• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 669.
#12451 3 years ago

What a fucking disaster.

#12452 3 years ago
50ef81ff8d0720f3aeca037fd5f2218a (resized).jpg50ef81ff8d0720f3aeca037fd5f2218a (resized).jpg
#12453 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Back on topic
How many days?

10!

Also I want to mention that Steve Bowden is posting Raza updates DAILY (workdays) at the moment. - Sure, not the kind of updates some would want but I'm happy to see that they're still rolling!

twitch-poster-pic-01 (resized).jpgtwitch-poster-pic-01 (resized).jpg
#12454 3 years ago

wrb1977 - do you work at DR???

You downvote every negative post about them.

#12455 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Back on topic
How many days?

Until what? More broken promises? More photos of games that look like they belong in the 50s? The car threat has been much more entertaining .

Deeproot are going nowhere. JJP are about to release another game.. Hype is awesome, People are excited to see it, touch it and play it.

Deeproot have hammer tested their heads a bit too much I think.

#12456 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I understand the settlement, just pointing out Deeproot was not the one that collected the now lost money.

No. - deeproot offered to take —more— money to up someone’s credit towards new games. We just don’t know if anyone took them up on that.

They were trying to get people to put money in the pot for the lure of “more games”... i doubt anyone fell for it and those who were in deep are probably the ones who optd to stay with the lawsuit.

#12457 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Back on topic
How many days?

Deep root will never mass produce and ship any pinball machines.

Maybe some day someone gets to trade that quote for a stupid t shirt but I’m feeling pretty good about the prediction.

#12458 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe some day someone gets to trade that quote for a stupid t shirt but I’m feeling pretty good about the prediction.

wrb1977 ... ???

Wait for it....

#12459 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

wrb1977 ... ???
Wait for it....

That guy must be on deep root’s payroll!!!!!!

!!!!!!

#12460 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe after food truck pin DR can do other food/truck themed pins.

Maybe after deeproot Jpop can go work at a food truck.

#12461 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would you care to wager that confidence? A 6 month “produce and ship pinball machines” wager. 100% donation to Pinside. By March games roll. I think $50 is a good donation to pass time. Can’t loose either way really.

#12462 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would you care to wager that confidence? A 6 month “produce and ship pinball machines” wager. 100% donation to Pinside. By March games roll. I think $50 is a good donation to pass time. Can’t loose either way really.

Nah. If you want to make a donation to pinside you don’t need a dumb bet to do it.

I’ve done - and won - one pinside bet and that’s enough for me. You don’t need to “prove” your opinions here by betting on them. Thats not the point of this place last I checked.

Just being right will be enough for me. And if I’m wrong who gives a shit people are wrong here every day.

It’s a no “loose” scenario!

Still waiting for deep root to prove they can make a hammer proof clear coat that doesn’t resemble a 12 year old boy’s face before they ship out those t-shirts!

#12463 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah. If you want to make a donation to pinside you don’t need a dumb bet to do it.
I’ve done - and won - one pinside bet and that’s enough for me. You don’t need to “prove” your opinions here by betting on them. Thats not the point of this place last I checked.
Just being right will be enough for me. And if I’m wrong who gives a shit people are wrong here every day.
It’s a no “loose” scenario!
Still waiting for deep root to prove they can make a hammer proof clear coat that doesn’t resemble a 12 year old boy’s face before they ship out those t-shirts!

Your call wasn’t looking for a right or wrong just a friendly wager on confidence. This hobby could use as many choices as possible. Granted they don’t have to be for everyone but still choices.

#12464 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your call wasn’t looking for a right or wrong just a friendly wager on confidence. This hobby could use as many choices as possible. Granted they don’t have to be for everyone but still choices.

You should challenge deep root to some bets to gauge their confidence!!

They have a lot more on the line than I do!

#12465 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

NOooooo!

"Hey John, I've been waiting for my sandwich for 20 minutes now!"
"I haven't started making ANY sandwich yet. First I have to design the cardboard container to hold the sandwich, then I have to do develop the artwork for the box"
"So how much longer?"
"Probably like 3-4 months at least"

#12466 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You should challenge deep root to some bets to gauge their confidence!!
They have a lot more on the line than I do!

