Topic Stats

• 14,920 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by marksf123
  • Topic is favorited by 218 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,202 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CE2FD9D0-CD4B-4216-8568-C2D20A81D1CB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
FFC11977-042E-42A1-8114-FCB86656EBB4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14920 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 299.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It really lifts it. Maybe not so obvious in the pics, but I found those targets to be so dull and dark. This gives it a bit of life.
Will definitely try some other colours. Got an idea for the TV to use an ordinary globe socket making it easier to change.

So here's my tweak of the TV light. Looks heaps better IMO - more like factory. Plus it's easier to remove the TV, and you can change the globe. Using the same feed to a GI globe on the PF that I detailed earlier, I swapped the glued in fixed globe for a normal 555 wedge socket which fits perfectly under the TV and can be screwed in place using the existing screw that holds the LCD in place. I also used one of the small 2pin connectors for easy removal of the TV.

IMG_7020 (resized).JPG
IMG_7021 (resized).JPG
IMG_7023 (resized).JPG
IMG_7024 (resized).JPG

#1552 2 years ago

2 things ... got my Chris Franchi prints in and hung the movie poster size in the entrance to our theater. Looks really nice.

Also finally got my Mondo prints hung in my office in a stacked fashion - love them!!

20170210_211945 (resized).jpg20170210_114909 (resized).jpg20170210_211919 (resized).jpg

#1553 2 years ago

Just got playfield protector from Germany...
Damn it!! Already has dimple issues & haven't even played on it yet
I'll try to get some close up shots with the light hitting it just right...
Maybe with enough dimples it'll even out.

IMG_6646 (resized).JPG

#1554 2 years ago

Stop with the dimple talk!

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Just got playfield protector from Germany...
Damn it!! Already has dimple issues & haven't even played on it yet
I'll try to get some close up shots with the light hitting it just right...
Maybe with enough dimples it'll even out.

labnip you better order the protector for the box of the protector.

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

labnip you better order the protector for the box of the protector.

i might make a template for it, then ship it off for a company in japan to make & sell them for $260

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i might make a template for it, then ship it off for a company in japan to make & sell them for $260

LMAO!!!....those look deep...I believe the cardboard was not aged properly...dammit!!!

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LMAO!!!....those look deep...I believe the cardboard was not aged properly...dammit!!!

i'm going to flip it over and test to see if the underside dimples as easily as the top.
stay tuned for full pictorial update

#1559 2 years ago

Playfield protector installed today. Unless you know where to look, you can't tell it's there. Nice job on it. Apparently much easier to put on when you take the crane off the top. I can't think of any downside to using it, especially on a home game. And it looks so much nicer than it photographs - adds a very nice glasslike sheen to the PF.

Handful of games and already had clear issues at the shooter lane and by Riddler saucer, so stopped playing until the protector showed up. First game after it was installed (first ball even!). the Batmobile comes flying down the playfield. Locktite/glue no help ... no chance this will screw back on. Going to have to get a replacement.

The BDK cliffy is a perfect fit for the Penguin scoop.

IMG_2192 (resized).JPG
IMG_2194 (resized).JPG

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Playfield protector installed today. Unless you know where to look, you can't tell it's there. Nice job on it. Apparently much easier to put on when you take the crane off the top. I can't think of any downside to using it, especially on a home game. And it looks so much nicer than it photographs - adds a very nice glasslike sheen to the PF.
Handful of games and already had clear issues at the shooter lane and by Riddler saucer, so stopped playing until the protector showed up. First game after it was installed (first ball even!). the Batmobile comes flying down the playfield. Locktite/glue no help ... no chance this will screw back on. Going to have to get a replacement.

Same happened to me with the locktite. The locktite actually melts the plastic on the crap Hotwheels bat car and the whole thing fell off. Ended up bolting it on.

#1561 2 years ago

Does BTDK have the same Riddler hole?

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same happened to me with the locktite. The locktite actually melts the plastic on the crap Hotwheels bat car and the whole thing fell off. Ended up bolting it on.

