Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 627 of 672.
#31301 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A listener should respond with something when queried, even when it's just an http browser query.
A listener typically responds with an error message or blank page. A 404 server error usually means there is literally no file there.
However, a supplimental/custom/non-standard error code for a standard server error code is a new one to me. I didn't realize that could be done.

I'm fairly sure that the server is just rendering the 'error' page. It looks the same in every browser

#31302 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

I'm fairly sure that the server is just rendering the 'error' page. It looks the same in every browser

Nice catch. Yeah, the web server is supplying the code for that page.

#31303 1 year ago

I believe I've cracked the code. It says “Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.”

#31304 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice catch. Yeah, the web server is supplying the code for that page.

Yup. Server code for those URLs = 200, not 404.

#31305 1 year ago

Not that it helps further anything; but, I ran several api tests using postman against those sites listed and didn’t get anything that stood out in the responses. SOAP post based as well as some rest based calls. The thought was maybe those pages were api endpoints that could give some additional clues; but, all of them kicked back “page could not be found” data.

#31306 1 year ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Not that it helps further anything; but, I ran several api tests using postman against those sites listed and didn’t get anything that stood out in the responses. SOAP post based as well as some rest based calls. The thought was maybe those pages were api endpoints that could give some additional clues; but, all of them kicked back “page could not be found” data.

Bummer. Any other way we can subvert this thing to get it to show us hidden directories? I'm not having any luck trying to figure it out in a legitimate fashion.

#31307 1 year ago

Stop looking at the trees and look at the forest...

#31308 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I believe I've cracked the code. It says “Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.”

Wow, that’s a deep cut!

#31309 1 year ago

You know it's a slow news time when the biggest recent update is the owner of the erstwhile deeproot HQ getting $212k (though none of it for pain and suffering)

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 6.25.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at 6.25.13 AM (resized).png

I'll note that there was to be a future hearing on this motion for June 24 (rescheduled from June 18). I don't know what happened with that (whether a hearing was took place at another time or the judge made a decision without holding one).

deeprootcapital-127-2022.06.23.pdfdeeprootcapital-127-2022.06.23.pdf

#31310 1 year ago

I wish they would do this to those court orders instead of "Is SO ORDERERED"

make-it-so-jean-luc-picard.gifmake-it-so-jean-luc-picard.gif
#31311 1 year ago

"Twenty words to find, twenty characters in the hidden url. Coincidence? Certainly not. You have everything you need, no hacking necessary."

#31312 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

"Twenty words to find, twenty characters in the hidden url. Coincidence? Certainly not. You have everything you need, no hacking necessary."

Have you seen Marvel's What If...Ultron Won? I feel like our puzzler is The Watcher and I'm Clint Barton fumbling through KGB files.

#31313 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Where did that come from?

#31315 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Where did that come from?

deeprootpinball.com

Most recent base 64 clue in the source.

------

Some of the bits Seraph found were out of my knowledge realm for sure.

Latest clue seems to suggest it should be achievable, but I was at a loss.

I previously tried using Seraph's Hex numbers with the wordsearch in many ways with no luck...even attempted "quad manufacturing" ( ) by multiplying them by 4 (was curious as the numbers didn't go beyond 100, and there was 400 in the grid), but never found anything that was making sense....in alphabetical order, left to right on the word-bank, or with the letters in numerical order...

#31316 1 year ago

Is it just me or have the images been inverted? Maybe clue. Also I have tried the first letter of each word for the URL, also the last letter, in different orders since the clue was 20 words, 20 letter URL. Just not sure what order they need to be in and I have a sinking suspicion that the order needs to be inverted somehow.

#31317 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

Also I have tried the first letter of each word for the URL, also the last letter, in different orders since the clue was 20 words, 20 letter URL. Just not sure what order they need to be in and I have a sinking suspicion that the order needs to be inverted somehow.

This is quickly going from a fun diversion into "OG King's Quest Rumplestiltskin riddle" territory.

#31318 1 year ago

When does the new company startup so we can buy some of these machines?

#31319 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

This is quickly going from a fun diversion into "OG King's Quest Rumplestiltskin riddle" territory.

I was thinking more like Monkey Island, but yes, the obtuse reasoning of point and click adventures. I just hope it does not end up like that one puzzle in Full Throttle that was pixel hunting on the right spot to kick on a wall.

#31320 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

You know it's a slow news time when the biggest recent update is the owner of the erstwhile deeproot HQ getting $212k (though none of it for pain and suffering)
[quoted image]
I'll note that there was to be a future hearing on this motion for June 24 (rescheduled from June 18). I don't know what happened with that (whether a hearing was took place at another time or the judge made a decision without holding one).
[quoted image]

Sounds like the landlord jumped in front of those unfortunately unknowing investors - nice move.

#31321 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

response to Uncle Ben’s video….

Many moons ago the was once a heavy weight company promising the moon. Of course once in a blue moon they provided a picture or 2 promising future owners something rare so they kept jumping over the moon.

Of course when the honeymoon ended and the moonshine was no more this heavy, heavy weight company did a moonlight flit!

#31322 1 year ago

Perhaps it's something basic enough like combining. one character from each of the twenty words.

Quoted from DoorCounty:

Sounds like the landlord jumped in front of those unfortunately unknowing investors - nice move.

Presumably they were able to because they were secured creditors ('presumably' because I don't want to go back through the court filings to confirm).

#31323 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

IYKYK, that’s a sick burn.

#31324 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Upvoted solely for the horrible puzzle reference.

#31325 1 year ago
secret_of_deeproot_island (resized).jpgsecret_of_deeproot_island (resized).jpg
#31326 1 year ago

Words, words, words…

Is Robert Mueller in prison yet?
If not, why not?

#31327 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If not, why not?

Well, for one thing, he hasn't actually been charged with any crimes yet.
I have confidence that he will end up behind bars, but such things take way longer in real life than movies or TV would suggest.
The wheels of justice grind slowly.

#31328 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Words, words, words…
If not, why not?

#31329 1 year ago

I guess I'm posting this because I want to participate but I cant keep up with you code breakers.

And I say that with great respect.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#31330 1 year ago

Atomic powered pinball? I guess that deeproot's problem didn't end with the Underwriters Lab certification.

Perhaps the deeproot release was delayed by the Atomic Energy Commission. . .remember that window in the BHZA cabinet designed to view the nuclear reactor?

20220626_171509 (resized).jpg20220626_171509 (resized).jpg20220626_171542 (resized).jpg20220626_171542 (resized).jpg
#31331 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Words, words, words…
If not, why not?

Drat RobertMuellerinjail is only 19 letters, only one off for the secrete URL, and RobertMullerisinjail is 21 letters... how unfair life can be at times.

#31332 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

EDIT: "Look deeper. It has been hiding in plain sight. New word, eight letters. Think dino playing a children's game. P.S. There is indeed a prize for the one who first discovers the secret."

T-rex= J-Pop

Childrens game= Pinball

8 letters= Popadiuk

Sigh...

#31333 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Perhaps it's something basic enough like combining. one character from each of the twenty words.

Probably so, but we've tried a lot of different options there and haven't come up with anything yet. I even looked to see if only 20 letters of the alphabet were used among the words. No luck; there were 24. J & Q were the odd men out.

#31334 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

T-rex= J-Pop
Childrens game= Pinball
8 letters= Popadiuk
Sigh...

I think "steghide" satisifed the "dino children's game" clue, but the fake 404 pages that they cribbed from Chrome do contain the code for the Chrome Dino game.

#31335 1 year ago

Re: "forest for trees"

Tried going left/right top/bottom with only the letters from found clues (no repeats). No dice.
https://deeprootpinball.com/prfkmxioicaenmvugdnererieeoadtcnennlaapinpodgoptilzysrioitrpuisaiotorseinoogesrlteflmoeiayirtacinarasodtotbbynahktdndleuanirgwycapmerlinsarcadehkevedisniponreeiegaenihcamdf

Tried doing the same with unused letters only. No dice.
https://deeprootpinball.com/fzvhcyvhafccymnpmiijpyzwpkpkiqvyobunhxculmswvjuwmbpxeovgpukumwnhychwkccqyykcbpptrxyclvstaajjfhzmnglibpunxzgcqjggjbqgmwyjokxuqqllttnvbrklivzehabdnykqrgvtnlouyftjejbqapunuskjyxllnlotrouohxvyrnnaucjsnvtenprfzrleplndegrmxpizn

If anyone wants to check my typing, feel free.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: I haven't been following along for all the words found/added outside of those listed below the puzzle.. so maybe I'm missing an 8 letter word that would change the URLs above slightly? Anyway, more time than I care to devote to figuring it out.

#31336 1 year ago

The 6th clue said it was only a 20 letter hidden URL:

#31337 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

So, what, it's an acrostic?

#31338 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

#31339 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe the first letter of each of those 20 words..
But that would be a LOT of "P"s.. Heh.

