Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

356 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 599 of 669.
#29901 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck: I think he just wanted to travel around to cheat on his wife.

What makes you think that?

#29902 1 year ago

Holy crap. Levi. That was the best single Podcast I have listened to on pinball.

All,
I would highly recommend this podcast as a general history of pinball 1980-2020, and as a fantastic summary of everything that happened with JPOP and Deeproot prior to SEC documents dropping, which apparently happened the day before recording this.

Levi, we need a follow up podcast of everything that has happened in the interim.

It is also great to confirm how many of your posts are drunk posting.

I had no idea how many people JPOP screwed over and how much was lost on the delivered Big Ban Bars.

#29903 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And... the deeproot casting couch turns out to be Deeproots first actual sale.

...and I now own it.

#29904 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Lots of usable stuff in this lot. Stand-up switches, coil assemblies, flipper coil assemblies, drop target assemblies, various switches, motors, bolts, post screws, bell plungers, some mystery boxes
$12,002 hammer price--yikes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That was me buying my stuff back for about $0.40 on the dollar.

#29905 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Shill bidder was the auction house. The shill drove up your bid, then the auction house cashes you out at a higher price than you would have won it without the shill involved.
That was one of the reasons I quit bidding at Super Auctions in Mesquite. The phantom bidders outnumbered the real bidders sometimes.

This is actually a federal crime in a bankruptcy auction. I seriously doubt this to be the case.

#29906 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thing is most of us didn't know that stuff about Spooky and that interaction so our first what the fuck would be the hiring firing and then rehiring of j-pop within like 3 days.

Long-story-very-short; Robert swooped in and tried to buy Spooky and Pinball Life. He also tried to hire Ben Heck and Dennis Nordman.
End result; he hired Dennis Nordman, and there's nothing wrong with that. Dennis delivered the designs he was paid to make. They were never produced, obviously.

#29907 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

BBB was a once-in-lifetime confluence of hard work, passion, lost money, and incredible good luck.

True, but it also was directly connected to Gene's purchasing of all the Capcom parts. His final production number for BBB is directly related to how many MPU's (and tons of other Capcom parts, for that matter) he owned.
The project was 90% assembly and 10% manufacturing.
I mean to take nothing away from Gene's achievement. It was, and is, monumental.

#29908 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

It was great meeting you down there, you guys did great! I did pretty good with 50 or so "Deeproot" purple shooter assemblies, tons of flippers, tilt assemblies, 100s of coin door asemblies among others.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#29909 1 year ago
Quoted from mikusm:

It was great meeting you down there...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't there. My son Levi and PBL's purchaser Justin were there.
I would have loved to be there, but I couldn't justify the cost and time.

#29910 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I wasn't there. My son Levi and PBL's purchaser Justin were there.
I would have loved to be there, but I couldn't justify the cost and time.

Yes. I talked to Levi and Justin. You guys did well!

#29911 1 year ago

No contact from the guys that won stuff. If you need help with stuff you can reach out to me.

#29912 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Nice to hear someone who gives a lot back to the hobby got something out of this fiasco.

#29913 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Let people cobble together a few more at home then LET IT DIE. It doesn't deserve to live.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#29914 1 year ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/barry-oursler-gofundme-please-consider-a-donation/

Barry Ousler had to delay cancer treatments after losing health insurance during the Deeproot disaster.

"Barry passed away on February 21st, 2022. Kathy shared while in the midst of battling cancer in 2021, Barry abruptly lost his income and his health insurance after the Deeproot disaster. The medical bills were no longer covered and his medicare wouldn’t go into affect until February 1st. They put off as much treatment as they could until after February 1st, but the family still endured hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills.

On top of the grief of losing a husband, this is an overwhelming amount of debt."

So Robert Mueller and his fraud literally contributed to ending lives.

#29915 1 year ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/barry-oursler-gofundme-please-consider-a-donation/
Barry Ousler had to delay cancer treatments after losing health insurance during the Deeproot disaster.
"Barry passed away on February 21st, 2022. Kathy shared while in the midst of battling cancer in 2021, Barry abruptly lost his income and his health insurance after the Deeproot disaster. The medical bills were no longer covered and his medicare wouldn’t go into affect until February 1st. They put off as much treatment as they could until after February 1st, but the family still endured hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills.
On top of the grief of losing a husband, this is an overwhelming amount of debt."

It's terrible that they cut off people's cancer treatments

#29916 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Robert has a hard-on to hire Jpooper

Quoted from benheck:

Jpopped Pimple cons AP into fulfilling his Magic Hurl liabilities in exchange for his fake game diorama Hoodwinki.

Quoted from benheck:

Johnny AppleStoreSeed gets his ass fired

There have been a lot of entertaining things in this thread, but your commentary and insults are the finest of entertainment.

#29917 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

No contact from the guys that won stuff. If you need help with stuff you can reach out to me.

I gotta tell ya John, you remind me of a favorite boxer back in the day, Randall Tex Cobb.
He wasn't a gifted boxer or flashy and his strategy was always basic and the same. Take repeated shots to the head and body but always moving forward (or getting back up)

Larry Holms defeated Cobb winning all 15 championship rounds in a lop sided ass whooping. In his dressing room after the fight, a bloodied and barely recognizable Cobb was begging for a rematch.

If you don't find something in pinball, John, maybe you can come back as a bounty hunter.

dxkxb1 (resized).jpgdxkxb1 (resized).jpg

#29918 1 year ago

#29919 1 year ago

Let people cobble together a few more at home then LET IT DIE. It doesn't deserve to live?

Don't even think anyone can even cobble at this point!

#29920 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Let people cobble together a few more at home then LET IT DIE. It doesn't deserve to live?

Greatwichjohn's mystery partner finally revealed?

cobbler (resized).jpgcobbler (resized).jpg
#29921 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I gotta tell ya John, you remind me of a favorite boxer back in the day, Randall Tex Cobb.
He wasn't a gifted boxer or flashy and his strategy was always basic and the same. Take repeated shots to the head and body but always moving forward (or getting up)
Larry Holms defeated Cobb winning all 15 championship rounds in a lop sided ass whooping. In his dressing room after the fight, a bloodied and barely recognizable Cobb was begging for a rematch.
If you don't find something in pinball, John, maybe you can come back as a bounty hunter.
[quoted image]

One of the guys reached out to me that got stuff at the auction. If he needs any help or guidance I am here for him or others. It would be nice if some stuff survives for History! Everything is a go for my booth space at the Pintastic Show. Come out & talk pinball. See the EZ Pinball cabinets on display, & see if I can assemble them.

#29922 1 year ago

That is fucked.

#29923 1 year ago

I saw this too and had the same reaction. How absolutely heartbreaking that Barry O lost his life or at a minimum his life was shortened directly due to the horrible financial mess that DR created for their employees with this illegal fraud operation. I wish this could’ve been added to the list of things Robert has to be accountable for.

#29924 1 year ago

Disappointing news from SEC land

deeproot-sec-54-1-2022.03.31.pdfdeeproot-sec-54-1-2022.03.31.pdf
#29925 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]

BOOO!

#29926 1 year ago

Does anyone know who got the Magic Girl playfield? I'd love to work out a trade with them for it

#29927 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Does anyone know who got the Magic Girl playfield? I'd love to work out a trade with them for it

Havent seen anyone mention it.

#29928 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Is that just for evidence, or the whole process? I don’t really want to listen to him plead the fifth 1000 more times, but I do want to be able to listen to the SEC stick it to him.

#29929 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I actually might be able to cobble!

#29930 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Hopefully I/we didn't let the cat out of the bag by reaching out to Nasse and acknowledging the existence of a 600 page thread of sewer-folk following along closely.

#29931 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Hopefully I/we didn't let the cat out of the bag by reaching out to Nasse and acknowledging the existence of a 600 page thread of sewer-folk following along closely.

I doubt it I'm sure they would do a simple search of Robert Mueller/deeproot and this thread would have come up and they'd have found it anyway.

#29932 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

This was the fight that made Howard Cosell retire from commentating on professional boxing.

#29933 1 year ago

Holy crap. Levi. That was the best single Podcast I have listened to on pinball.
All,
I would highly recommend this podcast as a general history of pinball 1980-2020, and as a fantastic summary of everything that happened with JPOP and Deeproot prior to SEC documents dropping, which apparently happened the day before recording this.
Levi, we need a follow up podcast of everything that has happened in the interim.
It is also great to confirm how many of your posts are drunk posting.
I had no idea how many people JPOP screwed over and how much was lost on the delivered Big Ban Bars.

Glad you liked it, I enjoyed knocking a few back and doing pinball free association for 3 hours.

The wheels are in motion for a follow-up podcast, with Blueberry Johnson doing the heavy lifting as he's really been clued in to all of this stuff. I think the idea is to wait till the story is finally over. Whenever that is.

I would take issue with your drunk-posting claim...I simply don't do it! I'm usually rummaging through the fridge or playing guitar if I've had a few. Drunk posting and drunk podcasting are two different things! If I truly were a drunk poster I think you'd see a lot more grammatical errors and moderations. (exhibit A: Lamberger)

#29934 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Glad you liked it, I enjoyed knocking a few back and doing pinball free association for 3 hours.
The wheels are in motion for a follow-up podcast, with Blueberry Johnson doing the heavy lifting as he's really been clued in to all of this stuff. I think the idea is to wait till the story is finally over. Whenever that is.
I would take issue with your drunk-posting claim...I simply don't do it! I'm usually rummaging through the fridge or playing guitar if I've had a few. Drunk posting and drunk podcasting are two different things! If I truly were a drunk poster I think you'd see a lot more grammatical errors and moderations. (exhibit A: Lamberger)

I stand corrected on the drunk posting. There were numerous references to others drunk posting on this thread. So many people were put under JPOP's spell. Luckily for the community, most people were able to break the spell pretty quickly.

#29935 1 year ago

Who picked up Lot 311 - 2 pallets of pre-cut pinball boards?

I'd buy a couple from the buyer so I could practice doing inserts, etc on a playfield before I move to restoring my machines. Also, looks like it could be fun wall art for my pincade.

#29936 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

I'd buy a couple from the buyer so I could practice doing inserts, etc on a playfield before I move to restoring my machines. Also, looks like it could be fun wall art for my pincade.

Finally something good to come from this mess!

#29937 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

That was Keroppi

#29938 1 year ago

Yes something could be done with the cut playfields & I think there were lenses also. In the past I have used lenses from Foremost Plastics, Northern Precision Plastics, Pinball Life, Marco Specialties, & Pinball Resource. Even Rick at PPS was trying to sell the skid he has.

#29939 1 year ago

I stand corrected on the drunk posting. There were numerous references to others drunk posting on this thread. So many people were put under JPOP's spell. Luckily for the community, most people were able to break the spell pretty quickly.

I was a pretty good drunk poster!

Quoted from JStoltz:

They don’t give a shit. Mueller does though. He hates reading this and you know he does

#29940 1 year ago

By the way, details of the pinpod(tm) pinball internal restraint system from the auction:

C7F71CBD-F5DC-469D-9125-95F41E275233 (resized).jpegC7F71CBD-F5DC-469D-9125-95F41E275233 (resized).jpeg

#29941 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

By the way, details of the pinpod(tm) pinball internal restraint system from the auction:
[quoted image]

That thing is HUGE.

Just ridiculous. Wont fit through a standard-size front door.

#29942 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That thing is HUGE.
Just ridiculous. Wont fit through a standard-size front door.

I’m just listening to the 2.5hr podcast you were on lol.

#29943 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

I’m just listening to the 2.5hr podcast you were on lol.

I don't think anything got us more excited than discussing the PinPod!

#29944 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That could be 2030.

I move to pick some arbitrary future date and cover whatever nonsense has transpired up until then. Worst comes to worst, people love trilogies.

#29945 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

[quoted image]

Did you ask why these didn't make it to auction?

#29946 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

[quoted image]

With solid corner supports to transfer all exterior impact energy directly to the machine inside. Top-notch engineering, ladies and gentlemen.

#29947 1 year ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

With solid corner supports to transfer all exterior impact energy directly to the machine inside. Top-notch engineering, ladies and gentlemen.

Well, that's just before the Octo-dampeners were installed.

#29948 1 year ago

Did you ask why these didn't make it to auction?

This might've been a part of lot212: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115284669/contents-of-pallet-rack--rack-not-included-?cpage=4 - you can see it in the back left of picture #2.

I asked about things that weren't sold as part of a lot (there was a little bit - maybe 10%). The reply was that there might be a secondary auction to sell any left over trash.

Overall the auction was a bit of a crapshow -- the lots were poorly described and it many situations it was hard to tell what belonged to what lot. Some local professional bankruptcy auction shopper apparently found that one of the warehouse racks of nondescript boxed contained dozens of brand new i3 processors. He got the entire lot for ~$1000 while a similar qty of JUST processors went for some ridiculous figure -- like $5k.

#29949 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Well, that's just before the Octo-dampeners were installed.

I enjoyed my one day at deeproot tour

PXL_20220323_161918753 (resized).jpgPXL_20220323_161918753 (resized).jpgPXL_20220323_162124314 (resized).jpgPXL_20220323_162124314 (resized).jpg
#29950 1 year ago

Were those i3 processors on this same rack? https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115596099/contents-of-pallet-racks/?q=&ipp=100&ref=catalog

Because the same non-pinball guy that bought all the speakers and some other random stuff got this. The boxes on the lower rack were FULL of complete pop bumper assemblies. The middle rack? Drop target assemblies, slingshot assemblies, etc. If they'd have taken a picture of what was in those boxes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 599 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/599 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.