• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 621 of 669.
#31001 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wasn't it something like AP hired Joe Balcer who immediately recognized nothing of substance was getting done? Then he banged out Houdini from scratch within a few months
Also AP had that cute note with Magic Girl that said something to the effect of "we built what we were told to build and this does not reflect our standards"
JPop's only positive contribution this millennium was tricking some guys into starting a relatively decent pinball manufacturer which would fire him when they realized he didn't bring much to the team.

Corny's big claim to fame of getting the scoop on the houdini machine with his flip phone is still the highlight of his life. He was quick to tell me all about it during one of his personal rant sessions to me last year. Good times. Oh, and its not a bit.

#31002 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The domains have expired on March 23rd, but every domain has a grace period. I believe on May 7th you can register any of those domains.

I happened to check on the domain registration for deeprootpinball.com, and it appears that it was renewed for another year at the beginning of the month before it fully expired. The website itself is just a registrar's landing page.

https://whois.domaintools.com/deeprootpinball.com

#31003 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I happened to check on the domain registration for deeprootpinball.com, and it appears that it was renewed for another year at the beginning of the month before it fully expired. The website itself is just a registrar's landing page.
https://whois.domaintools.com/deeprootpinball.com

whois says address is arizona.. so its either a pinsider that plans to do something clever with it, or someone looked up traffic stats and plans to sell aliexpress merch on it.

#31004 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

whois says address is arizona.. so its either a pinsider that plans to do something clever with it, or someone looked up traffic stats and plans to sell aliexpress merch on it.

That's just the masked privacy info. If you email or mail the contact info listed, it forwards to the actual owner's contact info. The actual owner of the domain is probably not in Arizona.

#31005 1 year ago

Don’t feel quite so special BJ, I got a message via Instagram today. I’m probably not the only one. Hi Corny. No hard feelings or anything but that sort of proves the point. *shrug*

#31006 1 year ago

I feel left out...

#31007 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Don’t feel quite so special BJ, I got a message via Instagram today. I’m probably not the only one. Hi Corny. No hard feelings or anything but that sort of proves the point. *shrug*

Oh, I don't feel special. And yeah, you're one of several to have already reported similar outreach. More power to anyone who has a taste for the special brand of engagement this gentleman offers. They're welcome to it! But I've been brought enough up to speed on his track record and repertoire to know I have zero interest. So when I also received a message, I politely invited him to fuck off. May that he does.

#31008 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oh, I don't feel special. And yeah, you're one of several to have already reported similar outreach. More power to anyone who has a taste for the special brand of engagement this gentleman offers. They're welcome to it! But I've been brought enough up to speed on his track record and repertoire to know I have zero interest. So when I also received a message, I politely invited him to fuck off. May that he does.

I try to say everything with a touch of humor, so no insult intended. I’m just an observer in this appreciating when those who keep up on everything Deeproot can connect the dots for me.

#31009 1 year ago

I appreciate y'all who keep updating with court docs and summaries of the docs. Come to KC and play at 403 or Knubs and you'll never be thirsty if I'm there.

#31010 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I try to say everything with a touch of humor, so no insult intended. I’m just an observer in this appreciating when those who keep up on everything Deeproot can connect the dots for me.

Oh totally. I wasn't taking any offense. I'm more than glad to not be special when it comes to this recent nonsense.

#31011 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually, the problem was in San Antonio...

San Antonio we’ve got a ROBlinio!

#31012 1 year ago

Thanks, listened twice, great stuff.

Some tidbits in there I missed just following this thread. People like Mueller are fascinating as hell, so completely full of shit and delusional, to the detriment of anyone they come in contact with. He truly is a garbage person and it would be a shame if he didn't do serious time in prison.

#31013 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He’s a toxic weird-ass creepy person & master of projection. Shocked he’s still ranting somewhere after being banned everywhere.

Man, I miss that guy.

#31015 1 year ago

All right, let's bury that bullshit and return our attention to actually interesting stuff.

Two new items of note.

