• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 669.
#6701 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Dimples - Check
Sledgehammer - Check
Pinball CEOs - Check
The Great Depression of 2020 - Check
Deeproot Pinball - No Check

Somebody gets it!

#6702 4 years ago

Warren Buffet says

"When it's raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble".

Get while the gettin is good.

#6703 4 years ago

Now I can relax. I'm laughing too hard not to.

#6704 4 years ago

I do believe a few maybe four more years of economic growth and stability are possible. Thriving so there is even more competition in the burrito chase. But others can't seem to be able to sit back and wait until it is their turn.

#6705 4 years ago

I thought this thread was going to be boring once a pin was actually released , but boy how wrong was I . From Ice Cream robots to lessons in economics this thread has it all

#6706 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought this thread was going to be boring once a pin was actually released , but boy how wrong was I . From Ice Cream robots to lessons in economics this thread has it all

You forgot the Three Green Triangles

#6707 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Too many customers have been trodden on for Start ups. Homepin probably the worst!

To see all those AA drones (oops customers) on pinside end up looking like idiots with egg on their faces by having to do a 180 degree turnaround with their allegiance 5 years into the saga was the best part though.

In that way someone like Homepin was actually needed to show up on the local pinball stage down here and be elevated to some false messiah status by an unrepresentative minority group with self serving interests.

Only when it hits them personally and financially will they realise the stupidity of blind faith and hero worship.

#6708 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No I maintain robots in an ice cream factory.
No lives on the line

Vox pop - Best ice cream in the State.

Boysenberry for the win.

#6709 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Vox Pop - Best ice cream in the State.
Boysenberry for the win.

Yes it is sensational, although it's still the all natural Honey ice cream that does it for me!

Especially in Giant Twins!

#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I care. What happens when Stern, Spooky or AP need to raise capital to fund expansions or to get by in a rough patch? Investors see 10 million burned and nothing to show, changes the potential future terms of the deal for others. Oh and also I just kinda care when people are ripped off by a snake oil salesman, even if it’s not a pinball person.

OK but Stern is owned by Investors using peoples Super last time I checked, and Williams Bally was owned by Shareholders.

#6711 4 years ago

So, anyone interrested in Deeproot is advised to ignore this thread until march 2020.
Nothing to see here.

#6712 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, anyone interrested in Deeproot is advised to ignore this thread until march 2020.
Nothing to see here.

Depends. If you came for information about Deeproot, come back in March 2020. But if you are here to get deeprooted or if you came for rumor, drama, speculation or if have a conspiracy theory, welcome home.

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Depends. If you came for information about Deeproot, come back in March 2020. But if you are here to get deeprooted or if you came for rumor, drama, speculation or if have a conspiracy theory, welcome home.

Someone needs to make “I got Deeprooted” T-shirts

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

[quoted image]

I can see not proofreading a post, but a meme?

#6715 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see not proofreading a post, but a meme?

Proofreading is overrated, unlike the thread which is underrated

#6717 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I thought I heard RM put the word out for anyone in the business of making pinball, that he would be happy to talk about "sharing" his "inovations", or even contract manufacturing?

I wonder if he might have been talking with Pinball Brothers... ... imagine if one of the things TPF brings, is a DR manufactured PB Alien!.

Of course we can be pesimistic. Consider things unlikely. Although, people directly involved with that game now work for DR? ... and other factors. hmmmmm

Whatever is revealed... there are high hopes for some great games, of whatever theme. It is exciting!

#6718 4 years ago

People directly involved with Alien work for DR now? Who?

Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought I heard RM put the word out for anyone in the business of making pinball, that he would be happy to talk about "sharing" his "inovations", or even contract manufacturing?
I wonder if he might have been talking with Pinball Brothers... ... imagine if one of the things TPF brings, is a DR manufactured PB Alien!.
Of course we can be pesimistic. Consider things unlikely. Although, people directly involved with that game now work for DR? ... and other factors. hmmmmm
Whatever is revealed... there are high hopes for some great games, of whatever theme. It is exciting!

#6719 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

People directly involved with Alien work for DR now? Who?

I thought there was Nordman and Thiel? ... at least. every chance I have crossed wires lol

#6720 4 years ago

Oh right the great David Thiel, I forgot! Amazing man. I thought Dennis' original design of Alien was only a start and it was completed by Dave Sanders... but yes, Dennis is great too. Hope to see fun games from both men at DR.

Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought there was Nordman and Thiel? ... at least. every chance I have crossed wires lol

#6721 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Oh right the great David Thiel, I forgot! Amazing man. I thought Dennis' original design of Alien was only a start and it was completed by Dave Sanders... but yes, Dennis is great too. Hope to see fun games from both men at DR.

Don't quote me, but I seem to recall something about fine tuning of the ramps, from proto to production. Nordman "came back", pitched in near the end as well (maybe unofficially) to get the final ramps "right". Could be chinese whispers.

Didn't he quit? ... forseeing the issues?

If Nordman got to fine tune the final production Heighway/PB Alien, as a re-make, certainly that couldn't be a bad thing.

#6722 4 years ago

Bump

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I believe it meant manufacturing process as well as innovations in the games too. They were working on better ways to do a lot of things.

LTG : )

#6724 4 years ago

Srsly, noone posted this yet? (Well, except Jeff in his article, wich you should read.)

#6725 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, noone postet this yet? (Well, except Jeff in his article, wich you should read.)

Thanks for linking this Nadine. Best video I've seen to date. High resolution, you can hear some of the machine audio, see the display, and it has a good player on the pin. If Deeproot had just done a video like this alongside the prototype unveiling, it would have quelled a lot of the negative speculation.

#6726 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Thanks for linking this Nadine. Best video I've seen to date. High resolution, you can hear some of the machine audio, see the display, and it has a good player on the pin. If Deeproot had just done a video like this alongside the prototype unveiling, it would have quelled a lot of the negative speculation.

That video is the best I’ve seen so fae. But I’m still not excited about that game. The looooooong ramp is long, the geometry needs some tuning, I dont see much to shoot and the multiball looks dead.

#6727 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Exactly my thoughts

#6728 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That video is the best I’ve seen so fae. But I’m still not excited about that game. The looooooong ramp is long, the geometry needs some tuning, I dont see much to shoot and the multiball looks dead.

Looks like plenty of good shots from what I was watching. Did we see the same video?

I seem to agree more with Jeff, playing it. I think the shots and the game look good.

#6729 4 years ago

It looks good as is for what it is, but you still may not like it and that's ok.

#6730 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Looks like plenty of good shots from what I was watching. Did we see the same video?
I seem to agree more with Jeff, playing it. I think the shots and the game look good.

I’m not saying everyone should hate it, or like it. I just don’t like what I see. But I havent played it so who knows.

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, noone posted this yet? (Well, except Jeff in his article, wich you should read.)

Thanks so much for the video. Crazy...even the people look green. Looking forward to seeing this in person.

#6732 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

First video where I thought hey this looks kinda fun! Thanks for posting that.

#6734 4 years ago

I'm excited for what I see. Those shots look great. I was concerned about the centre shots, but they look way better than the other videos showed. At first I thought the ramp was a little bunk, but seeing him nail it dead on changed my mind. He made it with lots of power left over. I consder myself a pretty good player, and I can see that I'd make it often, but not every time. I like the drop offs in TOTAN, so I'm sure I'll like these. If there's more to come on this machine, I'm definitely excited to play it and possibly buy it.

STERN RIPPED ME OFF on my last NIB purchase from them, and it looks like they are not going to make it right. I'm excited to move on and give someone else a try.

#6735 4 years ago

“Popular 80s theme“

Hmmm

Dukes of Hazzard?
He-Man?
Sledgehammer!?!

#6736 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

“Popular 80s theme“
Hmmm
Dukes of Hazzard?
He-Man?
Sledgehammer!?!

Inspector Gadget

Knight Rider!

Mad Max!

Muppets

Scooby Doo!

Die Hard!

Top Gun

Gremlins!

Police Academy!

Get Smart!

Battlestar Galactica!

Alien! ...

Lol

#6737 4 years ago

Since Robert say'd he's a big Battlestar Galactica Fan I'd say it's that.

Maybe the "Cylon" looking speaker/ lcd panel on Raza kam from that prototype.

#6738 4 years ago

Looks more fun in that video.

And there are 4 battles to be coded so it could end up being a pretty cool game.

That said, that right ramp is a design flaw, pure and simple.

It's BS that 'it's meant to roll back'.

Fix that and this game could surprise a lot of people.

#6739 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And there are 4 battles to be coded so it could end up being a pretty cool game.

Not sure it’s a flaw yet. It might come from weak flipper. The MM right ramp is also hard to achieve. That’s something which needs double checking for sure with a new sample.

#6740 4 years ago

I continue to see comments about the ramp and I would like to clarify my feelings about it. As someone who has actually played many games on both prototypes, I can say I ultimately didn't mind the ramp wasn't makeable 100% of the time. Now that could change if it is coded such that you absolutely must fully complete the ramp on demand for modes, jackpots, etc., but in regards to just simply shooting it I had fun with the way it played at Houston.

I know the ramp is called the "Roller Coaster" (which also have rollbacks by the way; see link below), but to me the ramp was like another carnival game a la ring toss or whiffle ball in the cup. It was a challenge to make just like playing a "skill game" at a carnival would be, so when I did make the ramp it felt like a cause for celebration instead of just that shot you have to make right now. Either way, whether you take the ramp as a roller coaster or a minigame unto itself, both are on theme with the narrative of the game which I really appreciate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollback_(roller_coaster)

Again I want to reiterate that code could change my feelings on the ramp, but to me as a shot in the game the ramp is basically another toy. It has a very large, swooping radius, so it is really satisfying to see the ball whip around the loop part and you feel anticipation to see if the shot was good enough to make it to the top. The speed of the ball seems to change as it goes up the ramp due to the geometry (the radius of the curve and the slope/level of the ramp at any given point), which adds to the 'magic' of the game for me. I think we are all a bit spoiled or conditioned on/by modern Stern design philosophies. Ramp aside there is still a ton of stuff to shoot in RAZA. You take the ramp(s) out of a Stern and there is almost nothing left; Stern has to lean heavily on ramps in each of their games.

As a tournament player I want every ramp to be 100% makeable every time, but as a guy with an inner child that loves to play the game of pinball I had a lot of fun with RAZA and the ramp as it was. Just my two cents I wanted to throw out there to balance out all the complaints I keep seeing from people who have only seen various cell phone videos to draw conclusions from.

#6741 4 years ago

@JRocket... Thanks for your playing ability and time on RAZA. That's very encouraging info. on your perspective of the Roller Coaster Ramp shot. It makes more sense than the ramp just being too steep.

#6742 4 years ago

I think any ramp you can't make from a ball trapped on the flipper is a mistake.

#6743 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think any ramp you can't make from a ball trapped on the flipper is a mistake.

IDK... I think hitting it on the fly, would be sooo much more satisfying, than a cradled shot.

#6744 4 years ago

I think any game where you can make every shot from a trap is a bore-fest mistake.

#6745 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I spent alot of time playing RAZA and I can tell you that the ramp absolutely was intended to dump out in the middle of the playfield if you didn't make it up to the end of the ramp. It was cut out there specifically to let that happen, ala TOTAN. There's even a set of standups that increase your multiplier right under that area which you can nudge the ball into.

#6746 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

I spent alot of time playing RAZA and I can tell you that the ramp absolutely was intended to dump out in the middle of the playfield if you didn't make it up to the end of the ramp. It was cut out there specifically to let that happen, ala TOTAN. There's even a set of standups that increase your multiplier right under that area which you can nudge the ball into.

People are used to easy shooting Stern games at this point. I doubt a more challenging ramp is going to be very popular.

#6747 4 years ago

One thing I liked after watching the latest video of RAZA, is that it reminds me a lot of a 90's game. The RAZA playfield is full of stuff! None of this empty playfield with some small-metal-ramps-at-the-back stuff.

#6748 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

About that deeproot Tour
More details on the cabinet and the games
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/not-insider-about-that-deeproot-tour/

The end of that article NAILED it. "DR doesn't owe anyone anything so we'll have to wait and see what happens."

#6749 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The end of that article NAILED it. "DR doesn't owe anyone anything so we'll have to wait and see what happens."

Doesn’t DR actually owe a lot of people games?

And what does “we’ll see what happens” mean? I hear that one a lot lately.

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

difference is the ramp like totan (and others before it) is done that way to prevent stuck balls. It's a necessary evil when you have ball paths like that. It's not really about 'shooting for the valley'.. it's an expected outcome, but not a 'targeted outcome'.. aka the player isn't TRYING to do that.

I fully support the idea that a shot (can or should) be difficult. But there is a difference between a 'difficult shot that players fail to make' and a 'flawed shot that fails/rejects unexpectedly'.

If the player does everything right and as expected... yet the shot still fails way more than expected.. it should be questioned. Is the shot intended to be 'random' or is it intended to be a makable shot? If it's supposed to be skill and its outcome is dominated not by skill.. then its broke.

The octoberfest beer barrel shot comes to mind. It's just a bad design.

If the ramp is a skill based shot and can't make it consistently when they've done everything right.. it's a bad design. Normally we'd talk about location conditions too.. but not so much anymore.

Requiring shots be made on the fly, etc is fine. But this one just looks like the 'window' where everything must be just right is just too small.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.