• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 669.
#10801 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Deeproot and my oven look alike.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bro the back box clearly is for heating hot pockets while we play.

#10802 3 years ago

Looking pretty similar to me

4F8E6CF4-A9D4-4EC6-93D1-EA645FBE6C6D (resized).png4F8E6CF4-A9D4-4EC6-93D1-EA645FBE6C6D (resized).pngF01E5EFB-3AFC-42A4-AAD9-C95EB837A7C4 (resized).pngF01E5EFB-3AFC-42A4-AAD9-C95EB837A7C4 (resized).png
#10803 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Deeproot and my oven look alike.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe you can cook while playing a game

#10804 3 years ago

My .02 cent.

deeproot needs to release Raza as is.

It is definitely awkward looking at the pictures but if a well done video of The pin and its gameplay is released in the next few days it might be able to save Raza.

Then make your adjustments after your first release.

The wait is killing this project for most.

Hope something positive comes of this.

#10805 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My .02 cent.
deeproot needs to release Raza as is.
It is definitely awkward looking at the pictures but if a well done video of The pin and its gameplay is released in the next few days it might be able to save Raza.
Then make your adjustments after your first release.
The wait is killing this project for most.
Hope something positive comes of this.

But If the game don’t shoot... I mean the community crucified Houdini, which started as another JPop disaster ... and that game as shipped CAN shoot!

#10806 3 years ago

I've seen a couple of people say the wraparound translite is cool. Even the inimitable Benjamin Heckendorn seemed to like that light-years-from-the-present futuristic innovation... What??!!! Put your glasses back on benheck et al!

What exactly is the point of a wraparound Translite if you're going to treat it EXACTLY as you would a traditional Translite?!?

Instead of a Wood Panel breaking up the Futuristic Art Innovation, there is a vertical line of Lightning up bth sides of the front image, and then a totally disconnected image on the side of the head... ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE A TRADITIONAL PINBALL HEAD!!!

There COULD be a cool opportunity for forced perspective here, or perhaps art that actually wraps around, and incorporates the sides... This is a joke.

I have no Ill Will towards deeproot... Well, OK, that's not entirely true. I think Robert's shit talking and hubris created a ton of ill will, but I was willing to give all that a pass if they brought cool pins to market.

As it stands, I feel terrible for Steve Bowden... truly one of the nicest dudes in all of pinball. I feel bad for anybody who was anticipating being made whole by deeproot. This particular Shitshow is far from over. You can stick a fork in it if you like, but it will just keep smouldering for years!

#10807 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But If the game don’t shoot... I mean the community crucified Houdini, which started as another JPop disaster ... and the shipped game CAN shoot!

Just saying if the pin plays well and is ready to go ship it and get past it.

#10808 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just saying if the pin plays well and is ready to go ship it and get past it.

Obviously if the pin played well they wouldn't have cancelled the reveal.

#10809 3 years ago

When my kids are in trouble, I usually tell them they are in deep doo doo, but now I tell them they are in deep root.

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you're gonna do a crotch speaker, at least do one one big enough to ring the player's bells...[quoted image]

Ha. First thought I had upon seeing the leaked pics was of @theKorn's BOP. You thought of Mousin. Hilarious

#10811 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Obviously if the pin played well they wouldn't have cancelled the reveal.

Is that why? Does anyone know for sure?

#10812 3 years ago

Deep roots next title

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#10813 3 years ago
Quoted from Godpinzilla:

Deep roots next title
[quoted image]

Shouldn’t they worry about just making their first title lmao . How many games has little Spooky released in the last 3 years? This company is a joke.

#10814 3 years ago

I was hoping to read about an assembly line / factory that’s stocked and ready to roll.

Apparently that doesn’t exist?

I wouldn’t give these guys $$ until they prove they can manufacture effectively for at least a year.

#10815 3 years ago

I was so distraught over the news I went and bought a new hand gun. Life is great again. Thanks DR I needed an excuse to do it. lol

#10816 3 years ago

the more I look at the backbox, it reminds me of a TV entertainment stand.. and now I can't unsee it

deep_center (resized).pngdeep_center (resized).png
#10817 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Shouldn’t they worry about just making their first title lmao . How many games has little Spooky released in the last 3 years? This company is a joke.

It wouldn't be so bad if Robert haven't swung his cock all over the place before doing jack shit. He wants to be Elon Musk so bad....

#10818 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It wouldn't be so bad if Robert haven't swung his cock all over the place before doing jack shit. He wants to be Elon Musk so bad....

Problem is Musk is intelligent...

#10819 3 years ago

I think with some tweaking they could have a nice looking pin

deeproot_r0.1 (resized).jpgdeeproot_r0.1 (resized).jpg
#10820 3 years ago

Wonder is Hardy is going to do a vid on his visit, or if will be canned like the launch.

#10821 3 years ago

Funny this looks great now.

F423E550-F891-4803-B0D8-CBF2D4E7307A (resized).pngF423E550-F891-4803-B0D8-CBF2D4E7307A (resized).png
#10822 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Wonder is Hardy is going to do a vid on his visit, or if will be canned like the launch.

I am guessing he has to sign an NDA so we won’t hear his actual impressions at all.

#10823 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

He already posted on FB he’s not going to air his video about it.

#10824 3 years ago

I don’t know if this has been brought up but it’s strange how the art on the translite is uneven on the top .Flush to the right n drops on the left .could this be a projection from the inside ?

#10825 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know if this has been brought up but it’s strange how the art on the translite is uneven on the top .Flush to the right n drops on the left .could this be a projection from the inside ?

It looks to match the angle of the light blue line at the bottom of the backbox

#10826 3 years ago

No goofiness allowed ? So be it.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10827 3 years ago

TWIP interview in Sept 2017:

On Plans to For Zidware Customers to be “Made Whole”

Given John Popadiuk’s inexcusable past mistakes, the first issue discussed was his Zidware customers. John does not have money to refund Zidware customers or the means to build the Zidware machines, so any form of restitution would have to come with the help of an outside source (like Deeproot). Robert indicated that Deeproot is aware that in order to work with JPop, they would have to take care of “each and every” Zidware customer. Robert assured that this “comes first” and is the first priority. No specifics were discussed, however, they plan to have multiple options to make sure Zidware customers are made whole.

And here we are today with a Goodwill Agreement that has currently been in breach of contract. Hopefully, DR can remedy that asap.

#10828 3 years ago

Art looks great! Too bad the pin either never ships or doesn’t sell more than 100 units. What a colossal waste of talent, time, and money. Thank goodness we can choose from multiple companies producing real games.

#10829 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

One of deeproots original themes will be "Schadenfreude,"

well it's better than Punny Factory...

#10830 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:People need to see the jagged lock down bar of pain!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are being secretly passed around by the pinball elite.
Let's just say the innovative new cabinet looks like a Delorean crossed with an upscale late 1990s Freezer. It would be right at home in an early 1990s Sharper Image catalogue.
The lockdown bar is especially ridiculous with hard, 90 degree angles that will bruise your palms (think Stellar Wars) and is so massive and thick it appears short players will have trouble seeing the flippers. Turning the lockdown bar into what appears to be a touch screen appears to be another stroke of design genius. If you liked the action button, you'll love that!
Anyway it's definitely a game changer. Its about time someone stuck an extra set of speakers at crotch level.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.
Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those hard lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.
And looks like kids won't be able to see the flippers. Maybe a fold out step stool is another innovation.
And yes it appears to be a touch screen, as I don't see a start button anywhere.
There you go folks. Pinball innovation.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think your hand picked group of pinbaliterati grasping their hands in pain after playing two balls probably sent a message to them that yet another reboot is in order.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just can't believe it took a room full of pinball celebrities for them to realize their lockdown bar of the future renders the game unplayable.
Makes you wonder how much of their experienced pinball staff had anything to do with the design.
Google the Atari 5200 controller for reference.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK now that the pointing and laughing is starting to subside lets get into pointless tech speculation:
I guess that lockdown bar/rails/glass come up in one piece like on Fireball '72? Or is that hulking monstrosity of a lockdown bar/touch screen separate?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It still looks better than thunderbirds. Just wear oven mitts when you play it and the palm bruising won't be too bad.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The podcasters are just dead weight who were there to get drunk and provide free marketing, but I think having actual players there who could point out the basic glaring flaws of having a palm torturing lockdown bar that also blocks the view of the flippers may cause some issues in the marketplace.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is palm-bruising the new dimpling?
I hope so. So sick of dimpling.

Yes, I get a serious 90s Sharper Image catalogue vibe out of it. Also reminds me of a stainless steel kitchen appliance.

Can you tell us again about that lockdown bar? Seriously, how soft are your hands anyway?

#10831 3 years ago

On the Future of Deeproot Pinball TWIP

On the Deeproot Pinball website is the following quote: “Every family needs a Pinball…every Pinball needs a family.” Deeproot is planning to manufacture machines “different from anyone else” in a way that will make it easier for more machines to make it into more homes. The machines will be more focused on families than hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

His words. There's your answer, the game is being rolled out to "families" and not us hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

#10832 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.
Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those hard lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.
And looks like kids won't be able to see the flippers. Maybe a fold out step stool is another innovation.
And yes it appears to be a touch screen, as I don't see a start button anywhere.
There you go folks. Pinball innovation.

All they need to do is trim down the lockdown bar area screen so there isn't as much steel border around the touchscreen and redo the the interface with the front sides of the cabinet. It is clear to me that the lockdown bar/screen pops out first and then you can raise the playfield glass up like the hood of a car. That is why they can't have the steel go down all the way to the flipper buttons. So they just need to rethink the interaction of the lockdown bar and come up with a way for the lockdown bar to not create a lip between it and the buttons. Honestly if they have a fab shop I would think they could whip up some more prototypes in a week or two. They just have to work through the problem.

#10833 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On the Future of Deeproot Pinball TWIP
On the Deeproot Pinball website is the following quote: “Every family needs a Pinball…every Pinball needs a family.” Deeproot is planning to manufacture machines “different from anyone else” in a way that will make it easier for more machines to make it into more homes. The machines will be more focused on families than hardcore pinball enthusiasts.
His words. There's your answer, the game is being rolled out to "families" and not us hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

Good luck with that... most "families" think pinball machines cost $1000-$1500 bucks.

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's your answer, the game is being rolled out to "families" and not us hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, nothing is being rolled, except maybe some rick.

0A07DC54-2F41-4116-BC93-6CADA00F9825 (resized).jpeg0A07DC54-2F41-4116-BC93-6CADA00F9825 (resized).jpeg
#10835 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did Deeproot take the COVID assistance? There’s your answer

When I looked them up on the bailout lists I found them listed twice under two deeproot entities.

#10836 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

If deeproot isn’t proof Karama exists I don’t know what is.

It's not so clear to me.

Good karma
1) Deeproot did fully reimburse any qualified JPOP buyer that signed the goodwill agreement and requested a refund.
2) They haven't taken any pre-order money, unlike Heighway, SkitB and Dutch Pinball.
3) They paid salaries to a lot of people.

Bad karma
1) Lots of big talk and boasting.
2) Missed all stated timelines.

So, what should their overall karma be?

#10837 3 years ago

Well according to this person the issue is at the top .Might just be 1 disgruntled employee who knows?

E3183351-AE55-4E81-9724-A0C4341DA536 (resized).pngE3183351-AE55-4E81-9724-A0C4341DA536 (resized).pngF2315FE0-8FAB-4780-952A-E1459EA9616D (resized).pngF2315FE0-8FAB-4780-952A-E1459EA9616D (resized).png
#10838 3 years ago

I dunno I still want to see it complete .

#10839 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I was so distraught over the news I went and bought a new hand gun. Life is great again. Thanks DR I needed an excuse to do it. lol

LMAO

#10840 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

When I looked them up on the bailout lists I found them listed twice under two deeproot entities.

You posted a while back that Deeproot Tech, LLC and Deeproot Media, LLC received between $350k to $1 mill each, from two different banks.

Approved back on May 8th and May 13th i think.

#10841 3 years ago

RAZA by deeproot
coming soon:
Christmas 10,000 AD

#10842 3 years ago

Dear rich people:

JPOP IS A LAZY HACK FRAUD.

At what point will you realize this?

Signed, Anyone who's known him.

#10843 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dear rich people:

post of the year!

#10844 3 years ago

You know that in Australia, when we say something is “Rooted”, it means it’s “f*cked” or broken. So if we were to say something was “Deeply Rooted” it means it is “Very Badly F*cked”. Just sayin.

#10845 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dear rich people:

Well, it is amazing how gullible a lot of us all were.

Back then we wanted to believe and didn't know what we didn't know. It was staring us in the face and we ignored it.

Clue #1, I believe the original MG number was 11 or 13? Should have right away figured how the heck are you going to make 13 games by ordering parts for ONLY 13 games, cost effectively, and then WHO was going to assemble them.

Clue #2, As to the question of WHO was going to assemble them when RAZA came along in 2012 and i got involved there were 99 units and some additional "Cointaker units" to get the total to 125.

And of course, the WHO part included Ben Heck and John coming to your house to help assemble the DIY version.

Why the F didn't that raise a major red flag at the time! Doesn't it sound a bit ridiculous?

Clue #3, Fast forward to Expo 2014 i think it was or 2015, same one as the TBL launch and Hobbit artwork reveal disaster. And of course John bringing in the famous RAZA cab with those fancy lightening bolt hinges. It was just a freaking cab and while TBL was a scam then at least they actually had a flipping pin.

Clue #4, On a phone call with John he talked about having to raise the total of MG to about 50 because "it wasn't feasible to do a run in a lower amount". This was right before EXPO.

He was about to hit the jackpot on more MG $$ and AIW deposits. He kept taking deposits knowing full well he would NEVER deliver or assemble a game himself.

Then me, Frolic and some others started to finally question him and break him down.

Our buddy Billy B. came forward that summer with Pintasia to try and save the day. Thankfully i was overseas and didn't participate. Sorry about that Billy!

Davhal and AP resurrected John with some half ass barely playable MG units.

2017 DR steps in to save Jpop again, for some reason, and does the whole Goodwill Agreement deal with all of us.

It's been argued before, wtf was Bob thinking?

What a journey it's been and a trip down memory lane. Why does it all seem like yesterday? 8 years of this.

#10846 3 years ago

You guys are behaving like Deeproot are trying to harm your family, not expand one of your favorite hobbies.

Geeeezus, lighten up....

#10847 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You guys are behaving like Deeproot are trying to harm your family, not expand one of your favorite hobbies.
Geeeezus, lighten up....

Nobody has destroyed more wealth in the pinball hobby than JPOP.

It's time for him to be cancelled.

#10848 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Makes Thunderbirds look like a really good machine.

Said one person ever.

#10849 3 years ago

No comment.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10850 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No comment.[quoted image]

I might be wrong but you can actually buy the pin on the right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.