRoot discussion thread. Not a Zidware solvency/resolution thread.

#4383 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doesnt Jpop work for DR? Didn't DR make a deal with former zidware customers? Seems like a good place to discuss.

Totally agree. But to suggest the other members are irrelevant to the discussion is missing the forest for the trees.

#4388 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well.. you can.. and look stupid.

Ok, thanks. I’ve been called worse.
I don’t cherry pic. I’ve been in it from day 1.

#4432 5 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

It's not so hard to sent a PM to Robert or an email. Get a direct answer.

#4437 5 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Who's Robert? I'm not reading anything on this stuff. Please appreciate

Skim this thread and PM to DeepRoot. That’ll go to Robert and likely get you an answer to to your question.

#4443 5 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

Just another way for you to contact Deeproot and get a direct and correct answer to your question.
http://deeproottech.com/
Scroll down to the contact information at the bottom.
The initial claims process was in Jan-Feb of '18 so the window is indeed closed. That doesn't mean you can't explain your case and rationale for making a claim now.

#4445 5 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

http://deeprootpinball.com/

I'm sorry but the June 28th deadline says you will get the buzzer for any current claim.

#4447 5 months ago

“Several RAZA prototypes to play at the Houston Expo” in November.

5781336C-B60E-4CAD-A104-B3ADF6E8E037 (resized).jpeg

#4450 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What’s new?

Nothing I know of. “Several” prototypes in 2 months and no leads as to what?

Pinball is held tighter than news leaks from the White House.

1 week later
#4530 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

People, DR is not making physical pinball, at least to start! Making 2d apps to satisfy jpoop buyers, at 9.99 apiece.

I don't know what the F* you're talking about. For those of us actually involved and watching Jpop twittle our money away on his Wordpress updates, nothing is going to satisfy until there is a machine to play.

There are plenty of RAZA cabinets waiting to be filled.

121 (resized).jpg

#4533 5 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I pretty certain that cabs have long been dumped...

Good, they have bad karma all over them.

#4535 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks for proving my point. When will DR be producing a physical game again, now that they don't even have cabs now? If you don't think DR is above delivering a game, which satisfies the obligation as an app, well I'd send in even more pre-order money... Can you scan and post your entire contract, does it ever say pinball machine as we know it? Serious question.

I didn't give them any "pre-order" money... And have no plans to. Only pin machine shipping cost.

#4542 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

does it ever say pinball machine as we know it? Serious question.

Yes, it specifies "pinball game machines". I don't think there is much else that it is referring to other than machines "as we know it".
But what the hell... I've been wrong before. (that's why I'm here isn't it) Fly boy even thinks I'm stupid.

#4546 5 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Sorry you meant "MOMMY PLZ FEED ME NOW I'M TO DUMB AND LAZY TO USE THE SPOON!!!

OH I could not resist using the metaphor.... it doesn't come up often. For any others who may flash back to RGP...

There IS no spoon.

#4569 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I just bought a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat.

Errr.. Toyota.

#4579 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah. If it is somebody's "dream theme", they will buy it sight unseen with joy and piles of cash. And then save the bitching for later on pinside. Probably still won't stop them from buying another.

Yeah, that's what I did with Zidware.

My "dream theme" will be to get my RAZA and a second machine DR is giving me for the money I lost with Jpop.
Not a bad offer from a company that has already send cash to "former" Zidware customers.
They are promising a show of RAZA machines at the Houston show in November. Patience grasshopper....
There should be about 2000 more irrelevant posts in the thread by then.

#4598 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Another casualty of Pinside?

Oh boy. There ought to be a lot of meaningful update discussion on here now....

#4615 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

People on here trashed it so badly that they changed it. Listening to pinside is a sign of weakness. Grow a set, Deeproot!

Somehow I don't think Robert gives a tinkers what Pinside thinks of their logo.

#4630 4 months ago
Quoted from jorro:

What did you say? Raza has a robot

We're supposed to have glue guns too...

What classic quotes, starting at about 14:15... skipping all the other filler.

#4727 4 months ago

Why do I keep clicking this thread....

#4729 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cause you want to!!!

It's like rubber-necking to look at that interstate pileup...

#4741 4 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The thing is, its not a pile up yet. They still havent asked for pre-orders and have paid some people back for jpoops misdeeds, so Im still keeping an open, and hopeful mind!

I could have taken the cash but instead I opted for 2 Deeproot machines for my lost funds with Jpop. I'm told I get to "choose" 2 plus shipping cost.

Without saying I'm a fan for what they are going to offer.

#4771 4 months ago

Neither of my Twilight Zones ever had any dimples nor did my Scared Stiff.... but ain't got crap to do with Deeproot.

#4777 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at these tz photos... see all the black dots and changes in gloss when you zoom in? Those are low points in the sanding...aka divots

I'd call up Bally and get my money back.

#4799 4 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Neither of my Twilight Zones ever had any dimples....

Or maybe it was after Neo worked on it? I can't remember... (:

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg

#4843 4 months ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

0% chance. If Deeproot appears at the show at all, which is unlikely, they'll bring a box of lights and art that only superficially resembles a pinball machine.

#4880 4 months ago

Damn.. I gotta’ unfollow this thread...

#4899 4 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My hope is that Deeproot has 4 games ready on reveal and does a special discount offer for Operators and Home use buyers if they buy all 4 games!! Do it boys!! You will raise millions over night!

Is this ACTUALLY a positive comment towards Deeproot?!

Robert's offering the "cash out" to Zidware buyers was that they could take the cash or accept to delay the delivery date 1 year... with the comment that "launch will be prior with multiple titles". I doubt I will have the opportunity to tour the facility as he offers to those that choose to wait, but I'm going to hold out for the additional time with expectation that the "multiple titles" holds true. If not.. I will take another "cash out" offer if it is presented.

1 week later
#4957 3 months ago

The Popadiuk thread topped 486 pgs. This one's got a ways to go...
And Popadiuk didn't make a comment in that thread.

#5025 3 months ago

ohboy (resized).png

#5044 3 months ago
Quoted from russdx:

vid could damage it just by looking at it

vid (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5059 3 months ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Seven days and still NOTHING? Something must be happening. I can't take many more months of nothing, so if you hear something please post it. (or not=nothing).

Has anyone requested to have a tour of the facility?
Surely there is a customer within reasonable distance.

2 weeks later
#5071 89 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?

Because Houston is the promise?

#5073 89 days ago

#5135 83 days ago

All the new posts... I was fooled again into thinking something had happened...

#5201 77 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's what I love about this Deeproot thread, since there are no pinballs there, it leaves the door open to a lot of cool topics !

#5211 76 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

No

#5229 75 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's get back to business.

perv.gif

#5260 73 days ago

Oh Lord... this is going South quick.

#5262 73 days ago

I’m ready and more than patiently waiting.

#5308 67 days ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Given the talent they have amassed, there’s no way this is Zizzle 2.0. I’m patiently, and eagerly, awaiting to see what they have - even if this is just a prototype.

I'd would love to see a hint of the next available games too.
The Deeproot agreement sends me two games for my loss with Zidware. Only potential positives there.

#5370 65 days ago

oh boy.gif

#5441 64 days ago
hammertime.gif
#5602 64 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Look at my avatar. That's what I am enthused about today. If the general pinball community doesn't get it, not my worry. We got tickets for 9:30.

Go Ford (resized).png

#5610 64 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

We need a wake up in this thread.

I think you need a drink.

bluto.gif

#5817 63 days ago

I absolutely LOVE this discussion. Debating targets, ramps, drop zones, display, colors, lighting...
Last week it was "vaporware"

THIS IS GREAT! I actually believe I'm going to get a RAZA machine after 7+ years...

Carry on Pinside.

#5818 63 days ago

OMG is that Jpop?!

jpop (resized).jpg

#5832 63 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

After watching that video, Stern, JJP, CGC and Spooky have nothing to fear, unless it is priced really well.

LOL... keep trying. Take that drink and toss out another one

#5882 62 days ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks great? Seriously? People seem to be in the denial phase still.
Be honest. This looks bad. Really bad.

Then you probably don't want to buy one.

#5925 62 days ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

The spinning Oozie shot really killed any flow of the game for me. The ball seemed to spend more time being deflected off of it and trickle back to flippers. We hit it a few times to spin it, but the shot itself wasn’t satisfying and seemed to be more of a flow killer.

Thank you for the excellent play review. I agree with the Oozie. There should be a petition to get rid of that thing. It's just looks in the way of ball flow and pretty much useless.

#5949 62 days ago