• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (4 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You can buy a 55” OLED TV for like 800 bucks

Where?

2 weeks later
#731 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is there an estimation on when the "Days of Deeproot" reveal is supposed to happen?

Between now and when the games are due to start shipping in June 2019. I would expect sometime in Spring 2019 before we see some sizable information.

1 month later
#841 5 years ago

1 physical game, 5 different themes? I think Stern has that down.

4 weeks later
#869 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What’s the current go with Deeproot, weren’t they set to unveil some new groundbreaking technology that is going to rewrite Pinball production as we know it? Any updates?

TPF 2019

1 month later
#1133 5 years ago

I am hoping DR's Houdini becomes Copperfield upon release. I hate always having to ask the manufactures name when just talking about a game.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did deeproot ever mention how they were going to be making their playfields or out of what material? I remember the hammer test statements so assume their playfields won’t be made out of wood?

I believe that will be revealed day 5 at TPF. Only 8 months away now!!

2 weeks later
#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I would love to see original themes, as they don't have constraints from a licensor. I also think a theme can be implemented better without having to tie in mechs with the license allowing more creative toys. Rudy and exploding castle in MM come to mind.
Modular would be awesome too. The Pinball 2000 idea comes to mind. Being able to easily change games by easily swapping playfield and art packages, and keeping the costs down would be awesome.

You had me until you said modular like Pinball 2000.

1 month later
#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Define "morning".

I normally see postings by 7:30 am Central time

1 month later
#1909 5 years ago

The announcement and reveal of the games will be at TPF

2 months later
#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern has said many times they are doing at least 50 games per day.

Of course, Stern NEVER exaggerates.

3 weeks later
#2445 5 years ago

Overseas cultures tend to spell things the way it is pronounced.

1 month later
#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So you can cash out?

Iceman is in it for the pinball, not the money. I can see that within every post he makes when referring to the DR agreement.

2 weeks later
#3418 4 years ago

The updates are pouring in.

#3443 4 years ago

Don't forget the money shot.
RAZA proto playfield (resized).pngRAZA proto playfield (resized).png

#3459 4 years ago

"At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo."

Better get your room reserved now.
http://www.arcadecenter.com/

4 weeks later
#3869 4 years ago

I hope the DR game is close to this Zidware layout.
ad0c73195bb6fbfa4c673f05a080ec9bd256e4fe (resized).jpgad0c73195bb6fbfa4c673f05a080ec9bd256e4fe (resized).jpg06bdbebdbc19e64f0529f0adef5f9ecbdf42be04 (resized).jpg06bdbebdbc19e64f0529f0adef5f9ecbdf42be04 (resized).jpg

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I kinda think thats ugly as clown puke.

LED bulbs can be changed. Look beyond that. I believe this is some of Zombie Yeti's artwork.

3 weeks later
#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Here's a deeproot topic:
Some pin friends and I were discussing that the only plausible explanation for the number of games under development there is some sort of modular swap system. Otherwise the cash being spent is being wasted. Discuss.

I hope this means it will be easy to remove and clean the playfield, just like on the P3 system.

2 weeks later
#4438 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

In this case, looks like I missed out.

Correct. Since you did not read the whole thread, you missed out on a free machine.

#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Which November

1 week later
#4489 4 years ago

2019-08-17 08_53_12-deeproot Studios - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-08-17 08_53_12-deeproot Studios - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok white wood, cost, designer, who's on software, music and video assets. You know, relevant information. Oh, there is a new pic of hybrid dinosaur! Yay.

Relevant info will be announced no doubt in due time. So toss your broken record

1 week later
#4718 4 years ago

2019-08-28 18_09_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-08-28 18_09_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not too sure I like the style BUT it certainly looks different and fresh for pinball.

Looks like the mean Queen in Alice in Wonderland?

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So, well, any games been revealed yet?

Since there are no new threads on any individual titles, that is a negative.

1 week later
#4778 4 years ago

2019-09-04 22_34_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-09-04 22_34_09-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#4839 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

How many people think they will bring at least one completed game to the November show?

I think there will be 2 games there. Robert stated in the public announcement that RAZA prototypes will be there. I hope that means production prototypes with artwork on them.

