• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 669.
#24301 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

The important thing to remember is that right now Robert & deeproot are not guilty of any crime. In the court of Pinside Public Opinion certain conclusions have already been reached, but he is as of right now still doing everything legally. As far as we know his funds haven't been frozen, etc, so he & his companies are free to use any money they have on hand to defend themselves.

Right now yes, but not for long

#24302 2 years ago

If you're Robert's Mr Super Lawyer...do you ask to be paid upfront for your services? How do you breech that question?

#24303 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Holy shit. Robert hired a really expensive lawyer.
Jay previously served as Counsel to the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence at the U.S. House of Representatives, where he led oversight of covert actions and various intelligence gathering programs. Jay also served as the Legislative Director and Counsel to Congresswoman Jane Harman, providing policy advice and drafting legislation regarding national security, defense, homeland security, and energy issues, among others.
Prior to his time on Capitol Hill, Jay was an associate at Irell & Manella LLP in Los Angeles, California, where he handled complex litigation matters regarding intellectual property, corporate securities, and contract disputes for clients in the entertainment, media, and technology industries.
Jay received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 2000, and was a Primary Editor of the Harvard Law Review. He received his B.S. in Economics, magna cum laude, from Virginia Tech in 1997, and was Student Body President.
Super Lawyers’ 2021 Texas Rising Stars Recipient – Only a few attorneys from each state are selected to Super Lawyers designation for any given year. The multi-factor selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice.

Jay Hulings, Esquire, RM's counsel, has legitimately impressive credentials. However, his Super Lawyers selection is a "fluff" accolade.

He ought to remove it from his biography because, in the legal community, it actually detracts from and diminishes his otherwise meaningful academic and professional accomplishments.

In my opinion, nobody in the legal community takes Super Lawyers or similar "top lawyer" magazine awards seriously. Because of their dubious selection formulas and business models, designed to sell advertisements and ego-plaques to impress unsophisticated potential clients, NJ and other courts have stringent rules and disclaimers about including such accolades in attorney biographies.

For that reason, my firm disallows listing them in attorney bios. At least RM is smart enough to have passed on hiring a fellow St. Mary's University Law School graduate. I've got to give him credit for that level of self-awareness. Surely he knows just how serious is the SEC complaint and the implications thereof, especially the foreboding paragraph #49.

#24304 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

If you're Robert's Mr Super Lawyer...do you ask to be paid upfront for your services? How do you breech that question?

And how does one pay said Super Lawyer? With the very same money you claim to have not stolen?

Or was it cleaned in the Car Wash?

#24305 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:If you listen to Python Anghelo's opinion on TOPcast, he was never that creative to begin with. He was a screwdriver guy, not a creative cat. But Python said a lot of things... He also thought very lowly of Pat Lawlor and thought Zingy Bingy was a worthwhile idea.

Who says Zingy Bingy isn't an amazing idea......it's at least an artistic & original idea, albeit an idea that could never sell

#24306 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

You have no idea how true this is. They were on the verge of being caught during the 2019 TPF. Nothing to show. Look back at what he promised to reveal at that show...nope. Covid saved their ass...for a time.

If memory serves, deeproot noshowed 2019 TPF because Robert was getting married that exact same weekend. It always struck me as really odd timing when they had spent thousands being a marquee sponsor of that show.

#24308 2 years ago

Based on current circumstances, as included in the SEC complaint, I would expect an initial 6-figure retainer to defend the allegations.

#24309 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If memory serves, deeproot noshowed 2019 TPF because Robert was getting married that exact same weekend. It always struck me as really odd timing when they had spent thousands being a marquee sponsor of that show.

Was that wife two or three?

#24310 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey my buddy wrote that.
> In recent years, Mueller has been investing in a next generation pinball machine called the "Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland," which has been hotly anticipated and debated by pinball fans online.
Understatement of the year

982364D6-462C-4845-99F9-A3C327E695CD (resized).png982364D6-462C-4845-99F9-A3C327E695CD (resized).png
#24311 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Was that wife two or three?

Good question! This whole sordid affair was what, 5 years tops? And he has a wedding, divorce, and another wedding during this time? (paid for by little old ladies)

At TPF 2015 he had divorced "a wife" and was late for a Tinder date after stealing Bible Adventures from me. Did this become wife #2 or #3?

#24312 2 years ago

Wife 2 was 2016. Wife 3 was 2020

#24313 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Correct. I meant 2020

#24314 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

This'll make you laugh then. Guess what I nearly ended up working on. I'm not even joking.[quoted image][quoted image]

"Noah" will always stay in my mind. I watched the entire movie on the tarmac in O'Hare as they were "turning around" the airport, a two hour delay into a red-eye flight to London. UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH......

#24315 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Jay Hulings, Esquire, RM's counsel, has legitimately impressive credentials. However, his Super Lawyers selection is a "fluff" accolade.
He ought to remove it from his biography because, in the legal community, it actually detracts from and diminishes his otherwise meaningful academic and professional accomplishments.
In my opinion, nobody in the legal community takes Super Lawyers or similar "top lawyer" magazine awards seriously. Because of their dubious selection formulas and business models, designed to sell advertisements and ego-plaques to impress unsophisticated potential clients, NJ and other courts have stringent rules and disclaimers about including such accolades in attorney biographies.
For that reason, my firm disallows listing them in attorney bios. At least RM is smart enough to have passed on hiring a fellow St. Mary's University Law School graduate. I've got to give him credit for that level of self-awareness. Surely he knows just how serious is the SEC complaint and the implications thereof, especially the foreboding paragraph #49.

Nailed it.

I am actually surprised to see that he allowed himself to be in Super Lawyers.

It's almost like being listed in The National Dean's List (which you actually had to PAY to be in...not surprisingly, they went belly up).

#24316 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:If you're Robert's Mr Super Lawyer...do you ask to be paid upfront for your services? How do you breech that question?

In Australia at least, in higher risk situations the conversion goes like "the cost estimate for this to run to trial is $[large amount]. I'm going to need [large amount]% by Tuesday to represent you in this matter and file a notice of acting. If [insert event] occurs then I will need to revisit my estimate and we may require further funds in our trust account"

#24317 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The SEC write up is incredibly damning and the fraud blatant.

They don't write the accusations any other way. The SEC 'loses' all the time. As with any prosecutor you overcharge as much as you possibly can then plead it down and call it winning.

#24318 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Good question! This whole sordid affair was what, 5 years tops? And he has a wedding, divorce, and another wedding during this time? (paid for by little old ladies)
At TPF 2015 he had divorced "a wife" and was late for a Tinder date after stealing Bible Adventures from me. Did this become wife #2 or #3?

All this business makes it sound like his personal Pro, Premium and LE models.

#24319 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Great timing, wife #3!

#24320 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Collecting wives is easy.

LTG : )

#24321 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Who says Zingy Bingy isn't an amazing idea......it's at least an artistic & original idea, albeit an idea that could never sell

I’m glad I got to play it. I can say I played a game where I locked 2 balls under a dick flipper.

#24322 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m glad I got to play it. I can say I played a game where I locked 2 balls under a dick flipper.
[quoted image]

The panty drop drop target is funny. The flipper isn’t the dick though. The upper two flippers are a finger of the girl and man, and the bottom are their feet. A lot of Python’s art on games use flippers as fingers.

Looks like a dick, but he said it wasn’t.

#24323 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

#24324 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don’t see how even the best lawyer can get him out of this. The SEC write up is incredibly damning and the fraud blatant. Had the guy simply misled investors about how he was spending the money without enriching himself and while documenting the transfers, maybe he could make a “whocouldaknown” defense. But he bought a condo in Hawaii LATE in the fraud. Its blatant and I don’t know what judge wouldn’t see that.

Absolutely. Have a prospectus stating 75% insurance, 25% capital investments, don’t spend the money on yourself, he could have had $15M in the clear to run his pinball dreams. More than enough to make the company run. Could have even gone belly up pinball and oh well still in the clear. Could have even paid himself $100K a year to run the fund (again stating in prospectus) and nobody would have cared. But no per the SEC just couldn’t keep his hand out of the cookie jar. Just couldn’t accept his pinball company was a failure when the first $15M ran out. Just couldn’t avoid running a multitasking mess of several companies with people who could not get the job done. Because you know the solution if the first $15M didn’t solve the problem is to dump another $15M and then another $15M and then ANOTHER $15M, and then $2M in PPP funds. Seems he wasn’t gonna stop until he got indicted or ran the car into a brick wall. I mean this was just stupid at a new level and narcisssism beyond any self protection mechanisms kicking into place whatsoever. Bonkers is the only reasonable way to label this. Incompetent thief is a good second choice.

#24325 2 years ago

So let’s say Robert beats most of these charges. Let’s even go so far as to say he beats all the lawsuits up against him. At what cost and how many years or months? How does he exit this with any viable path to raise additional funds from investors or bring his reputation back to a point in which he could reasonably operate his businesses. Isn’t the best case scenario that he dodges a few bullets and withers away.

If not, Could you imaging the Food Truck thread on here and amount of Icelighting happening in it.

#24326 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

How does he exit this with any viable path to raise additional funds from investors or bring his reputation back to a point in which he could reasonably operate his businesses. Isn’t the best case scenario that he dodges a few bullets and withers away.

If JPop is any indication, he'll have to work harder if he wants to scare away pinball money.

#24327 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

So let’s say Robert beats most of these charges. Let’s even go so far as to say he beats all the lawsuits up against him. At what cost and how many years or months? How does he exit this with any viable path to raise additional funds from investors or bring his reputation back to a point in which he could reasonably operate his businesses. Isn’t the best case scenario that he dodges a few bullets and withers away.
If not, Could you imaging the Food Truck thread on here and amount of Icelighting happening in it.

#FoodTruck2030 Let’s Go!

#24328 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

#FoodTruck2030 Let’s Go!

...does food truck become the next mythical pin lol, like big bang bar?

#24329 2 years ago

The Future of Pinball Arrives in 2030!

3E4CE4C4-9A5A-46E6-9E47-FB13E7344F90 (resized).jpeg3E4CE4C4-9A5A-46E6-9E47-FB13E7344F90 (resized).jpeg
#24330 2 years ago

7 posts left to surpass the MG thread post count, damn! I wonder which one got more memes? Lol

#24331 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

7 posts left to surpass the MG thread post count, damn! I wonder which one got more memes? Lol

6 and counting...

#24332 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

6 and counting...

5 and counting

#24333 2 years ago

Losing steam tonight.. maybe tmrw morning

#24337 2 years ago

0…….and a picture for old time sake!

The teacher directing….

DAD85A42-18CB-499D-B8FE-3D9EBF68C4B6 (resized).pngDAD85A42-18CB-499D-B8FE-3D9EBF68C4B6 (resized).png
#24338 2 years ago
heck_popadiuk (resized).jpegheck_popadiuk (resized).jpeg
#24339 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The teacher directing….

Pants.gifPants.gif
#24340 2 years ago

https://gamecenter.nyu.edu/three-questions-with-john-popadiuk/

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.25.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.25.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.25.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.25.27 PM (resized).png
#24341 2 years ago
jpop-barf (resized).jpegjpop-barf (resized).jpegjpop-dork (resized).jpegjpop-dork (resized).jpegjpop-douche (resized).jpegjpop-douche (resized).jpegjpop-dumb (resized).jpegjpop-dumb (resized).jpegjpop-fart (resized).jpegjpop-fart (resized).jpegjpop-horny (resized).jpegjpop-horny (resized).jpegpopadiuk-word (resized).jpegpopadiuk-word (resized).jpeg
#24342 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Holy shit. Robert hired a really expensive lawyer.
Jay previously served as Counsel to the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence at the U.S. House of Representatives, where he led oversight of covert actions and various intelligence gathering programs. Jay also served as the Legislative Director and Counsel to Congresswoman Jane Harman, providing policy advice and drafting legislation regarding national security, defense, homeland security, and energy issues, among others.
Prior to his time on Capitol Hill, Jay was an associate at Irell & Manella LLP in Los Angeles, California, where he handled complex litigation matters regarding intellectual property, corporate securities, and contract disputes for clients in the entertainment, media, and technology industries.
Jay received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School in 2000, and was a Primary Editor of the Harvard Law Review. He received his B.S. in Economics, magna cum laude, from Virginia Tech in 1997, and was Student Body President.
Super Lawyers’ 2021 Texas Rising Stars Recipient – Only a few attorneys from each state are selected to Super Lawyers designation for any given year. The multi-factor selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice.

hope he's getting paid up front...

#24343 2 years ago

The photo of JPOP in the Shorty's t-shirt was at our NW Pinball Show where he was signing artwork that he didn't create. Sad.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#24344 2 years ago

He's such a goober

#24345 2 years ago

@benheck
Hilarious show. I'm sure April was in every way simular to Robert's 2nd and 3rd wife

#24346 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Barry? Dennis? SAVINGS?

hahahahahahahahaha

Why do you think they were at deeproot?

Ben, you don't always know everything. It could be that I was at deeproot because I have a passion for designing pinball games. Blinded by the opportunity to put anything I wanted into a game, I realized after a year and a half that it wasn't going to happen. I designed three games while I was there and they will probably never be seen. What a waste of almost two years. While you are free to post your opinions here, I can think of another place where you can put them.

#24347 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I love the guy but to paraphrase Rickey Gervais Dennis would work for the Taliban if the started a pinball company.

Ben, you don't know what the F you are talking about. Why are you even here? Tell us about all the great games you have designed.

#24348 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Ben, you don't always know everything. It could be that I was at deeproot because I have a passion for designing pinball games. Blinded by the opportunity to put anything I wanted into a game, I realized after a year and a half that it wasn't going to happen. I designed three games while I was there and they will probably never be seen. What a waste of almost two years. While you are free to post your opinions here, I can think of another place where you can put them.

What was it like at Deeproot Dennis? What was Robert like as a boss?

#24349 2 years ago

Shots fired! Am I the only one that thinks it would be super cool to make a youtube video series where Dennis freelance designs a game from start to finish and talks about the pinball industry through the ages? There could even be an entire episode on "Nordmanite (TM)".

#24350 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

to impress unsophisticated potential clients

Seems to be working.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/487 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.