Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.50.17?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif

Topic index (key posts)

362 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 672 of 673.
#33551 48 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Some corrections: Yeti was hopefully eventually paid for his work; don't know if anyone paid him for rights, because he presumably didn't own them when doing contact work for jpop. However, I feel like maybe at some point post zidware collapse he did receive additional consideration from someone?
Pintasia PAID $70k, per Bill.
Turner paid to purchase the ip from the trustee in the bankruptcy proxeedings, and now apparently was paid for them by DPX.
Detail quibbles aside, your point is right: a decade+ of money changing hands for these nonsense not-games (don't forget all the original zidware customers plus those who forced that bankruptcy and sold the storage unit to Melvin more than a year ago) is the height of absurdity. And with no sign of end in sight!
Hopefully when this and deeproot reach a conclusion (2030? 35?) the documentary, novelization, children's show, and whatever else about it can make everyone whole and provide the opportunity for some of us adjacent parties to cash in as consultants, talking heads, and with personal appearance fees.

See.... Robert was right all along. Pinball is easy.

#33552 43 days ago
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpgPXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
#33553 42 days ago

I like how that reads "pinbail". Hopefully Slobert winds up injail.

#33554 42 days ago

one of the few tangible things to come out of spending tens of millions of dollars

#33555 42 days ago

What's the status of buyers getting any money back?

#33556 42 days ago
Quoted from F__U:

Some were able to claw back their money via CC companies, some accepted a buyout check from RM at some point during the tortured process (stolen money but money just the same) and some were simply screwed and never got anything back.

As far as I know, no ponzi money sent to buyout acceptors, recipients of sponsorship deals, or any other money Deep Root disbursed has ever been subject to a legal "claw back," though it would always be in the back of my mind if I had taken deep root money. The relatively small amount of money disbursed probably precludes clawback action though.

We will never really know how many people got their money back, or total amount of money pinball folks got screwed out of, but it certainly pales to the $60 million stolen from old ladies to help fund this entire scam.

#33557 42 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

one of the few tangible things to come out of spending tens of millions of dollars

Looks like little Johnny made that in wood shop!

Quoted from F__U:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#33558 42 days ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Lol. Had only noticed the missing letters. Good catch.

#33559 39 days ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

It was a Freudian slip of the router

#33560 34 days ago

New SEC docs - available on courtlistener - updated versions of exhibits and witness lists from both sides - and statement from Mueller's side saying they're still working on a settlement

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/?order_by=desc

Witness lists include some people's addresses so won't post here until delete those out

#33561 33 days ago

I can't help but think Bob is really trying to find a way to make the 'But pinball" argument work somehow despite it not being relevant. I just don't think he or his team gets the crux of the SECs case.

#33562 33 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

I can't help but think Bob is really trying to find a way to make the 'But pinball" argument work somehow despite it not being relevant. I just don't think he or his team gets the crux of the SECs case.

Haven't compared those lists to the ones from months ago to see how they've changed. Don't know that I will, either. Maybe someone else will.

In the transcriptions I published that were from late last year, Mueller attorneys saying they need to show he was really trying to make pinball because the SEC trying to show his mindset was to defraud from the start.

I agree with you however that the two things aren't incompatible. SEC doesn't care for what purpose he was misappropriating funds. To establish scienter, it just needs to persuade the jury 1) he was misappropriating funds and 2) he knew it.

#33563 32 days ago

Breaking news. The pinbar lives. And it's in your pants.

Developing...

#33564 32 days ago

Breaking news. The pinbar lives. And it's in your pants.
Developing...

Raza mobile game? Or is your phone going to be the pinbar?

#33565 32 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Raza mobile game? Or is your phone going to be the pinbar?

The latter. Potentially. Turner interview with wormhole.

#33566 32 days ago

I mean, why not at this point...

#33567 32 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/243#post-5880755

There are actually lots of examples of phones controlling features on pinball machines already (well before 'pinbar' was proposed). In some cases, it's really useful. In other cases, it's a silly gimmick. As with all technology, ideas incorporating it will evolve.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#33568 32 days ago

JJP app let you flip your dialed in!

