• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 669.
#13201 3 years ago

sounds great !

another quasi-reveal where more pinballers can explain to them what further modifications/adjustments still need to be made to RAZA before its ready.

#13202 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wait...So their big reveal will be at a brew pub in San Antonio?
Not with a bang but a whimper.

nah... just field testing I'm sure. Good on them at least for getting the units out of the sterile environment of their own domain.

#13203 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13204 3 years ago

I might sound like a Debbie Downer, but I find it hard to believe they were able to fully "go back to the drawing board" and make all necessary adjustments within 2 months of their half-reveal. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Also, since this is the first time we're seeing the final production games in public, we should be able to order these games starting tomorrow, right? That's what any reasonable pinball company would do, instead of failing to capitalize on hype again...

-Doug

#13205 3 years ago

Cool ! I was just about to go after another game but I’ll wait n see as my youngest likes the theme .

#13206 3 years ago

My favorite part of this field test is where the testers are expected to drop coin on beta testing this product

Edit. I read it wrong while hungover sue me

#13207 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite part of this field test is where the testers are expected to drop coin on beta testing this product

I assume it benefits the arcade, not deeproot

#13208 3 years ago

Are they for real doing this in the middle of the pandemics highest numbers?

This is an absolute dumb fucking decision.

My advice: anyone who is left should jump off this ship now before it fully sinks.

#13209 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Says quite clearly that RAZA will be on free play.

#13210 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Umm, this just isn't true. I'm not defending deeproot here, but reading is a skill. The post clearly says "While RAZA will be on freeplay, we request you show your support for the arcade by playing one or more of the 30+ other pins..."

Now, if you want to jump on them for field testing a game during the pandemic, that's a totally different story.

#13211 3 years ago

can't wait for the shitty cell footage.

#13212 3 years ago

I am willing to bet the arcade style cabinet version will not have a Pinbar, just as it was at the HAAG show in 2019.

#13213 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And I just read that Texas has an estimated 1 out of every 6 positive for COVID.

#13214 3 years ago

Texas has had 1.1 million test positive for covid19. population of 29 million. Not 1 in 6. more like 1 in 26.

#13215 3 years ago

Interesting to see what the feedback is.

Also can't drink inside a brewery what kind of madness is that?

#13217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am willing to bet the arcade style cabinet version will not have a Pinbar, just as it was at the HAAG show in 2019.

What exactly is an 'arcade style cabinet' ?

#13218 3 years ago

Poor execution or not, this is positive news and much better than radio silence and blank screens.

#13219 3 years ago

Deeproot pinball: '..they are final product machines'

So why field testing in a bar, if they are final..?

#13220 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What exactly is an 'arcade style cabinet' ?

WPC style cabinet without a Pinbar. This is what was at HAAG 2019.

#13221 3 years ago

I hope yancy has bought a plane ticket, travel is cheap and pinball is hard!

#13222 3 years ago

WPC style cabinet without a Pinbar. This is what was at HAAG 2019.
[quoted image]

The Arcade edition will have the Pinbar. But yeah, WPC cabinet.

#13223 3 years ago

Wait, is tomorrow day 5 of the 5 days of deeproot?

#13224 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Arcade edition will have the Pinbar. But yeah, WPC cabinet.

Not from the based on the podcast(s) in the past. You are basing that on TWIP article?

#13225 3 years ago

Not from the based on the podcast(s) in the past. You are basing that on TWIP article?

Yes. The TWIP article was very clear that the Pinbar would be on all models, including the Arcade edition (as well as the fancy lift glass). The game software relies too much on it to not have it. Not saying it's a good choice, but that's their choice unless they've spent the last two months figuring out how to make a model without it.

I think it'd be somehow even more troubling if it showed up without the Pinbar.

#13226 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes. The TWIP article was very clear that the Pinbar would be on all models, including the Arcade edition (as well as the fancy lift glass).

Cue Ron H. "Where's the Pinbar"???

#13227 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes. The TWIP article was very clear that the Pinbar would be on all models, including the Arcade edition (as well as the fancy lift glass). The game software relies too much on it to not have it. Not saying it's a good choice, but that's their choice unless they've spent the last two months figuring out how to make a model without it.

I don't see how. Many played the non-Pinbar version a year ago in Houston. I can completely live without a Pinbar.

#13228 3 years ago

I don't see how. Many played the non-Pinbar version a year ago in Houston. I can completely live without a Pinbar.

Wasn't the Houston thing just a barely flipping game though? Like hardly any rules and such to it.

I'm not saying they can't get rid of the Pinbar or that the Pinbar is even a good idea, but they have a lot of the game playing and system level utilities running through it. It's more complicated than just taking it out and adding extra cabinet buttons.

The Pinbar is staying unless there were major decisions reversed.

#13229 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wasn't the Houston thing just a barely flipping game though? Like hardly any rules and such to it.

It was a prototype. So until the reveal tomorrow, no reason in a whole year the couldn't have expanded on the game play since then. That was my only point.

#13230 3 years ago

It was a prototype. So until the reveal tomorrow, no reason in a whole year the couldn't have expanded on the game play since then. That was my only point.

Well yeah, they have expanded on the game play...and it's centered around interacting with the Pinbar at key moments for gameplay and narrative reasons.

#13231 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well yeah, they have expanded on the game play...and it's centered around interacting with the Pinbar at key moments for gameplay and narrative reasons.

Stern has pro games without an action button and premium with one along with other features the pro doesn't and the code works around what mechs and action button are in/out of the game. So it is not impossible to work around it in software.

#13232 3 years ago

Stern has pro games without an action button and premium with one along with other features the pro doesn't and the code works around what mechs and action button are in/out of the game. So it is not impossible to work around it in software.

Yes Stern is a smart company that does smart things. I never said it was impossible to work around it, just that deeproot has been clear that the Pinbar is intended to be on all models and has been deeply integrated into the product.

Also all Stern games have the action button now. One less physical part for them to manage and one less software thing to manage

#13233 3 years ago

Is there any streaming video or else? I mean is this something like a 2nd reveal?

#13234 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Is there any streaming video or else? I mean is this something like a 2nd reveal?

I wanna know whatever happened to the film crew from the first reveal

I want to see a Hearts of Darkness style documentary.

#13235 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

You probably will not want to see a comparison of the prototype from a year ago vs tomorrow's final production model. Hopefully, a real online stream will happen tomorrow.

#13236 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quoted from angus:

Texas has had 1.1 million test positive for covid19. population of 29 million... like 1 in 26.

cowboys (resized).jpgcowboys (resized).jpg

#13237 3 years ago

Wake me up when the games are on the line. Or when there’s a line.

Just wake me up, ok?

#13238 3 years ago
#13239 3 years ago

Does this mean no more poetry ?

#13240 3 years ago

Their whole planning in all areas centers around the pinbar. I doubt they dropped that whithin 2 months but nothing to argue about; we‘ll see tomorrow.

Which is ONE day.

#13241 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Which is ONE day.

Is that the start of your official countdown?

#13242 3 years ago

We closed our arcade back in March and stayed closed after many others opened. We did recently open (4 weeks or so) with strictly enforced rules regarding masks over nose and mouth, sanitizing machines and limiting people that aren't playing being spectators. We don't allow food and drink because this ensures people aren't pulling down their masks to consume. You are welcome to go to the spacious parking area for that. We have a limit of people allowed in the arcade in the greatest attempt to keep everyone safe. This is pinball only. When Deeproot approached us it was with all the public safety in mind. We could have easily kept it private. We will do our best to keep it safe, If numbers were 1 of 6 in San Antonio we would have closed long ago. We are paying close attention to the situation. Thank you for your time. Mike @Whats Flipping (Brewing). Now swing away.

IMG_0347 (resized).JPGIMG_0347 (resized).JPG
#13243 3 years ago

I like it more in the traditional back box now that I’m looking at it .I wonder if all tiers are like that now .I believe only 1 was supposed to get the wraparound .

#13244 3 years ago

Probably be delayed or cancelled like usual.

#13245 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is that the start of your official countdown?

Yes!

ZERO!!!

(Countdown is easy.)

#13246 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes!
ZERO!!!
(Countdown is easy.)

Wouldn’t zero mean it’s ready? I’d start the countdown at like 1 trillion

#13247 3 years ago

is it just me or is this totally nuts? Texas has 20K people dead, 1M or so cases and an R rate of 1.2, yet someone is putting a new pinball machine at a location to generate demand for masses of people going to that location?

4naqws (resized).jpg4naqws (resized).jpg

#13248 3 years ago

Bars are open in Texas. No one is being forced to go to this.

#13249 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is it just me or is this totally nuts? Texas has 20K people dead, 1M or so cases and an R rate of 1.2, yet someone is putting a new pinball machine at a location to generate demand for masses of people going to that location?
[quoted image]

Fits with my collected knowledge about Texas:

#13250 3 years ago

Bars are open in Texas. No one is being forced to go to this.

The real risk is getting infected by John's reality distortion field. It causes normally sane people to think a bunch of artwork and blinking lights is a fully functional pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.