I'm hoping one car I just ordered has a metal bottom. NFW my current car can be bolted/riveted back on - nothing left to grab. For now, no Batmobile in the Batcave ...

#1563 2 years ago

Has anyone played with audio or video out of the game to an external amp/monitor?

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

+1
It is the same set up acdc uses. Maybe some acdc owners can chime in on this issue.

I just used some dead bounce

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Has anyone had any problems with the ball bouncing out of the riddler eject hole before it can register? I've fine tuned everything else but this one is giving me problems. Has anyone found a fix for this?

My BDK used to do the same on a smooth fast shot into the saucer, if it was a super clean shot it would bounce out, from memory I used a couple of blue ramp pads I had spare, never touched it again after that.

Quoted from cooked71:

Does BTDK have the same Riddler hole?

From what I can tell yes, the saucer looks identical to BDK

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone played with audio or video out of the game to an external amp/monitor?

I don't like externals- but I did get the new specific spike 2 high output flipper fidelity kit and it sounds phenomenal. Worth every penny. So clean and deep and crisp.

#1567 2 years ago

$4 DIY speaker grill personal touch. I've fully embraced my fate as episode 98, the sport of penguins, Mario Lemieux edition. Gonna try some yellow head molding too eventually, possibly today.

IMG_0834.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG

#1568 2 years ago

Latest seizure warning draft. I think One more color iteration away from settling. This is already very well blended in person.

IMG_0833.JPG

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Latest seizure warning draft. I think One more color iteration away from settling. This is already very well blended in person.

Very well done sir!

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Playfield protector installed today.

jfh if you notice any slow down in play, you CAN wax these just like a PF. I did and mine got (almost too?) fast immediately.
Dozen plays later it slowed back to normal speed play - FYI FWIW

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Batbomb mod. (The redish orange led flickers like its on fire). Plan to paint the led wire white to match the fuse.

i think that mod went off under ice's game!

#1572 2 years ago

Purple undercab.

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

#1573 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the Hot Wheels Batcopter on their LE or Premium as yet?
If so can you give me some pointers on how you attached the wire to the copter?

#1574 2 years ago

If you haven't already done so, post your game details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

And don't forget to take the poll. I have quite a few more games documented than poll votes.

#1575 2 years ago

What pitch are people leveling their games at?

#1576 2 years ago

Steep. About 7

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I used E6000 adhesive to attach the Batmobile to the disc. Then loctite on screws to mount the disc to the game.

#1578 2 years ago

I just noticed today my crane does not move all the way over to the left position. I went into the test menu and I could not get the crane to move to far left in test either. It looked like that position in test was already highlighted like that opto was already triggered. I hope that opto is not bad. Any suggestions on how to fix it. I am going to update the code to the latest version and see if that fixes it.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I just noticed today my crane does not move all the way over to the left position. I went into the test menu and I could not get the crane to move to far left in test either. It looked like that position in test was already highlighted like that opto was already triggered. I hope that opto is not bad. Any suggestions on how to fix it. I am going to update the code to the latest version and see if that fixes it.

Have you checked to ensure there is no cable or wiring wrapped around the crane mech below playfield? If the mech detects any resistance maybe it stops itself from moving to the next position to avoid binding or damage.

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So i was digging around underneath the PF tonight, parts were shipped friday, was surveying the situation and the wires sheared off don't have anything to do with the mech as i follow them up to the front of the PF.
Probably why my flippers don't work.
So it won't just be popping out the table and fitting the new one in. I've called a local guy tech to get him involved. Need to get wiring harness replaced and run correctly!

you should be sending it back mate and getting a new one. There is no way I'd accept your situation.

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

2 things ... got my Chris Franchi prints in and hung the movie poster size in the entrance to our theater. Looks really nice.
Also finally got my Mondo prints hung in my office in a stacked fashion - love them!!

stunning mate absolutely stunning!

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you should be sending it back mate and getting a new one. There is no way I'd accept your situation.

Shouldn't be that difficult to fix for the tech.

I've got the parts, if I wasn't tipsy from the SA rodeo today and Sam Hunt, I might try it myself right now

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you checked to ensure there is no cable or wiring wrapped around the crane mech below playfield? If the mech detects any resistance maybe it stops itself from moving to the next position to avoid binding or damage.

The far left opto is in the closed staus all the time I tapped on the opto and it opened up but it goes back to the closed status after any vibration so that opto is either bad or has a cold solder joint on the board. I will request a new opto board on Monday. Their is a little arm that breaks the opto beam that can be adjusted on the crane. If anybuddy else is having trouble you can adjust that arm so it rests in between the beam on the optos.

Other than this the pin runs great out of the box. Clear coat looks great to. I ran my figures over the inserts and they are smooth as glass.

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Aww s**t!! I just put some blue Loctite on mine. Is it doomed for sure?

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Aww s**t!! I just put some blue Loctite on mine. Is it doomed for sure?

I got 1/2 way through one ball of play ...

#1586 2 years ago

I as well got the flipper fidelity Speaker set with the 8inch Woofer! Hooked up a powered sub-woofer with no results! Seems the "new" Spike 2 headphone mod with mute does'nt work,so,no Bass came out of the outlet!

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got 1/2 through one ball of play ...

Yep after about an hour the screw holes were already getting too big to hold. I cleaned loctite off and jammed some larger hex screws in for the time being. I think the newer machines have the Batmobile secured with rivets if I'm not mistaken?

#1588 2 years ago

Wife bought me Batman and when he wants to play his own pinball game, smart men step aside.

20170212_095707_resized_1 (resized).png

#1589 2 years ago

I have attached one of the black collapsible cup holders to my machine. I thought that was the most appropriate style, because I want to create a sticker for the face.

I was thinking something like "Bat Drink Containment Device", but the font would be too small to read. My daughter suggested "Bat Beverage Berth".

Anyone have any good Bat gadget names for a cup holder they would like to share?

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have attached one of the black collapsible cup holders to my machine. I thought that was the most appropriate style, because I want to create a sticker for the face.
I was thinking something like "Bat Drink Containment Device", but the font would be too small to read. My daughter suggested "Bat Beverage Berth".
Anyone have any good Bat gadget names for a cup holder they would like to share?

Just ditch the "Containment" ?

#1592 2 years ago

Batman doesn't drink alcohol.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But he can buy me one.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Wife bought me Batman and when he wants to play his own pinball game, smart men step aside.

Lol. Didn't know Batman was so short.

Had to do a double take on that. At first I thought it was your kid dressed up as Batman, then I thought maybe it was your very petit wife dressed up.

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He can sure chug though.

He downed 6 glasses of buttermilk all at once to coat his stomach in that Kig Tut episode so he wouldn't be affected by the abu-rabu-simbu-tu mind control drug.

Maybe it could be the bat-buttermilk holder.

C1ngMuOUoAAOYpi (resized).jpg

#1596 2 years ago

A few things not in code yet that are coming as they're in the 'game settings':

Minor Villain Multiball
Batusi Multiball

So, it looks like there will be a bat signal wizard mode for completing all 4 major villains, a minor villain wizard mode for (I assume) completing all 3 minor villains and potentially the final wizard mode is "Batusi" for completing both Major and Minor Villains.

#1597 2 years ago

IMG_0767.GIF

#1598 2 years ago

I just installed docquest's batsignal mod. The mod is beautiful and looks factory.

IMG_2228 (resized).JPG

#1599 2 years ago

Arrived today. No problems at all. Played great out of the box.

IMG_1451 (resized).JPG
IMG_1449 (resized).JPG
IMG_1450 (resized).JPG

#1600 2 years ago

Once my LE arrives, I can give my new Batmobile a test fit, fingers crossed.

IMG_0794 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 14920 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 299.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside