New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,331 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16331 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 327.
#4651 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks nice. I think that set was a comicon exclusive a few years ago.

Yeah that's the one Doc, SDCC I believe, they are the same scale as the ones on the SLE. Not 100% sure the Batmobile will go on the spinner mech, I hope it does.

I had never seen Batgirls Batcycle before though so I guess it's exclusive to this set, I have been watching a couple on eBay for a while but they are ridiculously priced stumbled across this one at a great price and it was already in the UK which was a bonus no shipping and 20% import.

#4652 3 years ago

Posted in other thread.....Matt is shipping me the wireform back tomorrow, will be here for me to install and start testing this weekend!!!

Picking up my fresh powder coated coindoor and shooter assembly Friday. Is this a sign?!? Code Thursday!?!? I'm liking our chances this week!!!.....

#4653 3 years ago

Also just saw on FB....Stern posted today is Adam West Day!!! The stars are finally lining up....

#4654 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Posted in other thread.....Matt is shipping me the wireform back tomorrow, will be here for me to install and start testing this weekend!!!
Picking up my fresh powder coated coindoor and shooter assembly Friday. Is this a sign?!? Code Thursday!?!? I'm liking our chances this week!!!.....

Can you take video of the ramp in action?

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Also just saw on FB....Stern posted today is Adam West Day!!! The stars are finally lining up....

I saw that and thought about asking about the code but decided against it because I've heard they are aggressive about blocking commenters...on reflection, I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I saw that and thought about asking about the code but decided against it because I've heard they are aggressive about blocking commenters...on reflection, I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

No worries...I asked...twice.....suggested " this means a major code drop on Thursday? Batman would approve "

#4657 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you take video of the ramp in action?

I will. Should have clarified I should have the wireform on Friday, so can get it installed on Saturday.

My plastic flap will be off, so very anxious to see it in action.....

I'll take some pics on install, then set up for some video action...

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Maybe code is coming sooner than later. Over the last week Stern had had a couple facebook posts referencing Batman66. I wasn't sure why since it just opens the door for people to respond with "Where's the code Stern?" So maybe something us coming soon and they are trying to start putting the game back on peoples radar.

Surprisingly there are a few snarky code comments that people have left in there that Stern didn't delete. Maybe Zach has convinced his bosses to do social media the right way. Or maybe there were much worse comments that did get deleted? Who knows. Some of them are funny.

rps20170919_231046 (resized).jpg
rps20170919_231013 (resized).jpg
rps20170919_230906 (resized).jpg
rps20170919_230941 (resized).jpg
rps20170919_231118 (resized).jpg

Batman66 code complaints have even made it to Frachis facebook as well where he teases his new Stern game reveal at expo. So maybe the percentage of disgruntled stern buyers is getting bigger.

rps20170919_231231 (resized).jpg

#4659 3 years ago

I've posted several times inquiring about code....no problems yet

#4660 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've posted several times inquiring about code....no problems yet

Some of those comments go beyond inquiry and are more of a jab at Stern. I'm glad to see they didnt get deleted.

#4661 3 years ago

Can anybody tell me what type of pins and the orientation of them for the left ramp switch??

#4662 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Can anybody tell me what type of pins and the orientation of them for the left ramp switch??

While your on the subject of the left ramp switch, would it be possible to mount the existing ramp gate to your new ramp? To keep it looking similar to the right ramp.

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Pm sent....just woke up for work and saw this...

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While your on the subject of the left ramp switch, would it be possible to mount the existing ramp gate to your new ramp? To keep it looking similar to the right ramp.

Right ramp uses opto, not a gate...pic of left switch connector...already sent to Matt

20170920_075627 (resized).jpg

#4665 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Right ramp uses opto, not a gate...pic of left switch connector...already sent to Matt

Shows how little I've actually played my LE the last couple months.

#4666 3 years ago

I've ordered some sample colors of colored lexan , as I'm thinking about replacing the right Clear with translucent light purple ( can't decide the color until I see it on the game...a lot of light blue around there too), then leaving a very small piece of translucent light red under the cat on the left ramp. Thinking it might look better than a flat piece of metal to attach to.

Should " balance" the look...but these are finishing touches....wireform is my priority...

#4667 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shows how little I've actually played my LE the last couple months.

You did have me scratching my head a bit......

#4668 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Some of those comments go beyond inquiry and are more of a jab at Stern. I'm glad to see they didnt get deleted.

Agreed....they've left some pretty aggressive ones on their main page, regarding a variety of issues. I may be naive, but always have gotten best results w problems with direct communication to the manufacturer ( leaving out the drama), voicing my concerns/ problems.

#4669 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....they've left some pretty aggressive ones on their main page, regarding a variety of issues. I may be naive, but always have gotten best results w problems with direct communication to the manufacturer ( leaving out the drama), voicing my concerns/ problems.

I left a message on Stern's facebook a few weeks back (someone even posted their reply here) and it was a non-reply. It was as vague as possible. Sometimes, even a little communication can go a long way. For example, what features are planned for the next code update. A window of time for when they are trying to get it done. Anything. But when you get "we're working hard and it's awesome" that tells you as much as you knew before they replied.

