Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 672.
#21201 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Found a couple business cards in a box of old crap. Glossy, embossed logo, no expense spared!
[quoted image]

No expense spared including the custom email address

D8979457-30A0-4B3C-81CA-3043609B692E (resized).jpegD8979457-30A0-4B3C-81CA-3043609B692E (resized).jpeg
#21202 2 years ago

In Vegas and heading over to the Pinball Hall of Fame in a few hours. They have real games to play. Fancy that?

#21203 2 years ago

This was found on the deeproot bulletin board for sale...looks like they're trying to raise money to build these things after all....

img_1_1628116175276 (resized).jpgimg_1_1628116175276 (resized).jpg
#21204 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm hoping one of you guys can help me find or remember an old podcast or seminar recording of Deeproots. I'm 98% positive it wasn't Kaneda.
On it, RM is talking about how innovative Deeproot as a company is and he likened himself running it as Tom Cruise in the Minority Report.
It was a long time ago and I want to refresh my memory with better clarity on it. It was so outlandish I just remember it being a, holy crap, red flag for me. Even know I'm wondering, did he really say that.
Does anybody remember that besides me?

Who else interviewed him on a podcast besides Eclectic Gamers and Kaneda? I would guess Eclectic Gamers podcast.

#21205 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Who else interviewed him on a podcast besides Eclectic Gamers and Kaneda? I would guess Eclectic Gamers podcast.

Pinball news, pinball profile. Maybe others

#21206 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In Vegas and heading over to the Pinball Hall of Fame in a few hours. They have real games to play. Fancy that?

Steal the Pinball Circus and sell it to Ice on the black market.

#21207 2 years ago

What does a stolen Pinball Circus go for on the market? It’s like a stolen masterpiece, no one can know you have it and how do you find a buyer.

I’d guess at least 75k if King Kongs trade for north of 50k.

#21208 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Steal the Pinball Circus and sell it to Ice on the black market.

No need to steal anything. Just have Jonathan Demare at ASOA broker a deal. Iceman has a credit there.

#21210 2 years ago

"We know there is a lot of excitement around deeproot and its mysterious pinball project. We also know there is frustration in how long it has taken to see something, let alone experience the deeproot pinball difference.

We know there is a lot of excitement around deeproot and its mysterious pinball project. We also know there is frustration in how long it has taken to see something, let alone experience the deeproot pinball difference.If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today, it would have been a much easier path and accomplished years ago. We chose a different path. The simultaneous development on hundreds of unique pinball innovations and tens of titles has taken much longer than anyone (has) wanted.

The fringe benefit to developing innovative pinball machines is the forced creation of multiple divisions and groups across a wide variety of industries and fields. These would not normally be found in a singular relatively small company. Which is why deeproot is unique and uniquely positioned to not only provide a different type of pinball experience, but also a cross-branded and diverse exploration of new concepts, ideas, stories, and experiences. This will keep deeproot Pinball tied to more popular entertainment choices and trends, and our Pinball creations relevant for decades to come.

There have been endless amounts of speculation in forums or disseminated in the ‘pinball media’ regarding our pinball project, our finances, and even our separate and independent investment funds (that have very little to do with pinball). We’ve definitely had some good laughs along the way at the seemingly endless queue of ‘experts’. We will keep on doing what we do best along the following schedule:"

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.05.44 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.05.44 PM (resized).png

#21211 2 years ago

It's like you have had a good laugh at this kid for a long time for what he said and done. And then later find out that he's retarded. It's no longer fun.
After hearing those interviews, I feel sad.

#21212 2 years ago

In Memoriam

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.04 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.14 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.24 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.12.31 PM (resized).png

#21213 2 years ago

Adam looks like he secretly wanted to be at spooky doing Ultraman

#21214 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Omnibus of Mueller speaking content for intrepid audio editors:

He reminds me of a shitty business partner I had once. The guy loved owning an LLC, having a webpage, business cards, business email address, trademarks, etc…. he loved everything except actually DOING business.

Totally
Fucking
Worthless

#21215 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.06.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.06.09 PM (resized).png

#21216 2 years ago

Where's the Pinbar patent application?

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.53.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.53.02 PM (resized).png

Overview: https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2021133990A1

Full pdf: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/17/09/1c/d13930e57e896b/WO2021133990A1.pdf

#21217 2 years ago

Omnibus of Mueller speaking content for intrepid audio editors:

There's a saying that comes to mind about giving someone enough rope to hang themselves with.

#21218 2 years ago

The “global” patent is garbage. USPTO is what you want to search.

Furthermore, there would be two separate US patents. One for the touchscreen and one for the glass lift.

#21219 2 years ago

Not showing any pictures of parts with staff still left at Deep Root should be a dire warning to the investors & pinball buyers! Almost everything that is readily common for pinball machine production could be shown. Along with production equipment & line staff. This has got to be the biggest fiasco in pinball history for money spent, hi caliber pinball staff, & nothing done. If there is really a big legal hold up you would think that it would be out in the public domain. Not the petty stupid cases of not paying contractors a small amount of money owed.

#21220 2 years ago

That sure is a long winded way of saying "no"

#21221 2 years ago

In Memoriam
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

3E8BE559-9874-4B06-AD4B-6724E2D4B1FE.gif3E8BE559-9874-4B06-AD4B-6724E2D4B1FE.gif
#21222 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The “global” patent is garbage. USPTO is what you want to search.
Furthermore, there would be two separate US patents. One for the touchscreen and one for the glass lift.

Well its merit aside, there's a new long ass patent document published in the filing for perusal

#21223 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Dozens of artists from AAA video games and Hollywood blockbusters hired to design eye-popping, never-before-seen in pinball, narrative-driven animations which unfortunately will never be seen in pinball.

#21224 2 years ago

20 new pages since I was here last. Can’t read through all that carp. Any real news here or just more jizz stains? Thx

#21225 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Not showing any pictures of parts with staff still left at Deep Root should be a dire warning to the investors & pinball buyers! Almost everything that is readily common for pinball machine production could be shown. Along with production equipment & line staff. This has got to be the biggest fiasco in pinball history for money spent, hi caliber pinball staff, & nothing done. If there is really a big legal hold up you would think that it would be out in the public domain. Not the petty stupid cases of not paying contractors a small amount of money owed.

It takes a special kind of someone to turn that much anything into nothing. Robert saw jpop's disastrous failure and was like "hold my latte."

#21226 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

20 new pages since I was here last. Can’t read through all that carp. Any real news here

No, just a bunch of gefilte fish recipes.

#21227 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are still some sucker fish on the line.

#21228 2 years ago

Skimming through it the one semi-good idea I saw was the USB port for updates and audio output is in the coin door instead of behind the backglass. It also mentions audio input and separately microphones? Being able to mix in your own background music could be fun.

That's a mild benefit for people with a row of games where getting to the back box might be slightly annoying. Of course it isn't as easy as WiFi updates and could be accomplished with a USB/audio extension cable from the backbox to the front door.

Other interesting inclusions:
- using a motor or air compressor to assist with the glass and playfield lift system, in addition to the gas cylinders
- cameras possibly watching the player and reacting to their movements
- accelerometers for tilt and level detection
- the potential to digitally open the coin door lock
- there is this weird line: "virtual buttons .... including control based on degree of rotation of the flipper and velocity" (a touch screen button for tap passing?!?)
- it mentions adding subtitles for the audio which is pretty lol on the face of it, but kudos for accessibility
- the touch screen may display ads, among other typical things
- you can restrict/ban players from using the machine (facial detection with the camera maybe?)
- general online streaming integration
- remote notifications and changing of settings of machines by operators (surely won't be hacked)
- the claim the lockdown bar is ergonomic - lol maybe now it is
- covers a removable touchscreen or a separate one, ie a tablet app

There are a lot of broad concepts that P3 already does in this patent, like save states, accelerometers for tilt detection, online connectivity.

tl;dr they spent more time on the patent than on building a factory

#21229 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Right now he's just a failed business. If he showed photos trying to make it look like a going concern, then it tips over into fraud.

#21230 2 years ago

Hey everybody, i’ve been super high for a couple of weeks as i am on vacation…
2 questions:
-What day is it?
-Is my RAZA done?

70802C2F-A143-4290-84C5-93EA88545B5C (resized).jpeg70802C2F-A143-4290-84C5-93EA88545B5C (resized).jpeg
#21231 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Skimming through it the one semi-good idea I saw was the USB port for updates and audio output is in the coin door instead of behind the backglass.

Any real manufacturer of commercial devices would never put a USB port there. Think like a toddler.

#21232 2 years ago

Lmao.....is that Colin MacAlpine in the pinPod video?

#21233 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Any real manufacturer of commercial devices would never put a USB port there. Think like a toddler.

I read it as being on the inside of the coin door, not the exterior. But Idk... plenty of devices have USB ports within a child's reach.

#21234 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Hey everybody, i’ve been super high for a couple of weeks as i am on vacation…
2 questions:
-What day is it?
-Is my RAZA done?[quoted image]

You still high if you think it's done.

#21235 2 years ago

Link to Part 3 please....

#21236 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I read it as being on the inside of the coin door, not the exterior.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

But Idk... plenty of devices have USB ports within a child's reach.

Consumer devices, sure. Not so much in arcades where they attract lollipop sticks.

#21237 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Lmao.....is that Colin MacAlpine in the pinPod video?

Sho is. He is in one of the other videos where Robert asks the deep six questions as if they're second graders, too!

#21238 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

Consumer devices, sure. Not so much in arcades where they attract lollipop sticks.

Or if you want to be more evil, you can plug in a USB stick that would fry the controller and possibly brick the machine.

#21240 2 years ago

Did RM ever show the one person pin setup that he talks about in the "Why DR pinball" video above? He says he can't show it because he's going to show it virtually for last year's Expo.

#21241 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Did RM ever show the one person pin setup that he talks about in the "Why DR pinball" video above? He says he can't show it because he's going to show it virtually for last year's Expo.

No. RM has not shown anything. Nothing. Notta!

#21242 2 years ago

DR never understood the difference between useful and helpful PR hype to gin the publicity mill, and overthetop, overdone, overblown irresponsible hype setting up expectations they never had a chance of meeting.

There is a role for truth tellers in any organization. Apparently they didn’t have anyone who could tell them what it would actually take to meet their goals in $s, expertise, and labor force.

#21243 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Any real news here or just more jizz stains? Thx

Novus 2 and bleach-white makes it fresh like a daisy.

Martha Stewart

#21244 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The theory is he copied this idea

build your own, details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easier-way-to-set-up-flip-a-pinball-machine#post-4817097

#21245 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

I mean, the fact that they're selling it as a deeproot innovation with the PinPod™ trademark (which they might not even have registered) is pretty misleading. And then to charge $900 for it. I wonder what their markup is for stamping the deeproot logo on the side.

Have not come across pinpod in any trademark search results (as opposed to pinarmor and pinbar which were filed not too long ago)

#21246 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

on the inside of the coin door

Like American Pinball machines

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I must have missed these, I'll have to go back and look

#21247 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Like American Pinball machines

TIL

I've only been inside a Houdini once to rebuild a flipper

#21248 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Skimming through it the one semi-good idea I saw was the USB port for updates and audio output is in the coin door instead of behind the backglass. It also mentions audio input and separately microphones? Being able to mix in your own background music could be fun.
That's a mild benefit for people with a row of games where getting to the back box might be slightly annoying. Of course it isn't as easy as WiFi updates and could be accomplished with a USB/audio extension cable from the backbox to the front door.
Other interesting inclusions:
- using a motor or air compressor to assist with the glass and playfield lift system, in addition to the gas cylinders
- cameras possibly watching the player and reacting to their movements
- accelerometers for tilt and level detection
- the potential to digitally open the coin door lock
- there is this weird line: "virtual buttons .... including control based on degree of rotation of the flipper and velocity" (a touch screen button for tap passing?!?)
- it mentions adding subtitles for the audio which is pretty lol on the face of it, but kudos for accessibility
- the touch screen may display ads, among other typical things
- you can restrict/ban players from using the machine (facial detection with the camera maybe?)
- general online streaming integration
- remote notifications and changing of settings of machines by operators (surely won't be hacked)
- the claim the lockdown bar is ergonomic - lol maybe now it is
- covers a removable touchscreen or a separate one, ie a tablet app
There are a lot of broad concepts that P3 already does in this patent, like save states, accelerometers for tilt detection, online connectivity.
tl;dr they spent more time on the patent than on building a factory

Any of the names of the purported inventors (other than Pin Daddy Bobby Balls) ring a bell or meaning anything to anyone? Haven't had time yet to give them a google.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.01.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.01.29 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.01.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.01.35 AM (resized).png

#21249 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

TIL
I've only been inside a Houdini once to rebuild a flipper

on our machines, code updates get downloaded, copied to a USB stick, you open the coin door, find the USB extension cable, stick the USB stick in. On screen messages tells you if it found game code and when it is done updating. Also automatically dumps logs, audits and current settings to the stick (which it will do whether there was code on the stick or not).

Sorry for taking the thread off topic.

#21250 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Sorry for taking the thread off topic.

no need to apologize for that in this thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 425 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/425 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.