View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

ForceFlow there isn’t going to be a prototype lol. Prototypes are for the rest of the looser companies.

The tighter companies had prototypes too.

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#549 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anytime I see a company that is talking about multiple titles and big future before one prototype is even playable, I'm a little skeptical.

No reason to be skeptical, wasn't it posted they won't be doing prototypes ?

3 weeks later
#678 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

You hit a pothole on accident, I assume. In your control, mostly.

Wouldn't car insurance cover it ? Comprehensive ? Minus deductible.

3 months later
#876 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

oh man what the heck now?!

Heck's Bible Stories pin ?

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I got 4 games for the guys to show them what not to do in pinball. One of them was GB.

A game that sold more than Stern figured and slowed down future games coming out after it.

Can't wait to see what you guys build that is going to be so amazing that GB is not what to do.

#918 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I have high hopes for DR.

I have high hopes for you David ! I hope this all works out for you.

#966 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

DR never said they'd have a $50k game.

Didn't they mention Alice In Wonderland and at least one model for $50K ?

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Also, DR never said they'd have a $50k game.

https://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-deeproot-pinballs-high-end-theme-revealed-scott-danesi-talks-new-game-todd-tuckey-pinball-books-more/

And post 866 in this thread.

Not positive this is from DR.

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

then you can very likely expect them to come with major drawbacks.

Like not hold screws and posts good like on the Bally plastic playfields ?

#1010 5 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Anyone else curious, if they're releasing several titles at once, and only one is good, how that will affect sales of the others. Sure hope they have something decent lined up.

That could be a problem the other direction. Say they release three games. All at the same time. What if all three are great games ? What if you have to choose one ?

Sure will be interesting. I hope what ever they unveil is great.

3 weeks later
#1112 5 years ago

A nice interview. I wish them every success.

I look forward to seeing their games when the five days of Deep Root starts. And especially if I can get a look under the hood in case I ever help somebody with a tech question.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Big plans, big load, seen it before.

That is a problem. Gene got it done. ( BBB ) JJP got it done. And people may have gotten complacent and thinking anyone could do it. Then we've seen some notable failures. So the pendulum has swung way the other way. People aren't so quick to believe.

Since they aren't asking for up front money. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens as things progress. A couple of recent hires have faith in what is going on. Another positive sign. So soon enough we shall see.

TPF isn't that far away. Doesn't cost us anything to watch what happens once the days of Deeproot starts. Wish them well and hope the best for pinball.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps. But as stated on their website, they may be getting their money from investors just the same.

Perhaps I could have worded it better.

They aren't in here begging for huge deposits on future games if you want one.

1 week later
#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Take Capcom for example. They just charged into pinball production while it was booming in the mid 90s.

More like Capcom charged in when pinball production was on the roller coaster to hell. By the mid 90s pinball was in serious decline. Sales dropping, production dropping, factories closing or would soon.

2 weeks later
#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why does everyone want to see Dennis Nordman's tits?

Next time you see him, give him a big hug. You'll understand why.

Of course you'll need a stool to stand on.

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Heh heh heh heh heh...you said stool...

Yes. Careless of me.

I also forgot Mr68 has probably only seen Dennis' belt buckle.

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

What exactly was he doing if Dennis's belt buckle was at eye level?

Mr68 is short. Dennis is tall.

Mr68 wasn't doing anything.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I don't think u got the hidden meaning.

Yeah, right.

1 week later
#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

But in March 2019 we should see more than one completed title from them, right? That's only seven months away!

I hope it works out for them.

If it don't, you'll see the biggest ever crap storm on Pinside. The mods won't be able to keep up.

1 month later
#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

pinside abhors a vacuum....

It's a Dyson or a Kirby !

1 month later
#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I’ve been very clear. Pinball is Easy because there are no excuses for failing to deliver value, quality, and quantity. But everything that goes into making pinball is definitely (not for the faint of heart) complex.

And no testing or prototypes are needed.

I wish they'd show something at TPF.

#1949 5 years ago

I just hope they are successful, in spite of any delay.

That would be way better for pinball, than if they aren't.

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would it? they haven't taken any consumer money, and they're paying salaries of pinball people in the meantime. If they fail and fold up before taking money OUT of the hobby, I'm not sure it makes any difference at all.

Worst case scenario. They don't get anything out the door.

No consumer money lost.

But many of the people working there, could have been working on pinball projects at other manufacturers. We lose a lot of talent that would have been better used on other things.

Disclaimer : I hope Deep Root is successful.

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Could it be possible that they are trolling all of us (or throwing us off the scent) & then surprise us all with machines at TPF?

No. More like announce now so people forget about the big reveal in three months.

If they waited until the show, all heck would break loose.

This way they can regroup and make a better estimate of the when and where and what.

2 weeks later
#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What outside assistance did Gene have? He hired everyone who worked on that project, no?

I believe there were four different groups who one at a time had problems with them and Gene or Gene and them. There were some locals who volunteered free labor. And Kerry Stair ( Mantis Amusements - great pinball weldments and protectors, etc. ) who came in to build a game or two and found out he was completing them.

I never got paid. Not even a free part. There was hardly a day that they didn't email me for info or pictures.

Gene got it done. Take nothing away from him. And he lost a lot of money doing it. He did have help along the way, paid or not.

1 month later
#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

The TPF schedule has been released and no Deeproot panel at all. I find it fishy that these guys live down the road and they're not scheduled to do a "meet the crew" seminar like they did at Expo.

According to a post on Pinside, they are still supporting the TPF show. Which I would think means sponsor or something, they aren't stopping that.

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

who’s in for a nature or animal themed pin - maybe woodchucks ?

Armadillos, Texas speed bumps.

3 weeks later
#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

but there's always collateral damage.

Like the people working for Deeproot whose efforts/labor will be lost if games aren't built. And their efforts during that time that could have been in games built during this period by other manufacturers.

This is the reason I really hope Deeproot is successful so talent isn't lost.

1 month later
#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Deeproot will be number 1 in pinball soon enough.

Can't wait. All they have to do is make thousands of games, that people like and buy.

Since all the other manufacturers are taking notice and closing, I best hit deeproot for a tech support job soon or I'll be out of work.

P.S. When is this going to actually happen ?

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Google Zingy Bingy, you'll see how weird a game without a backbox looks (not going to post here for obvious reasons)

Backbox for Zingy Bingy is missing. No idea where. It definitely had one. Capcom art department spent $30K on two figures for it.

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Google Zingy Bingy, you'll see how weird a game without a backbox looks

I'm sorry. I should have added that the existing pictures of Zingy Bingy clearly show what a pinball machine looks like without a backbox.

No pictures exist of it's backbox.

#2898 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And here is a company standing completely on their own feet delivering these, getting shat on for this.

They haven't delivered any games yet. Hence the shat.

Once they do, the shat will decrease.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If a large tech driven company bothered to do anything in the realm of Pinball they would squash every company like an elephant on an ant.

If they bring games to market that people want to play and buy.

History has shown that leaps in technology/product aren't always successful. Quadraphonic didn't set the world on fire 30 years ago. The Edsel wasn't popular. Apple's Newton Message Pad.

#2985 5 years ago

Jpop gets so much hatred.

People tend to reap what they sow.

Not cool he tried so hard.

Playing arts and crafts ?

He’s also a good faithful family man.

You really need to read the threads when things were coming apart and people started legal proceedings. The word "good" doesn't come to mind with what was going on.

#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can't wait to see the arguing really blow up in this thread once something actually happens.

I hope not.

I hope Deeproot gets their game or games out, and I hope it's all we hope for.

That would be great for pinball, great for Pinside.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wait. Does this mean I'm not one of the cool kids?

You are. And will always be. The essence of cool.

1 week later
#3326 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

A statement will also be made as to the launch date of deeproot. A date we’ve spent a lot of time ensuring will be met this time.

Looking forward to that and best wishes !

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Game was considered a dog at the time.

I had one in my business in the early 2000's. Still a dog. Beautiful machine limping along at a buck or two a week. Not sad to see it go.