#4853 4 years ago
Screenshot_20190910-175736_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190910-175736_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Still no news after 300 post.

Why would you expect any until Nov 15/16 weekend?

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Closing in on 100 pages of nothing

Actually, DS_Nadine recapped the last deeproot announcement.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm new to this thread. Can someone summarize the last 98 pages for me please?
30 words or less.

Come back Nov 15/16th

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from insx:

How would anyone know if they want to license their "package of innovations"?

Probably will be based on patented items.

2 weeks later
#5061 4 years ago

Said it before...nothing to see here until November.

2 weeks later
#5084 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought I heard they were bringing some cabinets and maybe a white wood game to expo, I must have heard wrong.

2 RAZA prototypes are coming to the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo.

#5088 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I hope what they bring is ready to impress. Otherwise the negativity is going to be tough to bear.

Robert already stated these are prototypes with no artwork. This is not a full production product launch. Don't be expecting to be more than that.

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, it's an interesting tease for sure. I've been trolled before and probably again... wouldn't be the first time I fell for it.
But I'm game to at least pay attention to Pinball Profile over the next few days to see if anything unfolds.
[quoted image]

I have ask, who is his source? I do not see anything on deeproot studios FB page or related pages. Odd that that would start on a Sunday. I call BS.

#5165 4 years ago

Nov 3rd is a Sunday, so I call BS.

#5200 4 years ago

Always good to hear from the experts.

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm LMAO right now while i eat a bowl of chili.

Hope you are drinking a beer with that chili.

Glad you picked getting a pin over the money. I would have done the same if I was in that boat. I almost got reeled in on AIW on the tale end of it, as I was very close to sending in a deposit.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Anyone else think their statements on Houston are some sort of deception, and the game they show in Houston will be complete and available for purchase?

With a 10'x20' booth, I think not.

#5242 4 years ago

I am expecting a TPF reveal and ready to ship shortly after.

#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes, Deeproot even confirmed multiple game reveals at the upcoming Texas Pinball Festival 2019 in March. The 5 days of Deeproot.

Now we'll see part of what they are up to with the RAZA prototypes next week at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo. This is why I am confident in saying TPF2020 will be the big reveal. Sure some of the games maybe shown or announced sometime before then, but I would believe TPF will be the first time for the public to play any production games.

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What else can you tell us?

There is a building and a parking lot.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

How many cars are in the parking lot ?

I only seen a picture of the building and parking lot, nothing more. I hope to visit that facility in the future.

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stay tuned for all kinds of "what's next" this month.

Did you get to see a few potential games you can choose from?

1 week later
#5977 4 years ago

I just played the game and enjoyed it. When I first walked up to it I noticed M and I, in ATOMIC, were not lit in attract mode and carried through my game I played. The staff was quick to jump in and look at their log file.

I am looking forward to their actual launch of their first games. I am a very interested buyer just on seeing and playing this prototype here at the Houston Expo.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because Robert said they didn't need to make prototypes.
So is this really a prototype ? Or production game ?
Is Deeproot at the show and declaring it one or the other ?
LTG : )

Yep, the staff said at the Houston show both were prototypes.

#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a Raza coming

Do you have a potential arrival date already?

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ghostbusters is a zero. I noted that as you can’t put zeros. With that said, JP at 1 is saying its better than Ghostbusters
This means I’ll play JP, not Ghostbusters.
Get it?

You are trolling. Got it.

#6364 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Just look what Haggis did in only a year.

And they used an off the shelf board set. Deeproot will not be.

2 weeks later
#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm getting depressed... I want my money back.

Keep calm. March reveal at Deeproot is around the corner. Are you attending?

1 week later
#6919 4 years ago

Because he stopping paying.

1 week later
#6945 4 years ago

On Wednesday March 25, 2020, deeproot Pinball is hosting a day long launch event starting at 8:55am Central.

4 weeks later
#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

I'm definitely sincere! Deeproot has no track record, aside from the well documented bluster and lies of their empty suit CEO. To their credit, they seem to have hired a lot of really great talent (aside from Jpop), so for that reason I hope they're successful. Maybe their launch event will happen, maybe it will deliver everything they've promised, but traditionally that isn't the case with Deeproot. I'm expecting they'll show the same two prototype machines from the Houston Expo, a slideshow (but no working examples) of their "innovations", and promise a release schedule starting in late 2020 (which will never be met).
I think your Heighway Pinball comparison is appropriate, though. Andrew basically sailed off on a yacht after running that company into the ground, screwing over everyone else in the process. RAZA will probably end up in the same place as Alien- a cool-looking game which is a nightmare to operate and receives zero support once Robert Mueller gets a chance to run away with everyone's money. Assuming it actually gets released, which- it won't.

Worst speculation post, like ever.

2 weeks later
#7371 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They have an full unveiling event the week of Texas Pinball Festival.
https://deeprootpinball.com

I would not expect to see nothing other than RAZA based on the last interview that Robert did with Kaneda.

#7373 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The 5 days of RAZA? What a letdown compared to the earlier expectations that Robert was setting.

He learned the hard way not to announce anything beforehand.

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wait, are you saying you do expect something else besides RAZA or you dont expect to see anything other than RAZA? This double negative is confusing me.

I did not realize how tired I was when I had typed that. Just RAZA is all I expect to be revealed.

Double negatives don't make a positive.

#7381 4 years ago

Gotcha. Well that will be disappointing to say the least. Id like to see a game apiece from each designer. If not, what the hell have they been doing this whole time?

Each designer has 3 games in different levels of design. Robert mentions that in the interview. He mentions generically how far along some are, but not specifically mentioning designer names/games.

Fret not, they will be releasing games throughout the year.

#7382 4 years ago

If not, what the hell have they been doing this whole time?

It does take much longer to build a company from scratch, especially when they are making their own board set.

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer custom options for each design, as well.

Robert said in the last interview some titles will have options/tiers and some titles will not.

#7392 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I personally was rooting for a Deeproot, but I no longer believe a damn thing that Robert says. He reminds me of a fake politician that spins the truth to suit his needs. Deeproot will go nowhere and it has failed before it started like so many before them. The very people working for the company know this and are just happy to milk the cow while they can.

You are in the dark, knight..

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

About deeproot? Aren't we all?

I am strictly talking about his assumptions that the company is going to fold even before the launch that is happening in less than 43 days.

#7462 4 years ago

What did Robert say, in the last Kaneda podcast interview, or write in any public announcement, that makes some of you think that deeproot would be going the route of swappable playfields? I just don't see any evidence.

#7466 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They patented a playfield removal mechanism.

That just looks like something to allow for easy game repair/shop out.

1 week later
#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Flippable games? Or just more artwork of what's to come?

Quoted from wrb1977:

Yes...much more. They are not having their launch event and flying people in to show a “further along prototype of RAZA”.

#7678 4 years ago

24 days

1 week later
#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I feel like Jpop always seems to do something annoying with the shooter lane.

Then you just may not be a JPOP fan. I like the overall feel of his games being different so adding a special skill shot is another plus for me. There is not a real special skill shot on CV, so that is lacking on that game.

Quoted from CLEllison:

holding out to see some real proof of AIW.

Robert already stated, AIW is a 2021 game.

Doubt it will even be a 2021 game. Robert said they are going to turn it into something really special.

#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I doubt they only have RAZA to show.

The launch event is only one day and only RAZA is scheduled. So expect only RAZA.

#7806 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard that.

Have a listen to Kaneda's podcast with Robert from deeproot.

#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow really? Thats shocking. They would fly previous jpop buyers to the show to see RAZA as their only offering? So the 3 days of deeproot is one day and one game?

Doesn't mean they will not give out some sneak peaks on launch day. After listening to what Robert says in the interview on how far along other titles are, that is why I only see RAZA being revealed to the public at this launch.

There are 9 more months in the year to roll out more titles.

#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will the Deeproot reveal and/ or TPF be cancelled due to Corona?

There is a dedicated thread on that and the answer is no cancellation.

#7851 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yeah. Pretty sure nobody knows what refreshments Deeproot will be serving at their reveal.

Root beer.

#7892 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or still do... but I am the most interested in seeing his newest design, not JPop’s. I asked him at TPF last year if working at DR was like working at B/W and he said it was better than working there, they give him way more freedom to do what he wants, and he can’t wait to show it to us.

Did Barry say if it was a licensed or unlicensed theme? I am looking forward to it as well.

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I have to say, this thread gets the Seinfeld award. Almost 8000 posts about nothing. I saw it getting hot and low and behold, it was about Robert being racist now. At this point I never want to see the pins released at risk of this thread dying
Keep it going Deeproot thread about nothing![quoted image]

then exit stage right.

#7944 4 years ago

Barry has an impressive list of unlicensed themed games that are very popular.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/barry-oursler

Seems Dennis was more involved with licensed themes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/dennis-nordman

3 weeks later
#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Robert originally had the hot wheels license, Jon Norris had an amazing layout for this theme. Robert is working on a license that's hotter and harder to get than harry potter that this layout is going to be used for

Sounds like it could turn into the Fast and the Furious.

1 week later
#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is this out or is it in the works. I may have to go in debt

No games have been revealed yet for sale.

1 month later
#8554 3 years ago

Good news is on the way!

#8566 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

...12 weeks since the last update.

Stay tuned....

#8573 3 years ago

Since they are based in Texas, I can't help but want to root for their success. I am looking forward to what all the designers have to offer in these new games they have been working on for 2 to 3 years now.

I enjoyed playing the RAZA prototype at the Houston Arcade and pinball Expo back in November. It will be nice having new games revealed at this show.

Unleash the games!!

#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not to take from that but that's not the reason you wrote what you did, was it?

Not just looking forward to the reveals, but actually wanting to support the company by purchasing one game this year, which is all I am able to afford to buy NIB every 2-3 years. I am not just going to jump and purchase the first title out the game, unless it really appeals to me in all aspects. More games they reveal, more chances for Deeproot to get my money over the other companies.

I almost sent in my AIW deposit to JPOP years ago before things started to flop. It was a close call. I was just waiting to see the potential playfield layout and to my knowledge, that did not happen at that time.

Keep the faith, just as I am. JJP took 3 years to get WOZ out and I never expected Deeproot would had been able to do any better starting a company from scratch.

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am also hoping they pull off something great. I was hoping Stranger Things would have been my first NIB, but it was just another Stern, which is not my cup of tea. I am at least gonna wait to see what comes out of Deeproot at this point.

No harm in waiting, especially if you are still considering any NIB Stern. Might as well let the code progress more before purchasing.

#8583 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok, just listened to TPN Podcast and it seems Deeproot is not giving in but ramping up...

See? Stay tuned!!

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok. Hopeful again.
Buuut, I want to see them play their cards until July 1st!
(Germany is dropping it's sales tax there for 5 months as an economy "stimulus" and I would want to buy a BKSoR if there's nothing of interrest on the horizon for me. )

I guess that would depend on how many games they reveal before the end of July. Good luck on your decision.

1 week later
#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Website updated!
https://deeprootpinball.com/
So I start my "count-up" over.

See....you have to have faith.

#8649 3 years ago

Faith in Deeproot, thats roll over funny.
Cue the George Michael song.....

Such a hilarious post, just like many others.

#8657 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Any word for those of you approaching the June 2020 deadline for delivery of your games?

Hopefully they have been contacted and Deeproot is waiting for all the replies before posting an update July 1.

#8661 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No contact to me re the agreement and upcoming deadline.

I hope you get contacted within 8 days.

#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just hope they can get it together and launch some games soon

I am ready for the launch.

1 week later
#8714 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

We've already had a 3-4 month delay due to COVID. This is another 3-4 month delay on top of the original 3-4 month delay. They were initially supposed to start production in April (Same as AP). Somehow American, Spooky, Dutch, and CGC are all able to overcome global supply chain issues and produce games, yet Deeproot can't. JJP is moving and setting up a new factory half way across the Country and will also likely beat DR to the punch.

Why are you worried? Do you have preorder money sent in?

#8717 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm not worried. I just think it's time for Deeproot to shit or get off the pot. Aren't they the company that boasted that they would ship more games than Stern in 2019? I just want to see them start backing up some of their bluster. Honestly, if they would have taken a more humble approach instead of denigrating the other Pinball Companies in the process I would be more forgiving.

I hear that. On top of that, I hate to see them rush out games and then scramble to resolve major issues on games they had shipped.

I looked passed those bold statements long ago, especially since JJP took 3 years to get WOZ out the door originally.

I plan to purchase a game and I sure would like to see the first few games go out with very few minor issues.

#8719 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I did not get this and I'm on their email list. Can you post the exact wording?

Zidware vapor owners received the email. I am sure something more public comes after all the owners have been contacted and a new resolution has been met for each one.

1 week later
#8742 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Someone told me it‘s only days away..

I am wondering if that would be for the people who are owed games, not necessarily a full public reveal.

1 week later
#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I took the deal DR because i wanted to support pinball and their efforts to bring more of it to the hobby.
I also decided i had to take some personal responsibility for making a terrible decision in supporting the JPOP follies during those "noodling" years of nothingness.
No matter how it turns out i made the right decision for myself all the way around. I'm still in a great position here barring some sort of bankruptcy filing.
Even still, as poor as the execution has been by the management team at DR, its hard to fathom that you could blow that much money and pinball talent and end up producing nothing for actual sale.
Bottom line, i'll be made whole, along with others, via that contract signed with DR, in September, one way or the other.

I rather see you get machine(s) that you are owed, as I am wanting to support a new Texas pinball company with a NIB purchase.

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Alice in Wonderland cartoon is a disney property. This is not a disney AIW that is in progress (supposedly). All I've seen is a black and white drawing from years ago, hope they got further than that.

Did the drawing look anything like this?

#8993 3 years ago

New FB page is up. https://www.facebook.com/deeprootpinball

#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Didn't say what year

That really is hilarious. <Very heavy sarcasm>

#8997 3 years ago

Apparently, Dennis has 2 in the pipe before he left the company. Looking forward to seeing what those are. I recall him saying this was his chance to do his dream theme.

1 week later
#9092 3 years ago

Looks like 9 days to go until they turn on the spotlight.
Screenshot_20200827-231634_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200827-231634_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#9106 3 years ago

Seems it is just referring to the "9 days of deeproot" slogan?

#9137 3 years ago

Imagine if you will, a triangle if you connect the three dots. Symbol of?

Looks like in the blown up picture, a dog, horse, a planet, or just horetshit?

Screenshot_20200830-092003_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-092003_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-184108_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-184108_Messages (resized).jpg
#9163 3 years ago

This is still a Deeproot thread. I dont care about history from any other manufacturer. Can't we move on already from this?

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Yes your right sorry, but there is nothing to move on at the moment.

Plenty. Whose games are you most interested in.. Barry Oursler, Dennis Nordman, JPOP?

Dennis has 2 unlicensed titles. I hadn't heard much about Barry's games whether any of them would be licensed. JPOP has MG, RAZA, AIW in process as well as 2 others that Robert mentioned one of these is licensed.

#9192 3 years ago

Robert talked about some Deeproot titles only having one version and other an LE and lower model(s).

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I don't remember, but did DR ever discuss different models?

Well, yeah. I posted about it.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Robert talked about some Deeproot titles only having one version and other an LE and lower model(s).

#9346 3 years ago

I agree it being Ned.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd be excited if it weren't for that piece of dung Jpoop.

Be excited for there is more than just JPOP working there. Dennis had 2 themes in the works before leaving and sounds like Barry has 5 themes in the works.

#9368 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And Dennis left Heighway before they crashed and burned. Its a sign.

And he did Lexi Lightspeed for P3. How many games did he do for Stern? Neither one of those companies crashed and burned. You cannot compare Heighway to any other company except for Those Boys in Grandma's Basement who did manage to do a few Predator prototypes.

Dennis also left JJP before WOZ was finished. JJP is still around as well.

#9369 3 years ago

B.d. = Birth day

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Before Deeproot

What seem logical with deeproot, isn't always.

#9457 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Isn’t the fist from the video / game - guy with antennas on his head?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes

#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Noone wants to spend 20k on pinball in 1 month.

Some do. Many more than you know.

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Magic Girl was no where near ready to go as most of the mechs didn't work/weren't even in the game.

Correct. Robert said in the Kaneda podcast months ago, MG is a 2021 game at the earliest, along with AIW.

#9566 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Deeproot"ed" thought was that their ace in the hole is going to be a major bomb drop of several machines upon release. But according to some only RAZA and MG next year.

I only commented as RAZA at launch and AIW and MG at the earliest would be 2021 per Robert's comment on Kaneda's podcast from 8 months ago.

#9580 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

...while they watch all their potential customers buying Avengers instead...

I am not a buyer of it anyway, just as sure as many others are not.

I await Deeproot to reveal since I can only afford maybe one NIB every 3 years, so I need to find the right game for me.

#9582 3 years ago

In 7 days, I hope when we find out how soon RAZA will be shipping. I sure hope some are already boxed up.

#9602 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

3 cornerstones a year. Rest don’t count.

Why not? Stern is still the one who builds the contract games.

#9858 3 years ago

I am only expecting 250, 500, or 750 RAZA games. Robert already stated 8 months ago and that it will be limited. Since it will be limited, I expect 10k price.

#9862 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

supposed to be announced again?

Tomorrow 9/21 CST.

#9865 3 years ago

Yes. CST because Deeproot is in Texas, not Norway, Australia, nor any where else where it will be 9/21 before it is in Texas.

Time of the day was never mentioned.

#9868 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So is the rumor still 3 titles tomorrow one being licensed theme and ready to ship by 10/5?
Should be interesting if this happens.

Wishful thinking is not a rumor.

Go back to Robert's interview from 8 months ago. He only states RAZA for the reveal. If another game title is even announced, I would be surprised.

I really do not think another game will be announced until at least half of the RAZA production has been boxed up.

#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We all know where TX is. Just saying.

Guess you hadn't been reading all the comments like I have. You cannot always tell who is joking, or who really is serious about their comments or whether everyone is aware deeproot Pinball is even in Texas.

#9898 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?

Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Yes!

According to the last interview with Robert 8 months ago, JPOP is also working on another original theme and a licensed theme.

#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Didnt hear that

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

According to the last interview with Robert 8 months ago,

That re-aired interview was on Kaneda's pinball podcast. Did you listen to it?
Start at 55:00.

#9922 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

My memory fails me but there is/was a foreign pinball manufacturer that made components of the playfield modular. I really think that was such a brilliant idea specifically for the OPs. No more wasting time on site trying to troubleshoot or repair. Remove a couple nuts and disconnect a plug and boom the whole assembly comes out. Aesthetically it's less pleasing but none the less I think it's brilliant. I hope DR has kept the OP's first and foremost in their design.

I never heard of deeproot talking about this. What you describe is the modular assemblies in Heighway Pinball games.

#9946 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hopefully it's meaningfully cheaper than a Stern pro.

What if Kaneda just made most of that up to stir up some things?

#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Where is that posted?

youtube. Just click it

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from slghokie:

Stream aside...the teaser appears to state 9/21. And TWIP posted this today 9/21: "TWIP will have a comprehensive overview and deep dive regarding deeproot Pinball’s launch later today.
We also plan to include an interview with Robert Mueller. Keep any eye out for the post later today!" So something had to be planned for today.
Seems like deeproot need to get something out before the day is over. To delay due to a fake countdown and to counter your own teaser seems very short sighted. If the plan was for today sometime they need to make that happen.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-launching-jjp-6-coming-in-october-keith-elwin-interview-and-smoking-topper-twip-9-21-20/

#10692 3 years ago

You are just joining us? That was posted 14 pages ago.

#10696 3 years ago

I do hope RAZA eventually gets released.

#10710 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So I guess there is no warehouse full of games ready to ship.

images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Where in the world did you come up with this???

He is always making up all kinds of stuff.

#11842 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When I read that they have a full blown PC inside as well as a second power supply I don‘t see how they want to undercut Stern Pro pricing.

Probably was comparing to a Stern Premium, not a pro. Was "pro" a word Robert actually used? I think he just stated "cheaper than a Stern".