Kind of am. When they build a game I will purchase and judge it and the company when I have my hands on it. Good or bad.

#12467 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kind of am. When they build a game I will purchase and judge it and the company when I have my hands on it. Good or bad.

You are committing to buying a RAZA?

Why on earth would you do that? It looks terrible!

#12468 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And I think it looks great! Different viewpoints. You can have yours I can have mine! I welcome new opportunity vs hate it by assumption.

#12469 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"Hey John, I've been waiting for my sandwich for 20 minutes now!"
"I haven't started making ANY sandwich yet. First I have to design the cardboard container to hold the sandwich, then I have to do develop the artwork for the box"
"So how much longer?"
"Probably like 3-4 months at least"

...but I'll take pre-payment now.....AND for the next sandwich...

#12470 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Artwork by Robert Crumb.
[quoted image]

I would be very tempted to buy any pin with Crumb artwork.

#12471 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Steve Bowden is posting Raza updates DAILY

Where?

#12473 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

wrb1977 - do you work at DR???
You downvote every negative post about them.

Yes. The daily commute from Pittsburgh to San Antonio is definitely not ideal, but the opportunity to work with the team at deeproot was a once in a lifetime opportunity I could not pass up. It puts a strain on our marriage, however, my wife supports me 100% and just wants me to be happy!

I don’t downvote constructive criticism...I downvote stupidity.

#12474 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That guy must be on deep root’s payroll!!!!!!
!!!!!!

Ka-Ching!!!!!

#12475 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

wrb1977 ... ???
Wait for it....

Read what I wrote in post #12085 in this thread...the answers you may be looking for are contained within.

#12476 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also am planning on buying a RAZA, especially since I get an employee discount! In my opinion what we’ve seen so far looks fantastic and is a breath of fresh air. Seeing the video of Steve Bowden hitting the ramp shot a few times in a row was encouraging. I feel the production version will be more refined and a definite game changer...that is...if they can ever get the line moving!

#12478 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Yes. The daily commute from Pittsburgh to San Antonio is definitely not ideal, but the opportunity to work with the team at deeproot was a once in a lifetime opportunity I could not pass up. It puts a strain on our marriage, however, my wife supports me 100% and just wants me to be happy!
I don’t downvote constructive criticism...I downvote stupidity.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Read what I wrote in post #12085 in this thread...the answers you may be looking for are contained within.

Quoted from wrb1977:

I also am planning on buying a RAZA, especially since I get an employee discount! In my opinion what we’ve seen so far looks fantastic and is a breath of fresh air. Seeing the video of Steve Bowden hitting the ramp shot a few times in a row was encouraging. I feel the production version will be more refined and a definite game changer...that is...if they can ever get the line moving!

#12479 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Seeing the video of Steve Bowden hitting the ramp shot a few times in a row was encouraging.

What , seeing a world-class player make a ramp a few times is encouraging ?
Even pinball Adventures , a guy who couldn't make a book , has come out with a pin available to buy .
I've always tried to be positive about them but after their latest debacle , I just don't care anymore .

#12480 3 years ago

After watching the ramp shot a few times, it looks like the ball has assistance from a kicker or magnet to get all the way up.

#12481 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I've always tried to be positive about them but after their latest debacle , I just don't care anymore .

And yet, you are still in this thread.

#12482 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And yet, you are still in this thread.

Where else am I gonna post about how I feel about Dr , in the Guns N Roses thread which is going off because you'll be able to actually buy a cool pinball machine ?

#12483 3 years ago

2090 days of deeproot and counting.....

#12484 3 years ago

I actually want them to go well but if it takes outside people to tell them their product is no good , with all their professional people , it makes me have no confidence in them .

#12485 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Where else am I gonna post about how I feel about Dr , in the Guns N Roses thread which is going off because you'll be able to actually buy a cool pinball machine ?

His point was you said you just don’t care anymore.

Why would anyone waste their own time to post in a thread they no longer care about?

Answer...they either do actually care about deeproot being successful and are simply frustrated by all the delays, are a narcissist, or are trolling.

