• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 541 of 669.
#27001 2 years ago

Good stuff coming.

Btw, do we know what layout this is?

2 - lt9OMbS (resized).jpg2 - lt9OMbS (resized).jpg

#27002 2 years ago

It can't be Jpop, as it's not made out of paper and dreams.

#27003 2 years ago

These photos of various pinball designs in different stages of development really remind me of how wrong Phil from Dutch Pinball was at expo when he disparaged Gary Stern for saying he was in the manufacturing business instead of "the pinball business".

ALL of these failed startups got it wrong by thinking themselves as Pinball companies first.

dr is the most extreme example of what can happen when you play pinball arts and crafts and not build a manufacturing business.

#27004 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Good stuff coming.
[quoted image]

well it can't be foodtruck, that has a wood upper playfield in the upper left and a straight clear ramp on the right
I don't think it's The Who because it shows a spinner on the left (unless the meter is blocking that), but it also shows a metal ramp right next to it.

So that leaves:
Fire and brimstone
Merlin's arcade
Gladiator
Yukon Yeti
Machine Age
Alice
Combative racing license
Multiplex
Popular board game license
80s movie license
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-platform-pinbar-pinarmor-ecosystem-future-games-and-future-plans

#27005 2 years ago

Good stuff coming.
[quoted image]

Looks tough to make that steeper ramp that heads to the left side. Layout is cool though. Love seeing these whitewoods - and commentary— this is awesome!

Just makes me even more curious what happened to all of these. Ceased as assets by SEC? Sitting in rms basement? Sucks to see all these designs and white woods lost

#27006 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Sucks to see all these designs and white woods lost

Seems like any whitewoods that were built (other than that foamcore nordman built) were CNC'd, which means they were put into CAD. It's quite possible anything Barry was working on, he could have his own personal backup seeing as how unstable things were with payroll.

#27007 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

well it can't be foodtruck, that has a wood upper playfield in the upper left and a straight clear ramp on the right
I don't think it's The Who because it shows a spinner on the left (unless the meter is blocking that), but it also shows a metal ramp right next to it.
So that leaves:
Fire and brimstone
Merlin's arcade
Gladiator
Yukon Yeti
Machine Age
Alice
Combative racing license
Multiplex
Popular board game license
80s movie license
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-platform-pinbar-pinarmor-ecosystem-future-games-and-future-plans

I’ll eliminate a couple that were supposed to be homages to classic games.

Merlin’s is supposed to be a modern EBD.
Gladiator is supposed to be Space Cadet
Title TBD is Black Hole
I don’t think it’s supposed to be a whitewater sequel.

It doesn’t have the alleged coin pusher that Goonies would have had. Speaking of, what’s the center mech supposed to be. Iron Monger lifting out of the playfield?

The lightning bolt insert makes me want to guess JPop…

#27008 2 years ago

Those boards would have cost DR a fortune.

Also the one video.. Took me a minute to realize that's the BOTTOM OF A PF! What a mess... Compare that to a Stern.

As for the WW... Feel free to buy them during the SEC auction as they spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars trying to claw back 1 million for victims.

#27009 2 years ago

This was for the cycle tester! Someone forgot to cal the voltage regulators and signed off as "CALIBRATED"

That's a cheap off the shelf board from China:
https://www.amazon.com/Supplies-Converter-6-5V-60V-1-25-30V-Adjustable/dp/B07TNQ52SM/ref=sr_1_85

You can see by the reviews it doesn't work well. Not saying all these boards are crap, some work decently. But many of them are designed to "just work" but aren't reliable long term. But it's also possible someone didn't adjust that pot and it was putting out a very high voltage it wasn't supposed to be (IE not "calibrated")
83ca9bb17fafdfb831704c59b00664d84a748771 (resized).jpg83ca9bb17fafdfb831704c59b00664d84a748771 (resized).jpg

#27010 2 years ago

Something I just noticed in the photo above is a Teensy 3.6 module: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy36.html

I use that a lot for a game testing device I sell to devs. Nice, but expensive and as you can see in the link a lot of the IO is "buried" and not available on the pins.

Guessing this was part of their PLUG & PLAY THROUGH HOLE FOREVER strategy but man.... SOOOO expensive. Talking a $35 board vs $9 for the chip itself if you embedded it.

Maybe this wasn't final hardware? I mean, shipping June 2019 right?

#27011 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Something I just noticed in the photo above is a Teensy 3.6 module: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy36.html
I use that a lot for a game testing device I sell to devs. Nice, but expensive and as you can see in the link a lot of the IO is "buried" and not available on the pins.
Guessing this was part of their PLUG & PLAY THROUGH HOLE FOREVER strategy but man.... SOOOO expensive. Talking a $35 board vs $9 for the chip itself if you embedded it.
Maybe this wasn't final hardware? I mean, shipping June 2019 right?

Agreed they made some very expensive board decisions. I remember I did a proto one time piggybacked on an Arduino and told my new engineer to lay it out into a full board. He came back with essentially a refined Arduino shield. When asked why he would do that instead of integrate into a single board he told me he didn’t want to reinvent the wheel. I had to explain board costs to him and how a common failure point on 80s video game pcbs is the interconnects themselves. He didn’t make that mistake again.

What really grabs me here though is the amount of unnecessary development work. They seem to have spent an inordinate amount on custom design work (which ain’t cheap) to solve a problem that nobody actually had, coming up with a solution that might in fact be a bit more failure prone. This is Engineers Gone Wild and yet another example of nobody driving the bus. Your goal as manager is to reign in every engineers worst tendencies to over design everything. The number of incomplete white woods (as opposed to anything resembling a finished playfield) just shows how off the rails the entire enterprise was.

#27012 2 years ago

Good stuff coming.
[quoted image]

The two entrance ramps that feed the ball to the other side instead of an inlane or different flipper is super LOL just like everything else DR. And the upper "playfield" that only has rubber posts was shitty back on Al's Garage Band thirty years ago and truly embarrassing today. It's unbelievable how far RMs head was up his ass dear lord

#27013 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ALL of these failed startups got it wrong by thinking themselves as Pinball companies first.

There is nothing wrong with thinking pinball first not worring about manufacturing. Not even spending a ton of time and money getting proto put together. Scott Gullicks, Scott Danesi, Ben Heck and Keith Elwin can attest to that.

The issue is selling prospects of production games and/or bad mouthing companies producing and delivering games before having an A-Z plan ready yourself. A realistic plan that you are making real and fulfilling purchase commitments.

#27014 2 years ago

What do you expect for 50 million anymore? It’s clear Robert need 100 million and Raza he would have gotten 100 RAZA made.

#27015 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Bible Adventures...

Bible Adventures sounds like the a multi floppy early 90s pc game and not a pinball machine. Might I suggest rebranding the title to this epic and much anticipated release to … The Holy Roller

#27016 2 years ago

Jeez hope more was done with the 50mil then these photos are showing…

#27017 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Jeez hope more was done with the 50mil then these photos are showing…

***Not pictured*** weddings, cruises, Hawaiian condo, private school education, divorce lawyer bills, Starbucks tabs "allegedly"

#27018 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

... Your goal as manager is to reign ....

I actually think this is what RM did... REIGN over the plebs working for him

(as opposed to managing by listening, guiding, pushing when needed and reining in when appropriate)

#27019 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

***Not pictured*** weddings, cruises, Hawaiian condo, divorce lawyer bills, Starbucks tabs

Did deeproot produce more wives for Robert than it produced functioning pins?

#27020 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Bible Adventures sounds like the a multi floppy early 90s pc game and not a pinball machine. Might I suggest rebranding the title to this epic and much anticipated release to … The Holy Roller

License Holy Smoke from Iron Maiden

#27021 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Agreed they made some very expensive board decisions. I remember I did a proto one time piggybacked on an Arduino and told my new engineer to lay it out into a full board. He came back with essentially a refined Arduino shield. When asked why he would do that instead of integrate into a single board he told me he didn’t want to reinvent the wheel. I had to explain board costs to him and how a common failure point on 80s video game pcbs is the interconnects themselves. He didn’t make that mistake again.
What really grabs me here though is the amount of unnecessary development work. They seem to have spent an inordinate amount on custom design work (which ain’t cheap) to solve a problem that nobody actually had, coming up with a solution that might in fact be a bit more failure prone. This is Engineers Gone Wild and yet another example of nobody driving the bus. Your goal as manager is to reign in every engineers worst tendencies to over design everything. The number of incomplete white woods (as opposed to anything resembling a finished playfield) just shows how off the rails the entire enterprise was.

Lots of background on these and various other things. Hopefully forthcoming. I'd reserve judgment on blame attribution.

#27022 2 years ago

Christmas just came early and Robert opened a second extension:

"Text Order GRANTING Motion for Extension of Time to Answer entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. The deadline for all Defendants and Relief Defendants to file an answer is hereby extended through and until December 20, 2021."

#27023 2 years ago

Since we all love Robert stories (and I hope to be able to share a bunch more of those soon), it's easy to think of deeproot as nothing but a shit show.
However, there were also smart people at deeproot who dedicated a lot of time and effort into projects that will unfortunately never see the light of day. I'm glad to be able to share some of their work so it doesn't totally disappear down the memory hole.
Provided with commentary from the source. Links are to full-res videos because I don't know how to embed them (let me know if you do).
Technology/manufacturing nerds, I'm counting on you to bring color to whatever the hell we're looking at.
[quoted image]
LED current @ 5V... I think =P
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Just the tip (https://imgur.com/WAfkdB4)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I/O board. Daughter boards had access to 12v & 48V. You would essentially build a custom machine by populating the coils or lamps/motors daughter boards. (https://imgur.com/9izeOEJ)
[quoted image]
Then we made 12V or 48V only boards. Same thing as earlier but the Inputs were removed.
[quoted image]
Voltage isolation is a necessary evil.
[quoted image]
Two motor driver boards
[quoted image]
LED indicators were really nice for troubleshooting
[quoted image]
Surely no one would install these backwards ...
[quoted image]
The green boards were expensive, so we added most of the components to the main board and only made the mosfets removable. (Small green board) I think some people love thru hole components because they like inserting things in holes....
[quoted image]
Robert soda selection
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
RED 5V, BLUE DIG, YEL 12V, VIO 48V, but we ran out of VIO so we used red, T H I C C instead...
[quoted image]
https://imgur.com/VfoXmy2
[quoted image]
Able to kill the 48V for servicing mechs inside.
[quoted image]
These were neat boards. We ended up not need to replace that many mosfets at this stage. However, we figured it would make demo to show a quick repair.
[quoted image]
We measured other games flipper strength, like dialed in & gophers. (https://imgur.com/f1rJLfA)
[quoted image]
So this is fun. The brown noses would ask for 10 games worth of boards. We would optimize our sheets to lower the cost. 2 weeks later they would arrive. Then we would only receive parts for 2-3 games. When asked where the remainder of the parts are, they would reply they ordered less because money is tight.
[quoted image]
Cable tested, we couldn't afford the rights parts sooo better than nothing.
[quoted image]
Someone forgot to order the fuse holder. The substitute works.
[quoted image]
This was for the cycle tester! Someone forgot to cal the voltage regulators and signed off as "CALIBRATED"

Happy Monday.

Follow-ups on these ^ and related discussions:

The layout was "Gladiator." That one was my least favorite since a lot of compromises were made. I was looking forward to making the magnetic center mech too! Would have been neat to get the ball to spiral to the center. The few times I got to play it, it seemed everyone involved in the design had only played Space Cadet for 1-2 hours and didn't understand the different missions in the game. Hence why the layout looks different from the Windows Version (Also the windows version is physically impossible to make true ).

We had as many whitewoods as Robert would want. We would ask at various stages to complete one game and sell it, but he didn't care much for that.