#11915 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Did I miss something....

Not yet.

#12481 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I've always tried to be positive about them but after their latest debacle , I just don't care anymore .

And yet, you are still in this thread.

1 month later
#13191 3 years ago

Maybe some news coming soon. I sure hope that we see a picture of the factory building the arcade style of RAZA.

#13203 3 years ago
#13209 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite part of this field test is where the testers are expected to drop coin on beta testing this product

Says quite clearly that RAZA will be on free play.

#13212 3 years ago

I am willing to bet the arcade style cabinet version will not have a Pinbar, just as it was at the HAAG show in 2019.

#13220 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What exactly is an 'arcade style cabinet' ?

WPC style cabinet without a Pinbar. This is what was at HAAG 2019.

#13224 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Arcade edition will have the Pinbar. But yeah, WPC cabinet.

Not from the based on the podcast(s) in the past. You are basing that on TWIP article?

#13227 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes. The TWIP article was very clear that the Pinbar would be on all models, including the Arcade edition (as well as the fancy lift glass). The game software relies too much on it to not have it. Not saying it's a good choice, but that's their choice unless they've spent the last two months figuring out how to make a model without it.
I think it'd be somehow even more troubling if it showed up without the Pinbar.

I don't see how. Many played the non-Pinbar version a year ago in Houston. I can completely live without a Pinbar.

#13229 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wasn't the Houston thing just a barely flipping game though? Like hardly any rules and such to it.

It was a prototype. So until the reveal tomorrow, no reason in a whole year the couldn't have expanded on the game play since then. That was my only point.

#13231 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well yeah, they have expanded on the game play...and it's centered around interacting with the Pinbar at key moments for gameplay and narrative reasons.

Stern has pro games without an action button and premium with one along with other features the pro doesn't and the code works around what mechs and action button are in/out of the game. So it is not impossible to work around it in software.

#13235 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Is there any streaming video or else? I mean is this something like a 2nd reveal?

You probably will not want to see a comparison of the prototype from a year ago vs tomorrow's final production model. Hopefully, a real online stream will happen tomorrow.

#13238 3 years ago
#13248 3 years ago

Bars are open in Texas. No one is being forced to go to this.

#13252 3 years ago

But going to play a prototype pinball machine

But a prototype it is not.

Full disclosure; i also felt going to protest or attend political rallies in a pandemic was dumb to.
No one should risk there life to play a pinball machine. Especially this deepshit fiasco.
Good luck, stay safe.

I don't see how it is any more dangerous going to a restaurant, going to work or school, going to the grocery store or home improvement store, or even to get gas for your vehicle. Everywhere you go, you will be touching something that someone else has. Anyhow, there is a Covid thread for this already to make your thoughts known.

#13255 3 years ago

Streaming will be on twitch.tv/Fliptronic at 6pm tomorrow San Antonio, Texas time.

#13256 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all nonsense of course.
There are prototypes. There are production games. It’s simple as that. Ask anybody in the industry.
If these are “production games,” then the game is in production. Does anybody actually believe that?

Even JJP did a small production run before running many of their titles. It is supposed to work out any issues, parts/tools/labor time, at any station to help the line move in an equal pace so one person doesn't get several staked up and then cause a bottleneck to the rest of the production line.

Same thing happens at my work and I'm in the seismic equipment industry.

#13258 3 years ago

Yes! 6pm today! I took that from Facebook, which happened to be a post from yesterday. Thanks!

#13261 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those were “prototypes.”
It’s a thing.

Prototypes definitely were at the HAAG show 2019, no doubt. Totally agree.

#13262 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So..... will the leg levelers on the front be extended tomorrow? Curious minds want to know.

Today, 6pm. Guess we'll see.

#13264 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it didn’t roll off a production line, it’s a prototype.
Deep root has their production line going?

I would hope they talk about it since they are supposed to be shipping games to the goodwill people before end of the year.

#13274 3 years ago

I call BS on a NDA.

#13279 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Yeah, that was hilarious!!

#13322 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

How do I watch the stream now that it's over?

May not be available to watch until tomorrow

#13348 3 years ago

The RAZA stream is now archived and available. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/811329223

#13362 3 years ago

JPOP, time to finish this one up! According to Robert, this is to be a 2021 game.

AIW (resized).pngAIW (resized).png
#13410 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

That was the biggest train wreck I have ever tried to watch! I just couldn’t watch it, I fast forwarded several times hoping it would get better, but it did not. Deeproot continues to look amateurish with everything they do. There is no way they produce this game! The only thing I got out of that stream was they need more investor money. On a positive note, they fixed the ramp shot, but unfortunately that is the only interesting element related to game play and it cannot save this game........The layout is boring and uninspiring. So much time, energy and money spent on things that have nothing to do with game play. I wouldn’t touch this game with a ten foot pole. So sad as I really wanted them to succeed.

How many times have you played it?

#13737 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The topper could be a microwave.

to make popcorn?

popcorn (resized).pngpopcorn (resized).png

4 weeks later
#14916 3 years ago

These look like to me to be the neon rings as shown in TWIP article. I think you would want to confirm that with deeproot.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/retro-atomic-zombie-adventureland-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

1 week later
#15099 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yeah because everything that has come out of RM's mouth has been 100% accurate

Always subject to change.

#15308 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are any of the RAZAs, avail to play on location in NYC yet?

Are any Aliens?

3 weeks later
#15570 3 years ago

I think they will round up and make a total of 500 mixture of Arcade/Xtra editions of RAZA pins.

#15572 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

You sound like a half glass full kind of person. I'd say that's pretty damn optimistic myself. So between us maybe they land at 200ish.

I'm half glass kinda of person saying 500 will be built? You must be using that new math to come up with 200.

#15574 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Lol not a chance.

Somewhere deeproot stated no more than 300 Xtra edition will be built. I bet that full amount will get made.

#15581 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

RAZA’s will begin leaving the factory as soon as tomorrow people!!!!! RM said 4-6 weeks from end of order (during pinball news interview) - so excited!

That still sounds only like an estimate. In the other thread someone mentioned preorder people will be updated early next week.

#15585 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also aren't you supposed to get a call right before your order is built to confirm everything?

2 weeks ahead of time was mentioned. Seems that be when the game is about the hit the production line. I ordered the night before the order date ended and only put a deposit down, so my wait will be longer.

#15593 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

No, not overly fuzzy.. I took your 500 against my haf empty glass of 100, and then I weighted my half empty glass a bit more based on everything that has gone down so far with DR with empty promises and blown timelines, mouthing off and then going back on what was said.. etc... and I landed at 200.
Based on what the update above, looks like this was not far off at all. 160..

I rather it be a rare vs. a super rare game, which is why I was pulling for 500.

#15635 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

People keep saying this.. but only 1/2 this statement is for certain. It will not hold value if it’s no fun to play or is full of bugs that never get fixed, etc. it’s not a bad gamble, but simply stating it will hold its value because of rarity doesn’t make it true

Explain why Magic Girl keeps reselling well above 15k.

#15639 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Explain why Cosmic Carnival doesn’t.

Because it is such an awesome game.

4 weeks later
#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

I laughed at the pre-order guy who said he was glad it was being delayed because it gives him more time to finish to finish his current projects... Some serious Stockholm Syndrome in that thread

And it does give me that time. I'm out of room, even having 8 games on loan. What's your point? To make fun of everyone there? Thanks for your support.

#16133 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

You also said "Why are you even visiting that thread? Drain it, or just stop visiting it." And here you are.... Pants on fire. All I hear are excuses. Enjoy not playing your game.

I did tell that to another preorder guy. Damn right I did. Trying to calm someone who is nervous about his order from all the crap that is slung around in here.

#16163 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

We’ve been there ourselves. The hope and optimism. Worked out one out of 4 times for me. That was 2013 JJP WOZECLE showed up. 3 year wait.

Yep. Glad it all worked out for you. I was on WOZECLE as well.

3 months later
#18965 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So what's the latest on Muller's adventures in pinball is easy wonderland ?

His new slogan is "Pinball is hard!"

8 months later
#28849 2 years ago
Octo Manufacturing (resized).pngOcto Manufacturing (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.