• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 669.
#10501 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I read this as: Our game sucks. They told us it sucks.

I read this as: We have a lemon that isn't fun to play.

I read this as: It's not well-engineered and not fun-to-play as it sits.

Well at least they decided to not push out a pile of shit? Idk. Silver linings that it's being delayed yet again

#10502 3 years ago

Obscuring what's actually going on with the "platform" is the wrong move here. Actually, avoiding transparency is always the wrong move. They've had several opportunities now to learn from that mistake, and open themselves up. They are making the wrong decision here, yet again.

Quoted from iceman44:

When there is actually NOTHING to disclose or reveal I fail to see the merits of an NDA?

Well, it stops people from disclosing that it's a steaming pile. We know RM is a litigious individual, so I expect there's some strongly worded language in there to keep people silent.

#10503 3 years ago

deeppockets... takes a nose dive sheesh!

Money does not equal pinball.
Pinball comes from money, but just having money does not mean you have pinball.
To really have pinball you need luck, talent, money, time, location, skilled workers, good management, good marketing, good suppliers, and finally a good product.

I don't think there is anyone out there right now with a monopoly on all these factors. They have some of them, maybe even most of them, but not all of them.

Pinball is easy after that... yeah it really is, but getting the planets to allign like B/W in the 90's is not. People keep learning that the hard way.

#10504 3 years ago

“Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.”

Somebody else had to have hijacked their account and sent that letter as a joke?

It’s not even remotely possible that DR penned that letter if you think about how ridiculous it all sounds

I think we are being punked and the real reveal is happening later today

#10505 3 years ago

You know Cary didn’t sugar coat his feedback to Robert! I am sure he played the game and told Robert straight out, “I would never buy this game and nor will anyone I know in the pinball community”.

#10506 3 years ago

at Expo one of the designers at deeproot predicted this would happen. He'd had a few beers and was basically saying that having designers is a waste of time at Deeproot as they can't build shit.

#10507 3 years ago

Can you imagine how awkward it was in the auditorium after being flown to headquarters on their dime looking at this thing that isn’t ready and just waiting for someone to point it out to them? Was it the frosted ramps that gave it away? Was it a PowerPoint with just a list of all the other titles?

#10508 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You know Cary didn’t sugar coat his feedback to Robert! I am sure he played the game and told Robert straight out, “I would never buy this game and not will anyone is know in the pinball community”.

I suspect Colin would have given very useful constructive feedback.

#10509 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Astonishing.
Even if you have to delay for some reason or other, show something today.
After all the jibes over the years, the teaser counts down to a big fat SFA

that's so true.

Let assume the gameplay video was very bad, at least release some good PF shots.

This is the problem with this delay, we can only assume the worst, almost if they had shown whatever they had prepared it would still be better than the worst we can imagine.

I recall a story about Steve Jobs doing an early presentation like on the first Mac computer they told him there was a chance the computer will crash completely freeze up during the presentation. But he says something like a delay would be worse than having it crash.

#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Can you imagine how awkward it was in the auditorium after being flown to headquarters on their dime looking at this thing that isn’t ready and just waiting for someone to point it out to them? Was it the frosted ramps that gave it away? Was it a PowerPoint with just a list of all the other titles?

I bet they were pissed!

#10511 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

at Expo one of the designers at deeproot predicted this would happen. He'd had a few beers and was basically saying that having designers is a waste of time at Deeproot as they can't build shit.

Bingo Neil, sounds like a warehouse full of Jpop noodlers

Frosted ramps and a PowerPoint. Lordy have mercy

Where has the management intervention been since last November? Wtf

#10512 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It’s clear these people don’t understand pinball.

But, but... it's easy!

#10513 3 years ago
meme (resized).pngmeme (resized).png
#10514 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think we are being punked and the real reveal is happening later today

I’ll take this bet with you....just imagine the payout if we hit

#10515 3 years ago

Do companies still put a couple prototype machines out on location to get feedback from players in the development stage? That and bringing protos to shows and listening to the feedback seemed like a pretty valuable tool in developing a game for market. I remember JJP bringing the proto WOZ to the NW Pinball and Arcade Show and their team really listening to what people said, American did the same thing with their proto Houdini and they hung around the whole show talking to players and listening to their feedback. It seem like a good way to get more eyes and fingers on a game and make sure it's ready for primetime before finalizing it.

