Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 457 of 672.
#22801 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

That seems to be the problem. People cannot figure out I am a good guy trying to help out. Just sent another email to Jack about playfields. Seems like a lot of stuff I post seems to be cryptic to some, but I cannot spill all the beans if asked not to. Just like what is going on with Homepin or not for the next title. I do post up info trying to help out Mirco, but you never see a response from him trying to help him out.

Hey man. I like what you have to say even though cryptic at times. If your in denver at pinball expo sweet let's get a beer. But I'm not getting my money back from RM and Jpoop. It's a loss. My bad choice. I have a friend that ordered 3 Big Lebowski he received 1. Its a loss on him and all paid in full. Im not as bad off. Still like hearing what you have to say. Keep going. I dont care anymore fuck all.

#22802 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wasn't Magic Girl... Magic Girl because John once again couldn't get the rights to David Copperfield?
Christ. The Zidware games are so ill-conceived it isn't even funny.

You're on to something here. Copperfield was his hero. Food Truck = Diner II staring Bill & Hillary, Donald & Milania, Jeffrey & Ghislaine + Prince Andrew. Genius!

#22803 2 years ago

But David Copperfield is a magic boy

#22804 2 years ago

Going to step back from this thread. The personal attacks towards my trying to help out groups wanting to actually produce new pinball machines is not worth it here. Tired of the drinking, drugs, & paint fume crap insult crap on this site towards me. Same with I must be no expert on anything towards pinball.
Focus my time on actually helping others have more pinball products or games for sale. Never thought I would consider some of these posts a sewer, but it seems that way to me! So I will get back to enjoying playing pinball on location. I work with operators & owners keeping their games going. Likely I will be involved with some interesting pinball projects in 2022.
Even some pinball podcasts do not get their info correct. I will leave that one for people that know to see what was not said.

Ok.

#22805 2 years ago

I now believe Robert was given the "worm" by John Popaduik.

chekov_ceti_eel (resized).jpgchekov_ceti_eel (resized).jpg
#22806 2 years ago

@ greatwichjohn I don't think anybody is actually meaning to insult you, but based on the history of everything tied to deeproot, Jpop,zidware and RM it's highly unlikely anybody with any common sense whatsoever want's anything to do with that failed fiasco. The vague posts and innuendo that some secret savior or contractor or whatever is going to bail this out is just strange. There is just too much stink and history behind it all. Nobody is going to hitch their wagon to this dead horse. Apologies on comments of keeping the caps tight on the paint cans - just my way of saying I think it's all incredible talking points.

I bet you are an awesome guy - help out your operator friends and local pinheads, play some pinball and don't take this thread too seriously. The only thing that's serious is people were taken, losing their money and it will happen again in the future if people don't open their eyes. Some even repeat this folly repeatedly and that is baffling. Deeproot couldn't fail more if they were trying to do that. Inferences the ship can be righted or somebody else would pick up this mess frankly seems a bit goofy to most of us and puzzling .

#22807 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

. Inferences the ship can be righted or somebody else would pick up this mess frankly seems a bit goofy to most of us and puzzling .

Especially to people who have read this entire thread. It's a business course in how not to do many things.

#22808 2 years ago

Enron, Edsel, new Coke, Segway, Commodore, Bud dry, Blockbuster, any savings and loan. All better things to try and resurrect ahead of deeproot.

#22809 2 years ago

Going to step back from this thread. The personal attacks towards my trying to help out groups wanting to actually produce new pinball machines is not worth it here. Tired of the drinking, drugs, & paint fume crap insult crap on this site towards me. Same with I must be no expert on anything towards pinball.
Focus my time on actually helping others have more pinball products or games for sale. Never thought I would consider some of these posts a sewer, but it seems that way to me! So I will get back to enjoying playing pinball on location. I work with operators & owners keeping their games going. Likely I will be involved with some interesting pinball projects in 2022.
Even some pinball podcasts do not get their info correct. I will leave that one for people that know to see what was not said.

Yeah man, it's everyone else's fault..... or rather deeproot is extremely toxic and we all are telling you not to even try with them.

Do what you want, but don't expect anything other than a bunch of directed anger when you mention things like wanting to help deeproot or jpop. Definitely don't expect a bunch of people to cheer you on in that endeavor.

If you aren't talking about deeproot, another topic is probably a better choice for your posts.

#22810 2 years ago

Man, this thread has turned into the biggest rubber-necking gaper delay in the history of pinside.

Hilarious how many people have gathered to watch this dumpster fire or total nonsense!

#22811 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Weird Al would like a word...

That is my favorite video. It never fails to make me ROTFLOL. Of course, I am white & nerdy...

#22812 2 years ago

That seems to be the problem. People cannot figure out I am a good guy trying to help out. Just sent another email to Jack about playfields. Seems like a lot of stuff I post seems to be cryptic to some, but I cannot spill all the beans if asked not to. Just like what is going on with Homepin or not for the next title. I do post up info trying to help out Mirco, but you never see a response from him trying to help him out.

I am sure JJP and Mirco are reading pinside daily for business and manufacturing advice

#22813 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am sure JJP and Mirco are reading pinside daily for business and manufacturing advice

Remember if any of these people were molecular bonding scientists they wouldn't be working in pinball.

#22814 2 years ago

I think too many people have a more glamorized and romanticized idea of what a job in pinball is really like.

I am certain its not all puppies and unicorns and rainbows shooting out your ass. More like sitting at a desk looking at blueprints and validating design elements all day, being called to the factory floor daily, sitting through countless hours of meetings and being on the phone for hours tracking down parts suppliers, engaging them, or bitching them out.

And every once in a while you work with your team and work on whitewoods, or rules. You review artwork, approve drawings, write up manufacturing steps, work with the line manager... bitch him out because his workers can't screw a bolt or nut without someone telling them exactly what to do.

Yeah a real glamorous job... and just wait for the sales numbers to let you know your brand new baby is gasping for breath and is considered a total flop... yeah, sign me up!

#22815 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think too many people have a more glamorized and romanticized idea of what a job in pinball is really like.
I am certain its not all puppies and unicorns and rainbows shooting out your ass. More like sitting at a desk looking at blueprints and validating design elements all day, being called to the factory floor daily, sitting through countless hours of meetings and being on the phone for hours tracking down parts suppliers, engaging them, or bitching them out.

Yet another PinPositive™: At deeproot, you don't have to deal with any of these typical, annoying headaches.

#22816 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would have sold more themed as Insane Clown Posse: Dark Carnival! Music theme & horror/comedy/theme park all in one!
“Magnets: How The F Do They Work” mode…game designs itself!

So would the game have juggalos in place of zombies? https://vimeo.com/29589320
Could be fun

#22817 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wasn't Magic Girl... Magic Girl because John once again couldn't get the rights to David Copperfield?

I believe that was Theater of Magic.

#22818 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is absolutely correct, but then people always do that when it comes to jobs they think they would do for free. Reality is altogether something different.

#22819 2 years ago

Here's a clipping from the morning newspaper.

img20210820_13431236 (resized).jpgimg20210820_13431236 (resized).jpg
#22820 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think too many people have a more glamorized and romanticized idea of what a job in pinball is really like

I lived across the street from a MLB Pitcher. When I asked him about playing, he said it was just a job. Grinding thru 150 days of plane flights, bus rides and hotel beds. In addition to hanging out with the crowd noise of 50,000 screaming fans all the time. He said the glamor was overrated.

#22821 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I lived across the street from a MLB Pitcher. When I asked him about playing, he said it was just a job. Grinding thru 150 days of plane flights, bus rides and hotel beds. In addition to hanging out with the crowd noise of 50,000 screaming fans all the time. He said the glamor was overrated.

No way dude! He plays a kids game! He’d do it for free!!

It’s all about the passion!

#22822 2 years ago

Somebody stop him! He's going for deeproot's front door!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22824 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Man, this thread has turned into the biggest rubber-necking gaper delay in the history of pinside.
Hilarious how many people have gathered to watch this dumpster fire or total nonsense!

Watching dumpster fires is entertaining.

Dumpster fire.gifDumpster fire.gif
#22825 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]

Employee's furloughed is just the half of it. They don't have, and never had a production line !

#22826 2 years ago

I think there should be a Twipy for this thread. ZMeny

#22827 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ greatwichjohn I don't think anybody is actually meaning to insult you, but based on the history of everything tied to deeproot, Jpop,zidware and RM it's highly unlikely anybody with any common sense whatsoever want's anything to do with that failed fiasco. The vague posts and innuendo that some secret savior or contractor or whatever is going to bail this out is just strange. There is just too much stink and history behind it all. Nobody is going to hitch their wagon to this dead horse. Apologies on comments of keeping the caps tight on the paint cans - just my way of saying I think it's all incredible talking points.
I bet you are an awesome guy - help out your operator friends and local pinheads, play some pinball and don't take this thread too seriously. The only thing that's serious is people were taken, losing their money and it will happen again in the future if people don't open their eyes. Some even repeat this folly repeatedly and that is baffling. Deeproot couldn't fail more if they were trying to do that. Inferences the ship can be righted or somebody else would pick up this mess frankly seems a bit goofy to most of us and puzzling .

This times 1,000,000.
Why is it everyone EVERYONE that gets involved with jpop automatically becomes this super duper double whammy top secret society club. Double naught spy bull shit?

You want to make a game? Make the fucking game. If it’s any good at all we will buy it.

Easy isn’t it? Great which John, you have gone right past full retard to potato with your top secret I’ve said to much bull shit. EVERYONE HERE IS TIRED OF THE BULL SHIT!!!!!
Your pals want to make a game. Tell em to come on here, throw their hat into the ring and let’s get it done.
Otherwise, go the fuck away.
No one wants Another 10 years of its magic and this time for sure rocky.

#22828 2 years ago

its the greatwich pumpkin (resized).jpgits the greatwich pumpkin (resized).jpg

"Just wait 'til next year, Charlie Brown. You'll see! Next year at this same time, I'll find a pumpkin patch that is real sincere and I'll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears. He'll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he'll fly through the air with his bag of toys. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him! I'll be there! I'll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch... and I'll see the Great Pumpkin. Just wait and see, Charlie Brown."

#22829 2 years ago
2FEC3C0C-4FA0-484F-A8BE-618802616834.gif2FEC3C0C-4FA0-484F-A8BE-618802616834.gif
#22830 2 years ago

Ok. I'll say what everyone is thinking.(and saying in a much nicer tone)

How can people be so fucking stupid to believe it's going to happen.

It's laughable. deeproot is dead. It is squished liked a big on the windshield.

It's over.

#22831 2 years ago

Waiting for an actual update on RAZA...

262C3DF3-009A-4F1B-92E8-35CFA4BAB40A (resized).png262C3DF3-009A-4F1B-92E8-35CFA4BAB40A (resized).png
#22833 2 years ago

Wow. The truth comes out. He is a legitimate criminal. I figured everyone’s money was safe but he’s in some serious deep water here….

#22834 2 years ago

Look like it! If you didn’t think it was game over before surely this is the final nail!

#22835 2 years ago

This first time ever Mueller kept his mouth shut:

9. Mueller also used more than $1.5 million of the Funds’ assets to pay hundreds of personal expenses, including his daughter’s private school tuition, vacations with his family, his second wedding, his second divorce, his third wedding, jewelry for both his second and third wives (including engagement rings and wedding bands for both wives), other lifestyle spending for and by his family, and to buy a condominium in Kauai, Hawaii. When asked by SEC counsel during investigative testimony about his use of the Funds’ assets to pay for these personal and family expenses, Mueller asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

#22836 2 years ago

Not only in everyone’s pinball money long gone but his investment clients too!? Unbelievable. This guy is going to jail. What an incredible Netflix documentary series this will all make one day. It’s absolutely shocking and totally predictable at the same time

#22837 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put a f ing game out there with all that $$ spent and the last several years FFS
I’m regretting my decision to forego the Jpop payment now. Yeah that was stupid on my part
Call it for what it is. Absolutely terrible execution thus far
The 575 fund is another story. Good luck with that.
The whole thing is turning into a monster shit show

Guess "monster shit show" was the understatement of the year

#22838 2 years ago

@ blueberryjohnson - remember the pm I sent you ? Looks like my suspicions were correct.

#22839 2 years ago

Feel like I am never getting my hammer tested t-shirt now......

#22840 2 years ago

"Legal issue"
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa...........HaHaHa!

I can't wait to see RM (eventually) go to jail.
The "American Greed" tv episode will be awesome.

#22841 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ blueberryjohnson - remember the pm I sent you ? Looks like my suspicions were correct.

Holy crap

Do you think the SEC would let me stay in the Kauai condo for a few days? Planning a visit next month.

#22842 2 years ago

I guess taking down the deeproot funds page and getting rid of all the Facebooks, LinkedIns, and phone numbers wasn't a big nothing burger after all. If someone were under investigation, would the government usually like someone doing that kind of stuff?

#22843 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I guess taking down the deeproot funds page and getting rid of all the Facebooks, LinkedIns, and phone numbers wasn't a big nothing burger after all. If someone were under investigation, would the government usually like someone doing that kind of stuff?

That's not going to matter one way or another after stealing MILLIONS OF DOLLARS from investors.

#22845 2 years ago

So, biggest scandal in pinball history, right? This is the SEC we're talking about.

I guess Robert really was an innovator after all.

#22846 2 years ago

RIP Deeproot. Time of death 8/21/21 6:18AM Texas Tea Time

#22847 2 years ago

WILL ROBERT HIRE VINCENT LAGUARDI GAMBINI TO DEFEND HIM?

#22848 2 years ago

Jpop wasn’t even the villain of this story!! Well…not the primary villain anyway…

#22849 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Not only in everyone’s pinball money long gone but his investment clients too!?

How could anyone think investment money could still there after all those years of expenses? Nobody really believed his 'it's my own money' ever, I hope?

#22850 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Do you think the SEC would let me stay in the Kauia condo for a few days? Planning a visit next month.

It sounds nice. $59,000+ in renovations. I'd check around for any piles of cash hidden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 457 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/457 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.