After a bunch of fiddling, I did actually get it to finally connect and flip the game one time.

Gerry, do any p3 games utilize the functionality?

Also, are you personally acquainted with Chris?

#33569 32 days ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

In other cases, it's a silly gimmick.

In all cases it’s a silly gimmick. The only online or phone powered feature I want is the ability to set game setting and read audits via a web platform or mobile app. Way easier than doing the three button dance in the cab. Oh and to be emailed when a game gets a credit dot.

Oh and stern please make leaderboards available for home users. Gladly pay for the insider membership if it came with that.

#33570 32 days ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

In all cases it’s a silly gimmick. The only online or phone powered feature I want is the ability to set game setting and read audits via a web platform or mobile app. Way easier than doing the three button dance in the cab. Oh and to be emailed when a game gets a credit dot.

Turner says those are / will be features.

I listened to the podcast version of the interview. Didn't watch the video. But may click around because it sounds like he may demonstrate some of that. Plus the glass removal.

#33571 32 days ago

Gerry, do any p3 games utilize the functionality?

Yes, you can control various aspects of gameplay in a number of our games with a mobile phone or computer, and our SDK has the implementation as open source so any 3rd-party develop can implement their own remote control features.

- Gerry

#33572 32 days ago

The interview is just under an hour and worthwhile, imo. I just now got done watching and really enjoyed it.

#33573 32 days ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Yes, you can control various aspects of gameplay in a number of our games with a mobile phone or computer, and our SDK has the implementation as open source so any 3rd-party develop can implement their own remote control features.
- Gerry

Sounds neat. Any particular gameplay example you particularly like? I unfortunately don't have access to a P3 to explore on my own

#33574 32 days ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Oh and stern please make leaderboards available for home users. Gladly pay for the insider membership if it came with that.

I wouldn't, it's a baseline feature that should already exist, for free. There's already plenty of high score based places to post your real pin scores anyways.

Paid should be something much more substantial.

#33576 29 days ago

My guess is that Robert settles somehow. Jury trials are expeeensive affairs.

#33577 29 days ago

I dont think he stands a chance with a jury given most of his arguments were thrown out already and the SEC has a bunch of summary judgement wins.

#33578 28 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The interview is just under an hour and worthwhile, imo. I just now got done watching and really enjoyed it.

Thanks so much.

#33579 28 days ago

Does Bobby ever go to jail though? We could get this thread to 50k+ posts if we could slowly watch him get prosecuted and locked up.

#33580 28 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does Bobby ever go to jail though? We could get this thread to 50k+ posts if we could slowly watch him get prosecuted and locked up.

Seems we'll only get to that potentiality after the SEC wraps. Which is another reason to drag it out.

#33581 25 days ago

Seems we'll only get to that potentiality after the SEC wraps. Which is another reason to drag it out.

https://www.sec.gov/files/litigation/complaints/2021/comp25179.pdf

Im an Aussie, so whilst our systems are quite similar, they are different as well,
but I struggle to see why your system didnt go straight for the criminal charges or at least do them first.
The SEC must have been able to see, they wont be getting a lot back for the investors.

Correct me if Im wrong, but arent the only sanctions available here ( assuming a guilty plea, or a guilty verdict ) whats listed on original complaint under prayer for relief?

Which are:
Discorgement from any ill gotten gains or unjust enrichment ( I read as paying back what is found to have been unlawfully taken )
Pay a Civil Penalty - I assume a hefty fine.
Being banned from working in securities again, or holding directorships and the like from companies dealing with securities.

In other words they will fine the man, and try and claw back funds.
( but sounds like he is already crying poor, so I guess he pays back about the same amount what OJ did )
Then stop him from starting, or working for more investment companies.. well duh.