#10516 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bingo Neil, sounds like a warehouse full of Jpop noodlers
Frosted ramps and a PowerPoint. Lordy have mercy
Where has the management intervention been since last November? Wtf

This is like when jpop showed up with the empty cabinets at expo 2014 and wondered what everyone's problem was.

There was a FREAKING COUNTDOWN for weeks counting down to this day, and they didn't know what they had was a problem?

#10517 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I suspect Colin would have given very useful constructive feedback.

I promise you I would have. A year ago

Involved in JPop from day one and right in their backyard

They would rather bring in 6 people a year later to embarrass them?

Holy lack of self awareness Batman!

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I promise you I would have. A year ago
Involved in JPop from day one and right in their backyard
They would rather bring in 6 people a year later to embarrass them?
Holy lack of self awareness Batman!

coupled with arrogance - never a good combination.

Trying to be positive. It's so much of a shitshow, at least they didn't try and palm bullshit off on us and carry on selling boxes of turd.

Neil.

#10519 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is like when jpop showed up with the empty cabinets at expo 2014 and wondered what everyone's problem was.
There was a FREAKING COUNTDOWN for weeks counting down to this day, and they didn't know what they had was a problem?

This speaks volumes about how the company is being run in general. What a train wreck.

#10520 3 years ago

Wait a second, I just scrolled the last 15 or so pages and no one's posted shots of this monstrosity?

The photos are out there - surprised they haven't been posted.

#10521 3 years ago

I was never overly impressed by RAZA initially (just not my cup of tea), but it seemed like they did have a machine that was at least reasonable.

What could have changed in the last several months that now makes it completely unplayable and un-showable? Even if no one can make the ramp, seems like they could say "yes, we're still adjusting that" and talk about everything else.

The idea that they would say "Well, we've got nothing, but maybe someday we hope to have something.", seems unbelievable.

It would have to be like Tesla showing off a new car, and a someone asking "What's it's range?" and Musk says "With the expanded battery, about 7 miles."

#10522 3 years ago
ECC43E7A-8890-4513-BF1D-48D023070600 (resized).jpegECC43E7A-8890-4513-BF1D-48D023070600 (resized).jpeg
#10523 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seems like yesterday at that Expo Frolic!

Was it 2014 or 2015? Same year as TBL launch and Hobbit tank job and delay.

6 years later and Jpop’s Raza is still sitting in the toilet. It’s cursed!!!

Can somebody call Spooky for these guys? F ing call somebody

#10524 3 years ago

210 pages of shit on Pinside to choose from
Echo "to choose from"

-------

They're building empire
Johnny used to work after school
At the cinema show
Gotta hustle if he wants an education
Yeah he's got a long way to go
Now he's out on the street all day
Selling pins to the people who pay
Got an AK-47 for his best friend
Business the American way

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Wait a second, I just scrolled the last 15 or so pages and no one's posted shots of this monstrosity?
The photos are out there - surprised they haven't been posted.

People need to see the jagged lock down bar of pain!

#10526 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was never overly impressed by RAZA initially (just not my cup of tea), but it seemed like they did have a machine that was at least reasonable.
What could have changed in the last several months that now makes it completely unplayable and un-showable? Even if no one can make the ramp, seems like they could say "yes, we're still adjusting that" and talk about everything else.
The idea that they would say "Well, we've got nothing, but maybe someday we hope to have something.", seems unbelievable.
It would have to be like Tesla showing off a new car, and a someone asking "What's it's range?" and Musk says "With the expanded battery, about 7 miles."

Well they talked a big game about how that was just a prototype cabinet and to expect something very different. So maybe their cabinet is that dog shit when you aren't the engineer/designer who is used to whatever foibles it has.

Bear in mind their bizarre patent with a built in playfield rotisserie that seems like it would have a lot of issues with center of gravity.

#10527 3 years ago

Guess I’ll check back in 6 months.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People need to see the jagged lock down bar of pain!

I dunno, maybe I wasn't supposed to see them?! God it's awful. Mueller getting near top billing on the BG reallllly takes the cake!

#10529 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You know Cary didn’t sugar coat his feedback to Robert! I am sure he played the game and told Robert straight out, “I would never buy this game and nor will anyone I know in the pinball community”.

I doubt he was that blunt. I feel much of what he does is an act just to be controversial.

#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

coupled with arrogance - never a good combination.
Trying to be positive. It's so much of a shitshow, at least they didn't try and palm bullshit off on us and carry on selling boxes of turd.
Neil.

I’ve tried to be positive too. At least people have had jobs for several years, doing what I don’t know

I mistakenly didn’t take the initial cash out offer trying to support pinball and DR

I’ll get a game one way or another, or at least pieces of one

I might even settle for some frosted ramps

They spent way too much time sending out cease and desist orders and crafting up NDAs versus actually making games

Pathetic. After all this, hard to have any sympathy

#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I dunno, maybe I wasn't supposed to see them?! God it's awful. Mueller getting near top billing on the BG reallllly takes the cake!

Where can I see them at?

#10532 3 years ago

Where are these pics? My Google fu is weak.

#10534 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

“Directed by MUELLER”. I guess so

#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Where are these pics? My Google fu is weak.

They are being secretly passed around by the pinball elite.

Let's just say the innovative new cabinet looks like a Delorean crossed with an upscale late 1990s Freezer. It would be right at home in an early 1990s Sharper Image catalogue.

The lockdown bar is especially ridiculous with hard, 90 degree angles that will bruise your palms (think Stellar Wars) and is so massive and thick it appears short players will have trouble seeing the flippers. Turning the lockdown bar into what appears to be a touch screen appears to be another stroke of design genius. If you liked the action button, you'll love that!

Anyway it's definitely a game changer. Its about time someone stuck an extra set of speakers at crotch level.

#10536 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are being secretly passed around by the pinball elite.
Let's just say the innovative new cabinet looks like a Delorean crossed with an upscale late 1990s Freezer. It would be right at home in an early 1990s Sharper Image catalogue.
The lockdown bar is especially ridiculous with hard, 90 degree angles that will bruise your palms (think Stellar Wars) and is so massive and thick it appears short players will have trouble seeing the flippers.
Anyway it's definitely a game changer.

hold on, so they made THIS?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10537 3 years ago

Meanwhile Deeproot preparing for the next launch date...

2DF36B29-075E-4643-B679-F9F4C1C49C51.gif2DF36B29-075E-4643-B679-F9F4C1C49C51.gif
#10538 3 years ago

I don't get it, Imoto and Jeff's Houston video looked fun to me. They said they liked it, the ramp looks neat. I only make 2 out of four left ramp shots on my Bram Stoker, and those rejects are hard center drains! You get points on RAZA rejects. What went wrong in 7 months? I love the playfield art also. I don't get it.

#10539 3 years ago

1202-Steve-Jobs-Quote-Real-artists-ship (resized).jpg1202-Steve-Jobs-Quote-Real-artists-ship (resized).jpg

#10540 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

hold on, so they made THIS?[quoted image]

Yes. This was my exact thought.

Deep Root's "The Homer." The pin for the average man.

#10541 3 years ago

Behold. The innovation.

PHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-12 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-12 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-18 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2020-09-20-16-17-18 (resized).jpg
#10542 3 years ago

If someone wants to be kind and PM me the images, an angel gets its wings.

edit: Yoink!

#10543 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing the pics, definitely different, what does the lower screen do?

#10544 3 years ago

Is the lockdown bar a screen? Maybe a touch screen?

EDIT: all of the fingerprints on the lockdown bar screen makes me think it is a touchscreen for interacting with the game.

#10545 3 years ago

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.

Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those hard lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.

And looks like kids won't be able to see the flippers. Maybe a fold out step stool is another innovation.

And yes it appears to be a touch screen, as I don't see a start button anywhere.

There you go folks. Pinball innovation.

#10546 3 years ago

I've seen worse pinball machines.

Lockdown bar is ridiculous, surely that't the delay. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to?

#10547 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.
Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.
And looks like kids won't be able to see the flippers. Maybe a fold out stool is another innovation.

So Steve Bowden has been playing this for months and didn't say anything? Bull.

#10548 3 years ago

That shit is bananas. B-a-n-a-n-a-s

Does the head fold down? Does it bolt on? How does it fold up? Why are there speakers pointed at the players crotch?

Oh and they fixed the dumb decision to have the ball return in front of the sling instead of the inlane.

#10549 3 years ago

That backbox is pretty cool and probably very easy to update for a different title.

#10550 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

[quoted image]
I'm so excited

That's good ole Droopy Dog!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/211 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.