Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

356 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 664 of 669.
#33151 4 months ago

That’s one of the most interesting turn of events I’ve seen in a while. One day he was just gone from Spooky and there was zero chatter that I saw about where he went.

#33154 4 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is there any story this blueberryjohnson guy doesn't break??

just no hymens.

#33155 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

just no hymens.

You break it, you buy it

#33156 4 months ago

Truth. Happened to me. Twice.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:You break it, you buy it

#33157 4 months ago

Time to once again update your calendars

SEC-115-2023.10.11.pdfSEC-115-2023.10.11.pdf
#33158 4 months ago

[quoted image]

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#33159 4 months ago

[quoted image]

Another Mueller delay tactic?

Or was summary judgement rejected? Or would that be the meeting where the summary judgement vs trial be discussed?

#33160 4 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another Mueller delay tactic?
Or was summary judgement rejected? Or would that be the meeting where the summary judgement vs trial be discussed?

Scheduling conflicts could mean anything. Judge's decision on summary judgment has not yet been entered

#33161 4 months ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

The bigger picture is his future working for inmates doing torts and shit. As long as he's humble and doesn't piss anyone off, (good luck with that) he might have a future in a law library prison in his time off from work. I think illegally preparing law work for inmates pays something like a $1 per legal sheet prepared or something like that. He could easily make $50 a month if he stays under the radar. That's on top of the probable $25 bucks a month for his inmate day job. That law degree will just keep on paying dividends.

Burt Pugach apparently did this and made thousands, under the table I imagine, getting convicted criminals off on technicalities. I happened to get hooked watching "Crazy Love" on late night TV recently: fascinating story about another nut-case, ambulance-chasing lawyer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790706/

#33162 4 months ago

There's going to come a point though where Robert will run out of money to pay for lawyers, child support, alimony, etc. Aren't his current attorney fees being paid out of the bankruptcy funds with the permission of that court? Point is, he may want a jury trial as is his right, but can he afford defending himself there, and then defending himself in a potential criminal case while also going through bankruptcy? I don't think he's thinking this through.

#33163 4 months ago

According to the 5th amended scheduling order the original pre trial conference was 11/16 with a trial to start 12/4, this only bumps the pretrial conference back a few days.

I wonder if this is going to bump the trial date as well? I’m assuming that the SEC has a tight trial schedule - not like they can move everyone else around.

Quoted from sgtski1978:

There's going to come a point though where Robert will run out of money to pay for lawyers, child support, alimony, etc. Aren't his current attorney fees being paid out of the bankruptcy funds with the permission of that court? Point is, he may want a jury trial as is his right, but can he afford defending himself there, and then defending himself in a potential criminal case while also going through bankruptcy? I don't think he's thinking this through.

I don’t see anything in the asset freeze motions giving him carte blanche to use bankruptcy funds to pay his debts. There is order #23 giving him a $5800/month "allowance" for 3 months 11/15/21 - 2/23/22 to cover child support, etc, but that's all I can see.

#33164 4 months ago

Motion to unseal sealed documents?

Wonder if it’s juicy?

show_temp.pl.pdfshow_temp.pl.pdf
#33165 4 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

Wonder if it’s juicy?

I'd imagine not very since the motion is unopposed.

#33166 4 months ago

I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent enough to avoid mistakes like "its' motion". How is that pronounced, itses?

#33167 4 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent enough to avoid mistakes like "its' motion". How is that pronounced, itses?

Like everything else at deeproot (pinbars, pinpods, mail-order brides), Robert ordered apostrophes in bulk.

Evidently, the trustee couldn't unload them at the auction so the SEC is putting them to use (including misuse, in this document). ;>

#33168 4 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

Wonder if it’s juicy?
[quoted image]

If you buy those on PACER grab the RECAP browser addon from https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/

that way the bought documents get mirrored to here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

#33169 4 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Blobert is a lawyer, so there ya go..

#33170 4 months ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Ehhh I dunno, Robert's team marked this one as "confidential" earlier on and they're being pushed to unseal this per the "presumption of public access" doctrine.

#33171 4 months ago

The hell is this?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 12.21.27 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-10-17 at 12.21.27 AM (resized).png

deeprootcapital-294-2023.10.16.pdfdeeprootcapital-294-2023.10.16.pdf
#33172 4 months ago

The hell is this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Really purging those surplus apostrophes here. Two random placements in one sentence.

They must be getting bonus vacation days for each one they dump.

#33173 4 months ago

Ah, you might be wrong.

The unsealed files are here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/#entry-104

Exhibit A - seems to be the same as document 103-1 "MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT" except with redactions removed. You get delicious things like this:

unredacted they read:

Robert's a GigaChad committing major fraud - all the name of pinball.

Exhibit B - The above letter, but also learned a bit about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_placement_life_insurance

Exhibit C - Is a powerpoint presentation for the deeproot Growth Runs deep fund - claims of PREDETERMINED RETURN RATES! Not super interesting.

Exhibit D - A listing of assets:

Life insurance policies &

"Investor subscriptions" bank account info? All redacted, but I'm not sure I understand what this remaining, unredacted item is:

Exhibit E - Is a 575 investor agreement document. I think we've seen this before.

Exhibit F - deeproot grows run deep Private Placement Memorandum. I think we've seen this before as well?

Exhibit G - Sworn statement of one Dennis Cancilla, apparently one of the lawyers that gave Robert advice on if what he's doing is legal:

Criminal investigation seems to be on going (as late as January 2023!)

There seems to be a lot of focus on this concept of "money is fungible" during the fraud trial. My understanding is - a dollar is a dollar and keeping incoming and outgoing investor money in one account is fine, but probably bad accounting practices.

Exhibit H - Another PPM.

#33174 4 months ago

Exhibit I - EXPERT REPORT OF BILL POST SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR FTI CONSULTING

The juicy stuff is in here:

Holy crap I should go into forensic accounting.

Did Robert prepare the PPMs? He's not a very good writer because...

Also - intercompany lending? This brings up memories of FTX doing some intercompany lending to Alameda Research

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The SEC says that Robert didn't make any new investments in life insurance policies since ... 2017? This language is a very soft way of saying that:

So sloppy!

Bible pinball machine manufacturing is a safe and proven investment!

Holy crap, the entire fund had $1000 in its account on average:

"We don't know where your money is"

We think of deeproot as being "deeproot," but it's actually many different legal entities and so their interactions need to be airtight:

"Trust my gut feelings on this one, guys."

Anyway, it's basically ~80 pages of this forensic accounting guy saying that deeproot was FUBAR'd

document.pdfdocument.pdf

#33176 4 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

Holy crap, the entire fund had $1000 in its account on average:

If it wasn't for those meddling SEC kids, he would have returned all the money and provided a handsome profit through his shrewd pinball investment.

#33177 4 months ago

The Pinbar displays are already seeing the light of day in the rear playfield panel of Labyrinth. Much better idea of a spot to use if you really want to add another display. No on the fly adjustments via touchscreen, but seeing the Bowen videos I prefer how they are currently being used.

#33178 4 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

If it wasn't for those meddling SEC kids, he would have returned all the money and provided a handsome profit through his shrewd pinball investment.

Sure in about a million years

#33179 4 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just two more weeks was all that was needed for pinball nirvana.

#33180 4 months ago

Does anyone else log in each day, just to see if there are any new updates here?
I dont know why, but this drama has me fascinated to see what happens. ( will he get charged criminally, if so, what happens, etc )
Im playing the Law and Order TV show sound in my head everytime I check in - Dong- Dong!
And I have absolutely zero skin in this, I am not a purchaser, nor an Investor, and I live 10,000 miles away in Australia.

But this has become like those hundreds of First Amendment Audit videos I keep watching on youtube,
where people with cameras antagonise and bait police / security, and postal employees, just for the sake of it ( But to push a point )
Watching them is pointless and irrelevant to my life, but they also fascinate me.

I swear during my next trip to the US, im tempted to video from the public sidewalk / street into a Police carpark, just to see what happens!
Im likely to cop a beating though, knowing my luck.
I assume the US constitution would also protect me under the first amendment, to do so, even though Im a foreigner?

#33181 4 months ago

Looks like we can expect a decision on the motion for summary judgment next week. Via zoom. Which, if I recall correctly, is always the same link for this judge.

SEC-117-2023.10.19.pdfSEC-117-2023.10.19.pdf
#33182 4 months ago

Are we able to attend this trial. I live about 3 hours away and I will go to this is we are allowed in the court room.

#33183 4 months ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Are we able to attend this trial. I live about 3 hours away and I will go to this is we are allowed in the court room.

Please wear a "Pinball is hard!" t-shirt

#33184 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Please wear a "Pinball is hard!" t-shirt

Pretty sure you gotta at least bump it up to a hoodie for federal court

#33185 4 months ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

The trial, if it happens, yes - it should be public. Currently it's scheduled for december - we'll get a concrete date in a few weeks. I'll probably attend too

The case status conference on monday - no, that's private.

#33186 4 months ago

Awesome hope to meet a few pinsiders there

#33187 4 months ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Awesome hope to meet a few pinsiders there

Save room for all the folks that he screwed out their life savings.

#33188 4 months ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Courtroom attendees must be graduates of St. Mary's School of Law and licensed members of the pinBar.

#33189 4 months ago

Well this is aggravating:

1023/23 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Xavier Rodriguez: Motion Hearing held on 10/23/2023 re 103 MOTION for Summary Judgment filed by Securities and Exchange Commission (Minute entry documents are not available electronically.). (Court Reporter Gigi Simcox.)(kg) (Entered: 10/24/2023)

What was the entry? Summary judgment approved? Denied?

#33190 4 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

Well this is aggravating:
1023/23 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Xavier Rodriguez: Motion Hearing held on 10/23/2023 re 103 MOTION for Summary Judgment filed by Securities and Exchange Commission (Minute entry documents are not available electronically.). (Court Reporter Gigi Simcox.)(kg) (Entered: 10/24/2023)
What was the entry? Summary judgment approved? Denied?

Looks like it's already been changed to something else already. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The first entry has to do with allowing an out-of-district/state attorney to join the case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_hac_vice

We'll probably have to wait on documents for the other entries.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

#33191 4 months ago

Another update

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 1.32.53?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-10-24 at 1.32.53?PM (resized).png
#33192 4 months ago

Another update
[quoted image]

07/20/23: Pretrial Conference set for 11/16/2023 10:30 AM before Judge Xavier Rodriguez, Jury Selection and Trial set for 12/4/2023
10/11/23: ORDER RE-SETTING PRETRIAL CONFERENCE. Pretrial Conference set for 11/21/2023 at 10:30 AM in San Antonio
10/23/23: Set/Reset Hearings: Pretrial Conference Reset for 11/28/2023 10:00 AM in San Antonio before Judge Xavier Rodriguez (kg)

The scheduled trial date still hasn't budged (from https://www.txwd.uscourts.gov/judges-information/judges-calendars/#/san-antonio/xavier-rodriguez/2023-10-24-to-2023-12-11/)

#33193 4 months ago

And updated again:

#33194 4 months ago

It's gotta suck kicking the can down the road knowing your ass is gonna be toast when it quits rolling. What a way to live...

#33195 4 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

And updated again:[quoted image]

the "full text" only appears on courtlistener when someone queries the docket on the court PACER page with the coutlistener browser addon. the site crowdsources the data to liberate it from the ridiculous fees imposed on them that way

#33196 4 months ago
Quoted from masterX244:

the "full text" only appears on courtlistener when someone queries the docket on the court PACER page with the coutlistener browser addon. the site crowdsources the data to liberate it from the ridiculous fees imposed on them that way

Crazy how this whole system works

#33197 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Crazy how this whole system works

Because courtlistener is not fully intended, its a crowdsourced "paywall bypass" since the fees (especially for long dockets and docket fees are unpredictable due to how they are calculated) are ridiculous

#33198 3 months ago

Every time you hit refresh on that page -- it costs $1.30.pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#33199 3 months ago
Quoted from Inside:

Every time you hit refresh on that page -- it costs $1.30.[quoted image]

Which page are you refreshing?

#33200 3 months ago

Which page are you refreshing?

That's the docket report page, what lists all docket entries. Indeed, PACERs fee structure is insane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 664 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/664 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.