Realistically nothing is going to change in his life from where is presently is.
if he has no money, he has no money ( can they force you to sell your house under US law? )

Unless this is deliberately being used as a stepping stone for the further criminal charges.

Im also surprised there isnt an issue with his law licence already.
somethig like this gets lawyers banned from practicing in Australia pretty quickly
( or would the Texas bar need to see a guilty finding first to then then flow back where they would then find him improper to practice? )

#33582 25 days ago

Guys like Robert don't go to jail. I know it's what everybody wants but in the end he skates and ends up in some other cushy executive job. Boeing knew all about ALL of this nonsense and had zero problem hiring him.

If you aren't stealing, you aren't doing corporate America right. It actually looks good on his resume.

#33583 24 days ago
Quoted from shambles:

but I struggle to see why your system didnt go straight for the criminal charges or at least do them first.

Someone else was already doing the leg work on the situation. There probably wasn't a need for the SEC to duplicate the time and effort on discovery.

#33584 20 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys like Robert don't go to jail. I know it's what everybody wants but in the end he skates and ends up in some other cushy executive job. Boeing knew all about ALL of this nonsense and had zero problem hiring him.
If you aren't stealing, you aren't doing corporate America right. It actually looks good on his resume.

True. But does he still work for Boeing? Eventually he'll get murdered!

#33585 20 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

True. But does he still work for Boeing? Eventually he'll get murdered!

No, only employees who squeal to the media get murdered at Boeing. Robert managed to cover up he was 60 million in the hole and just kept running the business as usual. He's exactly the employee they're looking for.

#33586 20 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys like Robert don't go to jail. I know it's what everybody wants but in the end he skates and ends up in some other cushy executive job.

Guys like Robert report (self surrender) to Federal Prison Camps every day. I unfortunately spent time in mostly Federal Correctional Institutes instead of Federal Prison Camps which are full of white collar criminals and rats. I spent 9 months at camp. Nothing special about Robert. He happened to have committed his crimes in a Federal district which seems to move slower than molasses.

There are 93 different Federal districts in our country. Each with its own US Attorney who calls all the shots. Unless their boss, the US Attorney General, tells them otherwise. The US Attorney in this district seems content to let the SEC play this out. Probably because the SEC is funding most of this. The Department of Justice is funded separately. This district might not have the most resources. The resources could easily be spent in higher priority cases in their district so the US Attorney here seems to be waiting for this to be concluded. He can then indict and use the same prosecutor that the dept of justice "loaned" to the SEC case.

We will never know why the US Attorney in this district waited until this SEC case concludes before acting. A conviction by the SEC for any serious matter results in a referral to the DOJ and a possible fine. I can't believe any US Attorney would disregard that and not go to a grand jury for indictment.

#33587 20 days ago

There must have been a deadline in the SEC case because both sides just filed objections to the other's proposed potential witnesses and exhibits lists.

The SEC's doc is massive and detailed. I expect it demonstrates much better lawyering than does its counterpart's. Since I'm not actually working the case, I'm not going to crosscheck the hundreds of references. But we probably have most of those docs if someone else wants to (I can't imagine anyone will).

My only highlighting will be of this shade-throwing, exasperated humdinger at the top of the SEC doc.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.50.17?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.50.17?PM (resized).png

Not uploading the Mueller side's witness objections doc because they needlessly included mailing addresses for people.

SEC-144-2024.05.03.pdfSEC-144-2024.05.03.pdfSEC-146-2024.05.03.pdfSEC-146-2024.05.03.pdf
#33588 17 days ago

SEC: Here is a well thought out and written, properly referenced, organized objection document for the court.

Bob's law gang: "We would like to reiterate once again everything that guy said is bullshit. Also here's some pinball docs."

#33589 17 days ago

SEC: Please stop talking about the banana lift.

#33590 17 days ago
#33591 17 days ago

Hopefully the pace picks up a little bit now

#33592 14 days ago

Judging by the new requests to delay stuff, probably not. I cant fathom how ol' Bob is paying for this. Eventually the people sending money to his defense fund have got to be like, "Dude, take the settlement."

#33593 13 days ago

Mueller: Oopsie, my lawyer is busy that day!

SEC: Your lawyer has known for a month about this and has not brought this to the court's attention.

I mean is this some sort of legal move? You get your lawyer to double book themselves and then cause the trial to be moved another 3-5 months.

My guess is that the motion will be denied since the lawyer's other trial is set for May 20, 2024 and this trial is set for June 10th.

Fun fact about Loving County, TX:

* Least populous county in all of US (64 people)
* Super duper remote
* All sorts of corruption claims:
* https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/loving-county-texas-voter-fraud-claims-rcna35791
* https://www.newswest9.com/article/news/politics/elections/austin-attorney-is-challenging-the-november-2022-election-results-in-loving-county/513-86a987ea-52ad-48a4-921c-d94a9644fa77

#33594 13 days ago

The judge in Bob's case had said in the commentary that was posted that he had asked another judge to take a case of his to make room for this one. I would imagine this motion is going to be met with a big ol' judicial middle finger to Bob's attorneys. I dont get the impression the judge is keen on Bob's lawyers anyway.

#33595 13 days ago

If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If the law is on your side, argue the law. If neither are on your side, delay.

Many, many years ago, I worked for a true entreprenuer. Started a software company, sold it, retired to San Diego for a few years, then bought another software company in NC. I ran the operations side (development, support, consulting, etc.) so we were lots of calls together (phone and in person) with existing and prospective clients. Oftentimes before these meetings he'd say "We need to teach the horse to speak French" The first time he said that, I had no idea what he meant, so he told me this story:

'Back in Medieval days there saw a great king with a beautiful daughter. One day, the King discovered his stable master was taking liberties with his daughter. Infuriated, he called the stable master to his court and immediately said 'Off with his head!' The stable master said, "Wait! sire, you don't want to do that becuase I have taught your Stallion to speak French!" "What?, preposterous" said the King. "OK, tomorrow morning we will meet at the stables" So the next morning everyone is gathered at the stable when the stable master calls to the horse and says "Bon Jour!". The horse just stands there, motionless. He tries again, nothing. The King has had enough..."Off with his head!" "Wait, wait" says the stable master, "I swear I can teach this horse to speak French. Give me just one year and if he does not speak French, I will willingly lay my head on the chopping block" "OK", says the King, "but just one year, not a day more" And with that the King and entourage leave the stable. At which point the stable boy comes out from where he was hiding and says, "Teach the horse to speak French?!?!? that will never happen!"

To which the stable master says, "probably not, but a lot can happen in a year, I could die, the king could die, the horse could die, another King could conquer us, who knows maybe the horse will learn to speak French!"

Delay is often the best strategy when you got nothing better.

#33596 9 days ago

Still on schedule for June 10th!

IMG_5406 (resized).jpegIMG_5406 (resized).jpeg
#33597 9 days ago

My reading of this (as a graduate of the Ben Heck Law School) is that they’re close to a settlement - which is why all the other deadlines have been axed.

The other deadlines were:

May 17 - Joint pre trial order

May 30 - Final pre trial conference.

#33598 9 days ago
Quoted from Inside:

My reading of this (as a graduate of the Ben Heck Law School) is that they’re close to a settlement - which is why all the other deadlines have been axed.
The other deadlines were:
May 17 - Joint pre trial order
May 30 - Final pre trial conference.

Didn't seem to be the SEC's feeling in their last filings

#33599 8 days ago

I read that (as a total non-lawyer) to mean that they're just going to rehash some of the previous joint pre-trial order stuff and can knock that out quickly at the beginning of trial before jury selection begins. This will go to trial, but it will probably be much shorter than Bob would like since he's already been found liable or guilty or whatever on almost half of what the SEC charged through the Summary Judgement.

#33600 7 days ago

Don't have the permissions to snag:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.49.27?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.49.27?PM (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 672 of 673.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/672 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.