I believe you do care and are simply frustrated with delay after delay like myself. Hopefully all these delays pay off and deeproot gets it “right”.

#12486 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I actually want them to go well but if it takes outside people to tell them their product is no good , with all their professional people , it makes me have no confidence in them .

Agreed.

#12487 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

His point was you said you just don’t care anymore.
Why would anyone waste their own time to post in a thread they no longer care about?
Answer...they either do actually care about deeproot being successful and are simply frustrated by all the delays, are a narcissist, or are trolling.
I believe you do care and are simply frustrated with delay after delay like myself. Hopefully all these delays pay off and deeproot gets it “right”.

I guess you're right , I've always wished them the best , look at all my previous posts .
It was the little things that got me about their reveal .
Parts not there , misaligned flippers , broken ramp .
It seemed like they didn't care , so why should I . I'm not getting my hopes up until I see an actual final product that is for sale .

#12488 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Hopefully all these delays pay off and deeproot gets it “right”.

Since we now know you're working for them, just tell us!

#12489 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

10!
Also I want to mention that Steve Bowden is posting Raza updates DAILY (workdays) at the moment. - Sure, not the kind of updates some would want but I'm happy to see that they're still rolling!
[quoted image]

NINE

On TWIP is a link to one of Deeproots animator's Facebook page including some animations of upcoming games.
(Can't open Facebook from work.)

#12490 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You realize Deeproot didn’t Take anyone’s money to return it right?

Sure, but you realize ... they have refunded monies previously, for reasons that have been explained in this thread time and again.

I just thought maybe the cash offer could be made again, due to the fact, no pins are available to those who chose that option.

#12491 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hed screw that up too. Youd order a taco and hed give you a vegan salad....

#12492 3 years ago

Still can't believe there are people who were swindled by JPop, hit the life lottery when a rich egomaniac volunteered to pay the debt, and doubled down on their poor judgement by saying, "no, keep the money, I'm sure this time will be different."

#12493 3 years ago

Meanwhile it's 8 years after the Pinside "release" date for RAZA, and the latest headline is You Can Make The Ramp.

#12494 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Meanwhile it's 8 years after the Pinside "release" date for RAZA, and the latest headline is You Can Make The Ramp.

Multiple times- IN A ROW

#12495 3 years ago

I wan't to add/ correct something from Kanedas & benheck s lates Podcast, regarding JPop/ Zidware.

JPop actually had the offer from Gary Stern that they'd save his ass, aka. produce his game, if he'd do some designs (presumably for free) for them.

JPop declined since this is not "how things are done in his company".

By that time it was allready clear to everyone but JPop that this "Company" was done for.

JPop at least told this story himself years ago, I think it was on Coast 2 Coast.

#12496 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

JPop declined since this is not "how things are done in his company".

At least he was right about one thing.

#12497 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

At least he was right about one thing.

Depends. In his company NOTHING was done.

It's so bitter. He (and us) could've all this burden long gone.

Ok, I'd guess Gary Stern would fit Magic Girl into the Stern Bom and George Gomez has to Rip out 75% of the mechs and replace the other 25%, but we would at least have gotten a working machine. XD

#12498 3 years ago

John's very good at making a "representation" of a game. A shiny box of lights, who cares if the shots don't work look how amazing the art is! Just enough to trick the investors.

Houdini was a perfect example of this. AP didn't realize they'd bought a pig in a poke, but Balcer certainly did. Don't know how many of you saw that thing at Expo 2016 but it was a joke. Looked cool but it wasn't a game.

Think about how many homebrew games we've seen at shows - "made in a garage... With a box of scraps!" John can't even finish one game in 10 years. At what point do people figure this out?

#12499 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

.... Think about how many homebrew games we've seen at shows - "made in a garage... With a box of scraps!" John can't even finish one game in 10 years. At what point do people figure this out?

Imagine how many home-brews DR could have bought for the money they have in RAZA. They could have had a lineup bigger than JJP by now.

#12500 3 years ago

Remember when we were like "man JJP is f****d when Deeproot launches before them and steals GnR sales"? ;')

Good times!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.