Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

356 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 596 of 669.
#29751 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Has any auction item winners been sent an invoice yet?
It's odd that the item I bid on says... "you may have won" and I haven't been invoiced yet.
Normally invoices go out immediately and they usually charge the credit card on file.

I didn't get mine either. I do feel like they should have addressed it that day. They expect you to call to get an invoice to settle as loadout begins? Uncool.

On an unrelated note, what do they do about all of the 'pallet rack contents'? I got one of those lots but I am not going until Tuesday. If the Guy who bought the actual pallet racks shows up Monday morning, do they get the right to just toss all the shit onto the floor? Does the auctioneer staff do it? How does that work?

#29752 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I think the difference with deeproot was the “endless money” NOBODY guessed this was a huge retirement/insurance scam. The endless funds really threw us off the trail. We all wanted to believe in a JJP level Angel-investor who doesn’t care about profitability and believed in a “growth company”

People did. Questioning of the source of funds was happening all along, along with the questioning of co-mingling between all the different deeproot 'companies' when it was exposed there were all these other businesses. What quieted that concern for a lot of people was when RM was insistent 'there are no investors' and other truth-twists ("its my money") to avoid disclosing how DR pinball was operating. But as iceman let out more and more details about the investment fund angle... it became more and more a question of the separation of those businesses. When the prospectus stuff finally came out and it noted how they could invest in other ventures.. then it was in plain sight there.

Now.. the scam part of defrauding the investors by failing to disclose what was happening and failing to pay them. That was just a spicy side meal most here didn't care about because they weren't investors. People only wanted/cared about pinball reaching a milestone.

When he was BOASTING about his burn rate all kinds of red flags were going off about how the numbers just don't work for traditional pinball sales... leaving only his spiel about breaking into other markets (or big money buyout) as the only ways this thing even makes ANY sense.... and then they came out with RAZA and you knew it was never going to work because after all that noise, he went back to just building a traditional pinball product.

#29753 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I hope you don't mind but I will be donating to Pinside in your name and changing them to red. You guys deserve some recognition.

Ooh, I’m red now. Thanks, Kimmers! One of the reasons I’ve stayed grey was due to being banned a ton due to things I said in this thread.

#29754 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

I didn't get mine either. I do feel like they should have addressed it that day. They expect you to call to get an invoice to settle as loadout begins? Uncool.
On an unrelated note, what do they do about all of the 'pallet rack contents'? I got one of those lots but I am not going until Tuesday. If the Guy who bought the actual pallet racks shows up Monday morning, do they get the right to just toss all the shit onto the floor? Does the auctioneer staff do it? How does that work?

I got my invoice on Friday.

They only work M-F - they said to contact them monday for more information (ie: making a payment). The invoice says you have 24(48?) hours to make payment arrangements and if they don't work out then they'll charge the credit card you have on file -- however, the weekend doesn't factor into this. When I spoke to the auctioneers over the phone, they said I could come by on monday with a check.

They're "asking" the winners of the larger lots to come on the later days (wed/thu) to give everyone a chance to clear everything out. Otherwise yes -- they would just toss your shit on the floor and it may intermingle with everyone else's poorly marked boxes.

#29755 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

They had issues sending them out. I called them yesterday when they sent out the email talking about the issue. Said to call back on monday if I didnt get it
What lot(s) did you get?

I got #24 only but the auctions details say... "You may have won". WTF does that mean? I've been a part of probably 500+ auctions over the last 2-3 decades and never seen you "may have won" this lot.

And, yea they'll unceremoniously put your stuff on the floor. Auction picks up like this are usually chaotic at best. The auction workers generally aren't watching what the item winners are doing and very rarely will they use a checklist and watch what you're walking out the door with. Lots of times, things that you won will be gone... stolen by someone there before you. I count 43 water bottles i won in lot 24. I hope they're all there!
Unvftitled (resized).pngUnvftitled (resized).png

#29756 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Robert is also quoted in an interview from years back that Turner Logic designed their financial systems.

Wasn’t Turner Logic the snack cake king of Dallas? They were supplying deeproot with all the snacks they could order and at all times of day.

#29757 1 year ago

So whatever happened to JPOP?

Deeproot Pinball was started with the intention of "saving" the Zitware games. And their flagship title wasn't a good solid Nordman game but jank-ass RAZA.

A company built on a toxic foundation.

#29758 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

That is the big head scratcher. First, it is a relatively small number of policies, which requires more detailed demographic info to price out. Second, you need to be or work with an actuary to assign value to the policies based on that data. (Either that or someone you trust (who has the aforementioned) tells you it is a good deal at a price of X.)
This is pretty esoteric stuff requiring specialized knowledge. It's not like someone wakes up says, 'hmm, I think I'll diversify my investments...maybe precious metals, or art, or real estate would be good...no, I know, I think I'll buy a small basket of life insurance policies'

I don’t get it either but I’m hoping trustee can shed some light on how it evolved to this point

#29759 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Auction picks up like this are usually chaotic at best. The auction workers generally aren't watching what the item winners are doing and very rarely will they use a checklist and watch what you're walking out the door with. Lots of times, things that you won will be gone... stolen by someone there before you.
[quoted image]

That's pretty disconcerting. For the amount I spent (and the amount of BP they are making off of it) they can 100% afford to pay somebody to make sure the winners are walking off with the correct lots. I plan on walking it when I arrive with a Mel Davis rep and pictures in hand when I arrive and make sure everything in the pictures is present.

#29760 1 year ago

On a related note...anyone have any good ideas on the best way to retrieve my 'mystery boxes'? I'd assume their 'no assistance with loadout' policy would include no assistance in getting this stuff down. God knows what's in it/how heavy it is...I have a hunch we'll be climbing the racks like donkey kong and fireman-bucketing this stuff down...

Screenshot 2022-03-26 171002 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-03-26 171002 (resized).png

#29761 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

On a related note...anyone have any good ideas on the best way to retrieve my 'mystery boxes'? I'd assume their 'no assistance with loadout' policy would include no assistance in getting this stuff down. God knows what's in it/how heavy it is...I have a hunch we'll be climbing the racks like donkey kong and fireman-bucketing this stuff down...
[quoted image]

Bring a ladder?

Call and ask if there's a ladder on-site that you could use?

#29762 1 year ago

Anyone here get lots 47, 58, 75, 78, 79, or 90?

From the looks of it I got a Raza cab and maybe a Raza populated playfield. I would like to get it as complete as I can. I would be interested in any parts I will need. Would love to try to get it flipping but I assume all the software was destroyed. Would need someone's help to get it alive.

If anyone got the display boards (I assume these went to a company that will use them) I would maybe be interested in some to try to make a large led display.

Also if anyone got one of the lots with a hakko station I would be interested in that.

Cant wait to use the ez vacuum former. First project is probably making tool trays for my tools.

#29763 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t get it either but I’m hoping trustee can shed some light on how it evolved to this point

Keep in mind that if the suspicions are true, you may be the person in the best position to prevent a guy (whose best idea has been a bespoke snack service) from becoming an overnight millionaire on the backs of others.

Definitely ask the trustee/counsel what he thinks about the redacted "deeproot funds investment portal" from Turner's website.

#29764 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

[quoted image]

Maybe you can work out a deal with the buyer of the forklift.

#29765 1 year ago
Quoted from Emkay79:

Maybe you can work out a deal with the buyer of the forklift.

I had actually considered that as an option

#29766 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

I had actually considered that as an option

Forklift person could probably make back their investment on the day just hiring out their services

#29767 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

What if he was just a figment of our imagination all along?

#29768 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What if he was just a figment of our imagination all along?

Some sort of magical "anti-muse" that sucks creativity from people...

#29769 1 year ago

JPOP was the friends we made along the way.

#29770 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Deeproot Pinball was started with the intention of "saving" the Zitware games. And their flagship title wasn't a good solid Nordman game but jank-ass RAZA.
A company built on a toxic foundation.

I’m hoping jpop is diving in a kfc dumpster,

Mumbling to himself, there’s one with meat on it.

#29771 1 year ago

I had my picture taken eating KFC on a garbage can. The start of covid you could not dine in, lasted here almost 2 years at certain locations.

#29772 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I had my picture taken eating KFC on a garbage can

#29773 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:I had my picture taken eating KFC on a garbage can. The start of covid you could not dine in, lasted here almost 2 years at certain locations.

Well let's see it!

#29774 1 year ago

The Salt Lake "Deep rot Studios". It's like he tried to come up with ways to blow more $$$.

At least there were tools, equipment, office furniture and exercise equipment ( ) to show for some of the $$$ blown in San Antonio.

The "auditorium". Great F ing idea Bobby. The $100k exercise room. Another great F ing idea Bobby.

I still can't get over what i witnessed walking through that place. In my mind i was picturing a Spooky type setup except in a huge building.

Why not just take a trip to Benton, Wisconsin and find out how to do things pinball related? Could have saved tens of millions of dollars Bobby, and possibly avoided jail.

The bottom line? This guy took in $57 million, a feat unto itself, and literally did not know how to deliver a 5% return with a 7% bonus over 5 years. So he just flushed the money. That simple.

The investment advisors? Those guys ought to have their licensing revoked. What gave them the comfort level to invest with Bobby with zero track record, other than the 8% commission they made?

I assumed they must of done SOME due diligence. Geez, several years $57 million later. Why did it take so long is the real question?

#29775 1 year ago

So..for anyone heading up to Deep Root HQ next week for the auction, I am going up there Tuesday...and would be interested in making game deals!
I for one am looking to trade (mostly n-for-1) for some games, Sys11-DMD...can maybe add some cash where applicable.
You can look at my collection, but for convenience I have:
Cyclone
Jokerz
Phantom of the Opera
Jurassic Park Lost World
Mr/Ms PacMan
Hyperball
Carribean Cruise (x2)
Eros One
Lethal Weapon 3
Rescue 911
vPin
...if anyone has any interest in trading for any of these titles, let me know before Tuesday! I'd love to rotate and liven up the collection!

#29776 1 year ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

I *believe* I got most of the stuff to build the cabinets (I think all the wood and half the metal) and most of the playfields, ramp molds, and it's something I'd like to make available as complete as possible...I am kicking myself for not going higher on the 2 other 'scrap metal' lots.
I you are the winner(s) of the scrap metal (lot 309, lot 363) or have any other unique assemblies: PLEASE reach out to me. I can hand you a bit of quick profit and/or I have other stuff to trade (playfields, rotisseries, etc) that may be of interest to you.

In terms of the metal parts, lots 360 (which you got) looks like the best one for playfield parts, so that was excellent I see quite a few rear habit rails and up kicker/scoop parts which are hopefully for RAZA and will be v useful. I also hope as you say whoever won those other 'scrap' metal lots is willing to trade with you or sell etc. Recycling it all would be a shame. Fingers crossed you are successful.

#29777 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You guys deserve some recognition.

84210B9C-C0E5-4B89-824A-BF2DE75697E1 (resized).jpeg84210B9C-C0E5-4B89-824A-BF2DE75697E1 (resized).jpeg
#29778 1 year ago

Was jpop part of the auction ? Or wasn't he considered an asset. Or were there no bids for him ?

#29779 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

In terms of the metal parts, lots 360 (which you got) looks like the best one for playfield parts, so that was excellent I see quite a few rear habit rails and up kicker/scoop parts which are hopefully for RAZA and will be v useful. I also hope as you say whoever won those other 'scrap' metal lots is willing to trade with you or sell etc. Recycling it all would be a shame. Fingers crossed you are successful.

Thanks Jim! PM sent!

#29780 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Some sort of magical "anti-muse" that sucks creativity from people...

Psych analysis incoming …;

JPOP is a black hole. A black hole is a cosmic body of extremely intense gravity from which even light cannot escape. Black holes usually cannot be observed directly, but they can be “observed” by the effects of their enormous gravitational fields on nearby matter

Robert Mueller is a megalomaniac. A megalomaniac is a pathological egotist, that is, someone with a psychological disorder with symptoms like delusions of grandeur and an obsession with power. We also use the word megalomaniac more informally for people who behave as if they're convinced of their absolute power and greatness. Your garden-variety egomaniac might be self-centered and overconfident but he's a little softy compared with the megalomaniac RM, who wants to control the world.

#29781 1 year ago

Considering how many people are gonna try to build a RAZA using these parts, it looks like John's dream of the games being built in your homes came true!

I think he just wanted to travel around to cheat on his wife.

#29782 1 year ago

Ben he wanted you along to do the work.

#29783 1 year ago

I always wondered about that option to have JPOP come to my house for 2 days and help me assemble my RAZA and paying $1k more than having a completed game shipped. I thought this was always going to ship as a complete game, unless you wanted to build a kit. It must have been the opportunity to meet and interact with a rogue designer that was appealing.

#29784 1 year ago

I'm a little depressed. Aside from Bobby maybe going to jail, the saga has come to an end. Now we just have Andrew MacBain and the Ballarama crew, and their fuckery is just not up to Deeproot standards.

#29785 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm a little depressed. Aside from Bobby maybe going to jail, the saga has come to an end. Now we just have Andrew MacBain and the Ballarama crew, and their fuckery is just not up to Deeproot standards.

No way, no how. The saga has chapters yet to come.

#29786 1 year ago

And a possible screenplay staring Detective B.B. Johnson

#29787 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is there a thread regarding this Andrew McBain fellow? I like popcorn.

#29789 1 year ago

True! We haven't even gotten to the SEC criminal probe yet!

And the inevitable stupidity of some new dumb company trying to spin up RAZA again.

#29790 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

And the inevitable stupidity of some new dumb company trying to spin up RAZA again.

I have serious doubts we’ve seen the last of Jpop.

In a way, he’s been able to shift the stench of scam and failure from himself over to Rmule.

He’ll be back!

#29791 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, you do have Haggis too. Not as dramatic or as drawn out but still has many preorder'ers on the edge of their seats.

#29793 1 year ago
#29794 1 year ago

Looks like the 2 interested parties did not win anything that I have been talking with.

#29795 1 year ago

Looks like the 2 interested parties did not win anything that I have been talking with.

Probably for the best for you

Best of luck with your next product tho

#29796 1 year ago

Hopefully at least one of these parties are real.

#29797 1 year ago

Quoted from benheck:

SEC case + criminal case are two distinct and as yet unresolved cases. The bankruptcy case is another because the auction was just clearing Robert's shit out of other people's buildings.

Other ongoing areas of interest:

- TuYo's insurance assets takeover

- Will the millions in forgiven PPP loans ever get a real look?

- LLCs not included in the current bankruptcy filings

- The assets and IPs that weren't part of the recent auction (and who if anyone tries to do something with any of them)

- Seeing if the documentary crew that shot the deep sixed reveal has more footage

- Former staff bringing more to the fore as they feel increasingly comfortable doing so

We're approaching 30k posts. I'd be surprised if we don't make it to 40k.

#29798 1 year ago

Literally, no one cares.

#29799 1 year ago

Did the trustee sponsor TPF this year?

#29800 1 year ago

You obviously want to make more money in pinball. So do I! Christ knows when my CGC games gets done. But please, there's many ways to do it without piggy-backing off the next failed attempt to bring JPOOP's games to life.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 596 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/596 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.