• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 669.
#24901 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:A foam core layout that cost millions to build
[quoted image]

right where it belongs

#24902 2 years ago

Those look like recent photos taken inside the buildings in the city near Chernobyl.

#24903 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A foam core layout that cost millions to build
[quoted image]

Soon to re-themed to "Garbage Truck".

#24904 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wonder If someone just broke in over the last couple weeks and took the others.

Vincent Vega

#24905 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those look like recent photos taken inside the buildings in the city near Chernobyl.

Chernobyl was less toxic.

#24906 2 years ago

I was also sent this picture in the original batch but hesitated posting it. Looks to be from the back wall of that empty office picture but I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me.
December 2020?

thumbnail_IMG_3576 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3576 (resized).jpg

#24907 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was also sent this picture in the original batch but hesitated posting it. Looks to be from the back wall of that empty office picture but I don't know.
December 2020?
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This looks like one of those expensive video mirrors for workouts
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#24908 2 years ago

Looks to be more of a factory minus any production line for Deeproot Pinball. It would be great if pictures are shown over the years of the factory. Looks like Robert can use a bunch of money that was spent over the years as part of a out towards failure. Even quad or octo manufacturing might get people away from line manufacturing. Same with the animation studio since most pinball games have displays for everything. Also throw in the few refunds & trying to do some scheme towards Zidware customers.

As for JPOP maybe he was smart & took a vacation. Funny how so much focus is on him, & no one seems to know where he is. It will upset the mob when he lands on his feet somewhere doing more pinball work.

But since JPOP took peoples money with Zidware, he must be the #1 reason Deeproot Pinball FAILED. History likes to repeat itself. Lots of info posted for people to decide if they want to roll the dice on a deposit or more on a pinball machine not in their possession. I rolled the dice twice with Jack, could lost everything (second game I almost did). Had my brand new WOZ out of the box crap out at the show. They got a part from the game next to it at the show so the distributors pin was just a display (off).

Finally over all the years going to shows, operating & servicing, producing playfields & backglass, other parts & pioneering uv inkjet playfield production. I applaud all those working in the pinball biz. I truely hope all employees find employment elsewhere quickly.

Finally lucky for me I could not go to Pinball Expo this year & do a seminar on Deeproot Pinball (my thoughts) on how to try to survive & actually make pinball games. Also I have left the Raza thread after the SEC came out. Maybe the constant gloaters should try & refrain themselves.

#24909 2 years ago

This was mandatory training for Robert:

#24910 2 years ago

December 2020 calendar? Is there any evidence of ANYONE working in this building since December?

If this were merely a civil case with buyers trying to recover their deposits that photo would be very damning. It helps prove this ended before Robert was giving false updates and offering refunds in the spring.

#24911 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Even quad or octo manufacturing might get people away from line manufacturing.

Robert's made up manufacturing process ain't doing anything.

As for JPOP maybe he was smart & took a vacation.

He should take a long, long vacation.

I truely hope all employees find employment elsewhere quickly.

You mean except for JPOP, right? (Unless you mean as a barista.)

Finally lucky for me I could not go to Pinball Expo this year & do a seminar on Deeproot Pinball (my thoughts) on how to try to survive & actually make pinball games.

And lucky for everyone else, I suppose.

#24912 2 years ago

Oi0poo

Quoted from benheck:

December 2020 calendar? Is there any evidence of ANYONE working in this building since December?
If this were merely a civil case with buyers trying to recover their deposits that photo would be very damning. It helps prove this ended before Robert was giving false updates and offering refunds in the spring.

You can look at my parking lot post in June.

Went from full to empty at the end of July.

Any evidence from employees that they weren’t there? They were. They were busy burning through the rest of the PPP money

Speaking of which, where is everybody now?

#24913 2 years ago

So Ice you're suggesting his second PPP loan was used to float payroll of the few remaining employees?

It certainly wasn't because Texas was enacting any government shutdowns a year after re-opening. So yeah. More fraud.

#24914 2 years ago

Looks to be more of a factory minus any production line for Deeproot Pinball.

I mean, so, just a building? I could call my basement a factory if the only requirement is it’s a space that could hold an assembly line.

#24915 2 years ago

Looks to be more of a factory minus any production line for Deeproot Pinball. It would be great if pictures are shown over the years of the factory. Looks like Robert can use a bunch of money that was spent over the years as part of a out towards failure. Even quad or octo manufacturing might get people away from line manufacturing. Same with the animation studio since most pinball games have displays for everything. Also throw in the few refunds & trying to do some scheme towards Zidware customers.
As for JPOP maybe he was smart & took a vacation. Funny how so much focus is on him, & no one seems to know where he is. It will upset the mob when he lands on his feet somewhere doing more pinball work.
But since JPOP took peoples money with Zidware, he must be the #1 reason Deeproot Pinball FAILED. History likes to repeat itself. Lots of info posted for people to decide if they want to roll the dice on a deposit or more on a pinball machine not in their possession. I rolled the dice twice with Jack, could lost everything (second game I almost did). Had my brand new WOZ out of the box crap out at the show. They got a part from the game next to it at the show so the distributors pin was just a display (off).
Finally over all the years going to shows, operating & servicing, producing playfields & backglass, other parts & pioneering uv inkjet playfield production. I applaud all those working in the pinball biz. I truely hope all employees find employment elsewhere quickly.
Finally lucky for me I could not go to Pinball Expo this year & do a seminar on Deeproot Pinball (my thoughts) on how to try to survive & actually make pinball games. Also I have left the Raza thread after the SEC came out. Maybe the constant gloaters should try & refrain themselves.

599EA2B3-DF3A-4AEA-828B-FEB08077FE89.jpeg599EA2B3-DF3A-4AEA-828B-FEB08077FE89.jpeg
#24916 2 years ago

But since JPOP took peoples money with Zidware, he must be the #1 reason Deeproot Pinball FAILED.

Jpop is gonna reach out to Benny, get the old gang together, for one more rodeo.

#24917 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So Ice you're suggesting his second PPP loan was used to float payroll of the few remaining employees?
It certainly wasn't because Texas was enacting any government shutdowns a year after re-opening. So yeah. More fraud.

Well yeah that’s what he did. Thus, the fraud and gross negligence committed won’t protect him from being sued individually.

#24918 2 years ago

From this photo, it looks like there's a ton of parts bins in the back, and in the front it looks very similar to the cabinet supports that spooky built early on so it looks like Robert had SOME intention of some sort of production area?

Also it looks like cardboard gaylords (yes that's a term). That's usually the way plastic pellets are shipped, but it could be something else heavy being shipped in them (like pinball legs).

pinball_cabinet_table (resized).pngpinball_cabinet_table (resized).png

#24919 2 years ago

Finally lucky for me I could not go to Pinball Expo this year & do a seminar on Deeproot Pinball (my thoughts)

Lucky for YOU?

#24920 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That’s exactly what PPP loans are for, paying salaries. If you can’t prove you paid x% (think it’s 60%?) towards salaries you don’t get forgiveness.

PPP is intentionally vague other than the salary requirements. The US Gov did not want to get in the business of determining what was a good or healthy business or not. It just wanted to keep jobs going during a jobs Armageddon which is what happened in 2020 when everything shut down. So as long as you spend it on a business with employees and kept salaries flowing (and the govt keeps collecting its taxes against the salary), then you are mostly clear. However, I am surprised deeproot was even eligible, since I thought you had to show a decline of 25% of revenue in 2020 compared to 2019. I can’t imagine deeproot had any revenue. Although I guess if all these companies are doing business with each other in theory it could be possible. God I wish I could see deeproots taxes for the last five years. Gotta be a shitload of chicanery.

#24921 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

From this photo, it looks like there's a ton of parts bins in the back, and in the front it looks very similar to the cabinet supports that spooky built early on so it looks like Robert had SOME intention of some sort of production area?
Also it looks like cardboard gaylords (yes that's a term). That's usually the way plastic pellets are shipped, but it could be something else heavy being shipped in them (like pinball legs).
[quoted image]

That’s on the very back side of the building. I don’t see any pins left. I know one person who saw 10 Razas in various stages of completion

#24922 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well yeah that’s what he did. Thus, the fraud and gross negligence committed won’t protect him from being sued individually.

Sure but there won't be anything left after the SEC gets done with him.

Whadda gonna take, the fillings from his teeth?

#24923 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

That’s exactly what PPP loans are for, paying salaries. If you can’t prove you paid x% (think it’s 60%?) towards salaries you don’t get forgiveness.
PPP is intentionally vague other than the salary requirements. The US Gov did not want to get in the business of determining what was a good or healthy business or not. It just wanted to keep jobs going during a jobs Armageddon which is what happened in 2020 when everything shut down. So as long as you spend it on a business with employees and kept salaries flowing (and the govt keeps collecting its taxes against the salary), then you are mostly clear. However, I am surprised deeproot was even eligible, since I thought you had to show a decline of 25% of revenue in 2020 compared to 2019. I can’t imagine deeproot had any revenue. Although I guess if all these companies are doing business with each other in theory it could be possible. God I wish I could see deeproots taxes for the last five years. Gotta be a shitload of chicanery.

I think they double dipped on that Utah set up and never used that PPP for those folks.

Had to be because they were gone by the second go round

#24924 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sure but there won't be anything left after the SEC gets done with him.
Whadda gonna take, the fillings from his teeth?

Probably. He’s likely to get disbarred, fined by the SEC, restitution, civil suits and potentially criminal charges

He bragged about having big bucks personally. It’ll be like the vultures picking over a dead deer’s carcass on the side of the road until there is nothing left

Kind of funny how Mr Big mouth fell into river of shit. How ironic.

#24925 2 years ago

The deposits for the pins was the last desperate money grab as the house of cards was falling.

This part was likely criminal, so he offered refunds to hopefully cover the criminal aspect vs just the civil as a failing business.

The timeline and pics you guys have gathered over the last year may prove to be incriminating for a criminal filing, as the current statements by the SEC are only civil issues.

#24926 2 years ago

Look at the Deeproot picture with whitewoods on the wall. Can you see what the cans are like Rustoleum. Do not think it is gloss clear. Also does someone know what the whitewoods are.

#24927 2 years ago

Look at the Deeproot picture with whitewoods on the wall. Can you see what the cans are like Rustoleum. Do not think it is gloss clear. Also does someone know what the whitewoods are.

Those are deep root trade secrets you moocher!!!

If you want to know this stuff it’s going to cost you.

#24928 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving douche. Maybe karma is real after all.

#24929 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A foam core layout that cost millions to build

Well, I'll be darned, that's my foamcore layout. Built around March of 2019, well before anybody suspected fraud from Robert. Yeah, Robert bragged about a lot of things he was going to accomplish, but I, nor any of the other employees, knew anything about any fraudulent deals made by Robert. Nobody knew anything until the SEC charges were filed a couple weeks ago. I left in fall of 2019 for a couple of reasons. One was because, in my opinion, he was wasting investors money on equipment that a start-up shouldn't be buying until they had a couple of games produced.

b657e9f1b8ffb0fb9dfd0f0b07736e10fd04f163 (resized).jpgb657e9f1b8ffb0fb9dfd0f0b07736e10fd04f163 (resized).jpg
#24930 2 years ago

Purple Rustoleum - whoppdy doo. That was probably Jpops.

#24931 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Well, I'll be darned, that's my foamcore layout. Built around March of 2019, well before anybody suspected fraud from Robert. Yeah, Robert bragged about a lot of things he was going to accomplish, but I, nor any of the other employees, knew anything about any fraudulent deals made by Robert. Nobody knew anything until the SEC charges were filed a couple weeks ago. I left in fall of 2019 for a couple of reasons. One was because, in my opinion, he was wasting investors money on equipment that a start-up shouldn't be buying until they had a couple of games produced.
[quoted image]

“Knowing” and “suspecting” are different things.

Seems hard to believe there wasn’t a single skeptic among the deep root crew till 2 weeks ago. There were plenty outside of the building, that’s for sure.

People over there had to be wondering how Rob planned on turning a profit after several years already of this nonsense and burning cash like it was winter after the nuclear apocalypse.

#24932 2 years ago

Maybe there is another RM company that sold electronics production equipment….

#24933 2 years ago

I don't see an Octopus or a tank in any of the pictures - No evidence of Octo manufacturing.

#24934 2 years ago

Built around March of 2019, well before anybody suspected fraud from Robert.

Got some bad news for you...

#24935 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Knowing” and “suspecting” are different things.

