View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 567 of 672.
#28301 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I dunno. All the magic of this thread is gone for me. Now it's like watching a turd slowly slide down the side of a toilet bowl...

And then you hooked up a webcam and and a bidet with an articulating nozzle to a raspberry pi and now you don't have to see the smears when you come back.

#28302 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I dunno. All the magic of this thread is gone for me. Now it's like watching a turd slowly slide down the side of a toilet bowl...

I just wanna see The Turd (aka RM) flushed down the prison toilet bowl. This shit takes too long. Obvious criminal is obvious.

#28303 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just wanna see The Turd (aka RM) flushed down the prison toilet bowl. This shit takes too long. Obvious criminal is obvious.

And they haven't even started the criminal proceedings yet!

#28304 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Now it's like watching a turd slowly slide down the side of a toilet bowl...

Except at some point the turd is going to end up in prison. (edit: I didn't see this was already said!)

#28305 2 years ago

I get it. It’s boring, tedious, and long, But still Robert stole and squandered tens of millions. It’s worth making sure people stay on top of this. He deserves to sit in a jail cell the rest of his life, even if he won’t see a fraction of that

#28306 2 years ago

Every time one of these companies fail, soon as a few other games come out from other companies it feels like a distant memory. My only hope is that Barry Oursler saved all his layouts somewhere accessible by family so that eventually they can be produced by other companies in his memory.

#28307 2 years ago

It’s almost time folks…

https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/auctions/

And yes it’s there. Let the frenzy commence!

E0F038FD-7DAA-472D-9501-396FF8E07367 (resized).pngE0F038FD-7DAA-472D-9501-396FF8E07367 (resized).png
#28308 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

It’s almost time folks…
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/auctions/
And yes it’s there. Let the frenzy commence![quoted image]

Fuck I wish I was raf.

#28309 2 years ago

The link leads to this. RM tried to pull an The Office and convert to selling copiers!

Screenshot_20220302-214156_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220302-214156_Chrome (resized).jpg
#28310 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fuck I wish I was raf.

Interesting resting place for it. On the way to the shitter…

#28311 2 years ago

Oh baby. That's a lot of stuff for sale.

#28312 2 years ago

The amount of hand tools in their original packaging is pathetic.

Their office gym is insane. Octo workouts

And here’s where the magic was supposed to happen
0D37FC71-4DC6-4FF8-A6EA-71B74F235822 (resized).jpeg0D37FC71-4DC6-4FF8-A6EA-71B74F235822 (resized).jpeg

#28313 2 years ago

Oh baby, time to whip out the crypto bucks. If I buy everything does that make me a leading pinball manufacturer offering the TPOE?

#28314 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Valuable trade secrets finally revealed in their full glory.

octo2 (resized).jpegocto2 (resized).jpeg

From the auction site, looks like this is just a first taste of the content. I expect we'll see updates with the lot being broken up into individual items with more photos and info in advance of the auction opening in under two weeks.

Will Ben try to buy back the AMH? Will someone go after the dangerous deeproot fridge?

amh (resized).jpegamh (resized).jpeg

#28315 2 years ago

I can't imagine what the RAZA game would go for. Probably a small fortune. I imagine a few enthusiasts would want it badly.

$20k? $30k? More?

#28316 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't imagine what the RAZA game would go for. Probably a small fortune. I imagine a few enthusiasts would want it badly.
$20k? $30k? More?

How much do Magic Girls go for, would have to be at least comparable, but probably a lot more

#28317 2 years ago

As I look through those pictures, the phrase "pennies on the dollar" keeps coming to mind.

#28318 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

I have more tools and workspace at home.

#28319 2 years ago

Where are the other Raza machines. They had more than 1. Some slipped out the back door for salary payment?

#28320 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Oh baby. That's a lot of stuff for sale.

Not quite $60 million worth.
They were closer to being able to open as a health club than as a pinball factory.

Pinball For The Masses!

PBFTM (resized).jpgPBFTM (resized).jpg
#28321 2 years ago

There is so much to unpack from looking at those photos..

