• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 669.
#10251 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be Deeproots reveal on Monday
[quoted image]

Man I called it

F69A655E-3A45-497E-80B7-1ECD2614D6F8 (resized).jpegF69A655E-3A45-497E-80B7-1ECD2614D6F8 (resized).jpeg
#10252 3 years ago

I think this thread is more of a vent, then a realistic debate on the release of the deep root presentation.

#10253 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Come on Pinside. Cary Hardy, TWIP and others flew to Texas for the reveal. Its already happened, reports are being put together as we speak and will come soon.
Did you already forget seeing this picture? Seriously, relax people.[quoted image]

Looks like they are sitting in a theater type setting. I am sure they were shown a video of RAZA and maybe a few other titles that are in the works.

Probably even got to see the same RAZA that was shown in Houston a year ago. Maybe it's more finished.

But they didn't see any games being built, no assembly line, no games in boxes ready to ship, etc.

Smoke and mirrors.

"Send in your deposits now!! Shipping soon(ish)...maybe"

#10254 3 years ago

Remember???? Patience is a virtue.
Relax.

Message from the Chill Freak Kingdom.

#10255 3 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

“there is no such thing as BAD publicity” Just look at how much this is being discussed.

IMO that's now a fallacy.

In this day and age, bad publicity can grow so rapidly and spread across so many fronts it can doom a business before it even begins.

#10256 3 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks pinball needs a reality show ?

#10257 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good thing about waiting a couple years is you're guaranteed the last laugh.

or a rick and morty in the 700's.

#10258 3 years ago

On a different note - ‘Holy Shit Ballz’ would Be an excellent name for a rock band!

#10259 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is a reality show. People tune in every day......

#10260 3 years ago

September 21, 2020.

deeproot Pinball has spent years redesigning the pinball machine from the ground up with countless novel approaches. On this past Saturday, we had hoped to host a launch event with six well known pinball personalities. Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.

The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.

So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!

We hope to update you during this process. We remain deeply committed to delivering the highest quality of gameplay and innovation to our players. We thank you for your continued trust and patience.

-- The Team at deeproot Pinball

#10261 3 years ago

So wait, what happened? There was a fake stream,I know - but was the whole thing a scam, or is the countdown still counting? wth is going on

#10262 3 years ago

Updated Deeprootpinball.com says its been delayed.

#10263 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You must have missed the "Pinballers" sizzle reel.

#10264 3 years ago

I posted the message from them above. Welcome to 2020, deeproot style!

#10265 3 years ago

lol. Today has been hilarious.

#10266 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What exactly have they Not done or done wrong today? They said Today is the announcement. Not of what just today and TWIP said that is coming today. So what was the big miss other then some clown fake countdown video?

The miss!? Uh, the last few years, up to and including today.

https://deeprootpinball.com/

I guess the only good thing about cancelling the update today is that IF the reveal was going to be a complete disaster they made the right call postponing - again.

#10267 3 years ago

#10268 3 years ago

Presenting the message in their original format:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10269 3 years ago

looks like deeproot is taking a deepthroat on this one. Wow.

This is absolutely embarrassing to not hit your own revised time. This is like a 9th grader trying to put together their home work assignment and then coming short again, after they've been late for how long? And it doesn't appear to be a temp delay - it's like we really aren't ready, let's imagine this didn't happen and we'll see you in a month......

#10270 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

September 21, 2020.
deeproot Pinball has spent years redesigning the pinball machine from the ground up with countless novel approaches. On this past Saturday, we had hoped to host a launch event with six well known pinball personalities. Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.
The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.
So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!
We hope to update you during this process. We remain deeply committed to delivering the highest quality of gameplay and innovation to our players. We thank you for your continued trust and patience.

You cut the end off Dave.

September 21, 2020.

P.S. Pinball is Hard.... Robert.

#10271 3 years ago

When your company is getting lapped by JJP, American Pinball and Multimorphic, you're in last place.

#10272 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

September 21, 2020.

I've seen messages like this on the internet before. Typically it's after the owners have been arrested, assets ceased and the website has been torn down.

#10273 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

hahahahah absolutely unreal

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10274 3 years ago

With what we have seen in sales over the last decade it seems suicidal to do eight non-licensed games and only one licensed.

#10275 3 years ago

You are shitting me?

#10276 3 years ago
58D755F2-A702-460D-8CED-075534FE7BC5_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg58D755F2-A702-460D-8CED-075534FE7BC5_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#10277 3 years ago

I’m 45, I’m excited that my great, great grand children will be able to enjoy this pin........

#10278 3 years ago

Wait, so they had "hoped" to host a launch event which means the event never happened?! What's a beta event?

#10279 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

With what we have seen in sales over the last decade it seems suicidal to do eight non-licensed games and only one licensed.

That's ok, because they did none... so a different kind of suicide.

#10280 3 years ago

fart.giffart.gif

#10281 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

Lmmfao

#10282 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's a beta event?

Obviously you don't speak BS.

Translation: "We don't know what the hell we're doing and never have."

#10283 3 years ago

So they thought it was finished, but then these guests pointed out some technical things that need to be adjusted???

Great sign!! LOL

#10284 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

this is real??? Not a joke?

#10285 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wait, so they had "hoped" to host a launch event which means the event never happened?! What's a beta event?

A beta event is when you plug in the machine at the launch event for the first time, and realize you forgot to make it playable. The people there say "Hey, this thing sucks" and the company says... ermmmmm.... this wasn't really a launch event. But then you forget to change the website until days later to let people know.

#10286 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

wow.....just, wow.

#10287 3 years ago

lol, I actually feel bad for the people who went to the media event, did a bunch of work to be ready, and now they just have to keep sitting on their hands.

and based on their statement, I'd loooove to know what the hell happened and what sorta feedback they were given

#10288 3 years ago
315DD9EA-F625-4111-92F8-8F3211C80FAC (resized).jpeg315DD9EA-F625-4111-92F8-8F3211C80FAC (resized).jpeg
#10289 3 years ago

I've always wanted to use this image.

bullshit-meter-2 (resized).jpgbullshit-meter-2 (resized).jpg

#10290 3 years ago

So either this is a magnificent troll on their side or they really are the rightfull laughing stock now.

#10291 3 years ago
pasted_imagedeeproot  (resized).pngpasted_imagedeeproot (resized).png
#10292 3 years ago

Not surprised in the least.

#10293 3 years ago

Robert, you literally put up a date for reveal on your web site and then proceeded to talk shit on your competitors all week while showing absolutely nothing...and now you backpedal and say you were only "hoping" to launch on Monday. In case nobody has told you yet today, you look like a horses ass. My guess is the 6 people in attendance gave Robert a hard dose of reality. I would not be at all surprised if the launch never happens at all after this.

#10294 3 years ago

I feel sorry for everyone reading this. Myself included.

#10295 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

lol, I actually feel bad for the people who went to the media event, did a bunch of work to be ready, and now they just have to keep sitting on their hands.
and based on their statement, I'd loooove to know what the hell happened and what sorta feedback they were given

It's the middle of a pandemic and Deep Root is flying people around the country for this bullshit?

I certainly wouldn't have gotten on a plane for something like this but then I don't have a podcast or youtube channel.

#10296 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Beta event is bullshit for, we got nothin people, we never had anything to begin with, we just need a little more time honest.

#10297 3 years ago

I can’t imagine how amatory it is.
This is really bad for their image.

#10298 3 years ago

Well, since TWIP pulled their announcement of their reveal coverage the same second, I'd guess deeproot was srsly not happy with the performance and want's to try again. -_-;

#10299 3 years ago

They really blew Stern out of the water. When Stern does a reveal, they waste time revealing a machine. What a bunch of morons those Stern guys are.

#10300 3 years ago
F53FC759-2198-48A1-88EF-EAF9CA328001 (resized).jpegF53FC759-2198-48A1-88EF-EAF9CA328001 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.