Topic Stats

• 15,643 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by wrb1977
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image1 (resized).png
sub1 (resized).JPG
sub (resized).JPG
speaker1 (resized).JPG
amp (resized).JPG
speaker (resized).JPG
IMG_20200309_185510 (resized).jpg
rps20200305_182500 (resized).jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).jpg
IMG_2293 (resized).jpg
IMG_2292 (resized).jpg
IMG_2291 (resized).jpg
C652394C-7AD1-4408-989C-755C14219B3F (resized).jpeg
20200301_202448 (resized).jpg
20200301_195532 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 15643 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 313.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Machine looks great. Really enjoy your streams. How's the playfield and magnet holding up? Any excessive damage/dimpling?

I don't see any excessive dimpling. I'm confused by the concerns but maybe I got lucky? I have another problem. Backbox side decals are scraped a bit on each side on batgirl. I've yet to contact Stern.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Ive had no problems with BM66LE #66 and no dimpling, etc. We played over 50 games last night and about a dozen or so this morning. Hopefully nothing changes.

Good to hear. My game was built the same day so maybe that means our playfields are from the same batch.

But I would still like to understand why a couple of the games in this thread look like crap and that one magnet is totally trashed.

#904 3 years ago

Great look w the spots....anxious for my pinballife and comet order to get here so I can brighten the playfield a bit.

Was thinking the purple might actually work good for spots on this game....picked up some, along with white, just to experiment a bit...

RandomKG, what are your thoughts ( being you've got both in )?

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good to hear. My game was built the same day so maybe that means our playfields are from the same batch.
But I would still like to understand why a couple of the games in this thread look like crap and that one magnet is totally trashed.

IMG_1721 (resized).JPG

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Some are saying the spinner is .5 mm to high which is the same height as the playfield protector . So if u install the protector in theory all should be level

I was one of those folks saying the "mini turntable" (the small one inside the larger one) was about 1/2 mm too high. Still think it is but as you can see n the pic, the part that is too high is inside the turntable mech. The playfield protector does not go on the mech and as such is about 4 to 5 inches away from the spot the ball hangs up on. 20170107_165039 (resized).jpg

#907 3 years ago

Got LE #79 in the house. Got the Bat-Alert Buzzer for my gadget and the riddler for my apron card.

DSC_3414 (resized).JPG

DSC_3411 (resized).JPG

DSC_3406 (resized).JPG

DSC_3420 (resized).JPG

_20170119_225644 (resized).JPG

#908 3 years ago

Was watching some BM66 tonight (somewhere around episode 34-36 or so) and went down to play a game afterward.
Realized that one of the first "mods" I did was to add the Pinball Life red "Pinguard Nylon Legbolt" washers (red). Never took the time to share the pic

Small but nice touch

20170119_230434 (resized).jpg20170119_230140 (resized).jpg

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Was watching some BM66 tonight (somewhere around episode 34-36 or so) and went down to play a game afterward.
Realized that one of the first "mods" I did was to add the Pinball Life red "Pinguard Nylon Legbolt" washers (red). Never took the time to share the pic
Small but nice touch

I like the washers, but I think I would also go with black leg bolts.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like the washers, but I think I would also go with black leg bolts.

Thx. Never considered that the gold doesn't fit the theme, but you're right. I'll try a set and see.

#911 3 years ago

Don't forget to post your episode and gadget info in the related thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-le-episode-and-gadget-list

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Per Terry, They're out of stock for regular pinballs and shinies until early Feb.
I can do a before/after pic later/tmrw

Well that sucks I was going to order some, seems most people rate the super shinies.

Awesome thanks for the pic would be great to see a before and after of the lighting.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great look w the spots....anxious for my pinballife and comet order to get here so I can brighten the playfield a bit.
Was thinking the purple might actually work good for spots on this game....picked up some, along with white, just to experiment a bit...
RandomKG, what are your thoughts ( being you've got both in )?

Hey Mark I'm thinking I'll land on four opmax natural whites in my spots but will likely use purple for my trough LED strip. Purple opmaxes would be a close second of course, but white is the sure thing. I am thinking the purple LED strip won't ruin the bat symbol art at the center drain, while also balancing with the rest of the purple so prevalent on the pf. Will know soon enough when I find/order some more lights

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hey Mark I'm thinking I'll land on four opmax natural whites in my spots but will likely use purple for my trough LED strip. Purple opmaxes would be a close second of course, but white is the sure thing. I am thinking the purple LED strip won't ruin the bat symbol art at the center drain, while also balancing with the rest of the purple so prevalent on the pf. Will know soon enough when I find/order some more lights

Suspect you're right....I've only used purple on my WCS, and they look great, can't go wrong with white....been staring at the rotisserie as well, a little light up there might be cool as well... .....I thought I was headed to Atlanta next weekend for biz, but got cancelled...hope to get down your way soon...mark

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well that sucks I was going to order some, seems most people rate the super shinies.
Awesome thanks for the pic would be great to see a before and after of the lighting.

Shineys the best.....was lucky to have enough spares from last order to cover BM..(whew)

on to PDI (gonna KILL with these colors!!!)...

#916 3 years ago

I have PDI, trough and shooter lane protectors, fresh pinballs and keychain, but no game. Seeing the current code helps me stay patient. There's a lot of promise here, but obviously a good distance remains. TiltThru podcast mentioned how out of whack Bonus is in the current scoring. Selecting bookworm and racking up bonus x can give scores that are massive according to them.

Still. I'm ready.

#917 3 years ago

Some pics with spots in/out. My far right is so firmly in that I didn't want to mess with it yet so take "in" in all four pics.. Haven't got/found whites yet, will update later, including better trough light.

I'm thinking more light is needed by the turn table too. I'll figure something out.

Man look how dim pic 2 is! Why have such gorgeous artwork and hide it in the dark

IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG

#918 3 years ago

Great photos can see the difference instantly extra spots really help light up the dark areas and make the playfield pop.

Is it possibly to mount a couple spots behind the ramps aimed at the turntable to light that area up?

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is it possibly to mount a couple spots behind the ramps aimed at the turntable to light that area up?

That's what I'm thinking. Stay tuned.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Some pics with spots in/out. My far right is so firmly in that I didn't want to mess with it yet so take "in" in all four pics.. Haven't got/found whites yet, will update later, including better trough light.
I'm thinking more light is needed by the turn table too. I'll figure something out.
Man look how dim pic 2 is! Why have such gorgeous artwork and hide it in the dark

Looks great. Where do you recommending ordering spotlights from and do you order a kit or build them out from parts? Thanks for the help.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That's what I'm thinking. Stay tuned.

You know double spots on the slings would light the current area and the lower center nicely. Just a suggestion...

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You know double spots on the slings would light the current area and the lower center nicely. Just a suggestion...

Bingo...my plan...the turntable will take a bit of headscratching......

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bingo...my plan...the turntable will take a bit of headscratching......

I'm thinking some sort of bare led (maybe a flex would make it easier) ir spot lamp that you can mount behind the ramps and aim towards the turntable should be a relativity simple solution.

Looking forward to seeing what RandomKG comes up with.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Looks great. Where do you recommending ordering spotlights from and do you order a kit or build them out from parts? Thanks for the help.

I use and recommend comet opmax. If you are bothered by the protrusion of the opmax bulb being visible to the player then go for "4-SMD" lights. I order spotlight kits from Pinballlife. I get wire from amazon and RadioShack.

Manic, good idea, but I typically don't like the two spot lights right next to each other on same screw look. I only do it when abs necessary (like on RZ).
I'm gonna rely on trough light to add some to the between the slings area.

For the turntable light it's likely to be a 3 or 5 SMD strip mounted under/next to the ramp(s).

I also changed the back wall bayonets because they were too bright ironically imo. Will get a pic of that later too

#925 3 years ago

With all the great mods in the works, I wonder if anyone is planning on doing some custom side Bat armor? Love Sterns version on the SLE and would buy something similar for my Pre in a second.

#927 3 years ago

I have the kiss axe armor on my le and it is great,what happened to those guys

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

With all the great mods in the works, I wonder if anyone is planning on doing some custom side Bat armor? Love Sterns version on the SLE and would buy something similar for my Pre in a second.

I have full intention of sending my armor to pinball refinery for a custom job. If the game wasn't so expensive I'd have done it already . Plus I want to play it some (and have others come play, like tonight) before it goes "down" for mods.

#929 3 years ago

Question for you guys. I'm in on an LE #99 that I just unboxed. Haven't powered it up yet as I'm going in and doing a thourough check of playfield etc. I noticed that my magnet by the spinner looks sunken in by about 1/8 all the way around. Assume this should be touch with the playfield??

Also, my batmobile looks like it has bat shit all over the windshield... it's pretty rough looking. Anyone else have the same thing going on?

IMG_0108 (resized).JPG

IMG_0110 (resized).JPG

IMG_0109 (resized).JPG

#930 3 years ago

Magnet needs to be flush with playfield. That bat mobile looks like it was dragged across the factory floor on one side of it.

#931 3 years ago

Thanks Chrizg. Will see if I can flush the magnet. The batmobile looks like shit for sure. Looks as if glue completely dissolved the plastic on the windshield.

#932 3 years ago

Holy Batmovie projector!

IMG_1753 (resized).JPG

IMG_1754 (resized).JPG

IMG_1755 (resized).JPG

IMG_1757 (resized).JPG

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Question for you guys. I'm in on an LE #99 that I just unboxed. Haven't powered it up yet as I'm going in and doing a thourough check of playfield etc. I noticed that my magnet by the spinner looks sunken in by about 1/8 all the way around. Assume this should be touch with the playfield??
Also, my batmobile looks like it has bat shit all over the windshield... it's pretty rough looking. Anyone else have the same thing going on?

That magnet is way too low. Should be flush or a fraction above to prevent wear on the edge of the pf. It's a pretty simple adjustment but you'll likely need a big wrench to loosen the nut under the PF, and a big flathead to twist the magnet.

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That magnet is way too low. Should be flush or a fraction above to prevent wear on the edge of the pf.

Good thing you caught that early. I think that would have caused some nasty pf damage very quicky if left as is.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That magnet is way too low. Should be flush or a fraction above to prevent wear on the edge of the pf. It's a pretty simple adjustment but you'll likely need a big wrench to loosen the nut under the PF, and a big flathead to twist the magnet.

Might also be a good idea to warm the locking nut with a heat gun (on LOW setting) if it is very stiff. They sometimes have a lot of Threadlock on.

#936 3 years ago

Are the new style magnets adjustable ? I know the middle core is but is the outer part?

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ate the new style magnets adjustable ? I know the middle core is but is the outer part?

Had to adjust my TWD which was like rlsrick 's. Assuming it's the same.

#938 3 years ago

Here are some pictures of my mods to BM66 so far.

- PDI glass, of course
- 4 black spotlights added to the GI on top of the slings
- Batmobile and Batcycle near the flippers (temporary until some innovative Pinsider comes up with a better idea)
- Spotlight in the back right, currently wired to the GI as well
- Bust to access batpoles on top of a bumper cap (again until someone comes up with a better idea)
- Batcopter above the left ramp

There's less room for mods than I expected. The only obvious open spots that seem to remain are by the right ramp cat and the far left, back corner, perhaps. The bust should have been by the phone, but there's just not enough room there to add it. I wonder if it might be worth the extra work to mount little bat spotlights all over to enhance the GI instead of the usual silver/black pin spotlights we're used to? I'll throw that idea out there and hope one of our Pinsider modders come up with something like that, though it'll cost a bit to buy a bunch of bat signals. Anyway, some of these are place holders until I see a better idea.

Batcopter (resized).JPG

4 Spotlights Added (resized).JPG

Spotlight & Bust (resized).JPG

Batmobile & Batcycle (resized).JPG

#939 3 years ago

Here my Catwomen mod with her slow flickering led behind her diamond.

We plan to make a bunch of these so PM me if you want to get on our list?

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Also, my batmobile looks like it has bat shit all over the windshield...

OH YES, the ULTRA rare bat shit edition game, lucky!

#941 3 years ago

Found white lights for my spots. Friend brought some, including trough LEDs. Way better. I also did a batmobile, batcopter, and boat.

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Here are some pictures of my mods to BM66 so far.
- PDI glass, of course
- 4 black spotlights added to the GI on top of the slings
- Batmobile and Batcycle near the flippers (temporary until some innovative Pinsider comes up with a better idea)
- Spotlight in the back right, currently wired to the GI as well
- Bust to access batpoles on top of a bumper cap (again until someone comes up with a better idea)
- Batcopter above the left ramp
There's less room for mods than I expected. The only obvious open spots that seem to remain are by the right ramp cat and the far left, back corner, perhaps. The bust should have been by the phone, but there's just not enough room there to add it. I wonder if it might be worth the extra work to mount little bat spotlights all over to enhance the GI instead of the usual silver/black pin spotlights we're used to? I'll throw that idea out there and hope one of our Pinsider modders come up with something like that, though it'll cost a bit to buy a bunch of bat signals. Anyway, some of these are place holders until I see a better idea.

How did you mount the toys? I presume they are the Mattel versions and not the Eaglemoss ones?

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Found white lights for my spots. Friend brought some, including trough LEDs. Way better. I also did a batmobile, batcopter, and boat.

Looks like the trough light is washing out the bottom of the bat logo. Does it look like that in person?

#944 3 years ago

Www.twitch.tv/gapinball

Streaming now until god knows when

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like the trough light is washing out the bottom of the bat logo. Does it look like that in person?

Nope. Full symbol lit up pretty well in person

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How did you mount the toys? I presume they are the Mattel versions and not the Eaglemoss ones?

Joe's sticky stuff.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for those that provided some help. Lifted the table and noticed the big bolt was loose. I tightened it by hand then used a big wrench to seal the deal. I think they may have missed it during the QC check. Not a big deal...it's fixed. What I was bummed about and why the batmobile was trashed and come to find out it was because the center flasher broke. While loose it rubbed on the batmobile scuffing the plastic and chipping the paint. The wires stripped from the led likely from the weight of the mech moving around while it was being shipped. Contacted Stern and my distributor...hope to have some replacement parts sent soon. The game is still playable but could definitely use the flasher that's broken. Really liking the game so far. I'm stoked Lyman is on this game. For as early as the code is...I would have to say they knocked it out of the park with the launch of their first LCD game.

IMG_0115 (resized).JPG
IMG_0119 (resized).JPG

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mine are all Mattel from Walmart. I even have a Penguin car, but really no place to mount it. I generally use a clear silicone glue to mount to the top of plastics. I've had no trouble removing it cleanly in times when I've decided to move toys somewhere else later. I connected the extra spot lights to the bottom of the bulb holder directly under the sling. It takes a bit of patience to cut through insulation around the bulb holder to get access for alligator clips to reach the connectors.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

ยป YouTube video
Here my Catwomen mod with her slow flickering led behind her diamond.
We plan to make a bunch of these so PM me if you want to get on our list?

How did you mount her?

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How did you mount her?

I'd prefer from the rear but that's just me! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 15643 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 313.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside