1) The ramp is makeable. I personally have made it a couple times over the course of several games, and have seen another player make it multiple times in a single game, including a back to back set. The key to making it is hitting it on the fly, as a trapping up then shooting usually will not have enough ooomph to make it (at least with the power settings on the flippers at Houston). Both machines are consistent with that, so I would assume it is a deliberate choice. [Update] I asked one of the DR reps, and the ramp is designed to be very tough from a trap, but that there is a specific sweet spot that will make it.
2) The spinner does randomize things more than I like, but you can shoot around it if you are reasonably skilled and with good flipper control.
3) The auto plunger is a more likely to result in a DTM drain than is ideal, but you almost always get the ball back with an auto save. Since the power setting will be adjustable they can easily fine tune how much bouncing around is a result of an auto launched ball. It's pretty easy to manually plunge a ball right into a trap on the left flipper.
4) I have played at least 3 distinct modes (Zombie multiball, Zombie Duck Shooting, and Mirror Maze). They all appeared to have a full mode programmed with light, sound, and animation.
5) The ferris wheel is easy to activate, and works well. A soft loop from right to left will fall into the "car" and then the wheel will activate and rotate through to drop the ball into the channel. It reminds me of Rudy's Hideout from Funhouse, and I saw no issues with the mech, it just works.
6) The Atomic Shop scoop works ok, but it looks like it needs tuning like the scoop on TNA to reliably avoid rejected shots.
7) The Dare Devil Cycle shot/ramp is probably the flakiest shot that I saw. I'm not aware of ever making it myself, or seeing anyone else doing it either. [Update] Ok, after a few more plays I can see that it's not actually that flaky, you just simply can't see it because the spinner blocks your view.
The lighting in the hall SUCKS for photos, so I'm not surprised the colors look bad in photos and video. There is a lot of purple, but IMO it's not overwhelming. Art being art tho, YMMV.