View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 672.
#24351 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

What a waste of almost two years.

I'm really sorry that your time was so wasted, Dennis.

I'm glad you being under contract there did not stop EHOH from seeing its release. You can be proud of that work.

#24352 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#imagesyoucansmell

#24353 2 years ago

Two things I find it hard to understand.

When Robert came along, he told the world he had experience in design and manufactoring of stuff as complicated as a pinball machine. Why didn't anyone check up on this and find it a falsum?

How could the man keep the investment side of this operations completely watertight from the rest for five years or whatever (ok we dunno when SEC first got notified). Alledgely there has been no speculation published on the speding side of the operation, as to if the funds for this were sourced illegally in another side of the operation. Nor vice-versa. Why this investment firm, having the purpose of investing in paper-money, had another arm spending serious money in tech design without selling anything.

#24354 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

#imagesyoucansmell

Especially smellable when combined with the story about JPop at @bigehrl's place..
(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/479#post-6459217)

Some of these "sit" poses are asking for a porcelain chair to be photoshopped in...

#24355 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

When Robert came along, he told the world he had experience in design and manufactoring of stuff as complicated as a pinball machine. Why didn't anyone check up on this and find it a falsum?

This Pinside thread definitely was calling him out. But if he’s writing checks and pretending everything is good what more can be done other than wait for the wheels to fall off?

#24356 2 years ago

I'm just a regular dude armchair lawyer and even I know that "super lawyer" is an absolute joke to lawyers that take themselves seriously.

#24357 2 years ago

Ben, you don't know what the F you are talking about. Why are you even here? Tell us about all the great games you have designed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/way-to-go-spooky-pinball
Ben Heck is lobbing some grenades, but you did have some positive things to say about his previous games. In your own words"

BH (resized).pngBH (resized).png
#24358 2 years ago

Only Super Lawyers are capable of octo-lawyering.

#24359 2 years ago

Let's not lose sight of the real villains here. Nobody is photoshopping beloved designer Dennis Nordman onto toilets in the few minutes before their workday starts. That sort of treatment is reserved for Popadiuks and Muellers.
Jonathon Dropadieuce (resized).pngJonathon Dropadieuce (resized).png

Edit: one more; don't tell my boss.

Centerfraud (resized).pngCenterfraud (resized).png
#24360 2 years ago

I am starting to wonder is Jpop is going to be marriage partner #4 for Robert. They seem like a good couple!

#24361 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

A few people were chatting about this off forum, but who was going to challenge a sue-happy lawyer? The guy threatened Ben when he used the "bird in the hand" figure of speech. not worth wrestling with a weirdo, there was nothing to gain.

#24362 2 years ago

i always believe in karma never been let down.

#24363 2 years ago

As a fan of both Dennis and Ben, I would encourage and hope that both men would now take any further disputes private. You both have traded punches and anything further would be messy for each.

I'm sure there are some here that would love the drama but I would find it awkward and disappointing.

#24364 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I saw that dude on the sidewalk I’d cross the street.

#24365 2 years ago

I think I need to revise my last post about J-Pop marrying Robert...there is clearly someone else who loves him even more.

Quoted from iceman44:

If Spooky can build them why would you assume Jpop can't?

Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like Woz Honch? He will deliver, I've seen enough of MG, if the MG guys were to say they are disappointed id like to hear it.

Quoted from iceman44:

John is what he is. A genius pinball designer, one of the best ever. I can wait

Quoted from iceman44:

I'm sure John would acknowledge OCD. He really is amazing, all these great designers and coders are. I think you'll see future pins roll a lot more smoothly as he gets his foundation in place.

#24366 2 years ago

Ben, you don't always know everything. It could be that I was at deeproot because I have a passion for designing pinball games. Blinded by the opportunity to put anything I wanted into a game, I realized after a year and a half that it wasn't going to happen. I designed three games while I was there and they will probably never be seen. What a waste of almost two years. While you are free to post your opinions here, I can think of another place where you can put them.

DennisNordman Is there anything that could be done that might prevent your efforts from being completely wasted? In theory could individuals or another company purchase your designs? Perhaps it's best to just let everything associated with deeproot go down with the ship, but it just sucks how much Robert and JPop are dragging down with them. I'd much rather see your designs get a second chance versus the continual efforts that have been wasted on JPop.

#24367 2 years ago

If someone really wants to put into perspective just how long the BHZA/RAZA fiasco has gone on, just compare a picture of JPop back when this started compared to today.

#24368 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If someone really wants to put into perspective just how long the BHZA/RAZA fiasco has gone on, just compare a picture of JPop back when this started compared to today.

Yeah, his belt gets cinched up higher around his waist each year.

#24369 2 years ago

Jeff from TWIP pin2d , please come in and add your take on some of this (or an article would be cool too I suppose). You had access to the "facility" more than most others and have some unique perspectives from your dealings with Robert/dr.

#24370 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As a fan of both Dennis and Ben, I would encourage and hope that both men would now take any further disputes private. You both have traded punches and anything further would be messy for each.
I'm sure there are some here that would love the drama but I would find it awkward and disappointing.

Hear! Hear! A fan of both as well. (Well, Dennis long before Ben obviously.... no offense, Ben)

#24371 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You both have traded punches and anything further would be messy for each.

But taking it private is not the American way... we want the sideshow shitshow... complete with concession stands, balloons for the kids, and an MC to keep the festivities lively. But this usually only happens at TPF, or Expo

1D46466F-92E0-4F36-94D1-4D4D2D0E71CD.gif1D46466F-92E0-4F36-94D1-4D4D2D0E71CD.gif
#24372 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is there anything that could be done that might prevent your efforts from being completely wasted? In theory could individuals or another company purchase your designs?
Perhaps it's best to just let everything with deeproot go down with the ship, but it just sucks how much Robert and JPop are dragging down with them.

Convince Disney to make a major motion picture so we can all enjoy Sterns version of Yukon Yeti

#24373 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

5 and counting

Quoted from Mbecker:

Losing steam tonight.. maybe tmrw morning

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO

thunderbirds-pinball-machine-full-uk (resized).pngthunderbirds-pinball-machine-full-uk (resized).png
#24374 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Famous-er!
I noticed John wasn't wearing a mask. Did you get infected with RAZID-11 virus from his vile lungs?

I think that photo with Todd Tuckey was taken at the 2014 Expo when John brought the empty cabinets.

I know this was about 10 pages of posts ago, but it is hard for me to keep up with this thread. I am only one day behind and yet about 500 posts to catch up on at this point. I can't just skip to the present and risk missing out on the juicy details, haha.

#24375 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Two things I find it hard to understand.

We did - people don’t listen, they want to believe…

And people have been questioning the source of funds from the start - this audience wasn’t getting the investor updates though.

#24376 2 years ago

This guy was the epitome of dunning-kruger.

Dunning-kruger the pin. How would the scoring work? When you play poorly, it constantly reinforces how great you're doing, and as you progress, it continually introduces doubt about your skills...

#24377 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm really sorry that your time was so wasted, Dennis.
I'm glad you being under contract there did not stop EHOH from seeing its release. You can be proud of that work.

Alien wouldn't exist in its current form either if Dennis hadn't given me the foundations in the first concept CAD image; even though the entire draft was subsequently tweaked, revised, adapted or changed in some way, many of the raw ideas are still there.

#24378 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO
[quoted image]

hey, at least you could actually buy a thunderbirds. someone actually made a few of them. put them in boxes and shipped them. and everything!

#24379 2 years ago

I recently paid non-refundable, pre-order money to Haggis in Australia for a Mermaid edition of Fathom. ...During Covid.

Discuss!

#24380 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I recently paid non-refundable, pre-order money to Haggis in Australia for a Mermaid edition of Fathom. ...During Covid.
Discuss!

Well, you have much better people who I believe in. The risk is there for sure, though Haggis has a passion while Robert was an ass.

#24381 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Discuss!

Your preorder money already paid for lots of plywood walls in their factory, which is more to say than anything deeproot showed. Might not be enough to fix the sidewalk though.

#24382 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Discuss!

Kim gonna Kim!

Thankfully I don't care about Fathom & I find the name "Haggis" to be viscerally repulsive. Hope it all works out, but thankfully they didn't do anything to test my FOMO.

#24383 2 years ago

"Boss! Boss! It's incredible!"

"What is it, Greg?"

"Our website traffic, it's through the roof! I've never seen anything like it before."

"Well would you look at that."

"Do you think.... do you think..."

"Yes, Greg. I do think this is it. I think our prayers have finally been answered. Something great is happening."

"Hallelujah!"

"And Greg, I know that as an employee of a down on its luck but scrupulously moral investment firm, it's been hard sometimes to keep the faith."

"It has."

"Especially now with the orphans to worry about."

"Yeah..."

"But this just goes to show that if you work hard, stick to your principles, and do everything exactly by the book, good things will eventually happen."

"Right!"

"Now, what do you say you and me get ready to help some new clients set up a brighter and more secure financial future? And in the process, help ourselves with that too."

"Let's do it!"

Screenshot_20210826-071053 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210826-071053 (resized).png
#24384 2 years ago

Another article with the same info, but thought I would drop the link. I do like the depiction sketch in the article btw
https://insurancenewsnet.com/innarticle/sec-claims-texas-advisor-used-life-insurance-to-fuel-58m-scam

#24385 2 years ago

Just stirring the pot a little for those that are saying Pre-Order is dead now. Just like they did years ago after Zidware and Predator.
Pre-Order should be dead but the concept is here to stay, so lets all be careful. Especially those of you who think they could never, ever be conned.

I'm just hoping that Haggis changes the Mermaids into Zombies and they somehow jam that Cyclone Ferris Wheel in there.

#24386 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I find the name "Haggis" to be viscerally repulsive.

This^^^ So much agree

May as well name it "Vomit" pinball. Nothing against them, but the name... ugh.

#24387 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This^^^ So much agree
May as well name it "Vomit" pinball. Nothing against them, but the name... ugh.

The guy who delivered my food last night might be into it

Anis (resized).jpgAnis (resized).jpg
#24388 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And how does one pay said Super Lawyer? With the very same money you claim to have not stolen?
Or was it cleaned in the Car Wash?

too funny, but yeah it’s true. Same thing if you were defending a drug dealer and payment is always covered in blood (figuratively).

7DE5B034-37FD-4E26-AA12-A96D70757D56.jpeg7DE5B034-37FD-4E26-AA12-A96D70757D56.jpeg
#24389 2 years ago

DennisNordman hey I agree it's a shame RM didn't help you fulfill your vision. I think you have the most diverse range of layouts of anyone in the industry and E3 is awesome!

AP has, you know, like a FACTORY so I hope that works well for you.

#24390 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

DennisNordman hey I agree it's a shame RM didn't help you fulfill your vision. I think you have the most diverse range of layouts of anyone in the industry and E3 is awesome!
AP has, you know, like a FACTORY so I hope that works well for you.

Indeed! I have EHOH and I love it.

I have posted in the past that Dennis is my favorite game designer for the very reason that you mention: he has the most diverse range of layouts. He does not keep recycling the same/similar design over and over like many other designers do.

#24391 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I still want to see the proto before Stern flattened the ramps. They look more like Ritchie ramps on the production game, no typical Nordman flair.

#24392 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John is what he is. A genius pinball designer, one of the best ever. I can wait

Prophetic post from six years ago.

#24393 2 years ago

Well, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://deeprootfunds.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24394 2 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

Seems to be working.

Yep. The general public views a "top attorney" or "top doctor" award, rendered by a local magazine, as dispositive of professional qualifications. It's so pervasive that when us trial lawyers qualify expert physicians, we really have to include those silly magazine awards when we review their credentials with juries, during voir dire of the experts.

My expert could be surgeon, Christiaan Barnard, who performed the 1st heart transplant. But, if the local Cape Town magazine named him a "top doc," that's what juries will latch onto as evidence of his qualifications as a cardiovascular surgeon.

The most important credential for a physician or litigator is whether the professional is "board certified." For litigators, most states have an extremely rigorous certification process, so much so that only a small percentage of lawyers qualify.

In NJ, only 2% or fewer of all lawyers are certified civil trial attorneys, certified by the NJ Supreme Court. The lawyer seeking that credential must prove that he/she has a boatload of jury trial experience, and must pass a rigorous exam, much more advanced than the bar exam, not to mention a major ethics vetting. The certification must be renewed every 5 years. It's a major pain in the ass to achieve; but, it's what separates the real trial attorneys from the pretenders. In NJ, it also permits an advantageous case referral disposition.

Based on the link below, it appears that Texas has a board certification process, similar to that in NJ. Texas lawyers, like Iceman, might want to chime in with more detail. In NJ, a variety of certification specialties are available and they all require passing the onerous test and other substantial prerequisites.

Because RM's attorney doesn't list a civil or criminal trial attorney certification in his bio, I presume that he does not hold either of those important credentials.

https://wlcampbell.com/board-certified-in-texas-civil-trial-law/

#24395 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Yep. The general public views a "top attorney" or "top doctor" award, rendered by a local magazine, as dispositive of professional qualifications. It's so pervasive that when us trial lawyers qualify expert physicians, we really have to include those silly magazine awards when we review their credentials with juries, during voir dire of the experts./

"Your honor, motion to admit into evidence the June 2019 Southwest Airlines in-flight magazine."

#24396 2 years ago

While you are free to post your opinions here, I can think of another place where you can put them.

benheck rn

13E99498-EE39-4365-B668-DFE6EA03847A.gif13E99498-EE39-4365-B668-DFE6EA03847A.gif
#24397 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

benheck rn
[quoted image]

Wish you were here

#24398 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Wish you were here

It does look like WYWH! that's from a video called "California" by a band Wax from the 90s

#24399 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It does look like WYWH! that's from a video called "California" by a band Wax from the 90s

I recognize the Union Pacific Sheild on that door there. That dates it, really.
/geek

#24400 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah, his belt gets cinched up higher around his waist each year.

He has to cinch it higher every year because that’s the only way he can cover his ass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 488 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/488 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.