1. We've got a June 14 hearing regarding that trustee's lawyers trying to get paid. This notice is different from others we've seen (no weblinks) so I don't know to attend you have to show up in person or actually be directly connected to the case. Would someone whose email address does not include the word blueberry reach out to the indicated contact to inquire?

deeprootcapital-117-2022.05.25.pdfdeeprootcapital-117-2022.05.25.pdf
#31016 1 year ago

2. Lots of juice for the squeeze with this one. Filings from the landlord of deeproot HQ.

Info includes the lease, lease amendments, all the dollar figures (so we can finally put a bow on one of the major money pits), expenses related to clearing the place out, among others.

116.pdf116.pdf

116-1.pdf116-1.pdf116-2.pdf116-2.pdf116-3.pdf116-3.pdf116-4.pdf116-4.pdf116-5.pdf116-5.pdf
#31017 1 year ago

Look what's newly online for god knows what reason

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.32.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 4.32.36 PM (resized).png
#31018 1 year ago

[quoted image]

It’s the latest alternate reality game just for you Dr Blueberry. Time to brush up on your cryptography skills

#31019 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s the latest alternate reality game just for you Dr Blueberry. Time to brush up on your cryptography skills

I accept

#31020 1 year ago

[quoted image]

It's a hex code string. It decodes to:

Check back soon for something interesting.

#31021 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is unbelievable. Wow.

#31022 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Phew, I thought it was possibly a numbers station and Deeproot was soon to be discovered as some covert spy operation. I mean JPOP as and apparent bumbling pinball engineer but really a sophisticated secret agent would have been absolute brilliance as a cover.

#31023 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's a hex code string. It decodes to: Check back soon for something interesting.

Lordy.

Chris Turner stepping into the batter's box?

#31024 1 year ago

Lordy.
Chris Turner stepping into the batting box?

That's what I was thinking. Nobody but a code monkey would put up a message like that.

#31026 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what I was thinking. Nobody but a code monkey would put up a message like that.

I just can't think who else it would be. He's presumably got the code, he bought the most pinball stuff at auction, and he emailed the trustee lawyers about buying the pinball ip.

EDIT: Plus his company did the previous website.

Registrar info updated May 4, presumably when the domain was purchased back from Godaddy. I see no other info of note here.

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 5.36.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 5.36.47 PM (resized).png
#31027 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to reading the Goodwill Agreement

#31028 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dear lord.
Make it stop. Please.

All eyes turn to Jpop's LinkedIn page

#31030 1 year ago

Lordy.

Where do I order a RAZA machine?

#31031 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Where do I order a RAZA machine?

Check back soon for something interesting.

#31032 1 year ago

Amazing how so many Gen Xers will throw money into the bottomless pit of Zidware/Jpoop just to recapture the "lost magic" of the mid-90's when they weren't married, didn't have kids and their dick worked 100%

Every $ you spend on this has-been hack is one less $ that helps the next Keith Elwin, Scott Danesi or INSERT PERSON WHO ACTUALLY MAKES FUCKING REAL GAMES HERE.

But by all means. Throw your money into a furnace if it tricks your ID into thinking it's 1996.

#31033 1 year ago

I do feel like he’s fucking with us now. Did anyone bother to read all the code on the website? He unintentionally left a bunch of private stuff up before. Who knows what he might intentionally hide.

At least writing the message in hex is a step above binary ascii

I wanna see the pinball version of Cicada 3301

#31034 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did anyone bother to read all the code on the website? He unintentionally left a bunch of private stuff up before. Who knows what he might intentionally hide.

The source code on the landing page is very minimal. Just the logo image, hex code text, some minimal formatting, and that's about it.

#31035 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I do feel like he’s fucking with us now. Did anyone bother to read all the code on the website? He unintentionally left a bunch of private stuff up before. Who knows what he might intentionally hide.
At least writing the message in hex is a step above binary ascii
I wanna see the pinball version of Cicada 3301

Quoted from ForceFlow:

The source code on the landing page is very minimal. Just the logo image, hex code text, some minimal formatting, and that's about it.

My observation as well, ForceFlow . What/when are you talking about @treybo69?

Additional note: Any deepootpinball.com URI (that I've found) whether previously valid or not will currently serve the same simple page and image.

#31036 1 year ago

Though the other deeproot sites aren't back, some of them are likely finally generating revenue (silver lining?).

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 8.57.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 8.57.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.00.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.00.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.02.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.02.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.03.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.03.15 PM (resized).png
#31038 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:Amazing how so many Gen Xers will throw money into the bottomless pit of Zidware/Jpoop just to recapture the "lost magic" of the mid-90's when they weren't married, didn't have kids and their dick worked 100%
But by all means. Throw your money into a furnace if it tricks your ID into thinking it's 1996.

You make it sound so tempting.

Quoted from benheck:

Every $ you spend on this has-been hack is one less $ that helps the next Keith Elwin, Scott Danesi or INSERT PERSON WHO ACTUALLY MAKES FUCKING REAL GAMES HERE.

Unfortunately, I can’t get a Keith Elwin game right now. Been waiting forever for a Godzilla premium with no end in sight.

#31039 1 year ago

I'm beginning to think that RM knew long ago that things were going to end up this way. When he could see the writing on the wall for all his other companies starting to unravel, he started the wheels turning as to how he was going to keep the pinball stuff going but this time as the silent partner/owner. Knowing how these kinds of proceedings go down, and what to expect from the SEC as far as the process and any potential jail time, he knew what would need to be done and how long all this stuff would take. This is when he got his buddy involved to buy up all the pertinent assets from the failed pinball company as well as the insurance policies, both for pennies on the dollar(well, maybe dimes on the dollar).

Suddenly, TuYo is in a spot where they somehow absconded with all the code(an intangible property that can't really be sold at auction, a legal grey area at best), a number of machines fairly close to being finished, and a potential income source from either reselling those insurance policies or cashing them out or whatever. All of this with RM secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes, possibly even with money he hid away somewhere offshore. The loss of their parts inventory and all the machinery really isn't that big of a deal. It's much easier to copy a pinball machine that's done than to come up with one from scratch. Essentially, that part's already done. With a legal purchase of Deeproot's IP comes either the continuation of, or the initiation of copyrights and patents on everything they've got, thereby putting the kibosh on anybody else trying to run off with their work in the aftermath of DR's bankruptcy.

I foresee them finishing up about three machines, announcing it as a "new, improved" version with "bigger, better" whatevers, and then trying to either get the game made by a third party(Spooky, AP, Dutch, or whomever), or announcing their retooling to start producing games in house, again. I'm also guessing that the time table will be about a year or so before anything really concrete gets announced or revealed, then later, games start shipping right about when RM gets out of medium security prison.

It's all a fairly decent long-con. A bit obvious, but it might work. I don't know how legal all of this is, but you gotta give him credit for trying! The one thing he probably is blind to though, future sales-wise, is how his market is probably 5% of what he thinks it is because of how he and Jpop have burned so many bridges and pissed off so many in the pinball world over these past few years. Sure, he might sell some, as curiosities for the rich folk that love collecting the unicorns, but that's about it.

#31040 1 year ago

Ooohh.. maybe we can get a date countdown like the ned reveal *not real*

deeperoot (resized).pngdeeperoot (resized).png

JPOP, 7th times a charm!

#31041 1 year ago

I definitely see some effort here by RM to salvage thru proxies. Turner running off with everything of value is just a little too neat and tidy…

#31042 1 year ago

I have nothing going on with anything Deeproot. But it will be interesting to see if the interested group looking to get into the pinball manufacturing business a few years back. Have anything going on, or have some type of relationship. The story continues on, & that is all I can say about my previous talks. It was a group with money & knowledge. No talk about going to extremes with construction of pinball games.

#31043 1 year ago

From my long ago personal experiences dealing with RM, combined with watching and analyzing his business moves for Deeproot the past 5 years, its difficult for me to believe he is some kind of evil genius operating three chess moves ahead.

Am I the only one laughing about this?

#31044 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have nothing going on with anything Deeproot. But it will be interesting to see if the interested group looking to get into the pinball manufacturing business a few years back. Have anything going on, or have some type of relationship. The story continues on, & that is all I can say about my previous talks. It was a group with money & knowledge. No talk about going to extremes with construction of pinball games.

You sir are at expert at saying a lot without saying anything at all.

#31045 1 year ago

Considering the timing between expiration and the last update (42 days), there are two possibilities:

1. Chris Turner renewed the domain at the last minute, or
2. Someone else snagged the domain at auction.

Given the facts that Turner likely had the domain in his GoDaddy account (since he did the deeproot website) and that GoDaddy's "auctions" are super shady, I think option 1 is more likely. If the timing didn't line up so exactly with GoDaddy's published expiration timeline, I'd say it was almost a definite.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-when-my-domain-expires-609

expiration (resized).pngexpiration (resized).png
#31046 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

#31047 1 year ago

This is just beyond belief. I'm going to go ahead and say that if they couldn't build RAZA with 50 million dollars stolen from retirees, that they can't build it now with snack company money and the world's worst lawyer who is hopefully going to federal pound him in the ass prison.

I guess maybe Robert managed to con Chris Turner after he conned the pinball community and conned retirees and conned financial advisors.

Here's a question, though. Deeproot's original reason for existing was they were going to do better than all the other manufacturers. A Porsche at Kia prices or whatever. But the bankruptcy has seen their unnecessary in house board making equipment sold. And the giant piggybank of the retirees money is gone. So does anyone really think that a RAZA, probably objectively a bad game based on footage of it flipping, run by a crook, is a better investment than a new Stern? When they were backed by millions they sold 100 of them. Why would anyone want this? there were less than 100 people who believed the JPOP myth before it was revealed Mueller is a thief.

This whole thread is bad for my mental health.

#31048 1 year ago

This is not a secret message, you guys are wrong.

Rumor is that "someone" in the pinball hobby took a part of his Canadian pension and bought the domain. After a long night of sippin' the suds, he decided to put his touch on the landing page. Unfortunately those last 14 Labatt's kicked in, he passed out and his head landed on the keyboard.

It's not an encrypted message, just a well meaning person trying to help the hobby... 12 ounces at a time.

drweb (resized).pngdrweb (resized).png
#31049 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I'm going to go ahead and say that if they couldn't build RAZA with 50 million dollars stolen from retirees, that they can't build it now with snack company money and the world's worst lawyer who is hopefully going to federal pound him in the ass prison.

Often people see a failed business as an opportunity. There's a luxury apartment building complex one town over that filed bankruptcy twice before the 3rd owner finally completed the project over the course of like a decade.. It became the joke of the town because it was the building that would never get finished. 2nd buyer probably thought "well, the building is built, I just have to build the inside now", he was wrong.

https://www.shawlocal.com/2016/03/18/riverside-plaza-developer-files-bankruptcy/asxxzxd
https://www.yelp.com/biz/renew-on-main-algonquin

#31050 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Often people see a failed business as an opportunity. There's a luxury apartment building complex one town over that filed bankruptcy twice before the 3rd owner finally completed the project over the course of like a decade.. It became the joke of the town because it was the building that would never get finished. 2nd buyer probably thought "well, the building is built, I just have to build the inside now", he was wrong.
https://www.shawlocal.com/2016/03/18/riverside-plaza-developer-files-bankruptcy/asxxzxd
https://www.yelp.com/biz/renew-on-main-algonquin

I guess? The issue is its not like Deeproot had a working factory, and if you are salvaging deeproot, you are starting without the facility, without the equipment, without the parts inventory to make games. Literally all they did was scoop the "intellectual property" aka JPOP's fever dreams. I don't see how this isn't yet another scam, there's no way anyone with basic math skills thinks RAZA intellectual property is a viable business model.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 621 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/621 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.