76DAA1F9-0634-4E22-9E0C-550455F0084D.jpeg
C74675FA-D606-4372-AB58-D9DE0118DB21.jpeg
210344EF-CFD0-4FF9-B4F3-B30C3E024BE6.jpeg
787F35A7-3270-4259-929C-3AA6B35395F8.jpeg
linkedin (resized).png
7ECB18A5-D53D-4220-B1EB-21B3370BC35D (resized).jpeg
15C60BD1-0BED-4814-9815-49C75FA0F9E5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

84 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (3 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (1 year ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (1 year ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (1 year ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (1 year ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But those 8-10 pins will be nothing but unorganized grab-ass-tic pieces of amphibian shit!
Full Metal Jacket quotes sound better than outdated and uninspired.
LTG : )

I think most people will be happy with those 8 - 10 games. They can see them, feel them, touch them and know the games are going to turn up in their favourite arcade or at their home. People have been buying with confidence.

I really want to believe Deeproot and I wish them well. All I ever see from them is words. I take offense to their last post, the other manufacturers have been doing a pretty good job of giving us plenty of machines to play, best of new and old style games. Putting shit on the opposition is a really bad move and really bad form. It gives you a small insight into their character as people. I was already extremely reluctant to buy a game from them, after their statement I think we will be a definite no. No buyer confidence from us at all.

#3582 2 years ago
Quoted from Matthew2000tx:

I’m fairly new to pinball and I live about 3 miles away from DeepRoot here in San Antonio. I have to say as a San Antonioian I hope DeepRoot Pinball becomes a viable pinball company. I too have some concerns about the history of Jpop and their not meeting their deadline at the Texas Pinball Festival. The more sinister side of me is saying that DeepRoot pinball is just a way for an investment firm to show a loss on a pet project for tax reasons. Hire Jpop to claim more losses.
Anyways, I hope my sinister side is incorrect.
On the local pinball front here it has been nice to play with some of the top pinball players now employed by DR during league play and tournaments.
We see DeepRoot employees at the local pinball spots occasionally.
It’s nice that the top players are here in San Antonio even though I may never again have a chance of setting a high score on a machine! Lol.
As a new to pinball person my wife and I are hopefully bringing home our first machine once it’s shopped by a local tech.
We will then be in the market for our second machine of which we have already set aside some money for. I think it would be great if DeepRoot instead or in addition to being so innovative with new technologies would also be innovative on their prices and set the bar for new pin ownership within the reach of more people. Pinball is rising like a Phoenix again so why not offer a lower cost option to the market in addition to the innovative engineering.
Anyways that is my 2 cents for what it’s worth.

Your positivity for Deeproot is extremely refreshing. Please remember to look after your hard earned dollars. No machine, no pay, and no deposit. There is some arrogance in Deeproot's statements which shows they could be difficult to deal with, especially in resolving issues and warranty claims. If you are going to buy a game from them, ensure that you do not part with your hard earned dollars until a working machine is in your possession. If by some miracle you do get a machine good luck in resolving any issues with it.

Pinball is an awesome hobby. We have met so many good people and look forward to meeting so many more. Machines cost a lot of money and that is why you see so much passion in forums. One thing I have learnt is to deal with people you trust. Maybe see what Deeproot come up with, let them trade for a few years to give you some buyer confidence, then consider a game from them. There is always plenty of genuine help on this forum if you get stuck.

Good Luck!

6 months later
#6910 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

I think people will get their Rick and morty pins before Deeproot releases 1 pin

Agree. I also think Stern will release 6 more games before you can get a Deeproot

1 week later
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So this is an announcement of an announcement coming in three months.

Maybe coming in three months. Plenty of other good choices around. That is my opinion.

1 month later
#7429 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

What's the most popular model from Stern? The Pro, by a lot.

You need to ask the person who told you that where they got their info from, it is not true.

I think DR have missed the boat. Some of the comments earlier in this thread make me wonder how many people are willing to buy their games if they ever do come out.

Hopefully they produce some games for people to play at TPF.

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That‘d be like everyone.
So plz share your own info.

Ask your distro would be a good place to start. I sure they can tell you the ratio of sales pro to prem/LE.

It is not my place to say.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Your local distro can only tell you about 25% of Sterns market share.

That is a good start!

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So then do it.
And then ask the 50% Arcade/ Barcade market and the 25% home owners overseas who pay a couple of thousand bucks more for a game and you'll see you're wrong. :-*

All good. That is what I love about Pinside, there are plenty of people that know everything about everything so I will admit I am wrong just for you.

However FYI.
I asked Gary Stern his production percentages the last time he was in Australia so I have a pretty good idea what they are. I also asked him what percentages went to each different market. He was happy to give percentages and is not happy to give out numbers. It is not my place to give out the info he gave me. You seem to already have all your own answers so why bother asking anyone else?

This is also a Deep Root thread.

1 month later
#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

First 4 day gap in how long in this thread?
Do they release any bits this week, what do you think?

Even DS_Nadine has given up on Deeproot releasing anything.

I think we will see what we have been seeing over the last year, not much!

3 months later
#8778 1 year ago
Quoted from russdx:

Hopefully DR does not follow Segway or Robert will be killed by one of his own pinball machines

No chance of that happening. There are no pinball machines, just talk!

2 weeks later
#8829 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Weeks since last livesign: Four
(We're still within the last communicated timeline. But if we don't get a reveal in August I'd call it quits.)

August what year?

1 month later
#9310 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Interesting bc of the TAIQ release deeproot stepped up their game. This is directly realted to STERN and their playfield issues. Smart move.

Thunderbirds had a good quality wood playfield too. Look how that worked out. The game can have the best quality build on the planet but if the game is s shit it will not sell.

#9352 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, yeah Neil i swear that is the last thing i'll go to my grave worried about it how many dimples my PF's have!
I only wish i could live long enough in a HUO environment to actually wear out one of my PF's by playing it so much.

Most people that complain about dimples do not buy new games..! Same as most people that buy games care very much about licence and themes. Hopefully Deeproot do not hammer themselves into the ground!

#9372 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting that you speak for most people. I buy new games and stopped buying Sterns because of quality. I care deeply about licenses and themes. I'm excited for the hammer test, the logo and jpop. I'm their target audience and I have cash to burn.

I sincerely wish you well. Deeproot have shown me broken promises and arrogance. Now Deeproot have decided to have a go at Mirco, CPR, JJP, CGC and Stern. They have not even produced a game. If we ever see games from them in arcades and peoples homes, I am happy to sit and wait a year or two to see how these playfields hold up. Maybe a reflection of what they have shown so far? Sour grapes do not make nice tasting wine.

If I had money to burn, I would be all over new Sterns and JJPs. What are some dimples and a few chips?

#9475 1 year ago

Is this how many false release dates have been given to people?

Could also be how many games should have already been released?

Could also be a countdown to another announcement?

Could also be a countdown to another dissapointment?

#9490 1 year ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

They just updated the teaser page[quoted image]

It is so past that shit now, no more time left for any more games.

Deeproot need to show a game.

#9541 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Gauntlet thrown..!
[quoted image]

BD should be changed to BS in my opinion.

Still no game. That was said 4 years ago. Since then Stern have released 10 titles or maybe even more. Killer games too I may add.

What has Deeproot released? I understand people are willing Deeproot on and I sincerely hope we see a game ship in 2020 and not more broken promises.

#9546 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really interesting marketing strategy, where they appear to only be marketing (in secret?!) to Pinside users. There is no other attempt to reach out beyond this small group, which representes only a fraction of pinball fans worldwide.

The hype is on their FB page and also on their internet page. I think it is available to anyone not just pinheads. I am not sure how to post the links, maybe some of the other pinsiders can help with this?

I think because there are so many broken promises from Deeproot, loads of people have lost interest in a pinball machine except us pinheads.

#9547 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm pretty sure this is a RAZA release. No doubt.

For their sake I sincerely hope so. The game will have to be great and start shipping straight away I think.

#9772 1 year ago

What if it is just another announcement about an announcement again? I am hoping for finished games that are ready to ship... I highly doubt it.

I think you will be starting another countdown. I think Stern, JJP and CGC will all announce more games before DR ship anything. Maybe you can count your countdowns!

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will do: 3!
Edit:
Maybe I should explain.
Of course I do this partially because I'm enthusiastic, but more because I wanted to disrupt/ irritate the neverending and circling shithole discussion; wich it did.
I laugh my butt of, when people are agressively attacking me for posting that countdown and not adding relevant information, while these are the same people who're naysaying about the same pasttime stuff over and over again.
The countdown is the only actual/ relevant information we have, the rest ist purely speculative.
Whatever you think of this, hopefully in 3 days it is over!

I like it! Your coundown have been more enjoyable than anything we have got from Deeproot.

Unfortunatley I do not think we will see much from Deeproot in 3 days. Maybe a game or a picture of a game.

#10600 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Behold. The innovation.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just cannot stop laughing!I thought Thunderbirds was bad This makes Thunderbirds look like game of the year.

I feel really bad for all the people waiting for a game. Bankruptcy next.

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It still looks better than thunderbirds. Just wear oven mitts when you play it and the palm bruising won't be too bad.

So the hammer test was for the machine or the playfield?

At least Thunderbirds has made it into arcades and peoples homes. Still plenty of arrogance and plenty of nothing from Deeproot.

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You guys are behaving like Deeproot are trying to harm your family, not expand one of your favorite hobbies.
Geeeezus, lighten up....

How much money have you lost? Plenty of people on this thread still waiting for a game. Today they got got fed more arrogance and BS.

Still no game.

#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I didn't realize Deeproot took money from you.

All good. Deeproot did not take any money from me. Plenty of my friends got taken by JPOP and Deeproot have taken on the debt, repaid some and promised other people games. I think that was 3 years ago and the original games were to be delivered 7 years ago. I am sure there is someone on here that can give more accurate info. The entire thing was a scam so you can understand why so many people (including me) are so skeptical that deep root will deliver. As explained previously on this thread, in Australia "root" is slang for "[email protected]".

1 week later
#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

I wonder how it feels for the folks at Deeproot when your hyped up launch event (with all these innovations!) is so irrelevant that just 2 weeks later the thread about your company is filled with picutres of cars instead of pictures of your game(s).

Sometimes ignotance and arrogance go together. I do not think they care. Innovation from Deeproot was that something old became something new again.

Car discussion is definitelyvmore entertaining.

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

Back on topic
How many days?

Until what? More broken promises? More photos of games that look like they belong in the 50s? The car threat has been much more entertaining .

Deeproot are going nowhere. JJP are about to release another game.. Hype is awesome, People are excited to see it, touch it and play it.

Deeproot have hammer tested their heads a bit too much I think.

1 week later
#12824 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Sorry for the confusion, we didn't have a seminar...that was meant to be a joke!

Seminar is a joke or Deeproot is a joke?

Just joking!

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So you get a game and a bill now?

Probably just the bill and a bit more bragging and then more broken promises.

1 month later
#13940 10 months ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Calling my distro today for an xtra.

Please let us all know how that works out for you.

I would not be giving these guys any money.

#14046 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I guess it could be dangerous to trust and pay but you have to take the leap to play. Having them both on the AMEX helps my comfort a bit though... With that said, a simple call yesterday and talked to Robert. Life is a gamble but he seemed confident in his team and making this happen so its worth the gamble for me as I truly enjoy the hobby. I have supported companies with much less foundation and resources. Time will tell. When (if) the games arrive our arcade (home) is open to any fan of the hobby to give the game a spin. Just PM.

You are a much more trusting person than me!

Can I ask, Why would you not wait until there is a physical game available and buy it then? Guaranteed return on your investment. With all the bad reviews on this thread and with so many people being ripped off last time, no assembly line that anyone has seen and arrogance from RM. Right now you have joined the queue with the others waiting with nothing to show for your money.

#14079 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All valid points and maybe I side with trust and my personal evaluation of the company and team. Or just crazy? As for reviews in this thread, I personally like what I see with this game And the new era design ideas they created. Totally understand Not for everyone as change is the last thing people like and completely respect that. As for assembly line. I have never asked Apple or any other product company to show me how they are going to provide my product nor do I feel they owe me that right. I work with Hundreds of companies throughout the world that have Never shown their production to anyone. I am buying a product nothing more is my view. As for the others in queue, I don't believe anyone has actually given Deeproot the Co any money and lost or failed to deliver? The Other "Z" company and owner yes but not this company. I do Sincerely feel bad for those that lost on that investment as being cheated Sucks but I can only hope This company (completely different) correlates other then a poor employee selection. Time will tell...

Gold? I am going for Platinum fool of the year! lol

I sincerely wish you all the best! Good luck.

#14264 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why on earth are they following RAZA with food truck and not a mainstream seller like Goonies or The Who?
Makes no fucking sense

Let's just see some RAZA in arcades and homes first.. One title has not been maunfactured yet.

2 months later
#16300 7 months ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

I see Texas is lowering those Covid restrictions. No more mask mandate and businesses are able to run at full capacity. This should help speed up things at DR...
Ps- Lol

DR can speed up 100 times. 100 times nothing still equals nothing!

#16419 7 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This thread is getting way out of control...
What's next pitchforks? Tar and feathers?
No skin in this game but can't understand the hatred!
Don't like it ,dont buy it..

That is the point.. There is still nothing to buy at this stage.

2 months later
#18368 5 months ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot is extremely confident that they will be a very successful pinball manufacturer. The interview will make some in the pinball community angry, some won’t believe anything deeproot says, and some will be skeptical but quietly hopeful/excited. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

This was a Deep-rooted statement from 3 years ago. I am still in the " some won't believe anything deep-rooted says" part of the pinball population.

#18387 5 months ago

Same as 3 years ago... nada... nothing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside