Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Hope long is CES?? Lol

Less than 5 days!

3 weeks later
#570 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If that is in fact true, I'd be really curious what a 2 foot x 3 foot sheet of OLED costs

Really, really expensive. Recently worked on a project with a major electronics manufacturer which has some of these in the works (both from a strictly lighting standpoint as well as video) and they had to be purchased, by us, at cost, for use on the project. I don't really want to share nuts and bolts details publicly, but suffice to say we're a loooong way from OLED playfields being a viable production option.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You can buy a 55” OLED TV for like 800 bucks

Sorry, not the same thing.

8 months later
#1855 5 years ago

Why don’t they have a Facebook?

1 month later
#1940 5 years ago

Remember Heighway went out of business at around 2.5m debt..

$750k/month spend is likely a made up figure to puff themselves up/make themselves look bigger.

Even with some inflated numbers I sure wouldn't be spouting off that information in public, nor would I boast about how many people I've allegedly got on staff.

It's definitely an insurmountable figure if true, and likely an insurmountable figure if untrue.

1 month later
#2290 5 years ago

Really surprised that we haven't seen any kind of web presence .... facebook, website with any information, etc.

4 months later
#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So tone deaf. You really need to be working with a PR firm. Seriously, the things that come out of your head should not be sent directly to an open forum without some kind of 3rd party filter. You may think it's funny or maybe you're trolling but it really doesn't come off well when the head of a company (who wants our money) posts things like this. Could you imagine the negative repercussions if Amazon hired Bernie Madoff as CFO and then referred to him as "Berniebaby" while addressing the public?
You really need to reign it in. I was growing ambivalent about the JPop situation in light of what you were offering to his victims. Not any more.

I think this is a good starting point for just how much hubris exists with DR. I've watched this thing unfold since the beginning and I think it's quite clear they (read: Robert) really do think that the pinball community isn't their market. It's everyone else. So, following that line of thinking, it doesn't matter in their mind that they continually speak down to - competitors, loyal pinball customers, and the community as a whole - because it doesn't matter if they piss off those constituencies as it's not the market.

I'll just be sitting here, eating my popcorn, playing my shitty terrible collection of games that spans 40 years, and eagerly awaiting for DR to blow open the pinball market to EVERYONE except those of us who've been involved for a long time.

2 months later
#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

i guess even some moderators have a hard time sifting through 90 pages of nothing.

Nice to see you back!

1 month later
#5004 4 years ago

Man this is amazing. Legitimately one of the few reasons I have left to check-in on pinside every now and then.

10 months later
#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wondering if any of that $$ went to fund pinball?

I'm actually pretty surprised to be reading this so far into the thread. I thought it was generally accepted that DR is some kinda scam and they've been skimming off the dubious investment funds to fund the pinball side? Maybe it's just been me that's been thinking that...for the last year.

For the life of me, I can't figure out where their funding is coming from.

1 month later
#10470 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm the 6 guests had to sign an NDA? I wonder how bad it truly was.

#10502 3 years ago

Obscuring what's actually going on with the "platform" is the wrong move here. Actually, avoiding transparency is always the wrong move. They've had several opportunities now to learn from that mistake, and open themselves up. They are making the wrong decision here, yet again.

Quoted from iceman44:

When there is actually NOTHING to disclose or reveal I fail to see the merits of an NDA?

Well, it stops people from disclosing that it's a steaming pile. We know RM is a litigious individual, so I expect there's some strongly worded language in there to keep people silent.

#10520 3 years ago

Wait a second, I just scrolled the last 15 or so pages and no one's posted shots of this monstrosity?

The photos are out there - surprised they haven't been posted.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People need to see the jagged lock down bar of pain!

I dunno, maybe I wasn't supposed to see them?! God it's awful. Mueller getting near top billing on the BG reallllly takes the cake!

#10541 3 years ago

Behold. The innovation.

PHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-12 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-12 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-18 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-18 (resized).jpg
#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice! Everybody should post their unique and innovative deep root concept. Here’s mine.
[quoted image]

Excellent!

2 months later
#13905 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

- deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines

LMAO. That was THREE years ago. Post #10.

If you're buying one these...yeah um...you've dug your own grave.

#13913 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

$600 /year game for updates is an joke unless the code ships 100% done.

I mean...if you remove a lot of the modes/core gameplay and stick it under the DLC banner...maybe that'll happen?

Who are we kidding though? These won't be shipping.

#14090 3 years ago

Someone should track down the rights holders for The Who and see if they know anything about their likeness being used...

For those who saw the “manufacturing facility”...what was inside? Anything? Empty room?

#14212 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Nice to hear Oursler is working on Goonies.

Did they mention the title by name? Or only refer to it as "80's movie license"?

#14221 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Mueller called it by name, multiple times. It is Goonies. Cut to around 1:01.00 into the interview.

Cool, thanks - appreciate the timestamp and confirmation!

#14266 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If Deep Root actually have The WHo and Goonies licenses

The collective memory of the "collector" must be pretty short.

Strong, strong Skit-B vibes from all this nonsense.

#14358 3 years ago

So, 6 people apparently "saw" the manufacturing facility?

I asked a few pages ago, but -- what was inside of it? Was there equipment? Parts? Tooling? Anything?

#14595 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

So setting up and run production is not a big deal itself especially for RAZA

You, sir, are smoking crack. I just quoted this absurd section, but that whole post is devoid of lots of context. For instance, chalking up the Skit-B fiasco as "licensing issues".

Quoted from Mercifull:

maybe they have come up with a novel way of actually putting together these machines.