Seems hard to believe there wasn’t a single skeptic among the deep root crew till 2 weeks ago. There were plenty outside of the building, that’s for sure.

People over there had to be wondering how Rob planned on turning a profit after several years already of this nonsense and burning cash like it was winter after the nuclear apocalypse.

Suspecting is not proof. Do you understand what an NDA is? Robert certainly does. I have no knowledge of anything that happened at deeproot after I left in the fall of 2019.

#24936 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably. He’s likely to get disbarred, fined by the SEC, restitution, civil suits and potentially criminal charges
He bragged about having big bucks personally. It’ll be like the vultures picking over a dead deer’s carcass on the side of the road until there is nothing left

Let us know when he is disbarred! It would be nice to send about 50 useless lawsuits his way so he has to spend to defend! Karma is a fickle bitch!

#24937 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Also looks like there's a wheelchair lift between floor levels
[quoted image]
Wait.. this makes perfect sense! Pinball designers only. JPOP is handicapped, he's psychotic

It might be one of those shaftless elevators?!?

#24938 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Any other company would have windows blocked off showing off anything they didn't want the public to see. Robert leaves all the whitewoods right in front of a window for someone to take photos of.

nordmanite (resized).pngnordmanite (resized).png
#24939 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Any other company would have windows blocked off showing off anything they didn't want the public to see. Robert leaves all the whitewoods right in front of a window for someone to take photos of.

Robert's planned space for manufacturing had floor to ceiling windows on two sides!

#24940 2 years ago

This is new: Deeproot may have more trouble filling its (still!) open positions because it appears the company's HR software account may be suspended:

https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.06.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.06.54 PM (resized).png

https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118&source=other
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.04.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.04.38 PM (resized).png

https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/ reroutes to...
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.05.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.05.03 PM (resized).png

Whereas some other random company that uses the same software (https://phantomspace.bamboohr.com/) reroutes to:
Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.10.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-29 at 3.10.34 PM (resized).png

#24941 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Let us know when he is disbarred! It would be nice to send about 50 useless lawsuits his way so he has to spend to defend! Karma is a fickle bitch!

"I'm gonna hit every other company with nuisance lawsuits to slow them down" - RM when trying to buy Spooky in 2015.

#24942 2 years ago

[quoted image]

...and reason number two??

#24943 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Here's the funny thing... RM thought he had to innovate so much, jam tech and over the top new ideas into pins to appeal to the younger buyers.

Well, my wife is much younger than me (33) and of all the pins I've owned, her favorite by far is EATPM. She said I can never sell it. Why? Because it's simple but FUN. She doesn't want monitors and screens and high tech b.s. Just some fun shots, fun call outs, and rules that are understandable without a degree.

Good job on EATPM, Mr. Nordman. It still holds up today.

#24944 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"I'm gonna hit every other company with nuisance lawsuits to slow them down" - RM when trying to buy Spooky in 2015.

#24945 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Dennis, you are a saint and a "Canary in a Coalmine" when it comes to pinball. Bravo sir!

#24946 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Got some bad news for you...

Lol it brings me so much joy when people from other companies or areas of actual pinball production chime in on deeproot. I'm happy to see that the real guys were just as disgusted with Robert as all of us regular pinball joes were. I really appreciate the insight from Nordman as well, I hope there's more to come.

#24947 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This is new: Deeproot may have more trouble filling its (still!) open positions because it appears the company's HR software account may be suspended:
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/
[quoted image]
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118&source=other
[quoted image]
https://deeproot.bamboohr.com/ reroutes to...
[quoted image]
Whereas some other random company that uses the same software (https://phantomspace.bamboohr.com/) reroutes to:
[quoted image]

For the record, HTTP code 410 translated LS to "Gone". Meaning, page DID exist, but not anymore.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/410

#24948 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

For the record, HTTP code 410 translated LS to "Gone". Meaning, page DID exist, but not anymore.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/410

Oh yeah, they definitely existed. Likely that they are now "gone" because account is suspended.

#24949 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Shut downs have nothing to do with how PPP loans work, im not saying he’s not a crook. But in this regard you are not informed.

#24950 2 years ago

It’s pretty valuable if DR tried to challenge the credit card charge backs they’re getting hit with. I’m not sure how they can, but who knows what they try.

Quoted from benheck:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/499 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.