The Teensy 3.6 was actually for the cycle tester where we pushed the "innovations" to at least 1 million cycles. I personally don't think our product was innovative, more of a generic hardware update. We had about 5-7 pins in the office to learn from. Dialed In, Gophers & TNT were some of our favorites. We usually enjoyed playing Ghostbusters until we realized a lot of servos were burned out and limited our progression through the game storyline.

Internally Robert wanted the games to carry a 10 year warranty! We told him no, and then he went and made a public announcement to that regard. When we asked him why, he would reply to the lines of, "I talked to management and they said we could do it." I'm thinking management was just as surprised as we were =P

So regarding the designer games, they were pretty awful CAD files by today's standards. Take a program like Illustrator/AutoCAD and print out a drawing to call it CAD. Sure it was aided but was missing a lot of details to manufacture the games. At a point we had ~10 engineers converting the designer files to Solidworks CAM. J-Pop had 3D models that lacked sheet metal patterns or were impossible to assemble as designed. So yes, there is a vault with all the playfields, mechs, firmware etc. Who will win the IP auction?

A lot of the design/work that we did was probably due to Robert souring relationships with vendors/suppliers or cost. We would see a 35 dollar part as a good deal, he would hear from someone that part had 2.50 in raw materials and decided it's worth the investment to manufacture that in house >.>

Lastly, Robert had a decent size collection in his living room. On two occasions we got to visit and play on the machines. We destroyed his high scores XD. I would estimate he had 10-15 machines. He made a mention the next work meeting that certain names showed up on his machines. Noting in a joking way that he wasn't going to invite us again

#27024 2 years ago

So regarding the designer games, they were pretty awful CAD files by today's standards. Take a program like Illustrator/AutoCAD and print out a drawing to call it CAD. Sure it was aided but was missing a lot of details to manufacture the games. At a point we had ~10 engineers converting the designer files to Solidworks CAM. J-Pop had 3D models that lacked sheet metal patterns or were impossible to assemble as designed. So yes, there is a vault with all the playfields, mechs, firmware etc. Who will win the IP auction?

That's crazy. I know John's Solidworks skills are very limited, and it shows when I worked with him briefly. I'll never forget that one video where he's showing a sheet metal part he designed that he's measuring with a pair of calipers talking about how he messed up a dimension and he has to get a new one made. Either you know Solidworks or you don't. I've created many sheet metal parts which really aren't difficult so long as you understand how it's fabricated. I create the sheet metal part as a regular solid, then use sheet metal conversion to create my bend marks. You can literally hand over a 2-d drawing that has all the bend lines and any shop should be able to CNC or waterjet that part out, make the bends, and weld up the seams. It's almost impossible to screw up because Solidworks won't allow you to create a sheet metal part that isn't possible to make.

As for Barry, I know when I visited him back in like 2006? when he still lived in chicago, he really wanted to learn solidworks. He was using an old copy someone from Stern lent him but it wouldn't run on his computer (I think he was on 64-bit windows trying to run 32-bit solidworks), but he's very much old school. Pretty sure he can use autocad, but that's about it.

#27025 2 years ago

Lastly, Robert had a decent size collection in his living room. On two occasions we got to visit and play on the machines. We destroyed his high scores XD. I would estimate he had 10-15 machines. He made a mention the next work meeting that certain names showed up on his machines. Noting in a joking way that he wasn't going to invite us again

I always liked when visitors put their initials on my machines. It was evidence that I wasn't a complete loner .

#27026 2 years ago

I'm very confused...

I was told this
Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.44-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.27.44-AM (resized).png

And somehow this
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

Became this
78da3d2827c89ac4449a7d9a4084c94e2fe7d23a (resized).jpg78da3d2827c89ac4449a7d9a4084c94e2fe7d23a (resized).jpg

What?

My only logical conclusion is the slide was made before they realized Space Cadet is physically impossible. Subways not galore

#27027 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm very confused...
I was told this
[quoted image]
And somehow this
[quoted image]
Became this
[quoted image]
What?
My only logical conclusion is the slide was made before they realized Space Cadet is physically impossible. Subways not galore

Have to agree that this interpretation of “Space Cadet” seems to have been put together by a real… Space Cadet?

Gotta be careful here and clarify that I (and I assume we, generally) aren’t insulting the source providing this information. The details are much appreciated, even if some of it is a little confusing. Keep it coming, oh anonymous veteran of the Deeproot Wars!

#27028 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Have to agree that this interpretation of “Space Cadet” seems to have been put together by a real… Space Cadet?
Gotta be careful here and clarify that I (and I assume we, generally) aren’t insulting the source providing this information. The details are much appreciated, even if some of it is a little confusing. Keep it coming, oh anonymous veteran of the Deeproot Wars!

There will be more goodness forthcoming. Timelines TBD.

I should also note that I've thus far shared things from at least four former employees. So don't read everything I post as coming from the same persons, time periods, or perspectives (though there are definitely some very commonly held perspectives!).

#27029 2 years ago

Working on more stuff. Timeline TBD.
I should also note that I've thus far shared things from at least four former employees. So don't read everything I post as coming from the same persons, time periods, or perspectives (though there are definitely some very commonly held perspectives!).

I'd be interested in knowing when these folks finally broke through the denial stage and starting to move toward acceptance. Was it when the checks started getting delayed? Before? After?

When did the resume polishing start to begin en masse?

#27030 2 years ago

Did they do any work to make rules for some of these whitewoods? I'm curious if it was like JPop plopping down art and inserts and telling someone else to figure out what they did after the fact.

I remember hearing some highfalutin talk about Unity making it so easy to program the games with some sort of visual element. I'm sure this was a joke in practice and poorly executed, but I am curious how many whitewoods had a semblance of a game skeleton started or even fleshed out. I'm talking the step beyond just getting the coils to fire and the most rudimentary of functionality. Like here is the basic of a multiball programmed, a skillshot, mode qualification/select, etc... maybe even with some basic lightshows and sounds associated with them.

I'm guessing that Mueller and the brownnosers vastly underestimated the whole coding aspect (like everything else), were easily distracted from finishing any one project, and prone to making radical changes on a whim.

Bowden had a lot of time to think about rules and game design in general. Hopefully it works out well for him at American Pinball and he is sitting on a notebook full of unrealized ideas that can be utilized by a functional company.

#27031 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Mueller and the Brownnosers.

That sounds like a band name for the next music pin.

#27032 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd be interested in knowing when these folks finally broke through the denial stage and starting to move toward acceptance. Was it when the checks started getting delayed? Before? After?
When did the resume polishing start to begin en masse?

I was an employee in 2019 and can speak to that time. I looked for and found another job immediately upon first payday with no check. Many others were right behind me.

That time in 2019 was hilarious (not the lack of pay but the effects). Lots of employees called in sick for weeks on end, took unannounced vacations, etc. One dude even posted that he wouldn’t be in anytime soon because his car was impounded. So it’s not like we just sat around and took it. Many of us made alternate plans and only stuck around until they came through.

#27033 2 years ago

Lots of background on these and various other things. Hopefully forthcoming. I'd reserve judgment on blame attribution.

No disrespect to the engineers intended at all. I have no doubt they were smart and dedicated and tried their damndest. But it all comes back to organization. Unless you are daft you don’t do 10 machines at once, you don’t micromanage down to the penny (pound foolish variety), you don’t reinvent every wheel, you don’t cost contain and continually refine BOM until you have a working game to start from. It is a managers job to keep everyone on mission and on target and on budget. It’s like herding cats. From the limited views we’ve had here, nothing was on target, directives changed every day, money flowed like wine, chaos ensued. Robert was a terrible manager, most people are simply kinda bad managers of the non malignant variety. The outcome was highly predictable. These pictures and stories just confirm what we knew

#27034 2 years ago

Breaking news: DeeprootTech.com is back online??

It's true!

Could this be Big Bucks Bobby kickstarting a rally in the bottom of the sixth with a bunt down the third base line?

deeproottech.com2 (resized).pngdeeproottech.com2 (resized).png

We will just have to wait and see.

#27035 2 years ago

Breaking news: DeeprootTech.com is back online??
It's true!
Could this be Big Bucks Bobby kickstarting a rally in the bottom of the sixth with a bunt down the third base line?
[quoted image]
We will just have to wait and see.

Ohhhh you had me excited for a moment. Hoping the domain expired and you had just taken over the site. Well we can dream can't we ?

#27036 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Ohhhh you had me excited for a moment. Hoping the domain expired and you had just taken over the site. Well we can dream can't we ?

Alas, no. Just received a ping from the url change monitoring service I forgot was still monitoring. As it turns out, there were a handful of minor website changes:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.07.40 PM (resized).png
#27037 2 years ago

In case you want to set an alarm

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.12.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.12.07 PM (resized).png
#27038 2 years ago

Oh snap, here's the one for the eager beavers

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.14.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.14.01 PM (resized).png
#27039 2 years ago

Happy Tuesday!

Correcting the Record: The JPop Files

"I know that I know nothing" - Socratic paradox

JPop is certainly no saint, but he was truly putting in work to make pinball happen as best he could. He rode a bicycle to work every day and drank the cheapest coffee, contrary to what people think. He was also remote working for the first couple years and would come in 2 weeks every month or two. Eventually he got an apartment but not sure what he’s up to.

That parking spot sign was actually made by the technicians for Barry just for fun. Barry also has back problems so they basically made that spot closest to the door have that sign instead of the handicap sign to maybe lighten the mood. JPop never had a car so he never parked there.

#27040 2 years ago

Oh snap, here's the one for the eager beavers[quoted image]

Don't get too excited about the domain registration expiring on 11/19/21. It goes into a 60 day hold period before going up for auction. Not sure how long the auction period is but if it got any amount of traffic at all it's likely to be bought by a speculator hoping the original owner will pay big bucks to get it back. In the meantime it will host ads.

#27041 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Don't get too excited about the domain registration expiring on 11/19/21. It goes into a 60 day hold period before going up for auction. Not sure how long the auction period is but if it got any amount of traffic at all it's likely to be bought by a speculator hoping the original owner will pay big bucks to get it back. In the meantime it will host ads.

What happens when a domain expires is totally up to the registrant - seeing as this is GoDaddy, they state they will "try" and let you auto-renew for up to 19 days after expiration, after which it goes into an auction after 26 days (no idea what happens in the intervening 7 days). Here's what really happens: the auto-renew will mysteriously not work for technical reasons, the domain goes up for auction, and it is sold! to an "undisclosed buyer". Surprise! The undisclosed buyer is GoDaddy, who will graciously re-sell your own domain back to you for a 1000% markup.

#27042 2 years ago

The Emperor's New Lawyers

http://www.castillosnyder.com/attorneys.html

Are these folks being added to the existing defense team or replacing them?

2b9074e8-5769-4efb-aecf-ed16f28d4a57.pdf2b9074e8-5769-4efb-aecf-ed16f28d4a57.pdf
#27043 2 years ago

Are these folks being added to the existing defense team or replacing them?

It sounds like Jeffery and Belinda retained their own council separately from Robert.

#27044 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It sounds like Jeffery and Belinda retained their own council separately from Robert.

Good catch

#27045 2 years ago

Deeproot Sports and Entertainment? Did I miss that from before?

What was that supposed to be?

#27046 2 years ago

What’s with “Recovable” Trust being on there twice? Should that not say “Revocable?” Why do I care? Help!

#27047 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

What’s with “Recovable” Trust being on there twice? Should that not say “Revocable?” Why do I care? Help!

You may have a future career as a paralegal!

#27048 2 years ago

My guess it that it's one of Jon Norris's designs, looks like it has some flow to it.

Good stuff coming.
[quoted image]

#27049 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Deeproot Sports and Entertainment? Did I miss that from before?
What was that supposed to be?

Robert briefly had a minor league soccer team and was trying to get a MLS club started.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 541 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.