IMG_2335 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240413_070009_Gmail (resized).jpg
Hall (resized).png
4 Versions (resized).png
20240324_150535 (resized).jpg
20240324_144941 (resized).jpg
IMG_0243 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,715 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 375.
#3051 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same here. Thinking of taking it out also, but that scoop cops a beating.

I used Mylar for ~500 games at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo and it was fine. Going back to Mylar.

#3052 7 years ago

Someone local to cliffy needs to get him this game.

Cliff said he'll redesign the scoop cliffy, but he needs the physical game in order to do it.

#3053 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Clarity on beacon....got mine and installed on my LE today...took 10 minutes...Molex was there...interacts fine ( on during attract mode, only cycles w batphone during gameplay...very neat).

Doeas the batsignal have a focus adjustment on it so you can get a crisp sharp image regardless of your projection distance?

#3054 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doeas the batsignal have a focus adjustment on it so you can get a crisp sharp image regardless of your projection distance?

I just received mine and haven't set it up yet, but according to the directions, yes there is an adjustment for focus.

#3055 7 years ago

I got a Cliffy scoop protector from him this Year at PAGG!!! Works fine on my LEHe also told me he would like some time with a pin for measurements!!

#3056 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I put the cliffy protector in the scoop.
I got a ton of rejects.
I'm taking the cliffy protector out of the scoop.

Had to take same type cliffy out of INDY500

Way to many rejects

I'm going to put the self adhesive felt down along the border

Works great in shooter lane too

#3057 7 years ago

There is a Kijiji ad here in Canada that appears to feature a different version of the game...

Maybe the art package features what goes on in the Batcave after hours...?

000-pins (resized).jpg000-pins (resized).jpg

#3058 7 years ago

Any news on a code update?

I'm at work all next week so I would be happy if Lyman added another 2 weeks of content and code to BM66 before a drop, just hope the next update adds minor Villians of villain vision literally having the joker, riddler, penguin and co. taunting me and hearing their iconic laughs will be game changing for me.

#3059 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any news on a code update?
I'm at work all next week so I would be happy if Lyman added another 2 weeks of content and code to BM66 before a drop, just hope the next update adds minor Villians of villain vision literally having the joker, toddler, penguin and co. taunting me and hearing their iconic laughs will be game changing for me.

I somehow missed The Toddler watching the show as a kid. Sounds like the most dangerous of all the villains. Only cares about himself and freaks out at the drop of a hat...

#3061 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I somehow missed The Toddler watching the show as a kid. Sounds like the most dangerous of all the villains. Only cares about himself and freaks out at the drop of a hat...

He was the vicious one.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#3062 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha that's probably the best auto correct my phone has ever done.

Well at least it wasn't a spelling error on the playfields

#3063 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Sorry, just got on here.....yes, actually has an optical lens that can be focused properly by sliding the tube assembly.

My ceiling is low (8'), so image is oblong, but focuses nicely ( sharp bat lines, sort border edges, but remember it's only a $200.00 projector...perfect for application imho). I've moved the image around to get proper border shape...focuses fine, but my lineup doesn't allow me to put it where I'd really like it...on the side wall. Looks great, however. For those with tall ( 10') ceilings, you'll have more aiming options. Very nice effect to enhance the Batphone.

#3064 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry, just got on here.....yes, actually has an optical lens that can be focused properly by sliding the tube assembly.
My ceiling is low (8'), so image is oblong, but focuses nicely ( sharp bat lines, sort border edges, but remember it's only a $200.00 projector...perfect for application imho). I've moved the image around to get proper border shape...focuses fine, but my lineup doesn't allow me to put it where I'd really like it...on the side wall. Looks great, however. For those with tall ( 10') ceilings, you'll have more aiming options. Very nice effect to enhance the Batphone.

So for those that have the game controlled mini bat-signal in the back right corner of the playfield, does the topper projector come on/off the same time that one does?

#3065 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So for those that have the game controlled mini bat-signal in the back right corner of the playfield, does the topper projector come on/off the same time that one does?

Didn't before, but mostly does now.

#3066 7 years ago

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. They only provide instructions for installing the beacon WITHOUT the PRE topper. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.

-If you have the PRE topper already installed without the beacon you'll need to disconnect and remove it.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it. Notice the 8 extra threaded studs. Your beacon boards will attach to these.
-Next you need to remove the beacon, box, both boards and wiring from the base its mounted to. Set this base aside. You don't
need it.
-Transfer and install these parts to the base of the topper including all nuts and standoffs. Make sure to feed wires through hole. Also makes sure the cutout in the box is facing the front of the backbox. You don't want to pinch any wires.
-Secure the beacon with the 2 nuts you removed in step 2.
-Feed wires through backbox access hole and secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.
-Connect topper to CN6 on the power distribution board.
-Connect RJ45 of the beacon to CN12 of the CPU.
-Plug the power connector with the gray and black wires to CN7 of the power distribution board.
-Dress the wires with existing clamps.

You don't need the base the beacon comes with but you need the connections. Beacon has focus adjustment. Still have no clue where the supposed option to turn the Bat signal on in the menu is. Signal is static during attract mode. Turns off at gameplay start and only lights static when the Bat phone is flashing. I'm going to contact Chas tomorrow and ask about the menu option. Also tell him that they NEED to include instructions for mounting the beacon to the new PRE topper. They can't really expect a first time owner to figure this out.

#3067 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Absolutely negative!!!

Topper beacon on full time in attract mode ( mini ones interact w different settings)

Topper beacon goes out immediately at the beginning of a game, and ONLY comes on with Batphone. Mini and backboard come on at different times....

#3068 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't before, but mostly does now.

Nope

#3069 7 years ago

Nope what? Before it wasn't synced to the batsignal in the back at all, and only was on in attract mode. It DOES come on during the game, but nowhere near as much as it should.

#3070 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.
-If you have the PRE topper already installed without the beacon you'll need to disconnect and remove it.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it.
-Next you need to remove the beacon, box, both boards and wiring from the base its mounted to. Set this base aside. You don't
need it.
-Transfer and install these parts to the base of the topper including all nuts and standoffs. Make sure to feed wires through hole. Also makes sure the cutout in the box is facing the front of the backbox. You don't want to pinch any wires.
-Secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.
-Plug the power connector with the gray and black wires to CN7 of the power distribution board.
You don't need the base the beacon comes with but you need the connections. Beacon has focus adjustment. Still have no clue where the supposed option to turn the Bat signal on in the menu is. Signal is static during attract mode. Turns off at gameplay start and only lights static when the Bat phone is flashing. I'm going to contact Chas tomorrow and ask about the menu option. Also tell him that they NEED to include instructions for mounting the beacon to the new PRE topper. They can't really expect a first time owner to figure this out.

Wow...good job!!!.....glad it fits...how does it look w the pre topper? A pic would be cool....

#3071 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope what? Before it wasn't synced to the batsignal in the back at all, and only was on in attract mode. It DOES come on during the game, but nowhere near as much as it should.

"Nope" in reference to Docs question regarding if it comes on at the same time as the mini beacon. Topper unit cycles w Batphone...

#3072 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...good job!!!.....glad it fits...how does it look w the pre topper? A pic would be cool....

It does look cool!! However I'm gonna have to send this one back for another. There's a scratch on the inner lens. Small but very noticeable on the wall. See second pic. I can't seem to win with this thing.

IMAG0454 (resized).jpgIMAG0454 (resized).jpg

IMAG0453 (resized).jpgIMAG0453 (resized).jpg

IMAG0455 (resized).jpgIMAG0455 (resized).jpg

#3073 7 years ago

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it. Notice the 8 extra threaded studs. Your beacon boards will attach to these.
need it.
-Secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.

Wow it sounds so intuitive.

For the price of these you'd think it wouldnt be too much to ask for some proper documentation to put it together.

Maybe Stern will give you a free topper for creating install documentation for them.

They should have sold the premium topper in 2 flavors: one with the beacon pre installed and one without it. A little more work from them up front but less work than fielding numerous phone calls from confused and frustrated customers trying to put it together.

The beacon does look very cool though all lit up.

#3074 7 years ago

It does look cool!! However I'm gonna have to send this one back for another. There's a scratch on the inner lens. Small but very noticeable on the wall. See second pic. I can't seem to win with this thing.

I wish they hadn't mixed modern and original batman logos through the machine. It's jarring to see the newer style on the topper and the original style on the wall projection.

#3075 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"Nope" in reference to Docs question regarding if it comes on at the same time as the mini beacon. Topper unit cycles w Batphone...

I was wondering if they were using the same signal line to activate the big beacon and the smaller on. Sounds like they are independent of one another.

I saw this bat signal that comes out next week. It looks like its about the same size at about 5 inches tall and projects up to 20 ft away. You would need to chage the lens to the tv style and it doesnt appear to have a focus adjustment buts its 1/8 the price of the Stern version.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/batman-running-press/1125366440?ean=9780762462162

DCL48276lg (resized).jpgDCL48276lg (resized).jpg

51cGU2vsByL._SY362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg51cGU2vsByL._SY362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg

#3076 7 years ago

So has anyone found a speaker light kit that works with the newer spike lcd speaker panels yet?

#3077 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I saw this bat signal that comes out next week. It looks like its about the same size at about 5 inches tall and projects up to 20 ft away. You would need to chage the lens to the tv style and it doesnt appear to have a focus adjustment buts its 1/8 the price of the Stern version.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/batman-running-press/1125366440?ean=9780762462162

Now you're thinking. $25 is more than enough to pay for a pinball accoutrement.

I'm sure it could be wired into something in the machine ... or else just wire it up so it runs all the time.

rd

#3078 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was wondering if they were using the same signal line to activate the big beacon and the smaller on. Sounds like they are independent of one another.

I think in this case youll have a hard time making that one work. The focusing optic is crucial for focus, and minimal room to pivot assembly. The beam is also quite beacon like w soft projected borders....good luck, however...anxious to see how it turns out...

#3079 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish they hadn't mixed modern and original batman logos through the machine. It's jarring to see the newer style on the topper and the original style on the wall projection.

Newer style logo on the topper? I can think of at least 3 different logos used on the show. Batman's costume, Batmobile and Bat signal logos. All are from '66. I'm ok with it.

#3080 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So has anyone found a speaker light kit that works with the newer spike lcd speaker panels yet?

Over in the Aerosmith mods thread Mezel Mods posted a video of their prototype speaker light kits. I'm sure this will work on BM66 since the platforms and designs are identical. Will be full color changing RGB. Looks great!

#3081 7 years ago

Sadly, I think the topper for the Premium looks like a mess. Especially with the Batsignal added on. Between the translite, topper and Batsignsl there are three versions of the logo in the span of a few inches. And the villain art is too repeative of what is on the translite. It's like it was designed in a vacuum without even considering how it would look on the game. And by giving the minor villains the same stature as the main four it will make it even more noticeable if they aren't added to the game in a big way.

Are there individual lights in the topper behind each villain so they could light up when they are active or have been defeated? Curious as to just how "interactive" the topper will be (not that the LE/SLE topper does that much, though Lyman should at least make it active in Bat Turn mode).

#3082 7 years ago

Over in the Aerosmith mods thread Mezel Mods posted a video of their prototype speaker light kits. I'm sure this will work on BM66 since the platforms and designs are identical. Will be full color changing RGB. Looks great!
» YouTube video

To each his own but I can never understand why people want to drag the eye's attention to an area where NOTHING is going on...the speakers. To me lighting them up just makes for an ugly distraction from the actual art on the machine and simply puts a cheap glare all over the glass. The best effect you''ll get is the color changing routine you see on every cheap Chinese toy.

Just say "enough"... ok rant over

#3083 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sadly, I think the topper for the Premium looks like a mess. Especially with the Batsignal added on. Between the translite, topper and Batsignsl there are three versions of the logo in the span of a few inches. And the villain art is too repeative of what is on the translite. It's like it was designed in a vacuum without even considering how it would look on the game. And by giving the minor villains the same stature as the main four it will make it even more noticeable if they aren't added to the game in a big way.
Are there individual lights in the topper behind each villain so they could light up when they are active or have been defeated? Curious as to just how "interactive" the topper will be (not that the LE/SLE topper does that much, though Lyman should at least make it active in Bat Turn mode).

Sad to say I absolutely agree with you 100%. The topper has zero interaction with the game. It just lights up and stays static. I thought at least something would flash in attract mode but nothing. I thought maybe each villain would flash during their corresponding modes but nothing. Its essentially a $400 nightlight. The logos don't bother me as they're all '66 related. But this is such a dream theme for me and I'm already in so deep with it that the topper and beacon are no brainers for me. Its a shame because Stern knows they can skimp all day on this stuff and we will still buy it.

#3084 7 years ago

Newer style logo on the topper? I can think of at least 3 different logos used on the show. Batman's costume, Batmobile and Bat signal logos. All are from '66. I'm ok with it.

I think the premium topper bat logo was chosen to match Batma's chest emblem. On the SLE speaker panel they also used that similar style.

Since the topper represents the Gotham skyline at night, the actual bat signal logo style might have been more appropriate then the chest emblem style.

rps20170629_081434 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081434 (resized).jpg

rps20170629_081419 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081419 (resized).jpg

rps20170629_081853 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081853 (resized).jpg

#3085 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To each his own but I can never understand why people want to drag the eye's attention to an area where NOTHING is going on...the speakers. To me lighting them up just makes for an ugly distraction from the actual art on the machine and simply puts a cheap glare all over the glass. The best effect you''ll get is the color changing routine you see on every cheap Chinese toy.

Totally get where you're coming from. But you can dim them and have a slow transition of color so they're not so distracting. I have them on my KISS and they don't bother me at all. It's a nice way to dress up two large boring black squares staring at you IMO.

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Point taken and also disagreed with.
I tie my speakers into game interactive undercabs and backboxes and it creates and immersive experience imo- esp in a dim/dark room.

#3087 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are all classic 66 logos, for some reason in the tv show they didn't use a single logo like the burton films did.

Adam wests Bat suit chest emblemIMG_3380 (resized).JPGIMG_3380 (resized).JPG

66 Batmobile used on the doors and alloy centre capsIMG_3381 (resized).JPGIMG_3381 (resized).JPG

BatsignalIMG_3384 (resized).JPGIMG_3384 (resized).JPGl

#3088 7 years ago

Just spoke to Chas. He said the beacon should turn on and off during gameplay but there's no software adjustment for it yet. Suggested leaving it off for the time being by unplugging it. Also said my instructions above are correct and will make things clearer for installation in the future.

#3089 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They are all classic 66 logos, for some reason in the tv show they didn't use a single logo like the burton films did.
Adam wests Bat suit chest emblem
66 Batmobile used on the doors and alloy centre caps
Batsignall

I guess I didn't notice the variance in the original show. Looking online, the utility belt has ANOTHER completely different bat-logo.

#3090 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess I didn't notice the variance in the original show. Looking online, the utility belt has ANOTHER completely different bat-logo.

Definitely. I'm just so glad that at least Stern got the Batsignal image correct on the beacon.

#3091 7 years ago

Definitely. I'm just so glad that at least Stern got the Batsignal image correct on the beacon.

It is wrong on the mini-beacon in the back corner of the game, I had to swap it out.

#3092 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is wrong on the mini-beacon in the back corner of the game, I had to swap it out.

Yep. I bought one of Doc's. He did an awesome job on it!

#3093 7 years ago

So what's the over/under for a code drop today? It's about 3:30 central right now, so I figure we've got maybe a 3 hour window left if it's coming today. Fingers crossed.......

#3094 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

So what's the over/under for a code drop today? It's about 3:30 central right now, so I figure we've got maybe a 3 hour window left if it's coming today. Fingers crossed.......

Today seems certain, unless they've just given up all pretense of caring about getting Batman '66 to 1.00. If they miss today, next week will put then into the 40 day range since a Gomez Drop, which will be the most ever, by far.

#3095 7 years ago

I just wanted to get some fellow "pinsider's" opinions....When and/or if do you think Stern will make a Pro model of BM66?

#3096 7 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I just wanted to get some fellow "pinsider's" opinions....When and/or if do you think Stern will make a Pro model of BM66?

That's likely never. This is a joint production with Kapow, so there are extra costs, which is why they basically called a Pro a premium already and raised the price. Gotta pay Kapow.

#3097 7 years ago

Playfield and relevant toys (not additional hotwheels stuff) are identical on Premium, LE and Super LE... so "technically" the Premium cannot be a Pro, since a Pro is "stripped" down (Stern policy).

And yes - I think it was clearly stated: BM 66 is an exception... celebrating 30 years of Stern Pinball - no Pro, but a Super LE.

#3098 7 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I agree with Vireland, we're not likely going to see a pro. Now, let's say Lyman hits the code out of the park in a late update a year or so down the road after the current production is over and the game gets a bit of a cult following where demand is higher than supply, similar to what happened with the original IM run, perhaps there could be a future vault edition, but it would probably carry premium pricing anyway and be several years in the future. Something along those lines possibly.

#3099 7 years ago

no-code (resized).jpgno-code (resized).jpg

#3100 7 years ago

Losing hope on a pre-holiday code drop

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 34.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,715 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 375.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.