2 weeks later
#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like the kind of flattery that I can put in the bank.

At least he didn't charge you for using you or your likeness. Not to forget you and him delivering or setting up games.

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today,

Thank God we have all this outdated and uninspired crap to play until your games come out.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's 8-10 pins right there just waiting for deeproot to do something besides talk.

But those 8-10 pins will be nothing but unorganized grab-ass-tic pieces of amphibian shit!

Full Metal Jacket quotes sound better than outdated and uninspired.

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...

— Robert dT

I sincerely apologize. I thought you were building pinball machines for operators and collectors to buy and play.

I didn't know you were doing all of this just for you.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is anyone other then Josh still posting here?

Ferret, Barry, Keith, Gerry, Charlie, maybe a few others I'm missing.

Of course they usually post when they have something to say that helps with their own games or company. Not ragging on other manufacturers or games.

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

we can definitely use another quality Pin manufacturer in the mix

Do you think there will ever be one ?

#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Stern sunk. They were bailed out.

That isn't quite accurate.

Gary kept the doors open in the worst decade in coin op ever. Look at the year the investor came in. And the games Stern made leading up to it. They were rolling, the investor made things bigger, better, faster.

#3632 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

hand out FREE SHIT.

Darn.

I'm here for the free shit.

LTG : (

2 weeks later
#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

what do you think about deeproot by what you’ve heard so far?"

I'll always think of comments like this, "outdated and uninspired". Trampling on the companies and people who actually made the pinball machines we love, enjoy, and can play.

Thankfully my arcade will continue into the future without ever having a deeproot game in it.

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I see John but cannot read the last name

John K Manueian or John K Manuelan

2 weeks later
#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm waiting for LTG to respond.... (:

Quoted from Extraballz:

I think manufacturers can achieve 90;s B/W quality/reliability

HaHaHaHa.

Most people here never uncrated a NIB Williams pin from their DMD era, or even before or after.

I have.

Why would you want Jersey Jack Pinball, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, to lower their standards and match the problems and issues of a by gone era ?

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I just mailed back my "modified" agreement for 2 DeepRoot machines.

Do you know what games you'll get ?

I hope they are amazing and please you.

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What is your experience Llyod?

Unboxing Gottlieb, early solid state Stern, Bally, Williams. I've probably opened in excess of 150 pinball machines. The Williams DMD era it seemed each pin had a few days tweaking to get things right and working. Occasionally missing parts, etc. Usually minor inconvenience, only a couple dead in the water. Not counting a prototype Jackbot that probably got used for test, crated and shipped, more likely a mix up at the factory.

I don't have experience with Stern SPIKE games. Stern Whitestar and SAM games had the 90's Williams beat on out of the box quality. No experience on Multimorphic, Spooky, American Pinball, Heighway or Dutch.

For me Jersey Jack Pinball and PPS/CGC games out of the box has been excellent. Since I usually get early JJP games, a few had updates. Hobbit ball trap guard for in front of pop up characters, Pirates a change on Black Pearl pivot brackets. Bear in mind I work for both companies, so take what I post with a grain of salt.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I and many others will be made whole

That is what I hope for. You and the others get great games for your money and for your wait.

#4110 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Hang tough iceman.

Lots of hopes for Iceman. Hope he returns. Hope he gets his Deeproot game(s). I hope they are great and he enjoys them.

2 weeks later
#4231 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm sporting wood over the new Jurassic Park2 release and it looks like Stern has earned my business back

Got that right. Keith Elwin design. Game play looks fast. After Iron Maiden I wondered if Keith had another great game in him. And it looks like he knocked another one out of the park.

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Pun intended?

Wasn't intended.

Is cute.

Thank you for pointing that out.

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Deeproot was so adamant and arrogant a year ago

That is what did it for me, and the comment "outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today".

I don't wish them anything bad. I hope they are very successful and build great games. What ever they build won't be for me.

2 weeks later
#4497 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Saw this today. Thoughts?

Hard to say. What does the rest of the game look like ?

Art work like that looks great. I hope the game is great too.

2 months later
#5323 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Especially since AP had TWO games almost complete by this same time frame

And the 10 Magic Girl games they initially built.

#5352 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, as long as everything comes together tonight as planned (knock on wood), This Week in Pinball will be sharing images of the Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland prototype machine tomorrow morning on TWIP.

I hope it does, and is close to production, for Deeproot and customers.

This thread will explode tomorrow.

#5493 4 years ago

Looks amazing. A lot better than I thought it would be.

Congratulations Deeproot on a great start.

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

A lot of these responses are the reason why Robert (wisely) doesn't post here.

He may have brought some of it on himself.

#6065 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

You can trash Jpop all you want...the guy was a terrible CEO but he's made some really good pinball machines.

And these guys had to finish many of them. There is a Steve Ritchie article in an Australian pinball magazine around 1999 that goes into detail.

Quoted from Chicoman:

..Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Barry Oursler, Dennis Nordman and many others

#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The game is a prototype. Why can't so many of you understand this?

Because Robert said they didn't need to make prototypes.

So is this really a prototype ? Or production game ?

Is Deeproot at the show and declaring it one or the other ?

#6165 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yep, the staff said at the Houston show both were prototypes.

Thank you !

#6399 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody up for a HossLE?

In the bunny suit throwing eggs instead of bullets ?

I'm in.

#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

I may be in the minority here but I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how this pans out into a complete game...

No. There are people here who hope they are successful.

#6573 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am an admitted member of the Pinside “sewer”

We need a cool embroidered patch to wear at pinball events to show our membership. Like the biker gangs 1% patch.

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I thought I heard RM put the word out for anyone in the business of making pinball, that he would be happy to talk about "sharing" his "inovations", or even contract manufacturing?

I believe it meant manufacturing process as well as innovations in the games too. They were working on better ways to do a lot of things.

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Several years ago, a rookie manufacturing company called Jersey Jack came out with their first prototype, a machine called Wizard of Oz.
Pinside went hysterical about weak flippers and it was the end of the world.
Déjà fucking vu

I believe this phenomena started with WOZ. First prototypes at a show. You could only play two balls a game. Flippers were weak. People were told this. They would be adjustable. JJP just wanted to show what they were working on.

This set in motion every F'ing new game unveiled at any show. People feel obligated to say something. You ask them, "How did you like it?". Canned response is always "The flippers seemed weak". Whether they are or not.

1 week later
#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the feeling I get every time I check back on this thread.

My stalking o-din app alerts me and that is what makes me check back on this thread.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I found RM's comments about losing enthusiasm for pinball peculiar when they haven't shipped a single title.

Maybe realizing it isn't easy to build pinball machines. And all that has gone on good and bad. May be wearing on him.

The view going in is always different than the view once you are there.

Hopefully he perks up once things start rolling.

1 week later
#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The list of who qualifies lists the usual assortment of pinheads,

Well I'm definitely an "Other".

Don't understand why I didn't get my invitation yet ?

Must be delayed in the holiday mail.

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Stern would certainly have to be more uncomfortable than they have been in more than a decade,

I doubt it.

Stern will keep doing what Stern does. Building pinball machines.

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder what the response would have been had deeproot revealed a "mixed reality" system like the Stranger Things projector.

Mixed.

1 week later
#7062 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Meanwhile MOST of the reason Rick & Morty flew off the shelves is because of Scott.

Charlie too. Charlie would climb mountains to get stuff done. He doesn't have time for bravado. He just keeps getting machines built and out the door.

#7201 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So..

I've been offered 2 machines for the money I lost with Zidware.
Never been asked to pay a dime at this point.
Got offered airfare, accommodations and passes to the TPF.

Not a bad deal so far.

Congratulations. I hope you have a safe trip. Lots of fun on the trip. And get two great games !

3 weeks later
#7359 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

David Thiel is working at Deeproot

Just got off my Alien. He is a HUGE asset

Yes he is. Great guy too.

The party coming up at Deeproot is going to be exciting. That is for sure.

I hope parts of it can be posted after the fact.

1 week later
#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I love how this company could potentially be one of the biggest things to happen to pinball, yet this thread is dead.

This thread maybe did more harm than good. For them, pinball, and Pinside.

Maybe they'll wait until TPF and let things sort themselves out afterwards.

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Do you think the launch will happen in 42 days as scheduled?

Looks like it will.

#7504 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Aren't you supposed to bring a prototype to an arcade to see if people will drop quarters in them (and therefore use that to predict success)? At a convention they're free to play and people will even line up even to play a crap game.

That can be a huge difference.

I've seen it in my arcade. Video games and pinball. What people will actually put money in can be quite a surprise. And what they won't, even bigger.

And with the rising cost of new pins. Many people will play it at a show. Because they know they may not get the chance otherwise. In a collection or on location. So a line of people waiting to play at a show can be deceiving.

#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

We are very grateful for this offer,

Glad you get to go. Hope you have a great time at TPF and Deep Root !

#7517 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

have the time and financial resources to do it “right” and really change the industry in a positive way.

I hope so. It remains to be seen. We'll know more soon.

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Care to elaborate?

Since the company is making things right with him, and invited him to the VIP party. He has good reason to have faith in them.

1 week later
#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think we're all going to be pleasantly surprised.

I hope so. Especially for the people going to the private party, and also TPF.

#7673 4 years ago

935 ( days to the SS Billiards 50th Anniversary party. The Golden Goose )

#7677 4 years ago

The Stern 24 thread will appreciate that info.

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

only to get an email stating only for Media...

I'm in. Time to bring back Talk Pinball !

#7714 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They have made it pretty clear they Will be at TPF

And they are doubling the best in show prizes according to the TPF website.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/ Scroll down a ways.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Anyway, when was it DR was supposed to have all the guests over for the big reveal at their headquarters?

Wednesday March 25th.

https://deeprootpinball.com/

See you there.

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are you....IN?!?!?!?

No.

Just havin a little fun.

I do know people that are going. I hope they have a great time. Parts of it will be streamed to public on delayed broadcast. And as I recall those in attendance may have to sign NDA's, so they'll get some insights others won't.

Deeproot's event. Their rules. No problem there. Especially in their building. I look forward to their display at TPF.

A great time for all.

#7778 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey, for the record as much as my wife loves you I was unable to convince her to let you be my Plus One. Even after I told her you would wear the blond wig. Sorry...

Drat. I hate when that happens.

Quoted from iceman44:

Very disappointed that you aren't making the travel squad Lloyd.

I am glad many of my friends get the opportunity. Might be the event of the century.

Have fun guys !

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

From reading that article it sounds like they are going from launching with 4 or 5 titles ready to ship to just one?? That won’t even be ready to ship??? And we have already seen it!!!

They probably ran smack into the reality of making pinball machines. One thing out of their control can gum up the works.

I'm sure they are fast at it. To get things done. And get games going.

I know some of the people working there. And I'm sure they are as excited to get things rolling as we are.

Give them time if they need it.

#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

that they should have hired a professional catering team

Anybody that is going. Can you grab a doggie bag. So we can see what the appetizers were.

#7878 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if TPF is cancelled over virus concerns, will DR even hold their on-site reveal?

No idea what will happen.

I do feel sorry for any manufacturer gearing up for a reveal at TPF and having it fall apart.

Hopefully things can get rescheduled and move forward. And not have a negative impact on any manufacturers future.

Best wishes to these companies in these trying times.

2 weeks later
#8055 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody take bets on what date Deeproot announces they are closing shop for good?

No. They've made it this far. A little farther won't hurt.

I don't wish anything bad for anybody or any manufacturer in these trying times.

1 week later
#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The truth is out there....

The internet is written in ink. Not pencil. Even deleted stuff can often be found if you are good at digging.

#8179 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Because it could have been an April fools joke?

Maybe violated someones NDA ?

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

they were talking about the activities at deeproot studios and their actions involving layoffs after they left.

And we don't know everything. Consolidating their operations into one state isn't unheard of in any industry. Especially if they are ramping up for production.

Time will tell.

#8193 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well I have a few issues with that...