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I left a message on Stern's facebook a few weeks back (someone even posted their reply here) and it was a non-reply. It was as vague as possible. Sometimes, even a little communication can go a long way. For example, what features are planned for the next code update. A window of time for when they are trying to get it done. Anything. But when you get "we're working hard and it's awesome" that tells you as much as you knew before they replied.

Agreed, but pitchforks here I believe even have less effect. We all know the challenges here...

#4671 3 years ago

Stern was hacked see link for details and how to safe guard your computer and identity.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hacked-do-not-open-invoice-emails-from-stern#post-3975943

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, but pitchforks here I believe even have less effect. We all know the challenges here...

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Attacking them is the wrong way to go about it. I never attacked them, and I didn't even make the implication that it was the way to go, so we're on the same page there. I just think that ANY information they could give to customers who have paid close to $10k or more is deserved for something like this. It's not like incomplete code nearly a year after release is an industry standard for pinball (is it? I honestly don't know - if so, I take it all back).

Also..."we all know the challenges here"? Are you sure you don't work for Stern?

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Also..."we all know the challenges here"? Are you sure you don't work for Stern?

Ha.....not a chance in this world.....I have enough problems w my company.....

My reference w " we all know the challenges here" simply refers to the points that have been beaten to death...new facility, questionable quality on some fronts, incomplete code, and very poor communication.

What we don't know is how/ if they plan to address. I REALLY hope this code drops tomorrow....the window for rebuilding credibility is closing fast. I'm sure they're aware. Hopefully, they really want to provide a superior product, and will right the ship.

We all know what is lined with " good intentions", however. Seems " Goliath" ( Stern) can fall victim just as " David" Heighway, just moving the situation and decimal point a bit.......

#4674 3 years ago

As a heads up...I'll be moving the wireform process to the correct thread, as it will have a lot of boring ( for some) stuff in it. Will leave this thread open for code updates, and any other cool BM stuff...mark

#4675 3 years ago

Every little cluster of posts excites me a little bit. Code update blues.

#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every little cluster of posts excites me a little bit. Code update blues.

It's coming tomorrow dammit ( I have no idea, but it really should!!)

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As a heads up...I'll be moving the wireform process to the correct thread, as it will have a lot of boring ( for some) stuff in it. Will leave this thread open for code updates, and any other cool BM stuff...mark

Could you drop a link in here though Mark? I seem to be struggling to find the wireform thread in my active threads list.. thanks.

#4678 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every little cluster of posts excites me a little bit.

Then here ya go!

s-l225 (resized).jpg

#4679 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could you drop a link in here though Mark? I seem to be struggling to find the wireform thread in my active threads list.. thanks.

Think he's referring to my original plea for wireform help. If so, ill re-name it and link to the bottom of the thread when he starts posting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made

#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think he's referring to my original plea for wireform help. If so ill re-name it and link to the bottom of the thread when he starts posting.

That's the one, cooked...thanks...mark

#4681 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then here ya go!

And a fine cluster they are!!!

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's the one, cooked...thanks...mark

Done

#4683 3 years ago

So is today the day?

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

So is today the day?

Given my history of getting all hopeful for nothing, I'd say:

not so good (resized).png

#4685 3 years ago

Why is it so quite here today so far? Is everyone busy at work, or in deep meditation hoping not to jinx an update.

#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Why is it so quite here today so far? Is everyone busy at work, or in deep meditation hoping not to jinx an update.

Because we all know no code will drop again this week.

#4687 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Because we all know no code will drop again this week.

Good call, I see now that I missed a third option......."Lamentations and sorrow."

#4688 3 years ago

ok who’s the desperate pinsider trying to hack stern looking for batman code?!

#4689 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ok who’s the desperate pinsider trying to hack stern looking for batman code?!

can't hack what's not been written.........OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but really

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

can't hack what's not been written.

Well done sir.

#4691 3 years ago

Some bust i have been working on. i have something very special for cat women. But will not finish it until after Chicago expo.

20170921_154742 (resized).jpg

20170921_154802 (resized).jpg

20170921_154732 (resized).jpg

20170915_153939 (resized).jpg

#4692 3 years ago

Coolest batman mod I have seen yet.

1976d41c7ccc7458e0a3abca9529e88c30e1fd8d (resized).jpg

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow, that would be cool to include

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where did you come across that?

#4695 3 years ago

It is a repainted Hot Wheels.

imageproxy (resized).jpg

imageproxy (1) (resized).jpg

#4696 3 years ago

Another Thursday bites the dust.....

#4697 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Another Thursday bites the dust.....

I have a feeling if they are preparing one or sitting on one, they will drop it right before Expo, like on the 4th, 5th or the 10th.

#4698 3 years ago

They basically MUST release whatever they have or it's going to be an extraordinarily uncomfortable Expo.

#4699 3 years ago

A recent rumor with some potential merit is no GOTG at expo, but instead a massive BM66 update.

#4700 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

A recent rumor with some potential merit is no GOTG at expo, but instead a massive BM66 update.

How good would that be!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
There are 16331 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside