PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

960 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thundergod76. You are on page 1 of 4.
#26 7 years ago

Put a deposit down for a Premium. Hopefully Stern doesn't blow this.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why a deposit? Have they ever required one before?

Was told that not many were gonna be made this year. Don't deposits bump you up on the list?

2 months later
#154 7 years ago

In for a Premium and can't wait. Looking forward to all the great add ons I'm sure are coming.

1 month later
#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone who has the game, did they install Cliffy's on the playfield?
I know it won't be found on the drain or shooter lane.

The one guy who has one posted in the other thread said no Cliffys were installed by Stern.

1 week later
#243 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man I like that!!! So question:
I'm going to change all the rubber to Titan....thinking clear for all, but what color should the flipper rubber be? Thought about purple or just red...thoughts?

I bought all clear Titans with blue flippers.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dark blue would be close to the colour of Batman's cape & cowl

Dark blue for my flippers also.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow.proud SLE owners!! Just talked to my Distro,my LE will be WEEKS before I get mine,so,count yourselves in the lucky first bunch! Last deal I do with those guys

I know how you feel. I pre paid for my Pre in October and still don't have mine.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Been playing my LE.... fun even with VERY rudimentary code...
has anyone seen the batsignal in the upper right of playfield go on?? I havent except for attract mode
I should mention i have an aftermarket bat light from Little Shop of Games attached
What should make these areas light up??

With all the gameplay I've seen it only seems to light during attract mode for now. It's probably not in the code yet. You could always connect it to the GI.

#329 7 years ago

I'd sure buy one if you were selling them MT45.

#355 7 years ago

Not to stir the pot but for a $15000 pin Stern couldn't even clearcoat over the decals and pin striping??

Quoted from J85M:

I know there is a mod coming for the bat symbol button, guess when I get mine pinstriped I'll definitely go ahead with clear asking as it can be done over the factory powder/finish.

What mod are you referring to? Do you know who's making it? Thanks! Btw does anyone know if there is such a thing as matte finish clear coat? Maybe the LE/PRE owners can just spray some over their lockdown bars.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

i havent seen pics of any "sub-villains" on the LED screen on my LE.....
Is that a difference in coding between SLE and LE???

Aside from some custom callouts for the SLE buyers, aren't the codes the same for all the machines?

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I really wanted a gadget version and I was happy to see I got one. I was even happier to see what one it was. I peeked in the box and couldnt believe my luck, its the freaking Batmobile!

Awesome man!!!! Congrats!!

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Does anyone else with a prem have a card that is not signed ? Is that an LE/SLE only thing ?

Wow! I paid in full for my Pre in Oct. in hopes of getting a signed card. If I don't get one I'm gonna be pissed!

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That
Is what was stated from day one. Hopefully you get one but seriously, wtf, an autographed card is not something to bitch about.
What are the distros for? Just awful
If you don't like it, but an LE.

How the hell is my dist gonna know if there's a signed card inside or not? There are VERY few PRE in people's hands right now. Every one of them should be signed at this point. Why should someone who orders one 6 months from now get a signed card and not the people getting them now? Stern already took Batgirl off the PRE which I'm not happy about. And now early run PRE are being delivered with unsigned cards. Wtf? Sorry but for almost $8K I think I'm entitled to be upset if mine isn't signed

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Solder splash on the back plastic. Minor but annoying

Quoted from Chrizg:

Maybe you will also get a creased/bent non signed card also.
I've never had this many issues with all the Sterns I have bought. Crazy

Stern QC at its best

#621 7 years ago

Stern Pinball...Some assembly required.

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm thinking of replacing the stock rubbers with some colored one. Anyone have a suggestion on brand and/or colors that would work well with the game?

I have Titan clear and blue flipper rings ready to go once my game arrives. But with all the colors on this machine the possibilities are endless.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had some people over tonight to give the game a whirl. It got non-stop play for about 4 hours. I'm happy to say since I refastened the screws on the batmobile and cat ramp there was no failures anywhere in the game. No pulling of the glass.
Software is super early, but I know Lyman will deliver a classic for us in time.

How's the playfield looking? Any excessive dimpling other than the norm?

#682 7 years ago

MK...did you use the epoxy on just the screws that go into the Batmobile or did you also use it on the screws that go into the round plastic piece? Thanks!

#714 7 years ago

As anxious as I am waiting for my PRE its most likely gonna remain un played until I install a playfield protector. Who knows when that'll be. I emailed the company in Germany that makes them. He said it could be a while because they don't have a BM66 yet to get a template made.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's just what ONE dealer told a customer to try to explain his lack of stock. We have no idea if it's true or not.
That's a problem with the hobby - no way to verify virtually anything apparently.

Anything's possible but I feel my dist. has always been straight with me. He's in the thick of the playfield debacle and I'm sure he's just as frustrated as the rest of us.

#879 7 years ago

MT does the owner of your template know about the extra tabs that need to be added? Also who sells these purple max leds? Thanks!

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, see thread #866 above ... he's on it. Already has it redrawn.

Not Mirco but the other person that has your personal template you originally made. Sorry for the confusion.

#900 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I don't understand pf protectors personally. To each their own!
I do understand lighting. George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light. I ran out of whites so I had to use some purple for two spots and green for trough temporarily. These pics are glass on with PDI.
I'll be streaming this again tomorrow around 7pm EST

Machine looks great. Really enjoy your streams. How's the playfield and magnet holding up? Any excessive damage/dimpling?

#925 7 years ago

With all the great mods in the works, I wonder if anyone is planning on doing some custom side Bat armor? Love Sterns version on the SLE and would buy something similar for my Pre in a second.

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How did you mount her?

I'd prefer from the rear but that's just me! Sorry I couldn't resist.

#976 7 years ago

YES!!!! Will these be finished in the standard
black to match the premiums? I'll take them!

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

On a side note......the orange I am seeing under your plastics....is it this product?
ebay.com link » Batman 66 Florescent Protector 8 Piece Set Orange
I like the look on your game, and seeing it close up, I want to ensure what you have.Thanks.

These ones were made from a Stern Pre the seller had in his possession for a short time. The Stern ones are nice but I prefer these better because they extend over the sling plastic and reflect the light much better. I bought a yellow set but I do like the look of the orange as well.

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my topper yesterday. Getting my pin finally tomorrow.
Wondering if R & L F ed it up somehow. Sat in Dallas for several days until i called and inquired wtf?

Hope you get it and all is well. Keep us posted.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any Batman 66 owners live near Cliffy?
In my opinion, I think we are going to need some protection for the spinning device.
I already installed the Dark Knight scoop protector...it fits perfectly.

Do you know if the BDK shooter lane Cliffy will fit BM66?

#1064 7 years ago

Do u know if the siderail Cliffy is needed? I thought I read BM66 siderails were metal.

#1066 7 years ago

Thanks Trekkie....big help!

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He is working on the shooter lane.
Edit: my original answer was in regards to the scoop. I misread your question.

Thanks for clearing that up!

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Please have clips from the movie in there, there would be no better mode/s than a "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" and "Robin! Hand me the shark repellent bat spray" hidden wizard or hurry ups

Agreed. And we gotta have at least one Joker "Oh deeeelicious"!!

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

BTW thanks for your service ... underappreciated profession these days

+1 Thank you!

#1156 7 years ago

My dist. told me yesterday that my Pre was ready but hasn't given me a delivery date yet.

#1180 7 years ago

Thanks a lot for the tips Piper. Do you loosen the nut and turn the screw to raise and lower the magnet? Then tighten nut to secure it? Also I noticed the 2 black dots on the nut and on the bottom. Were those from the factory for alignment purposes or did you put them there? Thanks again!

#1185 7 years ago

Thanks for the update MT! I'm curious as well what needs to be taken off the playfield for installation. Partial depopulation of the playfield is always a little intimidating on a new machine.

#1241 7 years ago

What is the black zip tie needed for? To secure the piano wire to the Batcopter?

#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What a clusterf**k!
No way a machine should ship like that.
rd

x1000!!!

Hope you get your machine up and running ASAP! I should be excited to get mine this week but I'm nervous as Hell its gonna have a bunch of problems. Not what a NIB buying experience should be.

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume.

Commodore Schmidlapp!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1403 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I thought I would try these side rails,I am sure terry has some left and for the price I think they looks great ,I am quessing these are half the price of the stern rails for a premium and I can change the color in a snap,not sure about the stickers in the cab and may change to blades when I find some I like,
Thoughts?

Not bad. But I'm patiently waiting for these from Pinball Metal...

blades (resized).jpgblades (resized).jpg

#1429 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

* turntable not level

Has anyone discussed how to adjust the turntable height?

#1435 7 years ago

It's here! The adventure begins...

IMAG0219 (resized).jpgIMAG0219 (resized).jpg

#1445 7 years ago

Batmobile is shiny and without the cheesy flames seen on earlier releases. Almost looks like an authentic Hot Wheels.

IMAG0220 (resized).jpgIMAG0220 (resized).jpg

IMAG0222 (resized).jpgIMAG0222 (resized).jpg

#1447 7 years ago

Just checked and the Batmobile on the turntable IS in fact a Hot Wheels one. Looks to be one of the later releases. So far no issues. Every screw is tight and right. No loose connections. All diagnostics test OK. Haven't dropped a ball yet until I get the playfield protector on. Playfield does seem sparse but I'm still more than happy with it.

1 week later
#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same happened to me with the locktite. The locktite actually melts the plastic on the crap Hotwheels bat car and the whole thing fell off. Ended up bolting it on.

Aww s**t!! I just put some blue Loctite on mine. Is it doomed for sure?

#1587 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got 1/2 through one ball of play ...

Yep after about an hour the screw holes were already getting too big to hold. I cleaned loctite off and jammed some larger hex screws in for the time being. I think the newer machines have the Batmobile secured with rivets if I'm not mistaken?

#1603 7 years ago

Not sure the Hallmark Batmobile will fit. It's definitely longer than the Hot Wheels one. I'll measure mine tonight and post if someone else doesn't do so before me. By the way does anyone know how to adjust the crane so it's centered above each target? Mine is off a little and when it returns home it smacks the metal on the side.

#1610 7 years ago

Hallmark Batmobile is just over 4" long.

IMAG0242 (resized).jpgIMAG0242 (resized).jpg

#1611 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would look underneath. There has to be sensors down there under the metal plate.

Thanks Trekkie. Will have a look first chance I get.

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What size is the stock hot wheels Batmobile?

Exactly 1" shorter at just over 3" long.

#1656 7 years ago

Anyone wanting to replace their turntable Batmobiles with a new riveted one just needs to give Stern a call. Chas is more than happy to exchange it. Just need to send the defective one back.

#1688 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that Shame music is the best!

Totally agree!

#1698 7 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Still trying to work this one out if anyone has any pointers. I think they are attached on the SLE with cable ties but can't be certain.

I know one member bent a wire coat hanger. A few others have suggested piano wire. Pretty sure the batcopter attaches with zip ties on top. The bottom is just a loop attached to the nut.

EDIT: See page 25 of this thread for some great info.

#1707 7 years ago

I know I'm being picky here but man I'd love to see the bomb sequence from the movie instead of the animation. Nevertheless I still think it's a great addition.

#1728 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That is a cool animation.
I also didn't realize the cowboy villain was a parody of Shane. That's hilarious.
Sounds like I need to play this again after the update.

At first I thought the guy fishing was peeing over the bridge.

#1765 7 years ago

Joker with led eyes? Wicked!

#1775 7 years ago

Did anyone else notice the little Batman trophy next to the grand champion high score seems to have disappeared with the latest code?

#1777 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The trophy appears when any player in the previous game makes the HS table. It's still there.

Thanks!

#1793 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Batman code is nowhere near finished. But when it is...

LOL!!!

#1823 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How does the playfield protector sit on the scoops? does it fold over or just stop at the edge?

Stops right at the edge. I have Cliffy's but not sure if I'm gonna install them because of the protector. I'm closely watching my scoop. Any signs of wear and I'll put it on. Really waiting for Cliffy to get the shooter eject done. So far he hasn't had a machine full time to nail it.

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Completely agree!
Just noticed while watching BM66 on blu ray there is an odd error at the end of episode ten of season one "a death worse than fate" it says next week batman faces the joker, yet episode 11 is "a riddle a day keeps the riddler away" no joker in sight, just thought it was odd and worth sharing

There were many errors in the box set. To the point where Warner Bros. issued 2 replacement discs to buyers. You needed to go to a special website and enter your UPC code and shipping address. Not sure if this particular error was one of them. Btw has anyone else received a ramp kit from Stern yet? I didn't buy an LE/SLE but would still appreciate it.

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I'm sure you will get the kit, instructions that came with it specify all versions.

How do they know where to send it? Do the distributors send Stern their buyers info?

#1853 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I remade the catwoman ramp cover in flourescent orange and the edge gives a nice glow. I may cut some black vinyl and give it leopard spots but I'm still on the fence about it.

That looks sharp! I wonder if using just the one piece of plastic would be enough?

#1856 7 years ago

Ah that's right I forgot.

#1863 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How does the new plastic protector connect to the cat plastic?

Under the original plastic with slightly longer machine screws. Other than a full wireform it should have been mounted this way originally.

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So there's the original plastic and the new plastic on there at the same time?

Yes. I guess if you wanted to you could cut the original plastic off just behind the "cat" sign. Not sure removing the rivets on that piece is worth the time or hassle.

#1874 7 years ago

I've been having problems with a sporadic weak right flipper. I posted in Vids thread and am hoping for the best. In the meantime I'm posting this here for BM66 owners. While running a switch test on my flippers I noticed something weird. Notice when I do a switch test on the right flipper. It says "right flipper eos" then when pushed it says "right flipper button". No problem. Now notice when I push the left flipper. It says "left flipper eos" then when pushed it keeps saying "right flipper eos" and NOT "left flipper button". Is this correct? My KISS does not test like this. Could it have something to do with the left flipper being used as a full orbit plunge option? Can any BM66 owners confirm if their machines are testing like this? Thanks!

#1876 7 years ago

On the cabinet flipper button or on the flipper mech itself? Just thought it was weird that the working left flipper is testing flakey and not the right troublesome flipper.

1 week later
#1936 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The problem with the original plastic over the left ramp was that it flexed too much. I just cut a piece of lexan to replace the original piece.
I spoke to Chas about my fix but I guess they didn't want to spend the money on the lexan.

Did you rivet the Cat sign to the new piece or just keep it attached to the original piece?

#1962 7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the Riddler plastic in the back right corner not sitting flat? I have about an 1/8" gap between it and the ball guide. When I checked it the plastic is sitting on top of the saucer shield. I'm wondering if the shield is getting bent upward by the ball and causing the plastic to bend up. Sorry I dont have a pic handy.

#1964 7 years ago

Thanks Doc. I just put the green saucer led from Mezel in there and it's really noticeable.

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Has anyone noticed a clear mini post on the Riddler plastic that holds the wireform? mine does;nt have a rubber on it! Should;nt it have one???

Mine doesn't have rubber either. I don't think it's supposed to.

#1969 7 years ago

Wow that is really shitty!! No excuse for it.

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern Facebook post said there would be.

Wouldn't it be great for the next update they hit us with 1.00!

#2009 6 years ago

HELL YES!!!

#2018 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We can only assume Lyman has a road map to 1.0, and this is his way of showing where he thinks he is, and I agree once completed it should be pretty amazing.

I agree but Jesus at this pace it's gonna take 7 years for code completion.

#2049 6 years ago

Anyone know the difference between a quick update and a full update? I've been doing full update with no issues. Just curious.

#2059 6 years ago

I've been using 8G Verbatim sticks with no problems.

#2071 6 years ago

Yep I've noticed the magnet doing some serious antics with the ball on the new code as well.

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did they get a sound a like for the narrator, it sounded like him when I hit the shot.

It sure sounds like they did. It's definitely not William Dozier. Wonder who it is. He did a fantastic job.

#2078 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Playfield update: I've played my game ALOT now....no chipping or cracking anywhere ( and I was looking hard). The dimpling is evening out better than I could have imagined ...much, much harder to notice, as the whole playfield seems to be settling in. Very pleased, thus far....

No chipping of clear in the shooter lane, scoop or saucer?? I've had lots of clear chipping away from the back of the scoop. Front has a Cliffy. Had to Mylar the shooter lane and my saucer is taking a good beating. My deflector is bending up and lifting the Riddler plastic. And all with a playfield protector on

#2089 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics MK. I'm wondering if after a year or so the clearcoat will have cured to point where I no longer need the playfield protector.

#2091 6 years ago

Is your saucer deflector bending back and lifting your Riddler plastic? I bought a couple new ones from Marco and I'm hoping my bent deflector is just a fluke.

#2098 6 years ago

Added some more fun today. Great additions IMO.

IMAG0281 (resized).jpgIMAG0281 (resized).jpg

IMAG0280 (resized).jpgIMAG0280 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For those with games in hand does the original tv series intro play at all on the pin, like in attract mode?

Unfortunately not the exact TV theme intro. There is attract music that can play but it is turned off by factory default.

#2137 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hmmm seems like a missed opportunity not to have the original opening somewhere in the pin, attract more seemed like a no brainer

I agree but its not that big of a deal. All the music in this machine is awesome. You can always add it later if you really want to.

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just heard the "Super Jackpot is Ready" call out by the narrator's voice. I agree, they got an amazing sound alike.

One of my fav callouts is "Super Jackpot is lit...or is it"?

#2159 6 years ago

???

goldberg3 (resized).jpggoldberg3 (resized).jpg

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Dynamic Due was the episode's title last night.
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs

Sorry I couldn't resist!

#2203 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, we're now 1 week from 20 weeks, about 5 months, since release. And we're at .70, not .90 or .95 or, heaven forbid, 1.00. Nowhere close to what would be considered releasable code.
So there goes that excuse - the "5 months too soon" buffer is gone.

100% agree with this statement.

#2220 6 years ago

That's a sweet looking card. Congrats and welcome to the club!

#2237 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the Gadget button does nothing to help you during Penguin mode? It does however use them up.

#2249 6 years ago

I've tried looking for the right ramp nuts under the the playfield and I swear they don't exist. They must be under a board.

#2285 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Whoever got rhe shark repellent gadget on their game should hang this new Franchi print on the wall next to it

Love it!

#2323 6 years ago

Why wouldn't he want to send you a print to Australia?? You're paying for it.

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Here is mine
I was one of the lucky premium owners.

Consider yourself lucky if your cabinet doesn't split. Not to be a pisser but I paid in full for my Pre the week it was announced in hopes of getting a signed card. Didn't get one and not happy that buyers 6 months down the road are getting signed cards. Thanks Stern!

#2349 6 years ago

I'm telling you if the next update is labeled 0.71 I'm gonna be pissed!

#2360 6 years ago

And they didn't bother to post it on FB yet? Weird.

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's whats up with what you saw.
This mode has the 4 main villains escaping out of jail and you need to round them back up. The earlier code used the animated cartoon style clips but for this code they switched to video clips from the show to show the breakout from Gotham penitentiary. The only video clips that have all 4 villains together was from the second to last episode in season 3 called "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" starring Ida Lupino as Dr Cassandra Spellcraft. Interesting fact: Ida was not only a movie star from the golden age of Hollywood but also the only female in the 50's who also produced and directed major films. She was the forst woman to direct a film noir, "The Hitch-Hiker".
In this episode Dr Cassandra and he husband come up with some invisibility pills. Their plan is to release all the Gotham super villains and also give them the invisibility pills so they can wreck havoc on Gotham. There is a brief clip where 6 major villains are shown escaping. they are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Egghead and King Tut. By season 3 the ratings were dropping and the budgets were slashed so they cut as many corners as possible. In this case they saved money by having all the villains be played by stunt doubles not the actual actors. An interesting note is that Eartha Kitt was playing Catwoman in season 3 but for this episode the Catwoman double is someone picked to look like Julie Newmar instead.

Not only were they too cheap to use the real actors (or even have any henchmen in this episode) they also had no budget to do the actual choreography for the big the fight scene with all the villains. So they improvised and decided to have all the villains take the invisibility potion first. This way Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are fighting invisible people.

The heroic trio don't do so well fighting invisible villains so they decide to even the odd by turning all the lights out. So half the fight is in the dark and all you see are some random lights in the background. That's what you are seeing in the video clip on the LCD during this mode. Here's a you tube clip where you can see it as it appeared in the show.
» YouTube video
Here's what the writer, Stanley Ralph Ross, said about the episode:
“The producers ran over budget on this episode, and they could not afford to take the two days necessary to block and shoot the fight scenes. So, I wrote this episode in such a way that the fight was in the dark; therefore, the episode was shot in less time."
Here's a link to watch the whole fight from the beginning.
» YouTube video
Looks like we definitely have batgirl in the game now, at least a little bit. Maybe in a future code update the video for this mode can be fixed. They could just get better close up shots of the villains from other episode fights and splice them together. Or maybe use clips from the movie (might not happen if they don't have rights to movie though). If Stern doesn't do it, someone could fix it with better clips via pinball browser.

Only hardcore Batman fans would remember this particular episode. For Lyman to build a mode around this really shows how passionate and crazy about this show he is. Plus the addition of the Bat turn mode including the parachute pick up van. That's a hardcore fan right there! I take back my earlier criticism of the code only being .71 His love for this title is really starting to shine. Lyman is gonna knock the shit outta this code!!

#2497 6 years ago

I followed these directions and had no trouble.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm

1 week later
#2529 6 years ago

Congratulations!! I'd definitely reinforce the cabinet just to be proactive.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Just wanted to share this shot of my premium with a 3D-printed Batsignal. It's being powered off the USB port on the mainboard in the backbox. Can someone confirm if this setup could cause any issues?

Looks cool! I'm tired of waiting for Stern to release some toppers/etc for BM66. At this point if a modder came up with something comparable I'd buy it.

#2536 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Although I haven't seen anything official from Stern, I did see a Batman 66 topper come up on the Marco Specialties website. It says it is out of stock, but it identifies a 502-7020-00 product number (rather than 502-7027-00 that was for the LE) and it state that it is compatible for the Premium. Price would be $599. Anyway, this might be an indication that Stern is going to release something soon and that it will be the same type of topper as that made for the SLE and LE rather than some lame alternative.

Awesome...thanks for the info! It looks like the same topper used on the SLE. If Stern is gonna sell these same toppers for the Pre it's gonna cause a shitstorm.

#2538 6 years ago

It would make sense just to go ahead and sell the toppers they already have time and development in. Rather than create a new one from scratch just for PRE owners.

