• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 669.
#10651 3 years ago

Why hasn’t pin2d chimed in???

#10652 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why hasn’t pin2d chimed in???

NDA i'd guess

#10653 3 years ago
4fs927 (resized).jpg4fs927 (resized).jpg
#10654 3 years ago

Its all your fault Stern!
You make pinball look easy.

#10655 3 years ago

How do you fold the head down?

#10656 3 years ago

This did not age well...

We want to personally thank Jody Dankberg, Stern's director of marketing and licensing, for this wake up call back in 2016:
"There are others trying to make pinball machines, I think it would be fantastic if someone else came along and was really successful at it. Because that would make an industry ... I want someone to be successful [as we] probably do 99.9 percent of the games shipped. That's not an industry, it's a monopoly." *
!! Challenge Accepted !!
Just a few days left in the pinball world Before deeproot...

#10657 3 years ago

Can someone please explain the crotch speakers again???? This company is doomed!

#10658 3 years ago
5B7B0DA6-428D-4BED-8BEA-B627B3A0D766.jpeg5B7B0DA6-428D-4BED-8BEA-B627B3A0D766.jpeg
#10659 3 years ago

Those speakers in front are absolutely stupid.

Little kids love poking around and those cones will be damaged every week.

The wrap around may look cool but I'm betting that material will be cracking in a couple years.

These are supposed to be commercial units?

#10660 3 years ago

Deep Root employees be like.....

#10661 3 years ago

I have to say, I like the head. Wrap around art looks really good. The title card, though, tells you all you need to know about the egos involved in this trash fire.

What I never understand about all these upstarts - heighway, whoever made mafia, thunderbirds, the game from Florida, that joke game? I dunno - is why do they all suck so bad?

It’s the easiest thing in the world to get a bunch of pinheads together to play your game and tell you what sucks. Is it because all of these projects are ego stroking and actual playability isn’t the end game? You’d think they’d want to make a game that’s fun to play.

Yet somehow they all totally miss the mark. Lawlor would do 4-5 whitewoods tuning the shots. They’d put games out on test to get real world results. Everyone who worked there loved pinball and it showed. JJP has managed to capture a lot of the same juju so you know it’s possible.

Anyway that lockdown bar is a fucking disaster. I’d ask how something so obviously bad would make it this far but see above.

But hey that wraparound translite is really cool. Good job there!

#10662 3 years ago

Anyone notice the front legs are cranked up, much higher than the (visible) rear leg? What do you bet it was still having issues making it up the ramp...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10663 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Anyone notice the front legs are cranked up, much higher than the (visible) rear leg? What do you bet it was still having issues making it up the ramp...
[quoted image]

Knowing deeproot, they probably reinvented the legs and they're different sized than everything else

#10664 3 years ago

[quoted image]

As someone who actually played the Houston game, the "issues with the ramp" are way, way, WAY overblown. Pinside as usual forms it's hivemind opinion based on a few cellphone videos of unskilled randos and makes their final judgement.

#10666 3 years ago

The only way that head doesn’t break those stilts is if it is empty and only holds up the backbox Art

#10667 3 years ago

Nothing happened and you guys managed to write 20 pages about it? There goes my evening, LOL

#10668 3 years ago

You know I really hoped against all reason that I would log on to Pinside just now after the reveal and everyone would be like “oh my god they knocked it out of the park”. Ugh. Pinball is hard, building stuff is hard, life is hard. There will be no miracles in the state of Texas today. Hangs head

#10669 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Knowing deeproot, they probably reinvented the legs and they're different sized than everything else

I can't keep up with all this innovation!

Quoted from zaphX:

As someone who actually played the Houston game, the "issues with the ramp" are way, way, WAY overblown. Pinside as usual forms it's hivemind opinion based on a few cellphone videos of unskilled randos and makes their final judgement.

Well, when a few cell videos of unskilled randos are all we're given for a year...

Still like the look of the game (for the most part) and genuinely looking forward to it coming out, if that ever happens. What a mess this has been though.

#10670 3 years ago

How about some pics with that HOE turned on!

#10671 3 years ago

...doesn't look bad.

#10672 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

This did not age well...
We want to personally thank Jody Dankberg, Stern's director of marketing and licensing, for this wake up call back in 2016:
"There are others trying to make pinball machines, I think it would be fantastic if someone else came along and was really successful at it. Because that would make an industry ... I want someone to be successful [as we] probably do 99.9 percent of the games shipped. That's not an industry, it's a monopoly." *
!! Challenge Accepted !!
Just a few days left in the pinball world Before deeproot...

It's this hubris that brought on the schadenfreude.

#10673 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

We have seen this show before.
[quoted image]

They actually delivered.....and it’s one of the BEST games this generation.

#10674 3 years ago

Ok marketing lesson #1: If you can’t deliver, announcing a launch and then backing down should get your head of marketing fired. You controlled every variable here in your presentation with no up close audience to spoil any potential smoke and mirrors. Transparency does not win you any points in business. Lying is bad (just ask the founder of Nikkola), but yeesh you could have filmed a promotional video and just shown that even if it was not all real time. Make up the difference as you scramble to production. I mean what the hell was this team doing for the last 6 months that they couldn’t improve on their last show in Texas. This unfortunately may be one of those points where a week or a month later it’s announced that they are going out of business. How is it humanly possible that as bad a position as you were in, you made it actually worse for yourselves.

#10675 3 years ago

Looks sweet to me! I’ve been real interested since the trailer and now am even more .

#10676 3 years ago

Omg - this could be my FAVORITE post of the year, if not decade. Wow - fucking brillant

#10677 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Oh boy

18038C66-74CA-4246-8A32-1809A9F0D481.gif18038C66-74CA-4246-8A32-1809A9F0D481.gif
#10678 3 years ago
7A5AE27E-CBBF-4EBD-A730-8CA1DA786AE9 (resized).jpeg7A5AE27E-CBBF-4EBD-A730-8CA1DA786AE9 (resized).jpeg
#10679 3 years ago

I've been busy. Just catching. up. 14 new pages. Think I'll skip it.

Still hoping people wanting games or are waiting on games. Get something eventually.

LTG : )

#10680 3 years ago

Ever notice that the bigger the bluster, the bigger the fail?

You never see Spooky or American talking shit. They just deliver a game. Same goes for Stern and JJP, mostly.

So be warned, new pinball companies - better to just show up with a game and keep it all in the down low.

#10681 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It still looks better than thunderbirds. Just wear oven mitts when you play it and the palm bruising won't be too bad.

So the hammer test was for the machine or the playfield?

At least Thunderbirds has made it into arcades and peoples homes. Still plenty of arrogance and plenty of nothing from Deeproot.

#10682 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. Nobody can do that for you you lazy fuck!
Tough titty. You want to know whats going on browse the last 4 pages dude, not exactly the magna carta.

You seem like a kind, nice guy. Want to get a beer sometime?

#10683 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Levi is the real deal! a total gent, can't think of a better guy to go out for a beer with!

#10684 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

FYI. You'd have to buy.

#10685 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's almost as though.....how does someone NOT place a beer there? It looks like it was made to hold beer steady...

Reverse beer seal. Funnel the liquid directly into an electronic screen.

It's almost like whoever designed this cabinet has no clue about commercial use. Or even your average pinball party where everyone's half-tipsy and carrying a beverage. Or kids.

#10686 3 years ago

4fsdgq (resized).jpg4fsdgq (resized).jpg

#10687 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But I thought you read everything, sadface.

It's a pretty gitty 14 pages, if your belly likes to jiggle.

You may want to catch up properly

Then again, probably nah.

#10689 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Levi is the real deal! a total gent, can't think of a better guy to go out for a beer with!

Been collecting, buying and trading since 1995. Never heard of him.

#10690 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like the crotch speakers. You could play voice clips there to better help the player.

I'm not sold on 'em. Still haven't evolved ears in place of testicles.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still hoping people wanting games or are waiting on games. Get something eventually.

To summarize...Sorry LTG, but deeproot won't be hiring you anytime soon to help with their support issues...

#10692 3 years ago

You are just joining us? That was posted 14 pages ago.

#10693 3 years ago

I guess the lockdown part is going to show the other half of the lcd screen; the Information and status page. Not bad but not much of an innovation, and a serious risk of breaking a screen; while hurting your hand in play.

#10694 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

One thing I totally don’t get is why this game isn’t powder coated after waiting three years.

Because big shot Bob has a boner for '90s Williams. Stainless is more expensive but seems cheaper to modern buyers, lose/lose.

#10695 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'd beg to differ on that one. Though I suppose I could be an unskilled rando that can't make ramps.

#10696 3 years ago

I do hope RAZA eventually gets released.

#10697 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

But I thought you read everything, sadface.

It's a pretty gitty 14 pages, if your belly likes to jiggle.

You may want to catch up properly

Then again, probably nah.

Been doing the tech support stuff. Catching up on real exciting pinball news. Finally had breakfast an hour an a half ago. May go back and dig through it later.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

To summarize...Sorry LTG, but deeproot won't be hiring you anytime soon to help with their support issues...

Darn. I hate when that happens.

#10698 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

serious risk of breaking a screen; while hurting your hand in play.

Which is why they decided to not even show the "premium" version...that's the one with intricately carved sharp edges on the lockdown bar (and actual radioactive elements in the artwork).

#10699 3 years ago

Wow! This thread is on fire. Just the kind of response you want when doing a reveal...

Oh wait....

#10700 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I had my RFM connected to the internet in 1999. Nothing to see here

Bride 2.0 connects for upgrades and to chart your score live on their website. I've always thought an easy innovation would be to do like Golden Tee and have pins online, you log in, and it pulls up your achievements from all your past games and tells you when you hit new achievements you've never done before. You could also have live tournament modes and play people at other locations. It seems like an easy way to add something new to the pinball experience.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/214 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.