• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

334 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fulltilt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#273 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

Sounds good to me. It might be a great substitute for my vapor RAZA.

1 week later
#422 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What happens if someone signs the goodwill terms and they are unhappy with these mystery machines? Say they are like Zizzels or The Pin.

A couple of Deeproot Zizzles would be more tempting than my Zidware Zero.

1 week later
#566 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We are going through them one at a time. There were a lot of claims filed and some of them with volumes of proof. We appreciate your patience.
—Robert dT

Thank you. I have another one coming for you.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If they make it work and prove it, that's great.

Amen. Waiting the response from my claims submission.... and 2 DR games.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

... and I find it baffling that people are shitting on them when they helped out a bunch of people who got screwed over....

"Might be helping" would probably be more accurate. I have nothing so far including a response to my claim.

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

When machines are ready, make this huge splash by announcing to all Zidware customers that they can come and pick up their machines.

I've dreamed of that moment for about 6 years.

#618 6 years ago

Well I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Deeproot today to tell me my Zidware claim was approved and I would be receiving paperwork soon in the mail. That's more positive communication than I have received in about 5 years.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you break down your deal? When were you originally in and for how much? Then how much do you owe, when and for what?

In on RAZA starting in 2/12. Paid up in full except the final payment.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I paid $4,750 into RAZA... do you think I should come aboard?

According to the Goodwill Terms, that would give you at least 1/2 your money back or for another $250, a Deeproot game.

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does anyone have the adi and name you are suppose to send in receipts to? Also do they realize they do not have the IP secured for any of Johns games?

PM sent.

#629 6 years ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

If you already paid John 5k and have level of proof, you're good for 1 game.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t go back and get canceled checks from that far back

I'd hassle my bank for that. They gotta be somewhere in digital land.

#633 6 years ago

I don't know specifics of this company's offer so let me state it like this and you correct it. So you paid in $5k with $5k still owed? And with new deal you will end up paying $5k balance for one game when it's ready?

Here they are again for general reference.

https://zidware.deeproottech.com

1 week later
#686 6 years ago

You know, only thing I can add to all this...

Right now I have the same thing I did when I sent my initial deposit to Jpop in February of 2012. Nothing.
(but a fuggin' t-shirt that my man Buddy had to bring back to me)

Except now, ... I have an offer from someone 6 YEARS later, to give me a settlement and TWO pinball machines? SHIT YEAH!
I got nothing but time to see what happens.
Godspeed Deeproot.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hey hey hey!
Who does J-Pants remind you of?

unknowncomic (resized).jpgunknowncomic (resized).jpg

1 week later
#746 6 years ago

I think in the deeproot pinball logo, it is trying to represent a 'pinball' in the center.
It varies in other deeproot entities.
(only my opinion so it could certainly be wrong!)

Messages Image(2055979197) (resized).pngMessages Image(2055979197) (resized).png
Messages Image(3077993264) (resized).pngMessages Image(3077993264) (resized).png

1 week later
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from ObiJohnKenobi:

Does anyone else feel uneasy about this banner? Making weird time frame promises, like a weirdo company. Rather than an exciting announcement it comes of as desperate promises. Everyone hold onto your butts.

I already lost my butt. It can only improve from here.

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Butt is lost...

I want my pin (resized).jpgI want my pin (resized).jpg

1 month later
#758 5 years ago

Hmmm.. crickets these days. Was there satisfaction after the TPF?

Did I miss the transition to a different thread?

Or maybe it's just going to be another few years...

#759 5 years ago

Well ask and be heard.

Today I received my "Goodwill Agreement".

I think I'll have a read! (:

#797 5 years ago

Stretching my limited brain but I can’t recall JPop ever making a Zidware pitch on Pinside.

#801 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It was early, even I was barely posting on pinside at that point. He made plenty of pitches on RGP and PROC forums.

But boy did he pitch it up to us on Wordpress. Artasia at it’s finest. At the time we didn’t appreciate that it was Zombie Yeti’s art.

1 week later
#867 5 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

When I talked to a representative from Deeproot about my Zidware claim, he told me that they are going to make various models that cost from $3,500 to $50,000.

I'll take 2 of the $50k models for my Zidware claim. Thank you very much.

1 month later
#962 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember.. this guy isn't just a business owner... he is first a sales man trying to get people to buy into his funds/ideas. He comes from the insurance world.. and manipulating for gain. This isn't "our company is the best!" swagger... this is "you don't want to miss out on this amazing opportunity..." projection.

I got nothing more to loose... my money was already squandered by Jpop. I've been asked for nothing more.
Please tell me why I shouldn't "root for Deeproot" to succeed? (feel free to use that if you like) (:

I got NOTHING but a t-shirt from Jpop. He stopped responding to me a long while back. Robert has reached out to me both by email and telephone. Answered any question I had and offered me "something" in the way of compensation for Jpop's failure.

I'm good waiting till TPF '19 and see what develops.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly. And all of these "what ifs" remind me of "if pigs had wings they could fly".

Sorta' like Korn's apology to Gene for completing Big Bang Bar... "When Pigs Fly?"

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait!, what? You got shirt? Some kind of favoritism going on here, I didn’t even get a shirt from JPOP.. you are one of the lucky ones

YES, thanks to Buddy for securing it from the hands of Jpop and bringing it back to me!

RAZA (resized).jpgRAZA (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Unpredictable risk sounds attractive... but in pinball?

With every game you play... just sayin'

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

.. but I doubt a lot of pinsiders are waiting on pins and needles for the next JPop tidbit to come out.

Not pins and needles but yeah, I want to know.

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is a problem. Gene got it done. ( BBB ) JJP got it done. And people may have gotten complacent and thinking anyone could do it. Then we've seen some notable failures. So the pendulum has swung way the other way. People aren't so quick to believe.
Since they aren't asking for up front money. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens as things progress. A couple of recent hires have faith in what is going on. Another positive sign. So soon enough we shall see.
TPF isn't that far away. Doesn't cost us anything to watch what happens once the days of Deeproot starts. Wish them well and hope the best for pinball.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd. It was Gene's success and my lack of confidence that kept me out of BBB. I thought it would be easy to make it up counting on Jpop. I soon found out it wasn't the same level of competence or commitment. I chose poorly.

I like what I've seen and heard so far from DR. I wish them nothing but the best.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But as stated on their website, they may be getting their money from investors just the same.

And??.. they are called “investors” for a reason. That’s n.o.t. customers.

Or do we now call them clients for sake of political correctness.

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I equate somebody investing money in a company the same as providing up front money which obviously they didn't get without asking for it in some way. Unless they are not using investors money and are using their own from another source instead.
But feel free to tell my if I am wrong. Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings one bit.

I suppose I was going from the position of being a 'customer' for Zidware, not investing in Jpop's company. I didn't anticipate returns, revenue, profit sharing, etc. My contract with John cited me as a "purchaser". I anticipated the product I purchased.

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Good thing Deeproot is redesigning/finishing up Magic Girl (One of their first in line)... Looks like I won't be buying that "Rare one that doesn't actually completely fully work" after all...

From TWIP it was exciting to see that both Magic Girl and RAZA were listed as being part of the initial launch.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-monster-bash-confirmed-pinburgh-interviews-with-robert-mueller-and-ben-heck-godzilla-toho-vs-warner-bros/

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is that really exciting? There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they won't remain a total pile of excrement.

Want to guess what I have right now from Zidware...? Give you 1 guess.
How much did you have invested with John?

1 week later
#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Could you honestly discuss this somewhere else?

Danke.

#1379 5 years ago

Am I sensing a positive opinion shift for Deeproot on Pinside??

seinfeld1 (resized).jpgseinfeld1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Neither is mine! But no more tits, after Whoa Nellie I'm scared of tits.

Come back to us Dennis. (:
IMG_3486 (resized).jpegIMG_3486 (resized).jpeg
great (resized).jpggreat (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Meh, this guy seems like another pied piper to me.

Troll Spray (resized).jpgTroll Spray (resized).jpg

#1446 5 years ago

That sounds more like a market correction than a recession. I’ve not understood today’s prices for quite a while now.

4 weeks later
#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Wow someone made a vid1900 action figure!

+ 10. Priceless.

#1540 5 years ago

From the article:
"I asked Robert how many Zidware customers had reached out to deeproot to file claims. He shared there weren’t as many as he would’ve liked, but he hoped more would be filing claims this month. (Note: The deadline to file claims is at the end of October – visit https://zidware.deeproottech.com to file a claim.)"

Spread the word. No Zidware customer should be left out.

#1543 5 years ago

I think a Heckle and Jeckle would just kick ass.

ED408E81-9764-402F-AF1F-BC37201B0182 (resized).jpegED408E81-9764-402F-AF1F-BC37201B0182 (resized).jpeg

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

If your talking movie themed pins from the 80s, there can be only one.

Mad Max

#1594 5 years ago

This thread needs some Ritalin.

#1657 5 years ago

Quoted from Goonie:Well, to get this thread back on target...what would Ted be drinking in that picture...as he thinks about Deeproot?

Something strong enough to kill that bacteria from those raw oysters I’m thinking.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone knows about the game Dennis Nordman was working on in his workshop a few years back, with a sci-fi theme, that poster speaks way more to that than RAZA to me. Won't be surprised to find out he sold it to Deep Root. Hope he gets paid better than he did from Woah Nellie out of all this!

Agree. I don’t see resemblance to RAZA in that poster.
Didn’t Dennis mention the opportunity to do his dream game?

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I saw nobody in line for Deadpool, Midevil Madness not Monster Bash, but all his Pins were non stop people waiting to play

Whhhaatttt?? ... btw, it's spelled Medieval Madness.

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm just over here wondering what panzie schemes are.

Panzie schemes are when they are perpetrated by Jpop.

1 week later
#1853 5 years ago

I'd like to see a game based on WKRP in Cincinnati. I think JPop could contribute well to that one.
Just think about "Turkey Drop multiball"!

wkrp (resized).jpgwkrp (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. Pinball has always done its worst when it tries to be something else.

I don't need to be offered a virtual pin, pin FX, or anything else not pinball.
I invested in Zidware to have a cool, hopefully unique and collectable pinball machine.
I'm now willing to settle for a nice playable machine. Ok, thanks to Robert's goodwill terms a couple of machines.

And before I'm in assisted living... they may or may not want them in the dayroom.

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You are the first person I have seen who says they "invested" in ZW.

Giving money to somebody or company, including JPop, for a product/something never made and only a fantasy vision, is always an investment or if you prefer, gamble. I always knew I could end up with nothing but fantasized it would be a great pin. If you had sent in money and were on Wordpress following the story, you would likely have been manipulated too.
If you didn't send in money to Jpop... STFU.

#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wrong. A person invests in something to make money. You agreed to purchase a product from a company. What was the rate of return you were expecting on your investment?

Playing a cool Jpop Zombie pinball.
With a glue gun, zombie chicks and some ping pong balls..

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Still, a purchase. Were you promised those things?

Well hell... you want me to tell you about the go-go girls, robots, rollercoasters, x-ray goggles, flying saucers, 3D glasses and zombie bowling?
Magno-ball lifts, a cat, neonized ramps, my plasma gun, (don't know what the hell 3D parts and a tilt-a-girl is), a swinging target and BEN'S HEAD!

Hell yes I was promised those things.... WTF do you think we are complaining about.
I was promised the moon and I want it!

Ok... I made up the ping pong balls but I felt it an awful lot like Mr Moose playing Captain Kangaroo.

#2106 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well if you pre-paid for ZW game.. You agreed to purchase a product from a non-existent company...

No, backup a sentence.
ZIDWARE was the company.

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think people are misusing 'investing'. They are crowdfunding. Completely different.

Put on that Jiffy pop!

#2138 5 years ago

Some people didn't believe there could be a flipper either but look what happened...

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I am still upset that I was ever even involved though would like to point out I was paid zero dollars and there was no contract for use of my likeness.

And it was a very good likeness Ben. Did you get to keep the glue gun?

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Regardless of how butthurt a few are here, the complaints have no relevance on me (or anybody else) for buying the next great pinball machine from Deeproot or anybody else for that matter.
All that matters is how good it plays, the value for the price, and if its fun to ME.
So with that, keep the tears rollin here. Ill be off to play some J-Pop favorites (and Pinside/IPDB Top 20 Pins) like TOTAN, TOM, Cirque Voltaire, World Cup Soccer, etc.
Merry Christmas!

glug, glug, glug...

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool, keep flipping! We all hope it works out, as DP has not asked for $$$ from buyers. DP brought this on themselves by hiring this criminal. Seriously, what value does he bring to DP. None. Which indicates they didnt do any due diligence before hiring this thief. Also, with this announcement that they will not be revealing 1 game, let alone 5 at one time means one thing.
Pinball is hard, but people don't listen.

Well I want to say it again. Deeproot had no obligation to give me anything... nada...
Robert called me personally to let me know I would be receiving 2 Deeproot titles for my monetary loss to Zidware.
So where the heck is the problem?
Has Deeproot asked money up front from anyone?

I'm willing to wait a little bit longer.... ain't costin' me nothin'.

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Everybody wants you to get a pin or two. The bravado, the hiring and the walk back of bold statements by DP is the problem. Be cautious with a bit of hint of pessimism.

So I went from screwed out of $9500 to maybe getting a couple machines? I can actually be a bit optimistic.

3 weeks later
#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sure does seem that JPoop has some pull there, or at least the owners ear.

Well to me that’s a good thing, or else I wouldn’t be offered shit.

3 weeks later
#2297 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But deeproot hasn't taken anybody's money yet, so no harm, no foul.

Nope and I'm just sittin' here waiting for my 2 games...

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty psyched about this game.
SHould the full-size Flux Capacitor go in the backglass? Or a smaller one on the playfield?
I'm guessing Biff sits this one out and all the callout money goes to Chris Lloyd, which is fine with me. he rules.

We had one inside but it fizzled.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from GunsNPinball:

Anyone notice that there website is currently down?

If you're talking about JPop's Zidware Wordpress, yes, it's been down.
Deeproot? "Their" website is up and running just fine.

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

deeprootfunds? Yes, just fine.
http://deeprootpinball.com, nope!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dunno... haven't looked at that.
http://deeproottech.com/ and click on Zidware. The pinball team is still there.

1 month later
#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why do people comment before reading the entire thread?

You are on Pinside. (:

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Ain’t nobody got time to sift through 2500 comments in this thread!

Try going through 24k+ in the JPop thread!

#2544 5 years ago

So you Texas Pinballers come across this?
Interesting is an understatement.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It was posted in another thread, but.. yeah. Big statement. Hopefully it’s not John P.’s own truck.. LOL

I'm wondering if the TN tag is taken...

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's CoinTakers truck.

Well that brings it all together.

3 weeks later
#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jpop working on these games for infinity seems like some sort of hell project. Like doing time in purgatory.
Not sure what to make of that estimate, but we know it won't be anytime soon as they would never have skipped TPF.

I'll be f*ing dead before I get my RAZA machine. I'm going to get my attorney to put it in my will.... just in case it ever shows up.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Maybe you can ask to be buried in a RAZA cab. Might be the only one to ever exist.
Firsties!

No, they exist alright... but where?

img_8881_2 (resized).jpgimg_8881_2 (resized).jpg
121 (resized).jpg121 (resized).jpg

#2781 4 years ago

This guy knows but he ain't tellin'.

finger (resized).jpgfinger (resized).jpg

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a slightly better than flash-looking animation. No pinball, no concept art, nothing.

Sorta' like the one that got many of us into this mess....

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I can help arrange that!
—Robert, dT

+10
Pics PLEASE.

#3143 4 years ago

Wow... flew through today's 35 posts pretty quickly... (:

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

All DR has done so far is make some outrageous claims and blow past deadlines, and let's face it, both of those are pretty common in the entertainment industry.

No. Let me retort.

Robert called me on my cell to let me know I was going to receive two DR machines for the money I had sent to JPop for the RAZA that was never to be.

He didn’t have to make that offer. He sure as hell didn't have to take the time to call me and ask if I had any questions about the offer. I’m pretty damn glad he did. I’m wishing them well and feeling ok with what I’ve heard so far. It’s got more promise than JPops “art play time” that I endured.

Has ANYONE on Pinside sunk cash into Deeproot? No? So what’s the continued bitchin’ about?

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What are you 2 yrs old?
Robert isn’t going to appreciate that

I don't think there is a lot to loose in this case. Could be wrong. No disclosure.

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You aren’t in the lawsuit are you Fulltilt?
Hopefully you took the credit?

Nope.. waitin’ On the credit. (:

1 month later
#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I have been waiting for my flight because of a delay in Dallas due to GPS satellite problems and I want to thank everybody on this thread for providing me entertainment to make the wait go a lot faster. Keep posting your thoughts!

You've been waiting on your flight for 5 days?? (:

1 week later
#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

Uh... they make a good machine??

Geez..

1 week later
#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I will NOT buy a game with that type of artwork, it reminds me of say TNA, or Lexi Lightspeed, no thank you! I want photo realism not campy cartoon artwork.

Oh goodie... World Poker Tour is for you.

#3849 4 years ago

Nice but what's the art for?

#3874 4 years ago

Back when we had hopes on a game....
I just never figured out how the ball was going to get to the top of the ramp.

#3880 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Not just that, but if Pinside had a “dismissive jerking off motion” emoji, I’d be using that in place of the eye-roll.

#3888 4 years ago

Goodwill amendment received today from Robert (Deeproot).
He is certainly keeping up with his deadlines and offers to Zidware buyers.
Choose wait for games or take the cash.

I'll choose to wait and take the pins thank you! Good luck Deeproot!

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I still think it's a horrible name for a pinball company.

They could call it Fart Blossom and I wouldn't care...

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Unless your promised to get a game at a discount get your money back. Otherwise there is literally no point to take that gamble. My .02

It’s was 2 free games actually... add a little

bam (resized).jpgbam (resized).jpg

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I’m out and taking the cash...good luck!

Lemme' see.. what did I get from Jpop?... a big dig up the pinball launch lane...
Why would I not wait for the offer of 2 free games vs a little "cash" reimbursement...?

Seems to me like any real pinball fan would want 2 pins vs a little cash back in the pocket to blow on some other mediocre current offering.

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

LOL... thanks Ben! Have faith.. I know it's hard after that run. I have to say I hope you are wrong.
I've been out $9500 since 2013-14. Never expected to see anything back after the legal fiasco ran it's course.
I really think that I now have something to look forward to again. Resolved to the fact I don't care which way it turns out.
I'd rather have 2 DR pins than 0 Jpop pins. That's what I have at this point.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess I’m not a REAL pinball fan then...LOL! I’m just done with the whole situation. Good luck to you and all the other real pinball fans. Hope it all works out in the end and you get your two shiny new pinball machines.

Ok, maybe fan was wrong. Supporter of new pinball manufacturers.
At this point the money I lost to Jpop really doesn't matter. I'll never get that back from him.
I'd love to see DR succeed and put out "shiny new pinball machines" for all those pinball fans.
After all the hyperbole, if there are not machines produced the DR team is going to look more like a ship of fools. I hope that is not the case and I would hope other folks would not as well.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has anyone requested a refund and actually gotten one?

If I remember, I don't believe that has been an option until just now after the end of June deadline.

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

....I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability.....

I'm waiting for LTG to respond.... (:

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The minute I laid my hands on my NIB WOZ, it felt like I was touching my old STTNG, heavy, solid with bats that don’t shake the whole cabinet when they flip and the sturdy sound that was distinct of the 90s Superpins.
I think JJP should be the standard of build quality, it’s surely unmatched in modern production.

I agree with the build quality with JJP. Very solid machine.
My first JJP experience was with the initial WOZ release. The company handled the tragic lamp board problem miraculously IMO.
I had little to no other problems. They have proceeded to make beautiful solid machines.

Now back to what the DeepRoot machines will be. This is a Deeproot thread.
I just mailed back my "modified" agreement for 2 DeepRoot machines. Quality is a concern for me... thank you very much.

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you know what games you'll get ?
I hope they are amazing and please you.

Me too Lloyd.
I don't know how there is any negative. I was offered my money back from Zidware deposits or gamble on another potential game manufacturer.
It's my choice. Heck, I'm the gambling type it seems.
I don't think we will know until the titles are released by DR or someone leaks out reliable information.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP charged everyone $799 and told them to complete a very complicated upgrade operation on their brand new machines. The only thing "miraculous" was that it didn't result in a class action lawsuit.

When I was having the board problems, I received 2-3 replacements and then never had issues before the machine was finally sold. The customer service I received was always prompt and direct.
I agree that having to purchase a $799 "fix" would not be considered miraculous.

#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ice is a Lawyer?!?
Additionally lawyers advise you to spend money for their service. So take everything to court that you can!!!

I’m a psychiatrist which makes this thread particularly interesting.

#4125 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Five of them are coming out at the Texas Pinball Festival 2018. It’s going to be the 5 days of deeproot, so stay tuned.

I hope by March, '20 we have some specifics of what's coming and hopefully have them shipping by then!! The modified agreement expires in July, '20.

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This thread has to die... XD

Or stay on track with real DR updates.... but what fun would that be?

#4149 4 years ago

I can’t imagine backing out now unless it’s a cash needed situation.

#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I haven't seen anything that would make me confident in ever receiving a pin.

I initially had Jpop ONLY. Why in the hell did I think that would work out is another story.
When I now look at the Deep Root team that has been assembled, I think that if this is a total disaster there will be a lot of mud on the faces.

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good evening. Next person who continues the political discussion in any way will be ejected from the thread. Stop snipping at each other, both sides...thank you.

Does that mean we have to get back to talking about Deep Root? Awe right!

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think Deeproot should be ejected. I mean, if they weren’t so late with their games, we wouldn’t bring up so many off topic subjects.

Couple of others bet them on the ejection list.
You can tell. Iiii

#4207 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

If a game is not popular out of the gate, sometimes you can hit a home run later with a rules update that brings a player back to a game they previously were not fond of.

For pin players that can be true. I think for the majority of other "teenage Jimmy" players who put $1.00 in a machine and the game play sucks, they generally won't be coming back to it.

1 week later
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If swappable games are what you want, let me introduce you to @multimorphic
Producing games right now with playfield modules that can be swapped in a minute or two.

No thanks.
If that's the case, just go the "home game" route like Vacation America. That went over big too.

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Dang, some of you really hold on to strong negative opinions based on implementations designed nearly 2 decades ago!

I apologize Gerry. I really shouldn't have an opinion as I've never played your machines. They look really cool and I'm sure are a blast to play. The quality looks spot on and the idea is great. It just is not pinball as I grew up with and want today. The Multimorphic machines are pretty sweet and the idea is excellent. Keep up the great work.

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

About the time the economy goes in the tank again lol

What's that got to do with buying pins?

#4352 4 years ago

I thought about taking the cash, but what I signed up for was a pinball machine. That's what I'm wanting to receive.

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why not use the money from the refund to buy a machine that you can get your hands on now?
People who see the refunds as validating deep roots ability to make games, well, I disagree. Refunds simply are a transfer. A transfer to Jpop’s investors (zidware game buyers) from deeproots wealth management investors. Just another dollar owed from a big pile of dollars owed.
I’m sure people will be bitching in a wealth management forum years from now about DP was pinball doodling instead of getting 6% or better in a stock market index fund.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’m glad they did. Help or not, I love Jpops games.

Everything seems to want to revolve around Jpop.
There are other people on the team, unless I missed the exit announcements.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Much more interested in what Nordman comes up with.
Better designer

Exactly.

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the people deeproot brought in besides jpop... were not tied into the zidware mess... so they aren't really relevant to the discussion,

Last I looked this was a DeepRoot discussion thread. Not a Zidware solvency/resolution thread.

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doesnt Jpop work for DR? Didn't DR make a deal with former zidware customers? Seems like a good place to discuss.

Totally agree. But to suggest the other members are irrelevant to the discussion is missing the forest for the trees.

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well.. you can.. and look stupid.

Ok, thanks. I’ve been called worse.
I don’t cherry pic. I’ve been in it from day 1.

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

It's not so hard to sent a PM to Robert or an email. Get a direct answer.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Who's Robert? I'm not reading anything on this stuff. Please appreciate

Skim this thread and PM to DeepRoot. That’ll go to Robert and likely get you an answer to to your question.

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Can anyone point me to a form or contact I should reach out to for a refund on my deposit with JPOP for BHZA? I've tried to scan this thread but not doing a good job. Thank you in advance. If easier please PM me.

Just another way for you to contact Deeproot and get a direct and correct answer to your question.
http://deeproottech.com/
Scroll down to the contact information at the bottom.
The initial claims process was in Jan-Feb of '18 so the window is indeed closed. That doesn't mean you can't explain your case and rationale for making a claim now.

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

http://deeprootpinball.com/

I'm sorry but the June 28th deadline says you will get the buzzer for any current claim.

#4447 4 years ago

“Several RAZA prototypes to play at the Houston Expo” in November.

5781336C-B60E-4CAD-A104-B3ADF6E8E037 (resized).jpeg5781336C-B60E-4CAD-A104-B3ADF6E8E037 (resized).jpeg

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What’s new?

Nothing I know of. “Several” prototypes in 2 months and no leads as to what?

Pinball is held tighter than news leaks from the White House.

1 week later
#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

People, DR is not making physical pinball, at least to start! Making 2d apps to satisfy jpoop buyers, at 9.99 apiece.

I don't know what the F* you're talking about. For those of us actually involved and watching Jpop twittle our money away on his Wordpress updates, nothing is going to satisfy until there is a machine to play.

There are plenty of RAZA cabinets waiting to be filled.

121 (resized).jpg121 (resized).jpg

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I pretty certain that cabs have long been dumped...

Good, they have bad karma all over them.

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks for proving my point. When will DR be producing a physical game again, now that they don't even have cabs now? If you don't think DR is above delivering a game, which satisfies the obligation as an app, well I'd send in even more pre-order money... Can you scan and post your entire contract, does it ever say pinball machine as we know it? Serious question.

I didn't give them any "pre-order" money... And have no plans to. Only pin machine shipping cost.

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

does it ever say pinball machine as we know it? Serious question.

Yes, it specifies "pinball game machines". I don't think there is much else that it is referring to other than machines "as we know it".
But what the hell... I've been wrong before. (that's why I'm here isn't it) Fly boy even thinks I'm stupid.

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Sorry you meant "MOMMY PLZ FEED ME NOW I'M TO DUMB AND LAZY TO USE THE SPOON!!!

OH I could not resist using the metaphor.... it doesn't come up often. For any others who may flash back to RGP...

There IS no spoon.

#4569 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I just bought a Ferrari for the price of a Fiat.

Errr.. Toyota.

#4579 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah. If it is somebody's "dream theme", they will buy it sight unseen with joy and piles of cash. And then save the bitching for later on pinside. Probably still won't stop them from buying another.

Yeah, that's what I did with Zidware.

My "dream theme" will be to get my RAZA and a second machine DR is giving me for the money I lost with Jpop.
Not a bad offer from a company that has already send cash to "former" Zidware customers.
They are promising a show of RAZA machines at the Houston show in November. Patience grasshopper....
There should be about 2000 more irrelevant posts in the thread by then.

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Another casualty of Pinside?

Oh boy. There ought to be a lot of meaningful update discussion on here now....

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

People on here trashed it so badly that they changed it. Listening to pinside is a sign of weakness. Grow a set, Deeproot!

Somehow I don't think Robert gives a tinkers what Pinside thinks of their logo.

#4630 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

What did you say? Raza has a robot

We're supposed to have glue guns too...

What classic quotes, starting at about 14:15... skipping all the other filler.

#4727 4 years ago

Why do I keep clicking this thread....

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cause you want to!!!

It's like rubber-necking to look at that interstate pileup...

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The thing is, its not a pile up yet. They still havent asked for pre-orders and have paid some people back for jpoops misdeeds, so Im still keeping an open, and hopeful mind!

I could have taken the cash but instead I opted for 2 Deeproot machines for my lost funds with Jpop. I'm told I get to "choose" 2 plus shipping cost.

Without saying I'm a fan for what they are going to offer.

#4771 4 years ago

Neither of my Twilight Zones ever had any dimples nor did my Scared Stiff.... but ain't got crap to do with Deeproot.

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at these tz photos... see all the black dots and changes in gloss when you zoom in? Those are low points in the sanding...aka divots

I'd call up Bally and get my money back.

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Neither of my Twilight Zones ever had any dimples....

Or maybe it was after Neo worked on it? I can't remember... (:

DSC_0006 (resized).jpgDSC_0006 (resized).jpg

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

0% chance. If Deeproot appears at the show at all, which is unlikely, they'll bring a box of lights and art that only superficially resembles a pinball machine.

#4880 4 years ago

Damn.. I gotta’ unfollow this thread...

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My hope is that Deeproot has 4 games ready on reveal and does a special discount offer for Operators and Home use buyers if they buy all 4 games!! Do it boys!! You will raise millions over night!

Is this ACTUALLY a positive comment towards Deeproot?!

Robert's offering the "cash out" to Zidware buyers was that they could take the cash or accept to delay the delivery date 1 year... with the comment that "launch will be prior with multiple titles". I doubt I will have the opportunity to tour the facility as he offers to those that choose to wait, but I'm going to hold out for the additional time with expectation that the "multiple titles" holds true. If not.. I will take another "cash out" offer if it is presented.

1 week later
#4957 4 years ago

The Popadiuk thread topped 486 pgs. This one's got a ways to go...
And Popadiuk didn't make a comment in that thread.

#5025 4 years ago

ohboy (resized).pngohboy (resized).png

#5044 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

vid could damage it just by looking at it

vid (resized).jpgvid (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5059 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Seven days and still NOTHING? Something must be happening. I can't take many more months of nothing, so if you hear something please post it. (or not=nothing).

Has anyone requested to have a tour of the facility?
Surely there is a customer within reasonable distance.

2 weeks later
#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So nothing out of the Deeproot team at expo?

Because Houston is the promise?

#5073 4 years ago

#5135 4 years ago

All the new posts... I was fooled again into thinking something had happened...

#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's what I love about this Deeproot thread, since there are no pinballs there, it leaves the door open to a lot of cool topics !

#5211 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that still in play?

No

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then let's get back to business.

perv.gifperv.gif

#5260 4 years ago

Oh Lord... this is going South quick.

#5262 4 years ago

I’m ready and more than patiently waiting.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Given the talent they have amassed, there’s no way this is Zizzle 2.0. I’m patiently, and eagerly, awaiting to see what they have - even if this is just a prototype.

I'd would love to see a hint of the next available games too.
The Deeproot agreement sends me two games for my loss with Zidware. Only potential positives there.

#5441 4 years ago
hammertime.gifhammertime.gif
#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Look at my avatar. That's what I am enthused about today. If the general pinball community doesn't get it, not my worry. We got tickets for 9:30.

Go Ford (resized).pngGo Ford (resized).png

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

We need a wake up in this thread.

I think you need a drink.

bluto.gifbluto.gif

#5817 4 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this discussion. Debating targets, ramps, drop zones, display, colors, lighting...
Last week it was "vaporware"

THIS IS GREAT! I actually believe I'm going to get a RAZA machine after 7+ years...

Carry on Pinside.

#5818 4 years ago

OMG is that Jpop?!

jpop (resized).jpgjpop (resized).jpg

#5832 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

After watching that video, Stern, JJP, CGC and Spooky have nothing to fear, unless it is priced really well.

LOL... keep trying. Take that drink and toss out another one

#5882 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks great? Seriously? People seem to be in the denial phase still.
Be honest. This looks bad. Really bad.

Then you probably don't want to buy one.

#5925 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

The spinning Oozie shot really killed any flow of the game for me. The ball seemed to spend more time being deflected off of it and trickle back to flippers. We hit it a few times to spin it, but the shot itself wasn’t satisfying and seemed to be more of a flow killer.

Thank you for the excellent play review. I agree with the Oozie. There should be a petition to get rid of that thing. It's just looks in the way of ball flow and pretty much useless.

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Did the initial RAZA design only have the one ramp?

raza_playfield (resized).jpgraza_playfield (resized).jpg

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I just played the game and enjoyed it. When I first walked up to it I noticed M and I, in ATOMIC, were not lit in attract mode and carried through my game I played. The staff was quick to jump in and look at their log file.
I am looking forward to their actual launch of their first games. I am a very interested buyer just on seeing and playing this prototype here at the Houston Expo.

Finally an honest review! (:

#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hoping the non jpop games are good. This one is a fail. A big fail.

But it hasn't been released yet? How does that work?

There is more than a one man team involved here.

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Think with a ramp that relies on strong flippers to make is, when the flippers get even a teeny weak, welp, that game ain't playable.... People wanna get their ramp on, toss another one on for frustrations sake

Like LOTR?
Maybe PinballLife can supply some RAZA special flipper coils.
Terry??
(:

#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jesus Christ, relax dude. We all know it's a PROTOTYPE as they couldn't possibly expect this to sell more than a couple dozen of these games in it's current state.
Deep Root wants to play with the big boys? Well, knee jerk reactions from Pinside are all part of it. I'm sure they understand that.
This is nothing more than roasting the new guys. It's all part of the fun, it's what Stern gets every single sneak peak pre-release, and it's what they signed up for when they decided the world needed yet another pinball company. We'll see how it goes! I'd love to have more good games to play, and look forward to seeing this in its final non PROTOTYPE state. But yelling PROTOTYPE over and over isn't going to protect them from people forming early opinions on it.

DAMN.... I agree with you Levi....

If I remember... When Jack was planning to get into the game, Gary Stern commented something like, "jump on in, the water's cold"

#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Personally, I think they knock it out of the park at TPF

I sure as hell hope so... actually counting on it. I'd like something resembling the game I signed up for.
I wouldn't mind them tossing in the glue gun...

ben (resized).jpgben (resized).jpg

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Robert just called Zombie Yeti’s art work on the original RAZA a “Hack Job”, do you want to comment on that? Robert will crash and burn as he sounds like a total douche bag.....JPOP junior. We are the customer and rule #1 in any successful business is listen to your custom.

Well...yeah...
Robert called me, on my cell phone, to tell me I would receive DR machines for the money I had lost with JPop/Zidware. Answered any question I had and has kept in touch with scheduled updates on that status.
I couldn't get JPop to even return an email, much less get him on a telephone.

#6285 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You need better game if you gonna be sliding into JPops DMs like that

Say what?

#6391 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

“PINRATS” Chewing on “Underwhelming Prototypes!”

Weak Ass Flippers!

Weak Ass Flippers (resized).pngWeak Ass Flippers (resized).png

#6630 4 years ago

Man it doesn't take long to run through 70 new posts...

#6631 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Who actually cares what the personality of the owner of DR is? I mean really. I only care about great pins being made. Regardless of who the hell is building them.

Summarizes about the last 4500 posts...

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, noone posted this yet? (Well, except Jeff in his article, wich you should read.)

Thanks so much for the video. Crazy...even the people look green. Looking forward to seeing this in person.

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems plenty of pinsiders don't see the forrest, the trees are in the way... errrr, flippers are in the way ...

I just bought new coils from Terry at PBL for the weak ones on LOTR and was done with it. No more weak flippers.

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Several years ago, a rookie manufacturing company called Jersey Jack came out with their first prototype, a machine called Wizard of Oz.

I bought a first run and it played pretty damn well, as long as I could keep the lights on. (:

#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Those coils are way too powerful for LOTR. If you are happy then I guess that is all that matters. However, if you are interested, there is a better alternative, the APB coils:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1065-apb-enterprises/01414-new-stern-pinball-medium-power-coil-lord-of-the-rings-gnr

Thanks. That was a LONG time ago. I agree, they were powerful for sure but sure did make it great for hitting that ring shot! BAM!
After about 45 minutes on one of those LONG LOTR games, the Stern flipper coils seemed to just fade the hell away... Terry's fixed it.

#6836 4 years ago

And the sound....Stern flippers would work fine but sounded like I was bitch slappin' somebody.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

wow, i thought that was just me. I don't know what it is. just feels hollow.

They have improved greatly over the years though. The "loudest" ones I had were on Elvis. They were loud enough to distract me from the great music! (:

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

So, will RAZA be at TPF?

Hey, we're talkin' Stern flippers here. . . .

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FYI you will end up breaking some plastics eventually.

Nah, sold both of them years ago. But I know what you mean.

Time for a break.....

#6856 4 years ago

I'm getting depressed... I want my money back.

#6858 4 years ago

Keep calm. March reveal at Deeproot is around the corner. Are you attending?

I'm good... been keeping calm for years now. this ain't nothin'.

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I remember getting in on BHZA in the beginning. .... IF deeproot gave me 2x my money with a 50% off coupon i would not touch this thing with a 10 foot poll.

Be the ball (resized).pngBe the ball (resized).png

1 week later
#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The list of who qualifies lists the usual assortment of pinheads

I couldn't find "Zidware Customer" anywhere on the list?

#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What better way to create fake demand than hold an invitation only event nobody really wants to go to anyways. :p

That's presumptuous. Let me "assume" that you have nothing invested in this.

#6958 4 years ago

What a great unlicensed theme!

1 week later
#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hear they poached JJP's animation guy?

please.gifplease.gif

#7079 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I’ll never understand Pinside’s fascination/obsession with other people’s money.
Who cares where DR is funded from? Unless you’re a direct investor, it doesn’t matter.

As long as I get 2 playable pins I’m good.
Playable is a key word.

#7185 4 years ago

Deeproot Zidware customers..

Check your email.

Oh Baby!

#7189 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Please share. After 144 pages of this threat, i can’t wait for real info!

No "real info", just some very good will. I don't see a "no share" statement so this is the offer.

---------------------
Hi!

We are sending this message to you as a Zidware Claimant who chose to extend his/her Goodwill Terms agreement to June 2020. In gratitude, we would like to offer you to be our guest (including flights, accommodations, and deeproot VIP room access) at the Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco Texas from March 27-29.
---------------------

#7190 4 years ago

So..

I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.

Not a bad deal so far.

#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out of those 737s by then.

No Iranian missile sites that I know of between Tennessee and Texas.

#7198 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Is everyone still mad a J-pop or does he have to give a back massages at the VIP event to be exonerated?

Yes, we get the back massage.

#7207 4 years ago

Shasta, Fanta... they both mix well with vodka. And the lunch meats sampler and salsa tray sounds great!

1 month later
1 week later
#7520 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Man... you drank the koolaid, bought the T-Shirt AND mug...

So far as I have seen, no one has had to buy anything yet. Not from this side of the fence anyway.
So what do you have to lose? DR is taking the risk.

#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Right or wrong... they’ve made waves in the pool.

You got that right! 7500+ posts later and it's still speculation.

#7548 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Better to be cautious and wary than stupid and oblivious, ESPECIALLY with the history of small pinball startups. There's a reason the term 'irrational exuberance' exists.

Been there done that with Jpop.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I believe RAZA will go beyond just a pinball machine.

If I ever get the game "in the house", it sure will be.

1 week later
#7680 4 years ago

Almost... but not quite as good as the Pin-panties.

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The SS Billards Thread will appreciate that info!

shake.gifshake.gif

1 week later
#7889 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't expect any large gatherings in the next 30 days.

Banned in NY. Not smart anywhere.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So, if we do the math Spicoli, what do you think Mr. Hand would say?

Talk to the hand?

The Hand.gifThe Hand.gif
#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm rarely offended by much, really. But the name of the virus is clear: Covid 19. There has been an uprise if violence toward Chinese ppl...

Did the Spanish get there asses kicked in 1918?

#7982 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

You know the Spanish flu didn’t come from Spain, right? It was called the Spanish flu because it was the first country to be truly devastated. The flu most likely originated in the U.K. or USA.
So they did definitely get their assess kicked in 1918.

Point was, it's still called The Spanish Flu. No one knows where it really started.
Never heard anyone complain about the name.

bull.gifbull.gif

#8027 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I do really feel for the whole dp team. They must have been working super hard and to have to keep their mouths shut about whatever it is they're doing. To be /this/ close to being able to finally talk about it... and WHAM. That's just really painful.
This will pass, though not as fast as we all hope.

Can I still get my machines?

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Better check if there are post apocalyptic terms in the paperwork Deeproot gave you......

"post"?

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Yes. What DR will do for you post apocalypse. I’m sure they will take care of you and maybe have more titles for you to choose from when the time comes.

I’m not sure apocalyptic was in the language...
With Zidware, well maybe.

1 week later
#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. They've made it this far. A little farther won't hurt.
I don't wish anything bad for anybody or any manufacturer in these trying times.

And good luck to you Lloyd my friend. It is the tough of times for many.

Happy Birthday To you.

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Lay-off has already begun with Dennis...

Have you spoken to Dennis? Maybe you have some real information to share instead of Pinside trolling.

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why do people keep talking about Deeproot not taking pre-order money, as if its some divine sign of things to come? It's an irrelevant suggestion and yet it is the most often quoted opinion throughout this thread.

Cause they didn’t and it was??
I lost $9500 to Zidware and Robert offered me compensation of 2 machines if/when they make them. I don’t give a shit otherwise. I asked nothing from DeepRoot and was offered something I had written off as a bad decision. I can wait and see. Yeah, it could become divine intervention or not.

#8113 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, I understand that and gave you a thumbs up. But my comment had nothing to do with the Zidware compensation.
You either missed my point or I failed to express myself adequately, or maybe a little of both.
All good my friend. I hope Deeproot delivers for everyone as I have been saying all long.

It was probably me missing the point! That wouldn't be the first time.
I agree that DR has, so far, not produced (or at least revealed) anything with industry changing effect. There has been much alluded to and great expectation that hasn't come to pass. Perhaps the vault was going to be opened at TPF. We still don't seem to know.

1 month later
#8479 3 years ago

Dang.. put it off till 62 new posts. Nothin’
Except I need to secure a good website name and sell it.

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is the majority of people opted to get a game instead of a refund. In other words, people have now returned to biting their fingernails while playing another waiting game.

That pretty well nails it.... waiting for Pigs to Fly again.

2 weeks later
#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Does anyone care at this point? All we get is noise and empty promises.

What?? That's a fairly egocentric question. There are quite a few of us who actually have some skin in the game that care.

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Should have gotten your $$$ when you had the chance. DR is in deepshit.

You don’t get it. Money isn’t the issue any longer.

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you say that in a Clint Eastwood voice it’s chilling

42DFE73E-B3EF-471C-9B8D-D66475F47E4F (resized).jpeg42DFE73E-B3EF-471C-9B8D-D66475F47E4F (resized).jpeg
#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Wow. It took me three evenings to read this thread.

Why? It’s about 15 minutes worth of real information.

#8565 3 years ago

Well, just to add a little anticipation... very little at this point...

The amendment to the Goodwill Agreement which originally set a delivery date of 6/30/19 was modified to 6/30/20.
We are going to be coming up to that date in a wee bit over a fortnight.

I don't recall a viral pandemic clause.

#8596 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

For the calculus/math buffs out there:
Number of games = pi * log(10)* sine(90) * d/dx (a), where 'a' is an integer.

sucks (resized).pngsucks (resized).png
#8600 3 years ago

So many racist plots through the years it’s hard to keep track.. Archie Bunker, George Jefferson... even Howard Stern in black face alongside George Jefferson. But that was back when we could laugh.

Now we’re cancelling kid’s cartoons because they represent heroic cops stopping bad guys.

There is a problem here somewhere.

But back to Deep Root. (:

#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

And don’t forget they also violated Elmer Fudds Second Amendment rights.

I have all the real ones on DVD.

I have Gone With the Wind collectors edition. It'll be worth millions.
https://tinyurl.com/y95dcj33

1 week later
#8666 3 years ago

I hope you get contacted within 8 days.

If not, I’ll be sending a reminder email.

#8671 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What if “what will make sense” means chapter 7?
Just asking questions.

Then I hope I'm among the first group that gets some of the disbursement.

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Next will be delayed delivery until TPF 2021 due to second wave of COVID in the fall.

Actually to at least September.

#8736 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Yeah, I was a Zidware customer. Going to email Robert.

Were you in on the initial Goodwill Agreement?

1 week later
#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Strange, they were ready to go earlier for the Texas Pinball festival right?

Pinside is not the place to start applying logic.

#8772 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So it's been over three and half years...
Even Gene Cunningham managed to build a pinball machine in less amount of time...

Can I blame Gene as the reason I jumped at the chance with Jpop? NO... I can only blame myself.
And so, here we are.

4 weeks later
#8890 3 years ago

38 seconds through all 18 of the new posts..... Had to pause there on O-din.
Lots of great info there.

#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody who passed up the chance when Deeproot was handing money out is basically out of their minds or glutton for punishment. I can't fathom just letting it ride at that point.

papa.gifpapa.gif

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Robert already said RAZA will be a limited run, one and done to satisfy obligations. He said there are better games coming.

Well shit... I don't want this one then... Oh yeah, I get two.

I ain't even giving a thumb's up yet.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Two something's beats a $10k hole in my wallet every day.
Let's see how the next month goes.

It was the "better games coming" part... a little sarcasm here on Pinside.

#9002 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who needs to look in the mirror of this shitshow?

Me.... I was a total dumbass to have fallen for his BS.

JPop building a complete game "on his own"...... HOW the F&*k would that happen?

#9007 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I completely get that you‘d fall for the Magic Girl promise; there are no games like that.
What I don‘t get is people din‘t smell that something was off when ordering RaZa. By that time it was allready pretty fishy.

I didn't go for the Magic Girl, that didn't really appeal to me. I wanted a ZOMBIE pin. The initial BHZA thrill temptation video sucked me in.
I wanted Zombie Girls, I want Glow Balls, I want a Glue Gun, I want..!

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don‘t remember if I know that Video.
Is it still online?

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I am surprised to see this thread live on as long as it has with nothing to show for it?

Shhhiiiaaattt... a mere 2 years. The Popadiuk thread went for 6 years and never produced a damn thing.

1 week later
#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

If DR eventually pump out decent games , all of this wait will be forgotten - forgiven , just like jjp .
I wish them all the best , especially for people who have money in this .

When I have a tracking number.

#9320 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

And $500 worth of t-shirts buys Derproot several more months of stalling time.

T-shirts? What t-shirts? I want a "Derproot" t-shirt!

#9366 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why are they celebrating the 48th Birth Day ( anniversary ) of my business ?
Really nice of them to do this on 9/20.
Disclaimer : I still hope their fans get games to see, play, and buy, and those owed games get them too.

2 years till Big Day Party. They better have this Covid crap out of the way for my trip to SS Billiards Mecca.

#9398 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As I recall, the original “Zombie Apocalypse” pin was going to be 10k on the button back in 2012. So I wouldn’t be stunned to see that price still hold. Though it was a crazy world for pinball back then.

$9500. Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland.
And Deeproot (Robert) has offered 2 of their titles for that price.
Yeah, I can still wait.

#9414 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Maybe they meant "Kia pricing" literally?
You can get a base model Kia for around $9.5K, cant you?

If you find me a another pinball machine that will let me drive it around town, shopping and anywhere else I need to go, I'll buy it.

Admitted I'd be embarrassed to buy one that would look like a Yugo....

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

you’ve apparently never spent a lot of time around short men.

Ouch.

#9698 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

You forgot Annie.

Oh dear God, that would be bad. Why not make a Tootsie pin while we're at it.

#9732 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

C'mon, Hard Enough Life Multiball! I can hear the Daddy Warbucks callout already.

Tootsie pinball... "I gotta' dick" wizard mode.

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are finally getting the vanity launch they always wanted. What a head shaker that is.
I'm sure they have built a nice auditorium. lol
Wasting even more money bringing "pinball media" in to town?

All fine by me. Send me the tracking.

#9739 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey you and me both, except i live here, just let me know what day to pick it up next week?

Looks like the Tuesday the 22nd should be good.

#9836 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Are we there yet mom.......

I don’t think DR has really said a thing about what that date means. And Pinside already has games to go.

#11234 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

...Having said that, I am trying to keep an open mind on this and looking forward to seeing the progress.

You don't know how hard that is at this point..... I didn't even get a "sorry it's delayed" email. Ship the damn pin.

#11719 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Pay attention! You CAN...with a highly-skilled penis!

Where The F&*CK has this thread gone.

thread's dead (resized).jpgthread's dead (resized).jpg

#11912 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whos getting excited?

About what!? Did I miss something....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
334 posts in this topic match your search for posts by fulltilt. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fulltilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=fulltilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.