Since this thread is all speculation, let's carry out this thought exercise a bit further. What could be novel about building something? Based on what they've said, I'm expecting a lot of connectors, and a lots of wiring. "you there! plug that into this". Novel! But seriously - I am curious what you (or anyone) could offer that might be novel about manufacturing a pinball machine. Sky's the limit! Reach for the stars!

Maybe they've also invented time travel. Maybe they've also enlisted the help of ACTUAL aliens in manufacturing. This idea that a pinball venture, backed by shady investment businesses, is truly innovating in the field of electronics assembly is laughable.

Anyone check on those licenses yet?

#14763 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s all get a room. A good ole fashioned deep root orgy would sort all this out!

Next from DR: Octo-Vibes!

#14816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Do you pinside cry babies have nothing else to do??? Than bitching Deeproot for what?
Go shame yourself, you don't deserve to be in this hobby. Go somewhere else jerking around.

You too take the advice.

#14860 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

#1. They have the $$

They do?

#14874 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I predict we'll be hearing about Chinese New Year being a reason for further delays.

I mean, yes. As someone who deals with Chinese manufacturing/production day-to-day, it's a real risk.

That said, anyone dealing with Chinese production knows this is a critical time. Should have been on this months ago and forecasting for it - both internally and on the supplier side.

So yeah - if excuses are made under these conditions - people should be realistic where blame should be placed: squarely on DR, and not pushed out to nameless, faceless suppliers.

#14967 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They did post dates and they have been re-posted in this thread several times.

Are you talking about their phased timeline? Which shows no solid, real dates, but instead speaks in terms of weeks from a start of...when?

It also specifically states that the first three phases will happen once UL certification happens. Anyone check on UL certifications for Deeproot? Or was that just me?

2 weeks later
#15435 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

has anyone heard about any delivery dates yet?

No, because there aren't any hard delivery dates.

Shipping estimates were based on their UL certifications being complete, which has not happened yet. So you know...they'll ship sometime! We promise!

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I guess most did. It‘s on their website, but kinda vague. Also since this is a process the Games don‘t immediately materialize all at once. (Just writing that since it seems to be the understanding of some (one) vocal (podcasting) people.)

Let‘s say if they don’t start (!) shipping games by the end of march they‘d have broken their own set deadlines... again.

Yeah? On their website? Can you point me to that? Following the menu - "Shop -> Games" leads to a server error. Can't find it anywhere else. If it's there I'd like to know where it's buried.

#15437 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are not waiting on UL certificates this has been discussed already. Facts

Really? Can you point me to that?

#15439 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think it was in multiple places and a podcast or two discussed it they are not shipping to Europe until CE (same as US UL approval) is complete. I think it was in their FAQ on shipping on their site.

I think you must mean this:

Quoted from Mr68:

See screenshot.
If it happens I would hope that the Goodwill agreement people would be first to receive their games. I've never met Fulltilt and I would enjoy seeing a picture of him unboxing his game. Many of the others too and I will quietly celebrate all of them should Deeproot prove me wrong.
[quoted image]

Which again - is nowhere on the Deeproot site now. And further highlights my point - that their phased delivery timeline is TIED to their UL certifications.

Quoted from Yelobird:

They are not waiting on UL certificates this has been discussed already. Facts

So, respectfully, how are they not waiting on UL certs? And where was this "discussed"?

2 weeks later
#15604 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We‘ll never know and it doesn‘t matter.

For once in this thread, I think you're right!

#15677 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In Mid to late March you'll hear more excuses and things not going as well as planned GUARANTEED

my guess is late February. CNY starts next Friday and lasts through about 20 Feb, and as of this week downstream supplier order windows were dwindling.

1 week later
#15840 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If it’s a scam, it’s an awfully stupid one.

Well, I think there's maybe a bad assumption in that statement. Flip it around - what if the pinball community wasn't really the target of the scam? Just a willing, able, ripe market to waste money in?

3 weeks later
#16363 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but the reality is that people are working on games

Quite a statement.

#16451 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?
Point is nobody should care , unless they are owed a game,or they they preordered.

If you care to read why people care, there's 328 pages of posts behind this one. Perhaps you can write up a report, and present it to us.

1 week later
#16769 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have to “ignore” the ignorant which is most of what i see now.

Maybe if we all try REALLY REALLY hard, Ice will ignore everyone...leaving him with a thread where he just speaks to himself.

That's funny, right?

2 weeks later
#17333 3 years ago

Wow what a totally surprising update. Couldn’t have seen that coming.

1 month later
#18457 2 years ago

God this would be such a sad story if it wasn't so damn entertaining. Watching Captain Hubris fail. Thanks Pinside, for sinking the ship! They couldn't have done it without all of us.

What do you think - 6 months left? 4 months? Drag this out past July 4th?

#18489 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

labor shortage is a very real thing

Yeah, and so are shitty wages.

3 months later
#23010 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations for you.
It was NOT a complete and utter scam from the beginning.
The Raza Jpop story was OVER years ago until DR stepped in and made it a possibility again.
It didn’t work out. Pinball is just part of a MUCH bigger story here.
As bad as it looks for Robert he didn’t set out looking to steal $58 million. At least I don’t believe that
Stupid and horrendous management? No doubt

Why is it always you, sitting on the sidelines of all these failed ventures? Pumping them up to the pinside masses?

Even now - when it’s so clear that many were right from the jump - you have the gall to say it wasn’t a scam?

Hope I see you at a show sometime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=robotoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.