I understand. But things change. And right now we don't know if it's decisions made, or problems involving money.

And they have a history of bragging. Then reality sets in when accomplishing goals.

Right now, I just wish every manufacturer success in these crazy days ahead.

#8223 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

for Deeproot, it wasn't a good sign when Nordman left Heighway but maybe he just doesn't get along with others?

He's bounced around a lot of companies. Maybe he just likes to wander from job to job.

#8226 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

i think he's stealing tools!

Maybe art supplies for his faerie houses ?

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What do they need to Prove or owe us?

Nothing.

We are starved for some exciting news from them.

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is this a Real statement?

Yes. Check out his face book page. He's quite creative with his miniature houses. I grabbed a couple of his pics. Some of the houses are very ornate and whimsical.

90571981_2644946549072929_5847503969554792448_o (resized).jpg90571981_2644946549072929_5847503969554792448_o (resized).jpg90787922_2644946499072934_2422382398420287488_n (resized).jpg90787922_2644946499072934_2422382398420287488_n (resized).jpg
#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

trip to the seminar and buffet got cancelled.

One thing for sure. Since the beginning of Deeproot. All the things that were embellished, or didn't happen. The one thing you can't blame them for is the private party they planned.

Invited people. Provided them with air fare and passes to the event. Probably already lined up food and stuff. Etc. Etc.

That event being canceled was out of their control. No one could see that coming. Not fair to any manufacturer, attendees, fans, anyone directly involved. To have the rug pulled out from under them by a virus.

I'm sorry for Deeproot, the people excited about going. And pinball fans, because at some point we may have gotten more news or pictures.

A terrible day for anyone that was excited about the event.

LTG : (

1 month later
#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does anyone visit this thread out of anything other than morbid curiosity?

I keep hoping people start getting their games and are pleased with them.

1 month later
#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed though for me pushing a video release and sell from a known company would be a no issue like Stern. A start up with possibly proprietary boards, mechs, etc I personally would like to See or play their offering before jumping in blind. Actually understand why he would wait as you only get to pull the curtain back and unveil once on a company or product line. No matter how badly We want something now anyway.

Some way. Some how. In these crazy times. I hope they still have the private party that they planned before. And then have a major unveiling.

People have invested in this, interest in this, and it would be nice to see it come to fruitation.

I wish nothing but the best for everybody and everything these days.

3 weeks later
#9009 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drove by Deeproot today around 3:30

About 25 cars or so in the parking lot

There is some action going on

I hope so. So people owed games get something eventually.

#9019 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Isn't that the gamble virtually EVERY product manufactured faces in business??

Definitely.

That Gorilla cost millions to develop and get LTG to sign off.

1 week later
#9081 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Name me a new company that people/buyers threw money at that actually came through for them with a great machine, thus warranting the prerequisite to give money to them without a trusted name and reputation to stand on? Was the product/machine worth “getting in on” before orders were being fulfilled?

Illinois Pin Ball ( Big Bang Bar )

Jersey Jack Pinball ( Wizard Of Oz )

#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I guess I challenge that it was worth the risk. If that game is that good. Then it’s likely it would rereleased.

Well yes and no.

Illinois Pin Ball was first. There were prototype BBB's out there. Things didn't go as planned. But Gene did get it done.

Jersey Jack Pinball ( in particular Jack ) was a known commodity. People wanted in no matter what, because of who it was. Wasn't smooth sailing but Jack made Wizard Of Oz happen and the company continued.

Unfortunately this opened the door so anyone could announce that they would build a pinball machine. And unfortunately this opened the door to many people thinking it could happen and got burned thinking everyone venture would be successful.

And a couple notables like Spooky Pinball and P3 Multimorphic Pinball, put their nose to the grindstone and are making pinball machines.

#9085 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Forgot American Pinball

Not on purpose.

They didn't announce and ask for deposits as I recall. Same as Spooky and P3 Multimorphic. They announced and forged ahead.

Jersey Jack Pinball didn't ask for deposits either. People started offering and wanted in. I believe once they had a building and were moving forward, people could make a deposit and get in line for a game.