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, this one really touches a nerve with me. Maybe because I chose ( foolishly) to engage in a couple of the hate threads before draining. I apologize, but these limited editions are meant to be just that. This is an awesome machine package, and some paid dearly for it. Stern knows that.

Completely agree! But you can't stop us PRE buyers from dreaming about those SLE/LE toppers!

#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

While we wait for the next code drop you can check out a decent interview with Batman66 artist Chris Franchi here:
https://www.acast.com/kanedaspinballpodcast/episode-125-christopher-franchi

Thanks for posting! I was looking forward to this interview.

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had a callout I've never heard before and may be new. In multiball, the announcer said "Super Jackpot is lit" then the atomic pile turned away and the announcer said "Or is it?!" - that cracked me up.

See, I knew you would start seeing it my way eventually.

Pretty sure that's been in the code since at least .70. You rarely hear it but makes me laugh every time. However when they say "super jackpot is lit" the red arrow never seems to be lit. Is the super jackpot the atomic pile?

#2596 6 years ago

Thanks Trekkie. Having trouble installing new code. Put the usb in the backbox and turned on. When I hit select it just sits there and does nothing. No service menu buttons work. After a minute a strange faint buzz can be heard from backbox. I'm approaching my 18th hour of downloading etc. This is getting annoying. Anyone else?

#2600 6 years ago

Been using the same formatted usb for the last couple Batman updates with no issues. Yes I opened the folder before I dragged and dropped. Thanks for the help. Ready to retry this right now. Will report back.

#2601 6 years ago

Reloading AGAIN the code from Stern on a different USB. Download gets to 85% and is stuck there. Jesus Christ I'm really starting to miss the DMD updates. So much faster. It shouldn't take almost 24 goddamn hours to update a machine.

#2605 6 years ago

I couldn't get that far. When I try to update the machine and all 4 service buttons don't function and a strange faint buzzing comes from the speakers. Copying file to formatted usb is almost done. I'll try a 3rd time and see what happens. Meanwhile while waiting I did have one epic 5 ball game!!

IMAG0352 (resized).jpgIMAG0352 (resized).jpg

#2607 6 years ago

Yep I've tried both. CN9/CN15. I know ur not supposed to drop and drag the folder. Are you supposed to extract all files before the usb transfer?

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I've done it both ways. I've extracted the file from zip direct to USB stick. No folder.
And also extracted to hard drive on pc and then just dragged over the file to the stick and both have worked fine.
I'd say try extracting the file to your pc hard drive 1st. Then copy just the file over to the stick and see if you have better luck.

Just did that and still not working. This is the screen it freezes on...

IMAG0354 (resized).jpgIMAG0354 (resized).jpg

#2612 6 years ago

I will try that next. Thanks for all the help!

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Although some have done it to the thumb drive, that method has caused issues for many. Download the file to a PC and extract it there. Then insert the thumb drive and drag the file to that drive.....do not drag the folder. When you look at the drive, you should just see the one file. Several have complained about similar situations to your when they try to do the extract on the thumb drive.

So the 3rd usb stick was the charm! Used a 32G SanDisk and the update went as smooth as butter in about 1/3 of the time. Thanks for the help guys. Can't stay and chit chat. Got some flipping to do!

#2646 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, it's setting 49 in the Batman specific adjustments, Lock out Completed Major Villains. Default is No, I set this one to Yes.

Good idea! I always disliked reactivating a completed major villain by accident while trying to complete the others.

#2648 6 years ago

Hey KG are you going to leave your PRE stock or trick it out similar to your LE with custom powdercoat etc?

#2653 6 years ago

Speaking of the magnet, does anyone know what causes the magnet to pulse? Mine does it almost every single time. It always releases the ball but I don't think I've seen it on any other BM66s. Looked for an adjustment in the menu but didn't find one.

1 week later
#2680 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

the batpoles calllout/video is the tops i tell ya, the tops.
I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically. I worked with Terry for weeks on this and like magic he came thru with a product:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4630

Ordered! Thank you!! Btw there are some awesome show clips in the code that hopefully will see the light of day. A new version of PB is very close.

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

A few questions for the group:
1. Is anyone having issues with their cabs splitting yet like AS has? I can't find the thread dedicated to the cab complaints.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

#2724 6 years ago

RIP dear Sir. Such a huge part of my childhood that continues to this day. You will be greatly missed.

#2737 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It worked on second try. Whew

Your new PRE is looking very spiffy with those mirror blades! I'm holding out to see what Franchi comes up with for Stern. The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm guessing they haven't sold enough games yet to make doing accessories worthwhile.

Not sure I'm buying this. LEs and SLEs are sold. And last Stern factory video showed PREs still being made. More than enough to do at least a small run of accessories at this point.

#2747 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding some authentic tv music. Felt compelled to do this in honor of Adam's passing. Stern really cut the length of the attract music in the latest code unfortunately. I'm sure this can be incorporated into other aspects of the game. This was my first go around on BM66. More to tweak for sure.

#2750 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe just me, but have had an extra fun time on the machine tonight...Adam will live forever through this game.

So true. This game means more to me now than ever. First time I fired it up after hearing of his passing I cracked the biggest smile.

#2755 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cool....dumb ( lazy) question which game setting to you have to load to enable attract mode music? Think it was mentioned earlier I think....but a quick point would be appreciated...thanks

Game adjustment #139

#2757 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How did you do that? I thought pinball broswer didnt work with the latest code releases?

I've been assisting Oga with the new version of PB. It took much longer than even he thought it would. He gave me a Beta version to try out. Been browsing all the cool wacky video clips etc. New Spike 2 version should be out very soon.

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks. I have a wonderful song in mind to replace the insanely (imo) misplaced cat woman mode music. Slow jazz for a mode with super fast ramps? No thanks!

I agree. In general I have no complaints at all about the music. I think Stern did a great job. All the villain music is top notch. But there's always room for improvement.

#2770 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

so to make the attract music play "more" frequently....where do you set Game adjustment #139...higher or lower?

Number represents minutes between each random sound sample.

#2784 6 years ago

Kinda odd that these alleged toppers are ready to leave the factory and Stern hasn't given so much as a teaser.

#2792 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the factory video on their facebook page was their teaser.

Maybe the premium toppers include the node boards to run them. For other spike games with optional toppers like Kiss, Game of Thrones, or Ghostbusters does the topper come with node boards or did the games have the node boards already in the backbox?

My KISS topper came with no extra boards.

#2793 6 years ago

Very nice eulogy for Adam West if you haven't seen it.

#2798 6 years ago

It plugged into the CPU node board. The main/standard board in the backbox.

#2869 6 years ago

Holy typo Batman!! Good eye! Someone should send this to Stern in hopes of getting it corrected.

#2878 6 years ago

Why aren't these being sold through Stern?

#2880 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a dist. who would carry this stuff? My dist. doesn't deal with accessories.

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mike at Automated....he gets all the stuff....good guy

Thanks!!

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll post tomorrow after I talk to him.....

I sent him an email and he got right back to me. (I like this guy already) He said as far as he knows Stern isn't doing accessories for BM66. Obviously they are. Once again this shows how poor Stern's communications are. They couldn't send a simple email to their distributors?

#2891 6 years ago

Agree with Doc. While the topper is cool it seems very repetitive. No way will Stern charge $400-$500 for this. "Or will they"!?

#2918 6 years ago

I'm lost....what Bat signal do you need to go with the topper?

#2931 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

CLARITY ON THE BEACON DIFFERENCE:
Just heard from Chas:
"The projector with the base can only be used alone. With this kit, you don't need a topper".
Hence (I have a BM66LE) I've changed my order from a "SP49" to a "SP48". hope this helps.....mark

Thanks a lot for clearing that up. I took a chance and ordered the correct beacon. Just received ship notification.

#2966 6 years ago

Got the topper and add on beacon today. Anyone else having problems hooking the beacon up? I see NO way possible this will hook up based on what was in the box. The pictures they show are of an LE. Don't match my PRE at all. No node boards were included. Right now it just lights up static. Pretty boring for a $400 topper. If this is all this thing does it's going back.

IMAG0441 (resized).jpgIMAG0441 (resized).jpg

#2969 6 years ago

Wtf? Didn't Chas say earlier this week that the higher priced one with the base was only to be used without a topper? The add on beacon is supposed to go with the topper? Makes no sense because they both are described as having a base.

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I ordered the Topper and add on Beacon also, have not received it yet.
I just went to the website and the add on beacon states for "LE"

I just saw that and that's NOT what it said earlier this week. Christ Stern doesn't even know what they're selling!! The $199 add on beacon has a keyed Molex connection to match the LE toppers. The PRE topper has a standard Molex connection. The PRE topper looks like it needs to have the $249 beacon. Even though I ordered the wrong beacon Stern should've realized that the two parts I ordered were not compatible. Now I gotta cough up another $50 because THEY misinformed us!!?? Thanks a lot!

#2974 6 years ago

Is your Molex from your topper keyed? The connection from the PRE topper is rectangular and won't fit. Also the PRE topper does absolutely nothing during gameplay or attract mode. It just sits there static. Pretty sure this thing is going back. The damn thing could at least blink for $400!!

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...keyed, and fits the female molex already in the topper...4 wire....did you find anything in the game settings menu...I didnt dig, as it plugged and played

There's nothing in the menu about turning the Bat signal on. I went through both SPI and Game settings. I don't know what they're talking about.

#2979 6 years ago

On a lighter note I'm super thrilled with my upgraded signed Adam West card.

IMAG0446 (resized).jpgIMAG0446 (resized).jpg

#3006 6 years ago

I double checked Sterns site and the PRE topper is supposed to be interactive with gameplay. Again mine doesn't do anything. I'm hoping that when my other beacon arrives it will come to life. Or maybe it's dependent on the next code update.

#3021 6 years ago

Congratulations Marks! She's a beauty. Welcome to the madness!!

#3066 6 years ago

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. They only provide instructions for installing the beacon WITHOUT the PRE topper. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.

-If you have the PRE topper already installed without the beacon you'll need to disconnect and remove it.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it. Notice the 8 extra threaded studs. Your beacon boards will attach to these.
-Next you need to remove the beacon, box, both boards and wiring from the base its mounted to. Set this base aside. You don't
need it.
-Transfer and install these parts to the base of the topper including all nuts and standoffs. Make sure to feed wires through hole. Also makes sure the cutout in the box is facing the front of the backbox. You don't want to pinch any wires.
-Secure the beacon with the 2 nuts you removed in step 2.
-Feed wires through backbox access hole and secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.
-Connect topper to CN6 on the power distribution board.
-Connect RJ45 of the beacon to CN12 of the CPU.
-Plug the power connector with the gray and black wires to CN7 of the power distribution board.
-Dress the wires with existing clamps.

You don't need the base the beacon comes with but you need the connections. Beacon has focus adjustment. Still have no clue where the supposed option to turn the Bat signal on in the menu is. Signal is static during attract mode. Turns off at gameplay start and only lights static when the Bat phone is flashing. I'm going to contact Chas tomorrow and ask about the menu option. Also tell him that they NEED to include instructions for mounting the beacon to the new PRE topper. They can't really expect a first time owner to figure this out.

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...good job!!!.....glad it fits...how does it look w the pre topper? A pic would be cool....

It does look cool!! However I'm gonna have to send this one back for another. There's a scratch on the inner lens. Small but very noticeable on the wall. See second pic. I can't seem to win with this thing.

IMAG0454 (resized).jpgIMAG0454 (resized).jpg

IMAG0453 (resized).jpgIMAG0453 (resized).jpg

IMAG0455 (resized).jpgIMAG0455 (resized).jpg

#3079 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they hadn't mixed modern and original batman logos through the machine. It's jarring to see the newer style on the topper and the original style on the wall projection.

Newer style logo on the topper? I can think of at least 3 different logos used on the show. Batman's costume, Batmobile and Bat signal logos. All are from '66. I'm ok with it.

#3080 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So has anyone found a speaker light kit that works with the newer spike lcd speaker panels yet?

Over in the Aerosmith mods thread Mezel Mods posted a video of their prototype speaker light kits. I'm sure this will work on BM66 since the platforms and designs are identical. Will be full color changing RGB. Looks great!

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sadly, I think the topper for the Premium looks like a mess. Especially with the Batsignal added on. Between the translite, topper and Batsignsl there are three versions of the logo in the span of a few inches. And the villain art is too repeative of what is on the translite. It's like it was designed in a vacuum without even considering how it would look on the game. And by giving the minor villains the same stature as the main four it will make it even more noticeable if they aren't added to the game in a big way.
Are there individual lights in the topper behind each villain so they could light up when they are active or have been defeated? Curious as to just how "interactive" the topper will be (not that the LE/SLE topper does that much, though Lyman should at least make it active in Bat Turn mode).

Sad to say I absolutely agree with you 100%. The topper has zero interaction with the game. It just lights up and stays static. I thought at least something would flash in attract mode but nothing. I thought maybe each villain would flash during their corresponding modes but nothing. Its essentially a $400 nightlight. The logos don't bother me as they're all '66 related. But this is such a dream theme for me and I'm already in so deep with it that the topper and beacon are no brainers for me. Its a shame because Stern knows they can skimp all day on this stuff and we will still buy it.

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To each his own but I can never understand why people want to drag the eye's attention to an area where NOTHING is going on...the speakers. To me lighting them up just makes for an ugly distraction from the actual art on the machine and simply puts a cheap glare all over the glass. The best effect you''ll get is the color changing routine you see on every cheap Chinese toy.
Just say "enough"... ok rant over

Totally get where you're coming from. But you can dim them and have a slow transition of color so they're not so distracting. I have them on my KISS and they don't bother me at all. It's a nice way to dress up two large boring black squares staring at you IMO.

#3088 6 years ago

Just spoke to Chas. He said the beacon should turn on and off during gameplay but there's no software adjustment for it yet. Suggested leaving it off for the time being by unplugging it. Also said my instructions above are correct and will make things clearer for installation in the future.

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess I didn't notice the variance in the original show. Looking online, the utility belt has ANOTHER completely different bat-logo.

Definitely. I'm just so glad that at least Stern got the Batsignal image correct on the beacon.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is wrong on the mini-beacon in the back corner of the game, I had to swap it out.

Yep. I bought one of Doc's. He did an awesome job on it!

#3123 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The diecast models people are adding to their games that came on the SLE's does anyone know what scale they are?

1:50 scale

#3127 6 years ago

If you're looking to have the Batboat hitched to the Batmobile make sure you get the correct Batmobile. They've reissued these many times and only certain versions of the Batmobile will have the hitch required.

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've got a low ceiling issue so I've been going back and forth deciding if I want the batsignal projector or not. Wasn't sure how a side projection would look but those images by RebelGuitars look pretty sweet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/63#post-3844184

After seeing RebelGuitars pics I was motivated to shoot my Batsignal on the side wall. Much bigger and better looking.

#3131 6 years ago

Determined to get this sound byte worked into the game somehow. Not sure if it works well here or not.

#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks for the help - I bought all the hot wheels off of eBay. Just waiting for them to come in and see how to put them on the game. I might try to add some LEDs to the batmobile. I haven't done that before so any suggestions on LEDs sizes would be appreciated and where to buy would be great. I don't mind soldering the LEDs it is if it needs a resistor is where I get confused.
Also, would help if someone with a SLE could post a pic of how the batcycle is mounted in the game.

I did the same thing and bought them all off Amazon. But when I saw what Mezel mods came out with I bought their Batmobile and Batcopter instead. The Batcycle can just be mounted with double sided tape. I have mine secured using one of the bumper cap screws but it keeps getting loose.

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Can you still use the batboat with the Metzel batmobile?

My Mezel Batmobile doesn't have a hitch. The exhaust led sticks out a little so not sure even with a hitch would you be able to connect the two. But you might ask Tim if you send him a hitched Batmobile if he can led it up for you.

#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

Man I just don't see it happening. Premiums were on the line for such a short amount of time. Heck it took Stern almost a year to release accessories. If it was selling well I think we would've seen them earlier. Not to mention the code is nowhere near where it should be. I guess we'll see.

#3159 6 years ago

I'm getting a lot of airballs from the Joker targets. Does anyone have any tips for helping with this? I know they make target wedges but not sure what type/size will work best. Has anyone tried something store bought that works also? Thanks for any help.

#3160 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thank-you MK6pin,and has anyone herd Alfred say"Im sorry sir Batman is out for the day"I got this once,and for the life of me I can't figure out what combo I hit to hear Alfred say that????

I hear it if you don't answer the Bat phone before the timer runs out.

#3184 6 years ago

Stay tuned!

#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After watching the SW stream I'm even happier with my BM66LE, won't be rushing out for SW.

I thought SW stream looked fantastic. Best use of the LCD screen by far. The level of incomplete code on BM66 is alarming when compared to SW. Lyman really has his work cut out for him.

#3206 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A bit disappointing not having code today.

Yep. Really hoping the next code drop is a significant jump. I hardly noticed anything new in the last update other than some bug fixes?

#3227 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which board are you waiting on Doc?
I'm getting a new topper node board.

I'm on my 3rd beacon and counting. Every single one I've gotten from Stern has been scratched to hell.

#3228 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I need some help in fixing a problem with the ball lock post. I am running 0.75. It is releasing any locked balls whenever a villain is completed. It was working ok before I started experimenting with the game settings. I have restored the parameters back to their factory defaults, but the problem persists.
I am thinking of reloading the 0.75 code from scratch, as probably something in the code image been corrupted, or there is a bug in the parameter handling. Has anyone else experienced problems with either ball locks not being recognized, or false multiballs?

I'd just try a factory reset and see what happens.

#3231 6 years ago

All 3 of my beacons were scratched on the lens behind the removable Bat lens. Chas is aware of the issue and trying his best to test them before they go out. I sent my 3rd to him and he said he will personally fix it and send it back to me. I think the assemblers are scratching the lenses removing the excess silicone. If this thing was $50 I'd probably just live with it but for $250 its needs to be damn near perfect. The longer I own this machine the more I feel the pain in my wallet. They need to get their shit together with BM66 or it will for sure go down as the biggest blunder Stern has ever put out. If it isn't already,

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

How are the beacons scratched??? What to look for??? I have one on mine,and I thought it could be clearer!! Thank-you for posting!!!

The beacons are scratched on the lens behind the removable Bat lens. Loosen the clamp that holds the focus lens. Slide it all the way off. There you will see the Bat lens secured with 2 tiny screws. Remove that lens and you will see the fixed lens that is secured with silicone. That lens is the one that is being scratched at the factory during assembly. I spent an hour trying to figure out where these damn scratches were. I was hoping they were on the Bat lens. If that was the case getting a replacement from Stern would be easy. I've been able to feel every scratch with my fingernail. There's no way in Hell they are testing these things. This is ridiculous for a part they are charging $250 for if you're like me and have the PRE topper. They will focus reasonably well. But you won't get the Bat AND its edges perfectly clear. You'll need find a decent medium between the two.

IMAG0453_1 (resized).jpgIMAG0453_1 (resized).jpg

IMAG0460 (resized).jpgIMAG0460 (resized).jpg

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from sffred:

Quality is slipping, needed to do some service on the machine, so I reached in the coiner box door to unlock the latches for the lock bar, and the lathes fell to the bottom of the cabinet.
The wood screws were completely stripped out, obviously the assembler didn't check his torque setting when he screwed in the screws holding the lathes, now the problem is there is no wood to grab to install the screws, filled it with wood bond, and hoping for the best.
Finding way too many issues like this, on the machine. It seems that it can't play more then an hour or so without something falling off or a screw sliding down the play field , then the hunt and find to see where it came from.
Great machine, just can't keep it running.

You know I actually thought about the stress those latches put on Sterns new cheap ass cabinets. I was installing the B/W braces and was amazed at how cheap the wood felt. Even so I thought there's no way those latches could rip off. WRONG!! Looks like Stern found a way! Seems every week there's more surprises like this to be found. Way to go Stern.

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just got done watching the 66 movie, there is a tonne of awesome scenes that would make great clips inserted into the game, obviously via pinball browser

Totally agree! I added some of the soundtrack and it makes the game experience even more fun.

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Alright.....how did a Star Wars Pro get a code update if was supposedly much further ahead than BM66? REALLY wanting an update tomorrow!!!

Man that's a small update for sure. Surprised to see it's only at .84. Thought it was further along. Even still I'm getting tired of waiting for the next BM66 update. I'm hoping this next one will be a huge update. Possibly very close to 1.00. At the rate Lyman's going it's just taking WAY too long to reach 1.00. Maybe this longer wait will be a big jump in code. Fingers crossed.

#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Mine has been sitting since 0.75 came out since my node board stopped working with that update. Once the replacement is here it'll be like new code for me since I couldnt run the 0.75 yet.

You're not missing much. I didn't notice any substantial improvements in the .75 code. Nothing like the previous code drop where they introduced the Bat turn mode.

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What titles?

Guardians, Iron Maiden and Deadpool among others.

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

All newbs that have entered my gameroom since Jan have all gravitated to BM66. They think it's pretty and they like the screen.

This is EXACTLY why the damn code needs to get up to par!!!!

#3396 6 years ago

Stern really blew it with their BM66 accessories. They waited WAY too long to release them. Seriously, who didn't already have the Bat fin side armor. Must add that the add on Bat signals are complete garbage. EVERY single one is scratched on the inner lens from the factory. I purchased 3 different beacons and all 3 are junk. The last one I had would only power up if I wiggled the cord. And even that one was scratched up. I've spent over a month and hours of my time monkeying around with these and trying to get one that is remotely worth the price. Everything is going back and I'm going use the $ to take the family to Cedar Point. The crap I've dealt with in the last 2 years with Stern is really starting to take the fun out of this hobby.

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was going to buy the Stern topper batsignal but have decided not to based on reading this type of feedback from you and others. I think I'm gonna try one of these and see how it looks:
amazon.com link »
Its only $17, 5" tall die cast metal, has a full 360 swivel plus up/down tilt. I'll try and modify the lens to be the TV style and see how it looks.

This would be an awesome alternative should you decide to make and sell a few. Even those custom beacons look like a bargain compared to what Stern is charging.

#3471 6 years ago

Looks sharp MK! I think you have a bad bulb on your back panel?

#3483 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Custom hinges and Batsignal installed along with some Mezel mods. The kicker and VUK lighting mod is terrific.
Not sure what I'm going to be able to do with the Batsignal once the machine is back in place. There may not be enough clearance to get to the ceiling with the soffit in the way.

Note to self..."Remove soffit".

#3488 6 years ago

I have a standard spring on from PL. I see why Stern put a low tension spring on I think. With a high tension one you can hard plunge and hit the saucer every time. Probably making the shot too easy I assume. I can still hit the saucer but only about 50% of the time with a standard spring.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2763

#3490 6 years ago

I can't remember did BM66 originally come with a blue one?

#3504 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I was sad to see that Stern's room at San Diego Comic-Con was filled only filled with Star Wars machines. Surely, Batman 66 would have resonated with this crowd. Alas, no dice...

Another perfect example of how out of touch Stern is with its (potential) customer base. Half of those machines should've been their most recent releases. Including some that may have sold poorly for whatever reason. Missed opportunity for sure. "Stay tuned"!

#3526 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

What is the "best" setting in everyone's opinion for the attract mode music?

You can adjust it to play in 1 minute intervals. Music only plays for about 30 sec each time. Or set it to play once every 2 min or 3 min etc. Its really just personal preference.

#3538 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can anyone with a Batsignal topper addition tell me if there is an option to disable it when hooked up? I haven't been able to find it.
I'd like to disable mine in software until I can relocate the game to be able to properly project it on the wall or ceiling.

Unfortunately there is nothing written into the code (yet) regarding the Batsignal. It would be nice to have some options to change its behavior.

#3542 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What other behaviors would you like to see?
1). Disable
2). Cycle every x minutes during attract mode
3) Sync with playfield Batsignal
4) ??

Great suggestions! I definitely think it should have the option to flash in attract mode or not.

#3543 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was very pleased playing BM66 tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I had older friends over who had never seen the game and they asked me to give them a game play tour, so I set it on 5 balls and showed them pretty much the whole game. That's the only bad news, that I was pretty much able to show them the whole game as it stands now, though it took some luck and an extra ball to do so. The good news is that playing it and explaining the game play to them, reaffirmed to me just how solid is the current BM66 game play......if it just had some more angles of attack and depth.
If Lyman could add some TWD-like action it really will be a powerful game. I played TWD just before so I was thinking if there could be a Bloodbath-type two ball mode sneaked in at some point such as after the second or third villain or after a combination of certain villains, it would add a lot. Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented to see if that would add anything. TWD also has what I consider a lot of mini wizard-kinda modes of alternative paths strategy available to you depending upon how you play the game: Siege, Terminus, Horde, and Last Man Standing, for instance. If some of that magic and alternative paths could be added to BM66 it would be a hell of a game. I think the key to success will depend on how minor villains are implemented.....one of these days. My fear is that it will only be a lengthening of the current path to Villain Escape which I think might get boring and repetitive. I want to see several alternative paths, such as maybe focusing on a series of minor villains in association with maybe one major villain, for variety (could be tied to seasons somehow). I don't know how that could be implemented, but I think some alternative pathways like that will be necessary for BM66 to become a great game. The lack of inserts suggesting those opportunities is worrisome though.

No one saw the Bat turn mode coming. I'm sure Lyman has more goodies up his sleeve. The wait is painful though.

#3564 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Its less like a club and more like a support group.

1 week later
#3667 6 years ago

Looks nice Rolls! The silicone is easy to get off. It's the ridiculous scratches that Stern left on the lens that pissed me off.

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Well, how many of us were ever able to work on just one thing at a time in any job? I think we've all juggled more than one thing in our various fields and done so fairly successfully. If a big new update to BM66 comes soon (Minor Villains anyone), Stern will have some good will for a period of time.
However, (and Stern I beg you to listen closely to this) if another game is released by Stern with Lyman doing the coding without significant progress on BM66, I predict it'll be the beginning of the end for Stern. Hell hath no fury like what will rain down on them in a PR disaster if that happens. Too many big spender, nearly automatic LE buyers like myself bit on the over priced BM66 amid promises of catching the code up quickly, and nothing would guarantee the catastrophic loss of our customer base than releasing a new Lyman coded game before BM66 is "significantly" further along. Surely, Stern knows that and the fact that it would be goodbye to any future hope of SLE sales. In fact, I dare them to do it, I triple dog dare them! (skipping the usual double dog protocols, of course).

100% agree. However I feel that the end of Stern has already started. On top of everything else now ghosting, cracked inserts and chipped clear are acceptable? I'm curious to see what the SW topper will look like. Is it just me or did Stern totally steal the concept of Laseriffic toppers with their BM66 design and triple the price? The ONLY thing saving their ass right now are the licensed themes they're securing. Time will tell.

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm just not sure where those requests are going to come from unless Stern mounts an active marketing campaign ("Holy Bat-Code pinball fans! The game is complete! Good things come to those who wait, Robin!")

This is actually a great idea! Hence why Stern will never do this.

1 week later
#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have mine pitched just off the middle towards the top line adds a little more speed on the game.
The ramps and orbits shoot super fast with a little more pitch

THIS!

#3883 6 years ago

I just wish Stern would make public statements regarding code updates etc for all machines in need of it. Just a general outline of what's coming in the future. No concrete deadlines etc. They're a fucking pinball company not the CIA!

#3945 6 years ago

I grew up with the Christopher Reeve Supermans and love them. If true this could be a tough machine to say no to.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very, very glad my AFMRLE showed up yesterday....

Sweet have fun!!

#4018 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The crane bash toy on mine isn't registering hits as well as it used to. Any tips on improving the sensitivity of it? Thanks.

THIS! Any help on this would be great. Its gets a little annoying at times.

#4086 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Okay....my ramp is on a UPS truck, coin door , shooter assembly, lockdown bar at the powdercoat shop......
If this doesnt cause a code drop Thursday, I dont know what will!!!!...

The newly designed left ramp?

#4098 6 years ago

What happened with your old topper? I musta missed it.

#4109 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On a positive note, I got a call off Pat yesterday at Stern with a date for my BM66 playfield replacement, the playfield should be built/complete this Saturday so hopefully shipped to me direct next week

What was wrong with your playfield that you needed a new one? Btw thanks for the graph Manimal! I spit my drink out from laughing so hard.

#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

On the SLE, the bat signal lights up when the phone is ringing.

Same for PRE.

#4116 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

couple of guys with LE's in the UK got machines with premium play fields, unsigned... taken a stupid amount of time to be resolved in my view. Of the 4/5 LE's that were shipped to the UK I was one of the lucky ones were my play field was LE and signed! Still waiting for my disty to tell me what Stern are going to do about my ghosting ghostbusters though...
Cheers,
Neil.

Thanks Neil! Btw great interview on Kaneda's podcast. Enjoyed your insight.

#4119 6 years ago

Awesome! Glad to hear Stern is making it right.

#4166 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok rant over. Didn't mean to dump on club thread
Time to start drinking. It might be easier to take watching my house float away tonight
Harvey path is going bullseye straight over my house in Port Aransas, just north of Corpus. Wtf!

Dude be safe and hope you and your family make it through alright. This storm looks bad.

#4189 6 years ago

Am I the only one who finds the one colored and one chrome wireform kinda off balanced or unfinished looking? I'm of the mindset that I either want both colored or both chrome. Maybe one red and one blue. Am I weird?

#4191 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

That's how I think also. Was it available in green. Since it is a question mark kinda shape

Nope. LE owners got the red one and SLE owners got the blue.

#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How would the powdercoat hold up with the VUK ?

Great question. That right loop takes a beating for sure.

#4224 6 years ago

Hey Ice! Did u make it thru Harvey in one piece?

#4239 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The Bat Computer is predicting today.....

Sure hope you know something we don't!

