Topic Stats

• 11,244 posts
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by taz
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,408 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SshenogSSyeXM5QLNUJG0g (resized).jpg
Batman-UnkindestTut02 (resized).jpg
C0677534-E4AB-4401-ABF5-ABD4E2712AE3 (resized).jpeg
FFC0919E-AFCE-4C99-B371-187BF6A6C78F (resized).jpeg
batman-season-1-2-smack-in-the-middle-robin-gas-masks-adam-west-burt-ward-review-episode-guide-list (resized).jpg
CFCA1E3E-A733-4399-9530-67429B119568 (resized).jpeg
9D59C74B-6E00-4B84-A1A8-8114721AF730 (resized).jpeg
99DC968B-2FAC-4D72-846D-3ACE88F4B880 (resized).png
053F74F4-7EED-48FC-9B10-26D464C15E22 (resized).jpeg
53F5162B-1826-4484-A7F7-808B4241CD17 (resized).png
D7E5E0A7-8B67-4A8B-A269-12FD164D15C1 (resized).png
space-ace-20080320021440498 (resized).jpg
2956219-dragon1 (resized).jpg
CA0B007D-AA1A-4F1C-8219-60A2D33B0AE9 (resized).png
rps20181006_230916 (resized).jpg
GQCwKem (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11247 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 225.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I know how you feel. I pre paid for my Pre in October and still don't have mine.

The Aerosmith thread posted a GS note to distros explaining Aerosmith pros hit the line in mid-January. BM premiums were listed later, but I don't remember when.

#302 1 year ago

We are still waiting for LEs here in the U.K no definitive eta according to our distributor.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

We are still waiting for LEs here in the U.K no definitive eta according to our distributor.

We are still waiting on ETA on our LE's as well.

#304 1 year ago

( ( (( BAM )) ) ) ( ( (( POW )) ) )

batman-sle-1 (resized).jpg

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

( ( (( BAM )) ) ) ( ( (( POW )) ) )

Don't ZAP yourself setting it up ...

#306 1 year ago

My Le died after 3 hours of play. The game is fun that is for sure. I am on early beta code.

First off shaker motor never worked. Not sure if this has been coded.

Next plastic piece on wheel mechanism broke it both places and apparently shorted the machine and burned a node board. This may be a issue as the ball does fly around this mechanism. I wonder if Stern tests these machines prior to production. Unbelievable!! Lol

Also toppers do not come with machine. They ship later I guess to the dist. They are checking.

I'll keep you posted how things turnout

#307 1 year ago

Finally!!! Got a chance to play 3 games and LOVED it. Different feel than other games. Lots of fun.

Spent just under 3 hours tonight with my daughters help crafting a custom playfield protector out of PET-G material I purchased on Amazon. Only tools needed were scissors, razor knife, hole punch set and some blue tape (and patience!).

My daughter shot a time lapse video of both cutting the PET-G and then hole punching it - I was so focused on getting it done I did not even know until she showed me and surprised me - it's cool! (and posted below in 2 parts)

Pics are of the process I used to build a template. The nice thing about BM66 is that you can make one of these and install it with ONLY taking the flipper bats off!

I ran it all the way to the beginning of the left and right orbits and right to the edge of the large turntable. When and where I "cut" the protector material in those areas, I used a small piece of Hobby Lobby removable "mylar" to hold the exposed edge in place. Worked like a champ

Now I can play and keep the PF in mint shape as well

20170105_184055 (resized).jpg20170105_194241 (resized).jpg20170105_201142 (resized).jpg20170105_201059 (resized).jpg20170105_201113 (resized).jpg20170105_201149 (resized).jpg20170105_201745 (resized).jpg20170105_201126 (resized).jpg20170105_202115 (resized).jpg20170105_204508 (resized).jpg20170105_212113 (resized).jpg20170105_214715 (resized).jpg20170105_214648 (resized).jpg

#308 1 year ago

dang.

the extra elevation isn't getting the ball into tight spots anywhere or hitting targets slightly off desired point?

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

dang.
the extra elevation isn't getting the ball into tight spots anywhere or hitting targets slightly off desired point?

No this is really thin stuff. 0.020" or just over 1/2 millimeter. It's super stiff though and after a dozen games I cant see a single dimple. Time will tell. Before I started I cut a couple of small sample pieces and shoved them under the ball on the crane at each stopping station to see if there was clearance. I could fit 3 sheets under the crane ball at "park" and as the crane moved to the left, I eventually could park a bus under there - so no worries with the crane at all.

Crazy too that the ramps are NOT attached to the slings like in 99% of games ... this makes it incredibly easy to both work on and to add something like this. I just popped off the flipper bats and I could (with care) slide my paper template off the PF and then slide my created PF protector back in it's place without removing any more PF parts than the flippers.

I ordered the PET-G material from Amazon. Link below. It was enough to do 6 or so machines I think! When the big roll of it came, I quickly unrolled it and cut it into 19" wide sections so I could store it flat under a spare bed. Keeps it from getting a "memory" and not laying as flat as you would like.

amazon.com link »

You will also need a set of these punches from Amazon

amazon.com link »

Her's a couple pics with the blue protection film on so you can get a little better idea of how thick it is

20170105_212833 (resized).jpg
20170105_212824 (resized).jpg

#310 1 year ago

I seem to remember someone that custom laser cut PET for pins. Anyone have a link? May be a good thing to put on BM66 day one.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I seem to remember someone that custom laser cut PET for pins. Anyone have a link? May be a good thing to put on BM66 day one.

Playfield Protectors

Link to thread here. I made my own because no one has had access to the BM66 machine to create one yet.
I purchased one of theirs for my Big Betty's Truck Stop pin and liked it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review

#312 1 year ago

Put all yellow Titan bands on my machine with black flipper bands.

Added a led strip by the flippers and a spotlight to help brighten the center of the playfield.

Just need a cliffy for the scoop and I'm all set.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPG

IMG_2163 (resized).JPG

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Finally!!! Got a chance to play 3 games and LOVED it. Different feel than other games. Lots of fun.
Spent just under 3 hours tonight with my daughters help crafting a custom playfield protector out of PET-G material I purchased on Amazon. Only tools needed were scissors, razor knife, hole punch set and some blue tape (and patience!).
My daughter shot a time lapse video of both cutting the PET-G and then hole punching it - I was so focused on getting it done I did not even know until she showed me and surprised me - it's cool! (and posted below in 2 parts)
Pics are of the process I used to build a template. The nice thing about BM66 is that you can make one of these and install it with ONLY taking the flipper bats off!
I ran it all the way to the beginning of the left and right orbits and right to the edge of the large turntable. When and where I "cut" the protector material in those areas, I used a small piece of Hobby Lobby removable "mylar" to hold the exposed edge in place. Worked like a champ
Now I can play and keep the PF in mint shape as well

» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Does the ball move slower with your pf protector? I bought one a year ago from Germany for my T2 and hates it. But maybe it was the older thicker material.

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

My Le died after 3 hours of play. The game is fun that is for sure. I am on early beta code.
Next plastic piece on wheel mechanism broke it both places and apparently shorted the machine and burned a node board. This may be a issue as the ball does fly around this mechanism. I wonder if Stern tests these machines prior to production. Unbelievable!! Lol

Recent experience with GB would indicate... no. They seem to always be in a hurry at the end

#315 1 year ago

He said this past Tuesday and LYMAN is not at the event so it should have no bearing on the code

#316 1 year ago

Agreed. I am really disappointed with the quality of the game. My gb also died at one point. What's funny is no one (techs)knows the spike system and how to fix it. I am learning myself at this point. Stern support has been good. To be honest I have had trouble with on JJP pins. Maybe that's just pinball. They all have issues at some point, although 3 hours is a joke.

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

No this is really thin stuff. 0.020" or just over 1/2 millimeter. It's super stiff though and after a dozen games I cant see a single dimple. Time will tell. Before I started I cut a couple of small sample pieces and shoved them under the ball on the crane at each stopping station to see if there was clearance. I could fit 3 sheets under the crane ball at "park" and as the crane moved to the left, I eventually could park a bus under there - so no worries with the crane at all.
Crazy too that the ramps are NOT attached to the slings like in 99% of games ... this makes it incredibly easy to both work on and to add something like this. I just popped off the flipper bats and I could (with care) slide my paper template off the PF and then slide my created PF protector back in it's place without removing any more PF parts than the flippers.
I ordered the PET-G material from Amazon. Link below. It was enough to do 6 or so machines I think! When the big roll of it came, I quickly unrolled it and cut it into 19" wide sections so I could store it flat under a spare bed. Keeps it from getting a "memory" and not laying as flat as you would like.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
Her's a couple pics with the blue protection film on so you can get a little better idea of how thick it is

Would you consider making a scan of protector so others could could print it out as a starting template to make cutting their own a little easier?

#318 1 year ago

calprog I'm sorry to hear about your issues. That's a huge bummer; keep us posted on progress.

#319 1 year ago

Shipping company called...mine arrives Tuesday.

#320 1 year ago

C'mon Premiums!

#321 1 year ago

Just set up an NEW Super LE for Pinaholic and during the post transit pre-power up inspection I found this one and only one issue that I thought I would share for others to check on their machines. Its no biggie just something to look for.

The wire harness from a topside assembly and another from a lamp board was routed near the lower popbumper with wires actually caught in the Yoke. I needed a zip tie to clear the wires from the popbumper yoke and ring rod. Be sure to check this area when your machine arrives during the usual post transit inspections that you should do.

One more thing and hopefully a really rare occurence was that a ball got stuck behind the crane on top of a microswitch. This should be an easy fix if it will happen often. Stern needs to install some anti stucky ball device there such as a horizontal post or plastic covering/shield.

6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
34 (resized).jpg

#322 1 year ago

Now that is an impressive stuck ball

How did you manage that? Fired up from the VUK?

#323 1 year ago

Been playing my LE.... fun even with VERY rudimentary code...

has anyone seen the batsignal in the upper right of playfield go on?? I havent except for attract mode

I should mention i have an aftermarket bat light from Little Shop of Games attached

What should make these areas light up??

#324 1 year ago

Just got word that mine should ship today from Cointaker. They were waiting for the toppers to arrive so they could ship everything together. Surprised they don't ship direct from Stern.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Now that is an impressive stuck ball
How did you manage that? Fired up from the VUK?

I didnt manage the stucky ball the machines owner did.

It bounced off a ramp post then the edge of the top popbumper cap then bounced to the back of the crane LOL

#326 1 year ago

Batman was rushed into production Stern probably put everyone on getting the games themselves built and out the door asap which would explain why toppers seem to be in short supply.

I know if you watch the factory tour there didn't seem a lot built but here was a tonne of parts and half assembled toppers visible.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would you consider making a scan of protector so others could could print it out as a starting template to make cutting their own a little easier?

I sure would. Whats the best way?

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from ngg:

Been playing my LE.... fun even with VERY rudimentary code...
has anyone seen the batsignal in the upper right of playfield go on?? I havent except for attract mode
I should mention i have an aftermarket bat light from Little Shop of Games attached
What should make these areas light up??

With all the gameplay I've seen it only seems to light during attract mode for now. It's probably not in the code yet. You could always connect it to the GI.

#329 1 year ago

I'd sure buy one if you were selling them MT45.

#330 1 year ago

I would be in on one as well MT.
I have access to a laser router if you want me to cut them.

#331 1 year ago

I'd buy one.!!

#332 1 year ago

I would be in for one. Does anyone have the ability to make the plastics that hold the hotwheels cars on the SLE?

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from pinjunky:

I would be in for one. Does anyone have the ability to make the plastics that hold the hotwheels cars on the SLE?

Yes, if you can get a scan of an original that would make it go faster.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

great info. thanks.
what do you think about the difference of color & use of lighting with this PET-G on the playfield?
colors duller/darker?
lighting having any side-effects (under playfield coming up, above playfield bouncing down) ?

#335 1 year ago

I hope the Premiums start shipping soon! Can't wait to get mine!

#336 1 year ago

What is latest code?

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from pinjunky:

Yep, i'm interested to know as well. Any info on mounting the SLE toys would be great, i.e. batcopter, batboat, batbike.

#338 1 year ago

Unfortunately I am not surprised. Hope you get it worked out.

Quoted from calprog:

Also toppers do not come with machine. They ship later I guess to the dist. They are checking.
I'll keep you posted how things turnout

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

great info. thanks.
what do you think about the difference of color & use of lighting with this PET-G on the playfield?
colors duller/darker?
lighting having any side-effects (under playfield coming up, above playfield bouncing down) ?

Labnip - honestly, the PET-G is so crystal clear I see no impact on colors. Only impact might be that its even more glossy than the original PF. To the others who have asked ... I have no plans to make the protector.

However, I've got no problem providing the file but would like to know easiest way to scan and share??

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

What is latest code?

Mine is .59

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep, i'm interested to know as well. Any info on mounting the SLE toys would be great, i.e. batcopter, batboat, batbike.

Me three!

#342 1 year ago

For those interested, I would be happy to roll this up in a tube and mail it to someone who could use it to route their own? I'm 100% fine with someone making and selling them using my template. I want nothing for it but to find a way to have some made for others. PM me if you could do this ...
20170106_195653 (resized).jpg

#343 1 year ago

Mine is .60

#344 1 year ago

SLE or LE?

#345 1 year ago

Added another mod to my 66SLE. Concerned about the pinstripe getting worn off near the flipper buttons. I cut some pieces of PET-G and crafted some protectors for each side. Removed 3 screws from Stern siderails, drill PET-G with 5/32" where screws hold it on. Used my punch set to pop out the flipper button holes, installed and they fit perfect!

BTW ... still very concerned about wearing the pinstripe on top of lockdown bar and red bat sticker around the lockdown bar action button. Only solutions I can think of are mylar or clear coat

20170106_232144 (resized).jpg20170106_231406 (resized).jpg20170106_231523 (resized).jpg20170106_232526 (resized).jpg

#346 1 year ago

wow

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Added another mod to my 66SLE. Concerned about the pinstripe getting worn off near the flipper buttons. I cut some pieces of PET-G and crafted some protectors for each side. Removed 3 screws from Stern siderails, drill PET-G with 5/32" where screws hold it on. Used my punch set to pop out the flipper button holes, installed and they fit perfect!
BTW ... still very concerned about wearing the pinstripe on top of lockdown bar and red bat sticker around the lockdown bar action button. Only solutions I can think of are mylar or clear coat

Does bare wood show on the front left side of the game? The last pic looks odd where the armor meets the cab...

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does bare wood show on the front left side of the game? The last pic looks odd where the armor meets the cab...

That does look strange in the picture. It makes it look like a piece of the siderail is missing.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

If these wear in a HUO environment pinball is dead and buried in the wild.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Dang you are serious about your pin protection!

IMG_5813 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trier, RP
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11247 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 225.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside