IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 374.
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.
/start of email
Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.
In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.
Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.
We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.
Thank you for your patience.
GG
/end of email
So they are on to it and it will get done. I personally prefer them to do it right rather than do it quickly.

couldn't be better stated!!!! This IS a legacy game, period!!!!

#3552 6 years ago

Thank you for posting this.

I know it won't shut up a certain person around here by it's nice to hear once again they are committed to it as much as ever.

#3553 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.
/start of email
Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.
In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.
Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.
We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.
Thank you for your patience.
GG
/end of email
So they are on to it and it will get done. I personally prefer them to do it right rather than do it quickly.

Great note and what most of us hoped and expected.

It would be nice if Stern send that email out to all registered owners via the Commissioner Gordon email, but it's great that we have a written confirmation of ecpections.

#3554 6 years ago

Yeah I agree with others, its great to see this communication from George, I just hope its real and if so there is a genuine truth in what George has said.

Pretty much all of us brought into BM66 because Lyman was coding and there is no doubt he will make this a top 10 Stern imo!

#3555 6 years ago

One other thing - it's pretty clear to me from reading George's email that although the next release will be significant, it won't be "1.0" and that there will be more to come after the next release.

I am very encouraged that they seem committed to using a good portion of the audio/video assets in the game. That would be good for the first Spike 2/LCD game, but it also (easily) shows the increases in resources required over doing a DMD game.

#3556 6 years ago

As I said...good things are coming. I will admit, I thought something would have been released last week, but I am guessing they are either adding more cool stuff or fixing an issue found in QA. Either way, the wait will be worth it.

#3557 6 years ago

I previously believed that I was the biggest "the Batman code situation is fine and will be great" fan boy; Good to see that I've relinquished that title. Last week was a gut punch without code. If we don't have some this week, it'll be a swift kick to the boys.

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I previously believed that I was the biggest "the Batman code situation is fine and will be great" fan boy; Good to see that I've relinquished that title. Last week was a gut punch without code. If we don't have some this week, it'll be a swift kick to the boys.

I will gladly take the title, and you will thank me later............lol

#3559 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Im thanking you now!!!

#3560 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I still have complete faith, but my annoyance level has risen exponentially. I'm on the bandwagon, but will let you drive for awhile. lol

#3561 6 years ago

I still have complete faith, but my annoyance level has risen exponentially. I'm on the bandwagon, but will let you drive for awhile. lol

Same here. But great GG e-mail to juice me up with a little more patience and hope!

#3562 6 years ago

That's what is great about this club - plenty of people to help keep the faith if someone else has a little less energy to do so!

#3563 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's what is great about this club - plenty of people to help keep the faith if someone else has a little less energy to do so!

Its less like a club and more like a support group.

#3564 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Hi My name is Brewin' and it's been 63 days since my last code update and 8 seconds since I last refreshed the page.

#3566 6 years ago

Lyman is at pinburgh doing his thing so doubt there will be any code this week!

#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Unless he already passed it to the firmware test group for their evaluation.

Star Wars code came out so maybe some BM66 will come out today as well.

#3568 6 years ago

I haven't had my Batman for several months now and I've kind of been out of the loop on this but did they finally get all the minor villains in there?

#3569 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't had my Batman for several months now and I've kind of been out of the loop on this but did they finally get all the minor villains in there?

No.

#3570 6 years ago

I guess they should be added soon then? I know a place to play one but won't go there until that stuffs added for sure. I couldn't even play mine the last few weeks I had it.

#3571 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess they should be added soon then? I know a place to play one but won't go there until that stuffs added for sure. I couldn't even play mine the last few weeks I had it.

The last stuff added were Bat Turn mode in .71 and the reworking of Joker and Riddler modes in .75 (current) release that includes changes to include the To the Batpoles, Batcave, Gordon and Atomic Pile shots.

The expectation is that minor villains and season modes are big additions and the expectation is that we'll see at least one in the upcoming release (where I would expect the same mode extensions to Catwoman/Penguin as Joker/Riddler in .75)

#3572 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You brought him a sh*tload of beers and got him to spill the beans about the code yet Neil?

#3573 6 years ago

Hi My name is Brewin' and it's been 63 days since my last code update and 8 seconds since I last refreshed the page.

Use check4change. It will tell you when it's updated automatically.

#3574 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Unless he already passed it to the firmware test group for their evaluation.
Star Wars code came out so maybe some BM66 will come out today as well.

Unlikely. The Gomez email was to buy more time, probably at least 2 weeks from that letter, so likely 8/3-8/8.

Also, it's interesting that the letter says, "We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for..."

That sentence was clearly edited and then not proofed. He probably initially said "the next release which contains" then decided that he was promising too much for one release (with Lyman on it only part time), so he changed it to "next releases" without editing "contains" making the sentence read "the next releases which contains" which no one would write in one pass since it's an obvious error.

#3575 6 years ago

That e-mail does sound more or less like a continuation of this thread-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases

#3576 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely. The Gomez email was to buy more time, probably at least 2 weeks from that letter, so likely 8/3-8/8.
Also, it's interesting that the letter says, "We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for..."
That sentence was clearly edited and then not proofed. He probably initially said "the next release which contains" then decided that he was promising too much for one release (with Lyman on it only part time), so he changed it to "next releases" without editing "contains" making the sentence read "the next releases which contains" which no one would write in one pass since it's an obvious error.

Either "releases" or "contains" could be the word either the extra "s". The meaning of the sentence changes based on which way you go. You picked the most ominous interpretation and totally discounted the possibility that there was simply a typo, which occasionally happens to those of us not as omnipotent as you.

Just give it a rest.

#3577 6 years ago

I get your frustrations with the code Vire, we are all frustrated but just trying to keep each other's spirits high, we may have to wait longer than we want to but Lyman will come through for us that I believe.

But I don't believe Lyman has been on BM66 for 7 months like you think he has.

BM66 wasn't playable at release or even after it for a good month or so? Then look at the code updates we have had, couple of small updates initially, then V0.70 on March 22nd contained a huge Spike 2 OS update, which shows Lyman was still working on getting Spike 2 complete? maybe just optimised?

So at best he has maybe been on BM "full time" since the end of March? so that's 4 maybe months max!?

#3578 6 years ago

FWIW: Lyman went 35-25 today to end up in 133rd.

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That e-mail does sound more or less like a continuation of this thread-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases

Hadn't seen that one before - thanks!

IMG_1296 (resized).JPGIMG_1296 (resized).JPG

#3580 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is ridiculous....just amazing how you are now a mind reader based on an extra letter which can be explained a million other ways. You are grasping at every straw you can to prove some kind of conspiracy, and you have no idea of ANYTHING in that letter outside of what it actually says. Maybe we should do a forensic on the message itself to see if George actually typed it, or if maybe if it was actually put together by Gary or even Lyman himself.....again, you have no idea and no facts to base anything on. The next release could put interactive character holograms on the playfield, with full Batgirl strip mode, and you are going to find fault with something. I guess you need to get your 15K worth of satisfaction for the error you made in recommending a pin that everyone knew would take lots of time to develop. Life is too short to focus this much negativity on one thing. If you know actual facts, then by all means, we can discuss them all day long.....but deciding someone's intent based on an extra letter in a sentence? Who would have thought, all of those years in investigations and I was doing it all wrong. lol

#3581 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Life is too short to focus this much negativity on one thing.

yeah, no shit. What a sad way to live.

#3582 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

with full Batgirl strip mode

can we stack that mode with Catwoman for double scoring!?!??!

#3583 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

can we stack that mode with Catwoman for double scoring!?!??!

Absolutely, Lyman will be more than happy to make that happen, but it will mean another delay, and another letter from Gomez............lol

#3584 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Absolutely, Lyman will be more than happy to make that happen, but it will mean another delay, and another letter from Gomez............lol

Thevwait is just not acceptable. It's way too long between updates for this flagship title that Stern is hoping to release several more as the cost is extremely high.