#4253 6 years ago

Stern keeps them coming because of the licenses they're able to get. Each new release bring out the newbies who are green as grass when it comes to Stern's shenanigans. I'm telling ya Stern is gonna milk this resurgence for every dollar and then they're gone. They have to crank out a shit load of machines to cover their overhead, costs etc to make a profit. Some smaller companies might stick around as they aren't forced to sell the huge amount that Stern has to.

#4256 6 years ago

I'm sure on Zach's first day he was shown how to ban customers from their FB page.

#4268 6 years ago

If Stern doesn't drop code by expo there's gonna be a shit storm for them to deal with.

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Nice...very tastefully done

Agree. I have most of the same mods. I did put spotlights on top of each sling. It's not a cure all but does help brighten up the playfield. On a side note I wonder what's taking so long to get speaker light kits for Spike 2? I've seen their prototype a few months ago. Was hoping they'd be released by now.

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

Interested!!

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm trying to cover all of the angles so the early adopters aren't stuck with an inferior or incomplete product. I have made changes and improvements to my current light kits in the past 4+ years, but the basic design, components and wiring has remain unchanged. Having things well thought out and uniform has made it so all of my light kits have been compatible with other mods that have been released since then (ColorDMD, TRON LED light mod PCB, under-cabinet kits, ect...). If I were in it for the quick buck I would be listing my current light kits for Batman / Aerosmith / Star Wars...as they do work (as pictured above and elsewhere on this thread). There was a buyer that even showed me how they could be mounted (in a creative way) and the current light kit wouldn't need any modifications at all to be mounted in SPIKE 2 games. I just wasn't a fan of that look (especially with those bars over the lit speaker holes) so I am taking the time to do the Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games the best that I can. There have been many holdups and delays and I am still testing, getting quotes, comparing products and weighing price / feature options.
I know it has nearly been a year since Batman was first shown off, but I hope people can be patient while the designing, testing and fine tuning can be done. This is a completely new and more complicated speaker panel than the ones that Stern have use in the past. Any changes Stern has made since my Speaker Light Kits were first released has normally been tackled in a timely manor (before the game in question was even shipping). Coming up with a new design for a speaker panel that is so different isn't as easy as just buying someone else's product and cheaply copying it (as many have done with my product in the past) and I want to make sure all things are taken into account before releasing them.
So the update is, they are being worked on and are progressing. I'm not a fan of announcing products or taking pre-orders before there is a product to sell. That is why you haven't seen or heard many updates from me. They are coming and when they are ready they will be announced, listed for sale and available to ship to customers then. Speaker Light Kits is all I sell, so you can believe they are coming and I am doing my best to get a well made product to the people that want them as soon as I can.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com) The Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kit.

I was hoping you'd see my post. Thanks very much for the reply and update.

#4371 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There seems to be enough interest in the bat symbol speaker grill mod so I'll go ahead and order some parts to make more. Will probably take a week or two to get the laser cut plastics made. I will post on update when they are ready.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!

#4432 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was about to post something very similar. I agree that BM66 is overpriced but at the same time the BOM on it is definitely higher than a recent Stern pro.
The crane mech was streamlined a bit from BDK to BM66 but its still quite a complicated mechanism. Also the rotisserie has a lot going on with it as well with the physical ball lock, batcomputers, mini LCD, batmobile spinning platform, atomic pile, batphone toy and targets. Also throw in the center playfield magnet and custom callouts by Adam and Burt (not cheap), cpntrolled diverter gate, spinner, lock down bar gadget button, playfield slide supports, steel ramps and wireforms, VUK, main LCD, 20 standup targets. Plus don't forget Joe Kaminkows piece of the profit pie for the BM66 license. No way this is same cost as a regular pro model game.
Its kinda like people originally saying TNA should be a cheap game to build. Once you look under the playfield and see all thats there you realize its not as simple electrically or mechanically as it looks at first glance.
Saying BM66 is same manuf cost as aero pro or TWD pro is just incorrect.

Excellent post Doc! Puts it in perspective when you see the list of stuff going on in BM66.

#4450 6 years ago

I added spotlights to the sling tops a while ago. Recently I've been trying to find the brightest bulbs I can to help brighten up the playfield. I added Comets Op-Max. They seemed better than what I was using but I still wasn't 100% satisfied. On a whim I decided to take off the diffused lens and holy crap what a difference! The light reaches all the way to the back of the playfield. Not sure if the Comet 1 Watt is brighter but I'm more than happy with the results. With the lens off they are very low profile so you don't see them from a player's perspective. You can see in the video how far the light reaches. The crane, Villain Vision and even the back left building are being lit. It might look too bright by the spots but that's just over exposure from my phone. Just wanted to share my results for anyone dealing with the same issue.

#4473 6 years ago

Will these be available in chrome finish and if so will it match the right in appearance?

#4499 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this after-market ramp that's being worked on to replace the current ramp that has the clear plastic to keep the ball on the rails?

Yes! Don't worry there will be enough of us buying this ramp to help you out should you need it.

#4547 6 years ago

Looks great Yelobird! Wonder how Doc is doing modifying his Batsignal for the topper?

#4557 6 years ago

All I gotta say is the next update better be at least 1.00.

#4559 6 years ago

I think you're referring to the plastic guard over the left ramp. It's there to prevent airballs from flying off the ramp. It's supposed to look unfinished and "float". A couple members are working on a completely new wireform to replace Stern's flappy plastic alternative.

#4566 6 years ago

Yes you're fine. All the Batman 66 machines are like that. Welcome to the new age of Stern cost cutting. A small piece of double sided tape will help.

#4576 6 years ago

Zdoor looks fantastic!! Well done!! The black flippers with yellow bands looks sweet!!

#4589 6 years ago

You couldn't have made a better decision than to cancel your SW for an AFMR. CGC did one helluva job on that one. Enjoy your birthday!

#4619 6 years ago

Superb Doc!

#4686 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Why is it so quite here today so far? Is everyone busy at work, or in deep meditation hoping not to jinx an update.

Because we all know no code will drop again this week.

#4744 6 years ago

Crazing doesn't bother me at all. Now ghosting, that's not acceptable IMO. If you do decide to buy a NIB BM66 please wait until after the next major (hopefully) code update. That way Stern will see proof that code support really does matter to its customers.

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am glad you have the Batman 66 machine . Great . But you did not really answer my question . (Does your machine have a " Crazing" issue ????) I do agree Ghosting on any machine New or old sucks as the insert will chip away at some point .

No crazing so far on my BM66. However I do have a playfield protector on. Only crazed insert on my KISS is the arrow on the top of the shooter lane where the ball could drop during a soft plunge. Really seems to be a crap shoot with NIB purchases regardless of the manufacturer. Sucks I know considering what these things are costing.

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's all I need to hear Dave, I'll happily wait for your reveal.
I will drop you a pm shortly as I'd rather buy everything at once from you, saves me the cost of shipping multiple packages

I was going to do the same but noticed the shipping was already included in the price. So I just went ahead and orders the Sewer Mag Cover.

Oops never mind! I just realized you're outside the USA.

#4795 6 years ago

I was going to buy the colored nuts for BM66 but there's too many phillips head screws on the lower plastics to bother. The 8/32 are the larger nuts usually used to secure wireforms.

#4802 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many days are we up to since the last code drop?

Not sure the exact days but its been 4 long months.

#4849 6 years ago

Villain cars look great! Not sure what I want to mount on the plate with my lighted Batmobile. Not sure I want to use the Batboat. Any suggestions?

#4853 6 years ago

I like the villain cars also. However I'm pretty sure they are 1/64 and not part of the 1/50 series.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
960 posts in this topic match your search for posts by thundergod76. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=thundergod76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.