1. Why is there a sign on the fridge like this? "for your own safety?". Didn't he have some sort of sign on the prototype playfield about electrical hazard. Spoken like a true lawyer. Probably had signs in front of each staircase "If you fall down these stairs, it's on you"
fridge (resized).pngfridge (resized).png

2. Taz is a decent hobby printer, especially for printing prototypes. Amateur hour using blue tape for bed adhesion
3d_printer (resized).png3d_printer (resized).png

3. Looks like he had an automatic spray booth (for single colors). Guessing this is to paint any metal (but would be liquid paint not powder coat). Can't be to spray cabinets, you buy prefinished wood in black.
spray booth (resized).pngspray booth (resized).png

4. Decent sized waterjet machine. Guess this would come in handy, still would have been cheaper to farm this out for the first production run
waterjet (resized).pngwaterjet (resized).png

5. He bought not one but two wood CNC machines. I suppose one was for prototypes and one was for production, but again he never even got to production so cart in front of horse
cnc1 (resized).pngcnc1 (resized).pngcnc2 (resized).pngcnc2 (resized).png

#28322 2 years ago

Now for the octo benches...

It's as if he walked into a harbor freight and said "what are some basic tools I might need to build something". This is not at all setup for manufacturing. In manufacturing you only have the tools you need to build that thing (and lines do get changed out). You may have extra tools in a tool box off to the side but never where you are assembling.
1. I don't know why you would ever need an entire wrench set. At the very most you might need 2-3 wrench sizes for bolts.
2. He has what looks like a torque wrench, but he also has DC tools (which can do basic torque through set numbers). Also that would be fun swapping out batteries 2-3 times a day, and buying enough batteries to keep production going, and making sure workers actually put them on the charger overnight so they are ready for the next day. This is why you either do air tools, or DC drivers that have a power supply so you never run out of juice.
3. An entire assortment of phillips and flathead screwdrivers. Again, if you've got power tools when are those being used?
octo_bench (resized).pngocto_bench (resized).png

Then there looks to be a custom made bench made from lumber and angle brackets you would use to build a patio roof. This looks like a different area, maybe this is a separate cabinet making area?
lumber_bench (resized).pnglumber_bench (resized).png

#28323 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's as if he walked into a harbor freight and said "what are some basic tools I might need to build something".

That setup would make any dad in a garage happy.

#28324 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Now for the octo benches...
It's as if he walked into a harbor freight and said "what are some basic tools I might need to build something". This is not at all setup for manufacturing. In manufacturing you only have the tools you need to build that thing (and lines do get changed out). You may have extra tools in a tool box off to the side but never where you are assembling.
1. I don't know why you would ever need an entire wrench set. At the very most you might need 2-3 wrench sizes for bolts.
2. He has what looks like a torque wrench, but he also has DC tools (which can do basic torque through set numbers). Also that would be fun swapping out batteries 2-3 times a day, and buying enough batteries to keep production going, and making sure workers actually put them on the charger overnight so they are ready for the next day. This is why you either do air tools, or DC drivers that have a power supply so you never run out of juice.
3. An entire assortment of phillips and flathead screwdrivers. Again, if you've got power tools when are those being used?
[quoted image]
Then there looks to be a custom made bench made from lumber and angle brackets you would use to build a patio roof. This looks like a different area, maybe this is a separate cabinet making area?
[quoted image]

But look at the size of those wrenches! Somebody is compensating for something.

#28325 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

But look at the size of those wrenches! Somebody is compensating for something.

Wrench sets are dirt cheap, might be cheaper than buying individual wrenches. I agree a smaller range would work for pinball but if building prototypes who knows what you are going to need.

#28326 2 years ago

That one CNC router isn't even set up yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

$60mil spent and they couldn't spring an extra $1200 for the right machine with plug assist option. (Vac former in the pic)

#28327 2 years ago

And in none of the photos do you see where they were trying to build games/cabinets. It’s just a bunch of unopened tools, some raw materials, and random part boxes.

Again, what were people doing for months? (Hell, years)

There’s not much money to be made off pinball, especially considering the likely BOM and arbitrary price of RAZA. They’d have to sell several hundred games jusy to pay for the barely touched office gym equipment.

I simply don’t understand how that much money is wasted to get so little done. How delusional was Robert to think things were going to work out?

#28328 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I simply don’t understand how that much money is wasted to get so little done. How delusional was Robert to think things were going to work out?

Crooks often don't think that far ahead.

#28329 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Delusional is right, because he was "spending" money to "make" pinball machines. Those things like a condo in Hawaii don't add up to the waste that is on display in these photos.

#28330 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

$20k? $30k? More?

Why would anyone spend that much on a criminal’s trash? People didn’t even want RAZA when you could “buy” one.

#28331 2 years ago

The deeproot Theatre. "lightly used".

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.11.32 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.11.32 AM (resized).png
#28332 2 years ago

I wonder if Robert had a crippling addiction to late night Amazon shopping.

Everything about the factory is to show off to people who don’t know what they’re actually looking at.

Who wants to start estimating how much this auction could raise?

Keep in mind, Robert was suing some equipment vendors because he blamed them for faulty equipment when his employees misused it. You can assume some of the hardly used equipment is broken

#28333 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That one CNC router isn't even set up yet.
[quoted image]
$60mil spent and they couldn't spring an extra $1200 for the right machine with plug assist option.

thats not a CNC, looks like maybe a brake press (sheet metal bender)

#28334 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

thats not a CNC, looks like maybe a brake press (sheet metal bender)

The item in my photo is a Belovac Vacuum former. The CNC router (Apex Multicam) I was talking about is this one:
They never installed it from new. I wonder if the vendor was even paid...

#28335 2 years ago

So like andrew… he thought the path to success was do it all yourself in-house… before you even have a product to build.

But even worse, buy stuff without the competency to use it.

Genius- and people wonder why when these companies start people scrutinize their focus and approaches? It’s because these train wrecks can be seen coming

#28336 2 years ago

More evidence that the For Sale window was an intentional money grab from our community.

I know I state the obvious but what a piece of shit.

#28337 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

More evidence that the For Sale window was an intentional money grab from our community.
I know I state the obvious but what a piece of shit.

Yup, they were not even remotely close to producing anything at the time of taking money. Certain Pinsiders sure had their backs though.

#28338 2 years ago

Found the orange peel hammer testers (tm)!

#28339 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yup, they were not even remotely close to producing anything at the time of taking money. Certain Pinsiders sure had their backs though.

Same dynamic going on over in the Haggis thread. When you point of that Haggis is months and months behind on their most rudimentary promises and have gone radio silent you get shouted down.

I wished them the best and left.

#28340 2 years ago

Trying to vertically integrate and do everything in house on day one is a formula for failure, as we have seen. Start with design and assembly, let others, who know what they are doing and have the right equipment, fabricate the parts. Then once your are successful in designing and assembling machines, then start to bring the fabrication of parts in house, one step at a time. Look at the successful newer companies, JJP, AP, Spooky, CGC none of them started out trying to do it all in house and most, if not all, still don't. Heighway tried to bring as much a they can in-house and we all saw how that played out. Waste of money, time and resources.

Obviously Robert had no interest in learning from the success or failures of others and he believed he was so much smarter than everyone else and that pinball was easy. When ego is driving the decisions, vs sound business logic, things are almost certainly going to go wrong.

#28341 2 years ago

Deep Root sucks and it still is completely depressing that people sent him money.

Speaking of which, how is that Fathom remake people sent money in full for doing?

#28342 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

let others, who know what they are doing and have the right equipment, fabricate the parts.

For the price and speed I can get laser cut stainless parts made from a 3rd party...I don't know why anyone in Pinball would own such a machine.

#28343 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Same dynamic going on over in the Haggis thread. When you point of that Haggis is months and months behind on their most rudimentary promises and have gone radio silent you get shouted down.
I wished them the best and left.

I didn't shout you down and I can agree with some the sceptics are saying.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep Root sucks and it still is completely depressing that people sent him money.
Speaking of which, how is that Fathom remake people sent money in full for doing?

It was a deposit and I'm doing just fine.

#28344 2 years ago

anybody else let down Zombie Adventures pinball wasn’t plugged in nor promised to be working? At least give the world one working game, for crying out loud.

#28345 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It was a deposit and I'm doing just fine.

Yes I'm sure you are doing fine but how is the remake doing? I honestly have zero idea and haven't been keeping abreast. Just seems a little...reminiscent of past pinball foilbles.

Did they indeed begin production in July, 2021?

#28346 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why is there a sign on the fridge like this? "for your own safety?".

Gozer the Gozerian might be in there.

#28347 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Gozer the Gozerian might be in there.

That fridge is awesome.

I'm not going to bid on it but maybe they will separate the sign and take bids on that!

#28348 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I'm sure you are doing fine but how is the remake doing? I honestly have zero idea and haven't been keeping abreast. Just seems a little...reminiscent of past pinball foilbles.
Did they indeed begin production in July, 2021?

No, they didn't and you already know that.
But this is a Deeproot thread. Maybe you should troll the Haggis thread instead?

#28349 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The item in my photo is a Belovac Vacuum former. The CNC router (Apex Multicam) I was talking about is this one:
They never installed it from new. I wonder if the vendor was even paid...
[quoted image]

pics are great so far ….. but what about the vault room and infamous contents?

#28350 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No, they didn't and you already know that.
But this is a Deeproot thread. Maybe you should troll the Haggis thread instead?

There were folks who accused me of "trolling" this thread at one point.

Anyway, hope it works out for ya.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 567 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/567 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.