#9093 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks like 9 days to go until they turn on the spotlight.

I hope it's something exciting for their fans and those waiting.

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd also like to point out it's been 62 days since TMNT was released. 2 months and they release a completely new game.

You have to hand it to Stern. In the craziest of times they keep rolling along !

I was thinking that after Williams closed and they were all alone in pinball in the worst decade in coin op ever and managed to stay alive. I wonder if those hard times made them stronger to get through what is all going on now ?

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

052CF7CD-9F94-4248-8BD3-5E5FBB046105 (resized).png

Why are they celebrating the 48th Birth Day ( anniversary ) of my business ?

Really nice of them to do this on 9/20.

Disclaimer : I still hope their fans get games to see, play, and buy, and those owed games get them too.

1 week later
#9635 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also on another topic, I notice Gary comes across as far more arrogant than Robert... no contest from what I've noticed.

I've always found Gary to be nice and more than willing to chat or talk pinball.

#10679 3 years ago

I've been busy. Just catching. up. 14 new pages. Think I'll skip it.

Still hoping people wanting games or are waiting on games. Get something eventually.

#10697 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

But I thought you read everything, sadface.

It's a pretty gitty 14 pages, if your belly likes to jiggle.

You may want to catch up properly

Then again, probably nah.

Been doing the tech support stuff. Catching up on real exciting pinball news. Finally had breakfast an hour an a half ago. May go back and dig through it later.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

To summarize...Sorry LTG, but deeproot won't be hiring you anytime soon to help with their support issues...

Darn. I hate when that happens.

1 week later
#12156 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Who's going to build the first adult themed pinball machine?

Python already did. Zingy Bingy

1 month later
#13077 3 years ago

A man doth start Deeproot
Into pinball he poot his foot
After delays
Of many days
We'll soon see what Deeproots aboot

2 weeks later
#13166 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Remember for me it's personal. John said I was "making a mistake" by helping Spooky instead of him.

He volunteered you for stuff too. Delivering games or something.

1 week later
#13825 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Actually not too long ago I called Stern for a problem with my TOMMY that would not boot. Turns out it was a bad PIA and when I swapped it out it worked just great. I could not believe they gave me tech support on a data east game. Maybe the tech was in a good mood

They usually help on DE games if they can. DE is in their family history.

1 week later
#14186 3 years ago

I just hope they send me one so everyone has a chance to see it and play it. Inside and out.

#14189 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I bought one this morning, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Best wishes my friend !

#14235 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They’d be stupid not to.

I must have misunderstood your down vote.

#14247 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sorry! Didn’t realize I did that

No problem. I thought it was kind of funny.

#14435 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From an OPerator’s standpoint it’s not the worst idea,

I thought when P2K came out with the video screen. That running advertisements during attract mode for the location, or other things. Could help pay for the rising cost of equipment. And help get it in locations if you could advertise their stuff on it.

#14459 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Just think, not only could you advertise, you could force people to watch a video for 15 seconds before the game resumes

I wasn't thinking that. At coin up all advertising would stop.

1 month later
#15874 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

My back and arms want one of these badly!

Scrounge around Pinside. Somebody made one of these and posted pictures and instructions.

1 month later
#16919 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why are they including a lockbar when every one of these games is going into a rich dude's basement set on freeplay?

Keep the money grubbing relatives from breaking in anyway looking for anything to steal.

#17141 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's the kind of thing you'd do on purpose during a war (well, you'd sink it fully)

During a war things would be different. Explosives comes to mind. Instead of trying to free the ship intact and not hurt it or the canal.

1 week later
#17461 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....don't make me post boob photos!

Here you go. beelzeboob

randy (resized).jpgrandy (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#17850 3 years ago

Bluto in the movie Animal house.

#17884 2 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

"Seven years of college down the drain!"

Might as well join the F***ing Peace Corp.

#18081 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Remember when Spooky's first game was gonna be a generic zombie game?

zom (resized).JPGzom (resized).JPG
#18083 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Was that the game that became Rob Zombie?

I don't think it really became anything. At some point a lot of work was done and Spooky made America's Most Haunted.

#18126 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What’s in Utah?

Great Salt Lake

#18197 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just a daily reminder, Spooky was started with around 50k total investment and the "break even don't go out of business" floor for AMH was 100 units.

Don't forget Spooky had something that a lot of companies could use. A man that had a dream and worked hard, no matter what. To make it happen. He didn't take short cuts. He sacrificed. He worked hard. He built Spooky Pinball. And built a loyal following of pinball fans.

I give you Chuck Emery.

People wanted something. He provided it. Every time you touch a Spooky pinball machine. You become part of that experience.

#18201 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

didnt his early workers also voluntarily work extra hours for no extra pay because they believed in the company?

I do believe everyone working there believes in the company and love what they are doing.

No idea on the early workers. I think Spooky started with all family members and Ben Heck. And they all worked hard to make Spooky a reality.

Charlie's family lived on macaroni and cheese for a year. Everybody sacrificed not just labor.

2 weeks later
#18681 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When I was 12 years old my mother was still trying to get an abortion.

Was she ever successful with this endeavor ?

3 weeks later
#19036 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wish I had the talent to home brew a game as I think, Dead Hooker, could be something amazing.

Does have potential.

Laying in alley mode. Found in the woods mode. Stuffed in a trash can multiball.

Quoted from Mr68:

Don't forget the money shot.

Necrophilia wizard mode.

#19064 2 years ago

What's the difference between a dead hooker and an onion ?

I cry when I cut up an onion.

#19070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ted. I demand a recount!

Ted please. This was Kim's idea.

1 week later
#19195 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Once they are up and running, Planetary Pinball will stock those missing production parts to be sold on their website. Not only will this be an additional revenue stream for Haggis but also a boon to the restoration hobbyist and the home brew community.

And a better chance for game specific parts to be available into the future. A real plus for owners of the game.

1 week later
#19528 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Some big cleaning before closing the doors

To get damage deposit back ?

#19713 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"LEAD LIGHTING"

Heavy man.

1 month later
#23438 2 years ago

I'm sorry for what this all did to pinball. The game we love.

It didn't happen. People working for or contracted with, their labors could have gone to other games and companies.

People didn't get games. People lost money. People had their hopes and dreams not come true.

And maybe worst of all during all this time. The dissension among Pinsiders. Instead of building relationships, many were torn apart.

I hope going forward relationships will heal and be better for all the people that posted in this thread.

#24238 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yep, completely agree. But don't forget, those $5000, BBB were selling off the Cunningham loading docks to new owners for $10,000 on release day.

Don't forget all the little details. Half up front, half when delivered. That changed about one year in. Money was going to be escrowed and never was. Four different groups involved, all kinds of mud slinging back and forth between them and Gene. Kerry Stair came into build a few and didn't realize he was expected to build most of them. Most shipped or were picked up the same day because Gene was expecting to get served papers from Capcom or Williams stopping the project.

They had disassembled one of the originals. And almost daily emailed me for information or pictures of what was lost/missing or where something went.

Gene did get them built. Did a good job. And lost a lot of money. But it was scary. People would ask me if they should order one at the beginning or not. I'd tell them to make up their own mind. With what I all knew I didn't have any money on one. I would imagine the people that listened to me and found out 5 years later they could have doubled their money still hate me. I remember one man told me if he put in $5K and didn't get a game, he'd likely never be able to buy another pin. I told him in his shoes I wouldn't do it.

Time goes by. People forget the details. And got to thinking that anybody who announces that they will make pinball machines, that it would really happen. So those that came later and announced they'd make pinball machines. Had a ready made audience to throw money at them.

Very few of them are like Jack or Charlie, who sacrificed and worked their butts off to make it happen.

Disclaimer : For all my help I was told if I ever needed parts or anything to just ask. When the games were finished I asked for some of the wire things that pulled the rear gates open. I was told no.

#24295 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I immediately thought of the Killer Clown when I saw that...

John Wayne Gaycee ?

#24320 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wife 2 was 2016. Wife 3 was 2020

Collecting wives is easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.