#31340 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is my current guess.

Quoted from Coyote:

Maybe the first letter of each of those 20 words..
But that would be a LOT of "P"s.. Heh.

Tried that, also tried the last letter in the names as well. Tried picking off the words in the order they appear in the word search but had no luck, but i might have had a few errors. Also now that the images are "inverted", that is white is now black and black is now white, I wonder if that has something to do with it. But this is all a guess and to be honest I am not good at this puzzle stuff, so it all could be a wild goose chase. I was hoping someone smarter then me would chime in and point out something "obvious" and lead us down a better path.

EDIT: sweet baby jesus, somehow I missed the previous page of this thread. Now after reading it and about Hex code errors for the URLs I know I am out of my depth. I have been thinking WAY to simplistically about this. I think I will go bang rocks together in my back yard, that seems to be more my speed.

#31341 1 year ago

Think it will come down to how quickly does the puppet master wants this solved and giving clues sufficient to arrive at that outcome. I'm paying attention and glad to see what happens. But I'm not spending continued time working on what's there if there isn't enough there to reasonably arrive at the solution (though I'm all for those who are).

#31342 1 year ago

Each row/column contains twenty letters. Hmmm, could it be one of the rows/columns?

#31343 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

95% chance the person responsible read Ready Player One and thought it was good.

#31344 1 year ago

Now I know when an acrostic is!

#31345 1 year ago

A team of Dutch designers got a Magic Girl to fully function. . .interesting demo.

#31346 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

A team of Dutch designers got a Magic Girl to fully function. . .interesting demo.

Still never saw the ball get sucked up by the magnet to go up to those ramps, but yea they fixed a lot of it. Ironic isn't it, hobbyists fixed a broken game a PINBALL DEISGNER couldn't figure out how to finish. this only proves one thing...
STOP HIRING AND PAYING JPOP TO DESIGN PINBALL!! HE.. IS..A..HACK!

#31347 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh, and head back over to the DR thread, they need help solving puzzles

Quoted from iceman44:

Have you solved the puzzles yet?
Maybe it’s the Q crowd playing tricks
I’m sure Bobby is a member
Let us know when you figure it out

He was once a ferocious commentator in this thread, now reduced to stalking us and ridiculing behind our backs.

Gone but not forgotten.

#31348 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He was once a ferocious commentator in this thread, now reduced to stalking us and ridiculing behind our backs.
Gone but not forgotten.

I don't get faulting people for trying to solve an obscure, low stakes puzzle... seems like a perfectly good filler activity while we wait for this break in legal activity to pass.

Is Ice mad he can't take this ball and go home? Mad that the kids at the playground are still having "fun?"

#31349 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Still never saw the ball get sucked up by the magnet to go up to those ramps, but yea they fixed a lot of it. Ironic isn't it, hobbyists fixed a broken game a PINBALL DEISGNER couldn't figure out how to finish. this only proves one thing...
STOP HIRING AND PAYING JPOP TO DESIGN PINBALL!! HE.. IS..A..HACK!

And worse, he's a lazy hack.

#31350 1 year ago

I just saw US Attorney Ashley Hoff, who would be the individual making the final decision regarding Robert Mueller, get a national case with the truck of migrants dying in her jurisdiction. This seems like the type of case which can elevate her career to the pinnacle of the justice department. Which is a lifetime appointment to the bench, a federal judgeship.

I sincerely hope she doesn't remove assets from the Mueller "case". Having experienced our justice dept firsthand, I found the vast majority of FBI agents, Marshalls, correctional officers, and others to be professional. Doing their job. I honestly respected those I came in contact with, and was given respect back for the most part. But these asst US attorneys and US attorneys are different.

One US attorney signed off on charging me with taking millions INTO Mexico when they knew for a fact I didn't. I transported some money across states lines and was charged accordingly. I had another US attorney sign off on indicting me on this same damn pot in another district across the country. Charged with conspiracy with possession in one district and possession in another. Same pot. And I had never even been in that other state. These US attorneys play God with people's lives, as they have most of the power in our federal system because of how it's set up with the federal guidelines.

I hope she is a better person than the US attorneys who indicted me. I somehow doubt it. If this were a drug case Mr Mueller would have been indicted months ago. But since he only ripped off old people, he gets much different treatment than those of us who sold pot. I broke the law and deserved much of what I had to face. It's past time for Robert to deal with his punishment. The only adequate excuse to me would be that there are additional defendants and the investigation is ongoing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 627 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/627 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.