It will get done, but I'm thinking it won't be finished for another year or more.

Next update should be big maybe even to. 86, bit there so much to do. The villain modes are important and no one knows how they will work.

#3585 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thevwait is just not acceptable. It's way too long between updates for this flagship title that Stern is hoping to release several more as the cost is extremely high.
It will get done, but I'm thinking it won't be finished for another year or more.
Next update should be big maybe even to. 86, bit there so much to do. The villain modes are important and no one knows how they will work.

The comment was actually a joke if you look at what I was making reference to. I still have no idea why people put so much stock in version numbers....there is no actual standard, and he can make the next drop V100 if he wants to....it means nothing so far as content goes. It is just a sequential inventory number. Please Lyman, make the next drop V365 to show you have been working on the code every day for a full year.........lol

#3586 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

The comment was actually a joke if you look at what I was making reference to. I still have no idea why people put so much stock in version numbers

I agree, I have no idea what the version number means. It seems inconsistent between games but someone in this thread (or others) decided that once a game hits 1.0 it means it is ready to be released. I know this game will be great and I have always said that Stern should make a Tom Petty pin because "The waiting is the hardest part".

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I still have no idea why people put so much stock in version numbers....there is no actual standard, and he can make the next drop V100 if he wants to....it means nothing so far as content goes.

Quoted from marksf123:

I agree, I have no idea what the version number means. It seems inconsistent between games but someone in this thread (or others) decided that once a game hits 1.0 it means it is ready to be released.

Agreed, I often think Lyman revision number is more for himself than us, he may work on an update and have 3 or 4 revisions of it before its released to us, so for his own reference calls its v1.20, 1.25, 1.30 etc depending on the code and content he adds, I honestly don't give a sh*t what the update number is, content is king!

#3588 6 years ago

Version numbering is irrelevant.

It's reasonable to assume that version 1.00 assumes "this is what I wanted to achieve when the plan for the game was put together". Anything above or below that is arbitrary.

I don't care what the numbering in if the game is done and relatively bug free.

#3589 6 years ago

IMG_4296 (resized).JPGIMG_4296 (resized).JPG

IMG_4297 (resized).JPGIMG_4297 (resized).JPG

#3590 6 years ago

Is there a mantis protector for BM66 yet?

If not is there a BM66 owner local to him that could help with making a protector?

#3591 6 years ago

F

Changed out node board and still topper doesn't work

After sending topper itself for review

Not a topper guy but I'd like for it to work

Can anybody tell me what the dip setting are on that little node board on top left corner of back box?

#3592 6 years ago

I think it's all down. Corrected up down up down. Having vision problems as I just had eye surgery

IMAG0563 (resized).jpgIMAG0563 (resized).jpg

#3593 6 years ago

Mines up,down,up,down, left to right

#3594 6 years ago

Ice can you go into your service menu and go to Node board test? I am pretty sure that screen shows you, your node board switch settings. If hank and mark are near there games they could do the same and compare?

#3595 6 years ago

I just physically looked, but can go in the menu to see...

#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I just physically looked, but can go in the menu to see...

Could be handy incase something isn't registering correctly from the board the cpu? I don't know I'm just guessing, but if physical switches are the same on your game and hanks and switches match up in menu, it rules out any guess work for Ice.

I am at work tonight but I'll check mine once I'm back with my game.

#3597 6 years ago

I appreciate it Mark and Hank!

Haven't done the up, down, up, down yet

Jon, I went into service menu. Node board 8?

#3598 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate it Mark and Hank!
Haven't done the up, down, up, down yet
Jon, I went into service menu. Node board 8?

I think it tells you what the boards are for dude, sure they where named when I was flicking through mine the other day.

#3599 6 years ago

It does but nothing says topper.

It's getting power but maybe not recognized

Boards 8-12 are

#3600 6 years ago

Odd I am pretty sure mine said topper, hopefully hank and mark can check since they are at home.

Maybe process of elimination, if #8 is the only one not named that's your boy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.