• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 669.
#5751 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Also, just because it's a new mech, doesn't mean it's any good. See: Rescue 911 Helicopter.

And then pinballrockstar and the amigos take that same mech and makes it kick some ass!!

#5752 4 years ago

Is the teaser video out yet?

#5753 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Very reminiscent. It's basically a miniature roto target.

Pretty cool, but not sure how it's going to suit a modern game. The biggest problem with rotos have always been that they aren't reliably aligned, and that they are freaking huge taking up a ton of above/below playfield real estate. This small version probably takes care of both of those issues.

I'm thinking it spins continuously with contact being made when a duck hits the back plate. If so, seems like a simple and fun mech as long as the motor holds up.

Not sure if launching the ball off the plastic from the shooter lane is a good idea. Going to need some playfield protection for sure.

#5754 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Lots of $ on the sidelines with the JJP/Stern unresolved playfield issues. Lots of people looking at their recent games pooling and chipping, and no word from either company. Timing is perfect for DR unless JJP/Stern fix their existing issues.

Pretty sure new production pins are fine now.

#5755 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pretty sure new production pins are fine now.

That's a problem if you ask me. No is sure really. No one actually addressed the issue and said it was or was not resolved. Just silence while still sending out games.

#5756 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

That's a problem if you ask me. No is sure really. No one actually addressed the issue and said it was or was not resolved. Just silence while still sending out games.

If they say "we have resolved something" then they'd admit that there was a problem.
And by doing so it would have legal liability consequences.

Same with JPop (to get back to Deeproot) if he would openly apologize that whole lawsuit against him would go south (for him).

#5757 4 years ago

Screw this get a Wonka SE and have fun now!The new ones have
no problems.

#5758 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The bit I don't get is: John was already working on RAZA for quite a while before deep root absorbed Zidware. The current version being shown isn't too far off from his PF back then (as shown in the side by side photo). Then tack on all the time Deep Root has been involved and a bunch of actual industry people are part of that team, and this is all they've got so far?

THIS !

#5759 4 years ago

Government work?

#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

not understanding why the ball is dropping in front of the left sling instead of the inlane, what benefit does that provide? One of the benefits of hitting a ramp is to score the inlane shot. Also, how much wear is that area going to see with no ability to protect it like a cliffy switch protector would. will be kind of an eyesore when it's worn to wood like you see with most switch slots over time.
looks like a cool game, but lots of unknowns right now.

Don't know about the placement but you'll put an unobtrusive circle of mylar under it that will protect the PF like they've been doing since... forever. The fact it doesn't drop the ball right on the inlane switches is always a plus on any machine. Most of my machines don't drop the ball directly on the inlane switches either. They drop it just before the switch... and there is a mylar square under there. Either from the factory or user installed.

#5761 4 years ago

Looks great, It needs a better light show on the playfield. If Deeproot, keeps there price to match or if less than a Stern pro, they will sell boatloads and steal a significant market share. I will own their machines. Congratulations to the Deeproot team! I can’t wait to see more games!

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

If Deeproot keeps there price less than a Stern pro they will sell boatloads. I will own their machines.

If they slash pinball prices will you own five of them?

#5763 4 years ago

What is going on with this? Does it spin? Does it raise up?

99410f5922840e5c293319db2c073ba63cecb4e5 (resized).jpg99410f5922840e5c293319db2c073ba63cecb4e5 (resized).jpg
#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

What is going on with this? Does it spin? Does it raise up?[quoted image]

Small spinning disk.

#5765 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Small spinning disk.

Oh, right, the magnet is below the spinner.

#5766 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, that's still more than 10x more then what a normal Stern LCD would cost.
(Or 100x in terms of Star Wars Home.)

Are you seriously suggesting stern pay US$5 per LCD?

Lol

People assuming these displays are some kind of proprietary specially built thing?? ... Poppycock. It is a Common Garden Variety commercial LCD marquee. Cost difference? ... seems to cost less, if anything. Research is your friend!

#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Stern kinkos printed dimplefest

Lol. Pretty much sums it up.

#5768 4 years ago

I'd guess the screens in Sterns are probably $30-40, if they buy them in ~5k units. If it's 1k units, probably $40-50.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Are you seriously suggesting stern pay US$5 per LCD?
Lol
People assuming these displays are some kind of proprietary specially built thing?? ... Poppycock. Common garden variety commercial LCD marquee. Cost difference? ... seems to cost less, if anything. Research is your friend!

Lol back.
If you take the prices there "yes".
Obviously Stern would not buy from there, but so won't Deeproot.
If you compare something you'd have to do it on the same basis. Tgat'd mean in this case that the numbers are wrong but it's getting compareable proportinally.

Btw. how is 150 / 10 = 5?

#5770 4 years ago
Quoted from slashfive:

Looks great, It needs a better light show on the playfield. If Deeproot, keeps there price to match or if less than a Stern pro, they will sell boatloads and steal a significant market share. I will own their machines. Congratulations to the Deeproot team! I can’t wait to see more games!

Quoted from littlecammi:

If they slash pinball prices will you own five of them?

I’ll buy Raza and two more and another /5.
68AE69EC-E493-471B-B39D-315362A2C307 (resized).jpeg68AE69EC-E493-471B-B39D-315362A2C307 (resized).jpeg

#5771 4 years ago

FIRST LOOK Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) Gameplay

Subscribe Now to Flip N Out Pinball YouTube for exclusive pinball streams, reveals, series, entertainment, and more!

#5772 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Subscribe Now to Flip N Out Pinball YouTube for exclusive pinball streams, reveals, series, entertainment, and more!

How much is it?

#5773 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That's the problem with high expectations. Robert should have under-promised and over-delivered, then most would be ecstatic for a new Jpop machine, despite the history. Instead, we dissect the prototype and find that it looks strangely familiar. I'd probably buy one based on what I'm seeing, but then my expectations were pretty low with all the hubris blowing around. The best people often say nothing because they don't need to.

The show's barely started. Already DR has under-promised and over-delivered as far as I care.

Most just seem to lazy or time poor to have read or taken notice of what the promise actually was...

"show an incomplete prototype game that can compete with other manufacturers current offerings"

Seems to fit that description perfectly, and more! ... even with the bland placeholder art!

#5774 4 years ago

I am ready to order a few. Let me know when and how. Looks very cool.

#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

You mean failed to acknoweledge there is an issue at all! ... no different to unacceptable levels of dimpling (#Craterface)....

stern: "Pooling/rippling is normal *#%ts, stop bitching & get used to it!"

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The screen looks alright and will probably work well for this game but if down the road they get movie titles I don't think it will work so well , a big translate is good when is turned off but I want it to be awesome when it's turned on . I don't get why people have such a hard time looking up , you have so many opportunities to look up , when you shoot an orbit, shoot a ramp , lock a ball , ect . Most of the time the call outs tell you what to do anyway .

Peoples opinions differ. I do not think copy/pasting movie videos on a pinball machine is ground breaking or necessary by any stretch of the imagination...in fact I think it lacks imagination. Telling people to look away from the ball??? No. Just no.

#5777 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Lol back.
If you take the prices there "yes".
Obviously Stern would not buy from there, but so won't Deeproot.
If you compare something you'd have to do it on the same basis. Tgat'd mean in this case that the numbers are wrong but it's getting compareable proportinally.
Btw. how is 150 / 10 = 5?

Cause you typoed a 1 in there. $50/10 = 5

It is $150 for the huge version that will not fit in a backbox.

I wouldn't be so sure about where stern or DR do or do not source their displays. But, I assure you neither of these displays are expensive, nor is there any significant difference in their cost. Certainly not 5 fold, let alone the 10 fold you are suggesting.

If they Were 5 fold (even double) the cost vs a 16:9 display then DR would simply not be using them.

Anyway, even 150, a tenth is 15 bucks.... still dreaming thinking they pay that kind of price.

$40-$50 sounds reasonable... if 150 for ultra wide was true (which it isn't) that would still only be 3x. Not 10x.

#5778 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks like your camera/phone missed the only shot up the big ramp. Bummer.

Not psyched about the spinning TOTAN lamp blocking shots on the left. Didn't like it on TOTAN either to be fair. You start feeling like there is a bunch of junk all over the place just to impede your shots. Probably overstating that a bit and some people may love it.

#5779 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Cause you typoed a 1 in there. $50/10 = 5
It is $150 for the huge version that will not fit in a backbox.
I wouldn't be so sure about where stern or DR do or do not source their displays, but I assure you neither of these displays are expensive, nor is there any significant difference in their cost. Certainly not 5 fold, let alone the 10 fold you are suggesting.

As someone that decided wich car models get a "go" for production:
Not the ones with too much custom/ low volume parts, because because of that low volume that part'll become significally more expensive.

And a 16:9 display with the same display area will be significantly cheaper then this format deeproot does.

Significant can also mean if you compare 1$ to 3$ as well as 5$ to 15$ or 15$ to 45$.
And we dunno if it's 3 times as expensive or 15 times (extremely vague) but I guarantee you it'll be more expensive.

In the end it doesn't seem to be big enough of a cost increase for deeproot to care; wich is a good thing like I already said, since this thing stands out and makes the games unique.
That's worth a dollar or two.
We wouldn't talk about it if it wasn't.

#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As someone that decided wich car models get a "go" for production:
Not the ones with too much custom/ low volume parts, because because of that low volume that part'll become significally more expensive.
And a 16:9 display with the same display area will be significantly cheaper then this format deeproot does.
Significant can also mean if you compare 1$ to 3$ as well as 5$ to 15$ or 15$ to 45$.
In the end it doesn't seem to be big enough of a cost increase for deeproot to care; wich is a good thing like I already said, since this thing stands out and makes the games unique.
Thats worth a dollar.

Should just point out that this ultra wide form factor is not "low volume" nor "custom".... far from it, very far. Commercially, around different parts of the world, these are used Alot! , and readily available.

#5781 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It doesn't look like there's too much that's working on that machine.

I guess you'd describe it as shootable.

#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Should just point out that this ultra wide form factor is not "low volume" nor "custom".... far from it, very far. Commercially, around different parts of the world, these are used Alot! , and readily available.

They wouldn't exist otherwise.
Everything is "in comparison" to something else.

I don't have a CGC game but I guess there is a 16:9 or 21:9 Display installed for that "DMD". And not to use it to show their own logo where the Williams logo was, that's an afterthought.

Color DMD's LCDs are 16:9 also, right?

#5783 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh my gosh Zach...

Did you gather the 3 most untalented players around for that video?! They don't make ANY shot, that's a pure brickfest.
Number 4 hits at least an orbit it seems when the video is ending. O.o;

Really, the game looks horrible to play in that video, can't believe it's that bad for real.
My, Houdini is a tight game and I love it.

#5784 4 years ago

Cant tell if its the skill of the players or what but there sure is a lot of clunking and clanking shots in that gameplay video. Hard to really get a feel for the gameplay from watching that.

#5785 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I have to hope this format is a placeholder. You can't view opponent's scores very well from afar, though not many games present that very well either.

Screenshot_20191115-190906_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191115-190906_YouTube (resized).jpg
#5786 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Really, the game looks horrible to play in that video, can't believe it's that bad for real.

I was thinking the same thing....I've NEVER seen such bricky gameplay from a layout before. I watched a pinball newbie pal play ACNC, and it was only half as bad....

#5787 4 years ago

So zero interest in any game Jpop had a hand in... My question is what is the playfield made out of? They hit it with a hammer on video yet?

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have to hope this format is a placeholder. You can't view opponent's scores very well from afar, though not many games present that very well either.[quoted image]

I thought the same... but ...

On the other hand, this score looks like it is still displayed the same or larger than an early Stern electronics or Bally. Also definately larger than many current offerings... including some of those with an overblown 27" display (which would be Far more expensive than what they have chosen here).

The score is displayed clearly and consistantly, which is what I consider very important.

#5789 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So zero interest in any game Jpop had a hand in... My question is what is the playfield made out of? They hit it with a hammer on video yet?

Read a few posts back, maybe ....

#5790 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Are you sure you can't believe it? 8 years of his work, and more than 2 years of DeepRoot's work on this 'masterpiece', from the genius who brought the world Magic Girl ... it's very reminiscent of the latter.

#5791 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are you sure you can't believe it? 8 years of his work, and more than 2 years of DeepRoot's work on this 'masterpiece', from the genius who brought the world Magic Girl ... it's very reminiscent of the latter.

MG had shots that lead to nowhere, this guys here just don't hit any ...

(Why so negative?)

In addition I might add it'll look the same if I'd do a video trying to hit the Iron Maiden ramps.
I would LIKE to say it's the game's fault...

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have to hope this format is a placeholder. You can't view opponent's scores very well from afar, though not many games present that very well either.[quoted image]

I'm not overly excited (mostly with the color palette though) it's generally structured as I thought it'd be, with a "DMD" area when there's no FMV running and gerneral infos on the side.
And while I like that, at the moment it looks a bit lost there on the right, while I have no clue what that stuff on the left is supposed to be.

#5793 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Cant tell if its the skill of the players or what but there sure is a lot of clunking and clanking shots in that gameplay video. Hard to really get a feel for the gameplay from watching that.

Paging Steve Bowden. Really hope he's there and will do a walkthrough video with Zach.

#5794 4 years ago

Ah, we've reached the part of the thread about a game, where the needle goes from positive to negative. Always fun to watch the forum process!

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Paging Steve Bowden. Really hope he's there and will do a walkthrough video with Zach.

Why's JD at home streaming JP? :-\

Yeah please let'em do a proper video.

#5796 4 years ago

just starting to look at this game. I like what I see thus far.

#5797 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Ah, we've reached the part of the thread about a game, where the needle goes from positive to negative. Always fun to watch the forum process!

Nah, not yet.
Hating people still hating.
Positive people "newly" dropping in.

Game looks shit in the vid cause the vid is shit! That rhymes and therefore it is good!

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Did you gather the 3 most untalented players around for that video?! They don't make ANY shot, that's a pure brickfest.

I mean, you can be the best player in the world, but the first ball you play on a brand new game you've never seen before isn't going to be pretty. That's just a fact.

Pinside has a lot of cynicism and criticism and, criticism is fine. But Steven in recent interviews has emphasized that constructive criticism is good, and I agree with him fully.

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm not overly excited (mostly with the color palette though) it's generally structured as I thought it'd be, with a "DMD" area when there's no FMV running and gerneral infos on the side.
And while I like that, at the moment it looks a bit lost there on the right, while I have no clue what that stuff on the left is supposed to be.

I agree. It would have bee nice to see a bit more symetry, rather than all the scores always on the right of the machine....

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why's JD at home streaming JP? :-\
Yeah please let'em do a proper video.

Stern .... "may not like that!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.