• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 669.
#13301 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Meh. Not for me. Colorful artwork with flashy lights though, but so was Cosmic Carnival. I'm still interested in what the Nordman Whitewater 2 game looks like, but the more I see of the Pinbar the less I like it and I never liked it to begin with.
Is it dimpling yet? The light up cabinet does look good.

Cosmic Carnival still is a whole different thing.

#13302 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Where can you watch the stream?

Scrolling is hard.

#13304 3 years ago

Ugh... I don't know why, but I'm having difficulties watching this.

#13305 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ugh... I don't know why, but I'm having difficulties watching this.

That chick talking over the pin is like nails on a chalkboard.

#13306 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Scrolling is hard.

Given the shitshow that this thread has become....I would rather not. I certainly did not see it when I asked, but maybe I missed something going in and back out of the thread.

#13307 3 years ago

Glad You said it and not me but...

Quoted from BillySastard:

That chick talking over the pin is like nails on a chalkboard.

#13308 3 years ago

The pinbar looks be the most innovative part of Deeproot. Very impressed by the user interface and menu

#13309 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Given the shitshow that this thread has become....I would rather not. I certainly did not see it when I asked, but maybe I missed something going in and back out of the thread.

8 postings above yours but you have an argument!

#13310 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Glad You said it and not me but...

...while everyone silently agrees, it‘s still disrespectful; is what you wanted to say.

#13311 3 years ago

Game. Changer.

Congrats to deeproot...looks fantastic!!! Hopefully they announce in the very near future when RAZA will be available for purchase!

#13312 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The pinbar looks be the most innovative part of Deeproot. Very impressed by the user interface and menu

I don‘t care yet, but I also don‘t mind. There is potential.

Still kinda bummed there seems none of their „story telling“.

#13313 3 years ago

the same haunting calliope music gets old fast.

#13314 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Game. Changer.

Well... as long as theres 25% „revenge tax“ on new pinball imports in europe, sadly nothing will change here for the near future. XD

#13315 3 years ago

Multiball looks pretty cool. Ramp looks great. Love the animations. Music is good. The moving targets look fun. I have no idea why it has a cyclone ferris wheel. That was cool in 1981, but it's weak as shit by today's standards.

#13316 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

8 postings above yours but you have an argument!

Again, I thought I had seen all the posts from the last 2 pages. My deepest apologies. Hopefully you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

#13317 3 years ago

It looked fine. Now do a stream of the factory with people putting together games.

#13318 3 years ago

How do I watch the stream now that it's over?

#13319 3 years ago

I'm glad I watched... game looks encouraging.

Let's see when they start taking orders.

#13320 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It looked fine. Now do a stream of the factory with people putting together games.

Agreed...that is the next massive hurdle. As great as I think it looks, none of this will matter if they can’t build them.

#13321 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Again, I thought I had seen all the posts from the last 2 pages. My deepest apologies. Hopefully you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

I allready did!

#13322 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

How do I watch the stream now that it's over?

May not be available to watch until tomorrow

#13323 3 years ago

Didn’t watch but curious. Did they talk price points? How much is this going to cost?

#13324 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed...that is the next massive hurdle. As great as I think it looks, none of this will matter if they can’t build them.

The way RM adressed that when asked was encouraging because realistic.

He dodged if manufacturing was allready running but he did say that they will have to have a very slow start getting some games out (and these doing minimum word of mouth advertising to keep production rolling).

#13325 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm glad I watched... game looks encouraging.
Let's see when they start taking orders.

They already have a few. (;

#13326 3 years ago

It’s encouraging but after all this time, it lacks modes and animations. The light effects looks good though.
I think the lack of software was already something point out with the first prototype in 2019... not much work has been done for that.
At least they have a pinball show and that, I have to say, is something positive at last.
Is it me or the game drains often?

#13327 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Didn’t watch but curious. Did they talk price points? How much is this going to cost?

pricing released in the next two weeks, i thought i heard them say

#13328 3 years ago

Do other pinball machines have those little dot lights along the side? I'm trying to remember. It makes it look weirdly cheap. And would there be a way to disable the obnoxious gameplay stop-start of the pinbar inputs? Layout is so-so. For a company that was going to eat the competition alive, they're below American Pinball at the moment. Hot Wheels is better than this. However, I thought the female presenter was charmingly enthusiastic.

#13329 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Impressive echo down there for sure. You must have been exceptionally forthright!, longest suppression order I got was 7 days ...
Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. This thread though, now that's entertainment!!

You CAN‘T discuss Covid without discussing politics, and I had way too much funny ‚political’ pics!

#13330 3 years ago

Pros:

1) Voice work is good, typography and graphics on screen(s) are well done
2) Pinbar looks less painful
3) Great light show
4) Wraparound backbox design is awesome

Cons:

1) Stolen Ferris Wheel from Cyclone, in same location on PF even.
2) Lots of brick shots, ball rattle, bad returns and nothing for the ball to interact with.
3) Animations are very rudimentary, basic "puppet pivot" After Effects stuff - what did the "Disney Quality" Avalanche Studios guys do exactly?
4) No zombies (because John just used zombies as a trojan horse so you'd fund his Python Angelo tribute carnival themed game)
5) No obvious modes shown for a game that is apparently "shipping soon!"

All in all, a pinball game is what's ON THE PLAYFIELD. I don't see much on this PF. It's very telling that 99% of the DR fluff has been about everything BUT the game itself.

Best of luck, but it ain't gonna sell much.

#13331 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pros:
1) Voice work is good, typography and graphics on screen(s) are well done
2) Pinbar looks less painful
3) Great light show
4) Wraparound backbox design is awesome
Cons:
1) Stolen Ferris Wheel from Cyclone, in same location on PF even.
2) Lots of brick shots, ball rattle, bad returns and nothing for the ball to interact with.
3) Animations are very rudimentary, basic "puppet pivot" After Effects stuff - what did the "Disney Quality" Avalanche Studios guys do exactly?
4) No zombies (because John just used zombies as a trojan horse so you'd fund his Python Angelo tribute carnival themed game)
5) No obvious modes shown for a game that is apparently "shipping soon!"
All in all, a pinball game is what's ON THE PLAYFIELD. I don't see much on this PF. It's very telling that 99% of the DR fluff has been about everything BUT the game itself.

Possibly not meant to sell a bunch as much as to sell as many as they can, while getting the jpop guys off his ass.

Here's hoping Food Truck shows the true DR and changes pinball as we know it, and promised!

#13332 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't see much on this PF. It's very telling that 99% of the DR fluff has been about everything BUT the game itself.

I couldn’t agree more. Where are the toys? That was something I had high expectation and it’s much closer from a « cyclone » than any recent modern games or late 90s BW.

#13333 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I couldn’t agree more. Where are the toys? That was something I had high expectation and it’s much closer from a « cyclone » than any recent modern games or late 90s BW.

After all this, you expected more? Shit, color me impressed anything is happening.

#13334 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

After all this, you expected more? Shit, color me impressed anything is happening.

It seems that the main toy shake and that’s about it and then... we have « cyclone » wheel.
You’re right, I lowered my expectations anyhow but it’s even below what I was expecting for that.
Maybe, the lack of toys is a cost saving for having a costly pinbar... which I’m not a fan.

#13335 3 years ago

So my thoughts

1. SOoooo I guess this is what John's vision has been trying to output for the past 7 years? The theme still feels so scatter brain. Aliens come to an abandoned theme park to do what exactly? Are you fighting them to leave the planet?
2. The animations are decent, but there's so few of them. I realize software is easy to update as you go, but I would have expected more seeing how he has (or had) a team of animators. It feels like placeholders a homebrew project would stick in until they figure out where they want to storyline to go
3. The layout is definitely JPOP. Swoopy ramps, and re-use all those old EM mechs instead of inventing something new.
4. That display in the backbox just kills me, even more so seeing it on a typical multi-window stream. I can't stand redundancy for no reason whatsoever in design. If anything it should be the complete opposite, each feature should have multiple functions.
5. This is still going to be a hard sell. I realize this wasn't meant to be a high seller (more so to satisfy zidware customers and test out their manufacturing / design), but that playfield feels cluttered.. like playing a data east batman.

#13336 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

It seems that the main toy shake and that’s about it and then... we have « cyclone » wheel.
You’re right, I lowered my expectations anyhow but it’s even below what I was expecting for that.
Maybe, the lack of toys is a cost saving for having a costly pinbar... which I’m not a fan.

Magnets under playfield? Someone said 3.

If so kind of like guardians.

#13337 3 years ago

My take on it is that they said a lot of things that are actually irrelevant. Much talk about the pinbar and what it can do and really nothing about the game. I cannot help but wonder what those "experts" have been doing there the last years. Even the left slingshot did not work and the flippers were missaligned. Great preparation and shows the passion they have for pinball.

I for one do not like the pinbar. I want to play pinball on a pinball machine, I can touch my iPad all day if I want. And I do not care much how many times I have shot the ramp or any shot, the score will reflect better how I did. I like innovation, but on the playfield, not on yet another screen which will be filthy as hell very quickly. Imagine eating some chips while waiting and then playing. Nice.

I am almost certain it will also not last very long with heated players banging on it. My opinion is that it just is not necessary. Screen and the service buttons we have now do actually do much of the same as the pinbar does. Simple and effective and even usable without looking on the buttons.

#13338 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

It has a ferris wheel, a roto target, a side moving „goalie“ target, that ned mold above it with animated guns and shaking, that two way tower ramp, two magnets, that spinning floating disc toy, multiple molds...

You cant see it all due to the overhead perspective.

#13339 3 years ago

Two gameplay concerns:

-It looks like the ramp isn't makable from the right flipper due to the geometry. Did anyone see a successful ramp shot from the right flipper?
-It looks to be a very defensive game with a couple of close brick shots (such as the rubber on right side of the ramp.

#13341 3 years ago

Front legs still turned up on production machine?

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.52.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.52.59 PM (resized).png
#13342 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It has a ferris wheel, a roto target, a side moving „goalie“ target, that ned mold above it with animated guns and shaking, that two way tower ramp, two magnets, that spinning floating disc toy, multiple molds...

Exactly. If you want toys go shop at a toy store and fill your cart. RAZA is loaded with actual mechs...which I prefer over “toys”.

#13343 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's a Cyclone ferris wheel, the WCS goalie and the TOTAN spinner.

John recycles so much he'd make Al Gore blush.

#13344 3 years ago

Honestly, I watched the Twitch feed and I though it looked pretty awesome. I liked the pinbar, the lit up sides, the backlass and playfield art, all that stuff looked tight. The big long orbit and ramp shots looked fun and satisfying. The color changing lighting looked fantastic. From what I could hear of the sound it seemed great. I didn't get a good feel for the gameplay, but it looked fast. My first impression was it's a pretty impressive debut game for a new company.

#13345 3 years ago

I'm about 4 pages behind on reading, but I just finished watching Problem Child 2 with the family and they had a pin in the background. It caught my eye because it looked like JPOPS new backbox design. Check this out:

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.19.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.19.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.20.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-21 at 9.20.48 PM (resized).png

#13346 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You know though that a lot of people are going to love those nods to those games, which are still all pretty popular and we love nostalgia in pinball. We love when a Williams cow appears in games, we love a new Black Knight with callbacks to the games before it, we love revamped versions of MM, AFM and MB, we are always clamoring for mods and updates to old games or new games in a series. I personally dig that stuff, I dunno about the rest of you.

#13347 3 years ago

#13348 3 years ago

The RAZA stream is now archived and available. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/811329223

#13349 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John recycles so much he'd make Al Gore blush.

Your obsession with JPop is concerning. Please let it go...or should I say...let him go. You come across as bitter and clearly have a personal vendetta against him. I’m sorry if you got screwed by him, I truly am, deal with him in private if need be. Some of us are excited about RAZA and what deeproot is trying to accomplish and not your personal business regarding JPop. You have made your point clear countless times. So moving on...

What are your thoughts on the Pinbar and how it can enhance the pinball experience? To me, it does not take away from the magic that is pinball, and will only enhance the overall experience and replace an archaic menu, testing, and user interface. The possibilities are exciting!

#13350 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You know though that a lot of people are going to love those nods to those games, which are still all pretty popular and we love nostalgia in pinball. We love when a Williams cow appears in games, we love a new Black Knight with callbacks to the games before it, we love revamped versions of MM, AFM and MB, we are always clamoring for mods and updates to old games or new games in a series. I personally dig that stuff, I dunno about the rest of you.

Agree 100%

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.