New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,327 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,525 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg
FD76ADB2-0F2A-4497-B50D-ED1EC69CA3FE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 327.
#151 4 years ago

I have a deposit down for a premium and I'm pretty excited. It will be my first NIB game, and as a result I'm really not sure when to expect it. Before Expo, I would have guessed sometime in 2016 was likely, but now with only about 7 weeks left in the year I'm not so sure. When realistically should I expect to take delivery? Thanks.

#152 4 years ago

I have an LE for sale, as I'm buying an SLE. PM here...

YAY Batman

#153 4 years ago

Here's a link for the reunion panel they did with the Batman66 actors at the LA comic show a week or so ago that.

I was bummed I couldnt get into it. I underestimated how early I needed to get in line for it. There were probably twice as many people in line than what the room could hold.

#154 4 years ago

In for a Premium and can't wait. Looking forward to all the great add ons I'm sure are coming.

#155 4 years ago

i'm looking for SLE mods.
also, think there's playfield space to add a batcave ?

#156 4 years ago

Labnip, please PM

Brett

#157 4 years ago

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm looking for SLE mods.
also, think there's playfield space to add a batcave ?

Can't get these images of labnip preparing to play his BM66SLE outta my head!

lapnip2 (resized).png
lapnip1 (resized).png

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can't get these images of labnip preparing to play his BM66SLE outta my head!

my bat-spandex bottoms are much shorter than that

3 weeks later
#160 3 years ago

As I posted in the other thread....looks like I'll be in the club before Christmas ( was notified the LE's were shipping in 2 weeks last Friday)!!!!!! Let's do this!!!

Anyone else hear from their distro's?

#161 3 years ago

Can't wait to see and play mine!

#162 3 years ago

The latest on SLE is:

1) Final payment is due next Wednesday on 12/7 (extended from 12/1)
2) We will endeavor to have your game delivered before Christmas

No clue how Santa will get this on his sleigh or down the chimney.

#163 3 years ago

Happy to wait till after Christmas. Won't get time to play it before Jan anyway.

#164 3 years ago

Premiums "probably January" from my distributor. Looking forward to my first NIB.

#165 3 years ago

LE owner here.

I really hope to have this before Christmas.

2 weeks later
#166 3 years ago

bump for more positive thread

#167 3 years ago

dec 20, 2016.

pix from video:

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.20.52 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.22.03 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.21.06 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.17.47 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.25.16 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.23.34 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.24.29 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 3.25.39 PM (resized).png

#168 3 years ago

Getting so close. I can't wait.

#169 3 years ago

So , was thinking if this is the official club thread, might be fun for LE and SLE owners to put down which one they received ( episode or bat gadget, as I recall). Should I start a new thread ( like AlienLE) , or we just post here......games will be on doorsteps within a week!!!

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So , was thinking if this is the official club thread, might be fun for LE and SLE owners to put down which one they received ( episode or bat gadget, as I recall). Should I start a new thread ( like AlienLE) , or we just post here......games will be on doorsteps within a week!!!

Just do it here. No need for a new thread.

#171 3 years ago

At first I was hoping to get an episode LE but now I don't care, both are very cool concepts.

Haven't heard anything yet from Game room guys. Mike at Automated gets first dibs usually. Can't wait to hear the reviews Mark!

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At first I was hoping to get an episode LE but now I don't care, both are very cool concepts.
Haven't heard anything yet from Game room guys. Mike at Automated gets first dibs usually. Can't wait to hear the reviews Mark!

You know you will get them!!!....A sealed bottle of Blanton's will be opened to help me with my review...

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You know you will get them!!!....A sealed bottle of Blanton's will be opened to help me with my review...

MK since it looks like your going to be getting your BM66 any day now, do you have any plans on trying out Cliffy's BDK VUK protector? Crane and VUK look identical in position so it should fit, just thought I would ask, and if not does anyone else plan on test fitting on?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

MK since it looks like your going to be getting your BM66 any day now, do you have any plans on trying out Cliffy's BDK VUK protector? Crane and VUK look identical in position so it should fit, just thought I would ask, and if not does anyone else plan on test fitting on?

If Stern is consistent with their last 2 games, the cliffy protector will already be installed.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will definitely explore the mods as needed...PDI and any needed Cliffys will be first on the list ( I'll change the balls before I play my first game, of course. Mine left Stern today ( late, according to April) and picked up by Automated, but the shippers don't move Monday, so guessing Thursday for arrival....

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If Stern is consistent with their last 2 games, the cliffy protector will already be installed.

That I didn't know, I had seen scoop protectors on GB's but didn't realise Stern had fit them from the factory, thanks for info Trekkie, if they do continue that trend that would be great.

#177 3 years ago

This will be my first pin ever; what specifically should I put over the magnet area (and how far around the magnet itself) to keep things happy? Should I get the rounded side rails to protect the cab around the flipper area? What else should I do before I get too many plays on it? It'll be in a totally sun-free room, so fading isn't a concern.

I also have concerns about airballs hitting the bat phone, but game play will bear out if that concern warranted.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This will be my first pin ever; what specifically should I put over the magnet area (and how far around the magnet itself) to keep things happy? Should I get the rounded side rails to protect the cab around the flipper area? What else should I do before I get too many plays on it? It'll be in a totally sun-free room, so fading isn't a concern.
I also have concerns about airballs hitting the bat phone, but game play will bear out if that concern warranted.

Stern redesigned their magnets a few games back (TWD?) with a surrounding area containing the inner magnet core and the design seems to work great!

If your getting a premium definitely get some lollipop (rounded) side rails to protect your cabinet decals around the flipper area plus they do look pretty nice so it seems like a no brainier to me for the added protection it offers up and its real easy to remove the factory rails and install the lollipops in their place.

I would get a shooter lane kit and a drain hole protector from Cliffy & if Stern don't provide a Cliffy for the VUK area I would also buy one of those to minimise wear.

Other than that from what I've seen you shouldn't need to do anything else except hit start and enjoy the hell out of your first pin and it's one hell of a first pin! Hope that helps.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

In a home-use environment, you don't need anything more. Flipper-area wear won't happen for years, if ever.
However, I'll bet the moment you get your hands on your new pin, you'll want to bling it out in every way possible.
Nothing wrong with that, but it's all "nice to have", not "need to have".

One thing I would recommend: get used to the idea that, just like buying a new car, it's no longer brand-new as soon as you unbox it. Don't be concerned when you see some dimples on the playfield. Play it and enjoy it is all.

#180 3 years ago

Super happy to see a couple of these delivered now. Like everyone else I'm waiting on the reviews!

Very cool concepts with the LE episode vs gadget idea.

#181 3 years ago

Anyone who has the game, did they install Cliffy's on the playfield?

I know it won't be found on the drain or shooter lane.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The one guy who has one posted in the other thread said no Cliffys were installed by Stern.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

One thing I would recommend: get used to the idea that, just like buying a new car, it's no longer brand-new as soon as you unbox it. Don't be concerned when you see some dimples on the playfield. Play it and enjoy it is all.

...as long as it's a reasonable amount of wear. Ghosting, chipping, decal issues, etc. should all be reported and called to attention.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Avatar LE has the most bullet proof shooter lane on any Stern

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The one guy who has one posted in the other thread said no Cliffys were installed by Stern.

OMG!!!!! That is unreal.

How does Spidey VE and Ghostbusters come with Cliffy's, but their most expensive game ever doesn't???

#186 3 years ago

In case some of you missed it in the deadflip stream, Lymon said that they would be releasing new code every couple of weeks "until we get you there".

Also, there were a few interesting rules notes about (in the future) stacking minor villains with major. Examples given were Mr. Freeze stacked with a major villain will disable all timers. Bookworm would do something like re-light previously completed shots for double scoring. Should be some interesting strategy options.

#187 3 years ago

Thanks for the cliffy's tips. I'm generally a guy who prefers things in "original condition" so I doubt I'll mod it any more than I must to keep it in good working order.

I'm a litttle fuzzy; does the new stern mag mech eliminate the need for Mylar around it or should I still install some?

Will be HUO, 100% out of sunlight, premium.

#188 3 years ago

So, who is getting the shark repelant gadget on their LE? That would be an awesome one!

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, who is getting the shark repelant gadget on their LE? That would be an awesome one!

Fingers crossed it comes home to me, it would be hilarious and so cool to have that particular LE

#190 3 years ago

Having the Codename game would be pretty special.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Fingers crossed it comes home to me, it would be hilarious and so cool to have that particular LE

I think the gadget LE's are mostly us and the episode LE's are mostly international?

Hard to say which is better. Both are such great ideas for how to number/list/name LE machines. Kudos to stern for the idea.

#192 3 years ago

It would be great if Stern released a full list or the gadget and episode names/numbers, would be pretty cool to see what is owned by pinsiders.

#193 3 years ago

#85 " Bat Wax Solvent" here. Other LE owners post theirs....think it would be fun

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the gadget LE's are mostly us and the episode LE's are mostly international?
Hard to say which is better. Both are such great ideas for how to number/list/name LE machines. Kudos to stern for the idea.

Have all the LEs pinsiders have received so far in the US all been gadget LEs? I haven't paid much attention to what LE people have been showing in videos I've been fixated on the playfield and those smooth ramps

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have all the LEs pinsiders have received so far in the US all been gadget LEs? I haven't paid much attention to what LE people have been showing in videos I've been fixated on the playfield and those smooth ramps

Think they stated all US models would be gadgets, European version was episode #'s, 120 each....

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

#85 " Bat Wax Solvent" here. Other LE owners post theirs....think it would be fun

That's an awesome one!!!!

IMG_3657 (resized).JPG
IMG_3658 (resized).JPG

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's an awesome one!!!!

Agreed!!!...I'm going to watch the episodes for a refresher....

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who you getting yours from Jon?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Who you getting yours from Jon?

Same place you are Neil

#200 3 years ago

I got 81 - the Batroscope.

Should be new code today, excited to see what changes it brings!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 16327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside