PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 373.
#6151 6 years ago

I installed my mod and am happy with it overall. The flasher dome on the top of mine is pretty scuffed though. Anyone else have that?

#6152 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I installed my mod and am happy with it overall. The flasher dome on the top of mine is pretty scuffed though. Anyone else have that?

Not mine. But couldn't you use the Stern dome off the old pile?

#6153 6 years ago

Joining the club today officially, with my BM66 LE Episode #3. Looking forward to learning with everyone here!

IMG_8274 (resized).jpgIMG_8274 (resized).jpg
IMG_8283 (resized).jpgIMG_8283 (resized).jpg
IMG_8290 (resized).jpgIMG_8290 (resized).jpg
IMG_8296 (resized).jpgIMG_8296 (resized).jpg
IMG_8309 (resized).jpgIMG_8309 (resized).jpg
IMG_8315 (resized).jpgIMG_8315 (resized).jpg

#6154 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Joining the club today officially, with my BM66 LE Episode #3. Looking forward to learning with everyone here!

Welcome to the club. What took you so long? Lol. You did well to find an NIB B66LE after 12 months.

Nice episode and number.

Make sure you get the replacement riveted batmobile disc off Stern if it isnt already with the game (the original had screws which will fall off). And also the fix kit which includes the left ramp cover and left plastic diverter. Mylar the shooter lane and make sure the magnet is slightly above the PF.

Even better, get on the list for MK6PIN's replacement left wireform.

Otherwise enjoy - I think youre getting in at the right time.

#6155 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks awesome. Cant wait to get mine. How long did it take to install?

It doesn't take long, but I had to break my comfort zone. You have to lift the entire playfield to install it. The only tricky part is feeding a wire through a small hole that doesn't have a lot of hand-space for maneuvering. All in all, it probably took me about 40 minutes because I went slowly and carefully.

My light didn't initially work, either. But I figured out the issue (in one of the connections, the wire had been pushed out so the male/female metal connectors weren't making contact), and another 30 minutes of testing and troubleshooting later, it was working. It looks amazing.

#6156 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Nice! Welcome to the club. I'm surpised there are still NIB out there.

#6157 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Welcome to the club. What took you so long? Lol. You did well to find an NIB B66LE after 12 months.
Nice episode and number.
Make sure you get the replacement riveted batmobile disc off Stern if it isnt already with the game (the original had screws which will fall off). And also the fix kit which includes the left ramp cover and left plastic diverter. Mylar the shooter lane and make sure the magnet is slightly above the PF.
Even better, get on the list for MK6PIN's replacement left wireform.
Otherwise enjoy - I think youre getting in at the right time.

Thanks for the tips! What's the most efficient way to get Stern's repair kits? Nothing like that came with the game (I presume because it had an early manufacture date). Also... Tell me more about mylaring the shooter lane. Where precisely do I do that (and why?)

#6158 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Thanks for the tips! What's the most efficient way to get Stern's repair kits? Nothing like that came with the game (I presume because it had an early manufacture date). Also... Tell me more about mylaring the shooter lane. Where precisely do I do that (and why?)

Ask your distributor or call 1-800-KICKERS and ask for the wireform kit and the riveted batmobile.

You can just buy bulk mylar and just cut it to fit in the shooter lane to protect it somewhat, but I'd recommend getting a cliffy for the shooter lane an the rollovers in the return lanes, at least. One cliffy protector for the scoop by the commissioner Gordon standup, too.

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I received mine. Great job on re-creating a complex design thats not only looks great but is also plug and play both electrically and physically within the game.
The mod is well made but I can confirm that it is not 100% dog proof. The package was too big for the mailbox so the mail carrier left it outside the garage door. Unfortunately the dog found it before the kids did.
Are there spare parts available?

DOC. While I haven't heard that one since grade school you send me a PM and I will get you taken care of ASAP. No dog will stand in the way of your BM happiness!! PM me you know I still owe you for the Awesome spot light! I got you covered.

#6160 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Our dog is a total idiot but the kids like him so I guess we'll have to keep him.

Maybe the dogs don't like Bats??

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Also... Tell me more about mylaring the shooter lane. Where precisely do I do that (and why?)

As PinMonk sais, Cliffys are best - contact him through his website and get a set for B66. But hes a bit behind at the moment, so you might not get them for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, cut some mylar for the shooter lane that protects just the area where the ball kicks out - from the mouth of the trough exit over to the shooter lane "wall", down to the switch slot and up as far as the ball kicks out - just past the top edge of the ball trough exit.

#6162 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As vireland sais, Cliffys are best - contact him through his website and get a set for B66. But hes a bit behind at the moment, so you might not get them for a couple of weeks. In the meantime, cut some mylar for the shooter lane that protects just the area where the ball kicks out - from the mouth of the trough exit over to the shooter lane "wall", down to the switch slot and up as far as the ball kicks out - just past the top edge of the ball trough exit.

OR... since it's temporary he could just go to Michael's (or any) craft store and get a sheet of clear removable "cling vinyl" and cut a piece that fits in the shooter lane. It sticks fine with no adhesive and then you can just pull it up when you get a more permanent solution. The stuff is very protective... in fact it works so well I just left it in my TWD premium as it's invisible and seems to stop any damage. Thicker than typical mylar also.

At least that way there's no risk of losing CC, art, etc by having to peel up sticky mylar. Would never be an issue before but with today's PF's...who knows?

I heard about this from Ice and was very skeptical but hell... it really works and can be temporary or permanent.

Cheap and easily available locally also.

#6163 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

OR... since it's temporary he could just go to Michael's (or any) craft store and get a sheet of clear removable "cling vinyl" and cut a piece that fits in the shooter lane. It sticks fine with no adhesive and then you can just pull it up when you get a more permanent solution. The stuff is very protective... in fact it works so well I just left it in my TWD premium as it's invisible and seems to stop any damage. Thicker than typical mylar also.
At least that way there's no risk of losing CC, art, etc by having to peel up sticky mylar. Would never be an issue before but with today's PF's...who knows?
I heard about this from Ice and was very skeptical but hell... it really works and can be temporary or permanent.
Cheap and easily available locally also.

100%. Haven't been able to find this over here yet, but sound like a great product.

#6164 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Awesome!! You've got a lot of catching up to do!

#6165 6 years ago

Shout out to Yelobird on the Atomic Pile Mod. I received mine last night. I am so highly impressed with what the Mod Couple created. I highly recommend it to everyone with a BM66. I am excited to see your next project.

#6166 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

DOC. While I haven't heard that one since grade school you send me a PM and I will get you taken care of ASAP. No dog will stand in the way of your BM happiness!! PM me you know I still owe you for the Awesome spot light! I got you covered.

Thanks ! Thats awesome. I'll be mailing you your very own batmobile parachute pickup van cuz you are awesome.

I'll be putting up a DIY tutorial this weekend for those who want to make their own parachute pickup service van. I will also have a small number for sale for any pinsiders who are "all thumbs" with this kind of stuff.

20171010_084458 (resized).jpg20171010_084458 (resized).jpg

#6167 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks ! Thats awesome. I'll be mailing you your very own batmobile parachute pickup van cuz you are awesome.
I'll be putting up a DIY tutorial this weekend for those who want to make their own parachute pickup service van. I will also have a small number for sale for any pinsiders who are "all thumbs" with this kind of stuff.

What a perfect addition to the game!

#6168 6 years ago

After playing my first dozen games, the magnet stared holding the ball randomly and the game didn’t seem to know where the ball was. After a few times, smokes started appearing from under the magnet. I shut the game off.

Any ideas?

#6169 6 years ago

Where can I order these mods? The pinside.com store says they are not in shock.

#6170 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where can I order these mods? The pinside.com store says they are not in shock.

Just send me a PM. Due to demand we want to keep shipping in order or request so no one waits longer than they should. Currently all items are available and though we are 2 days behind on Batch 3 Atomic Piles we are actually 2 weeks ahead of our forecasted production! Mama Mod worked every hour of this weekend (with my help) to work on these non stop. We have decided not to include Dog Treats in our shipping packages since it appears that was not a good idea! lolol

#6171 6 years ago

Yesterday I put my platform by The Mod Couple. I was waiting for my Batmobile and Batboat, to be honest, that platform is so beautiful that I decided not to put the trailer back to enjoy more of the platform design, and obviously that amazing Batlogo in the middle.

Decided to go for the Hallmark Batcopter too, the galvanized wire was painted in red like the ramp, I wanted to have the Batboat anyway so the wire was painted in blue and put it besides the right ramp. I’m waiting now for the Atomic Pile by The Mod Couple, very happy with Dave and Darcy Mods!

406098D4-30AE-415F-8F15-4D1F400587FD (resized).png406098D4-30AE-415F-8F15-4D1F400587FD (resized).png

D3DC1924-2E5A-4207-A286-96DA834F3EAA (resized).pngD3DC1924-2E5A-4207-A286-96DA834F3EAA (resized).png

1D8DCEF7-226E-4755-A69F-AB693146A3A9 (resized).png1D8DCEF7-226E-4755-A69F-AB693146A3A9 (resized).png

3C55D817-A56C-40BA-BADB-2C271D2E2187 (resized).jpeg3C55D817-A56C-40BA-BADB-2C271D2E2187 (resized).jpeg

F22CB0F5-7C62-4E42-8B3F-110C45B89E03 (resized).pngF22CB0F5-7C62-4E42-8B3F-110C45B89E03 (resized).png

054424B4-452F-4749-830C-30B63E0F7A0E (resized).jpeg054424B4-452F-4749-830C-30B63E0F7A0E (resized).jpeg

#6172 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

After playing my first dozen games, the magnet stared holding the ball randomly and the game didn’t seem to know where the ball was. After a few times, smokes started appearing from under the magnet. I shut the game off.
Any ideas?

I'd call Stern immediately since you just took ownership. 1-800-kickers.

#6173 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Any ideas?

Mine did that. Do you have mylar over the magnet? If so, take it off.

#6174 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Mine did that. Do you have mylar over the magnet? If so, take it off.

No mylar. Here's a photo of the magnet.

IMG_8323 (resized).jpgIMG_8323 (resized).jpg

#6175 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

No mylar. Here's a photo of the magnet.

Maybe the transistor that controls the magnet locked on and overheated the magnet. It has an obvious burn mark on it.

#6176 6 years ago

Since the code drop, I'm having trouble with the Award Lock not locking the ball and also, ball(s) are getting stuck in the 2:00 position of the spinner by the lock gate instead of locking the ball? I hope I'm making sense. Is there an adjustment I can make or a test to make sure it's working correctly?

And, thanks MK6PIN for the black carpet recommendation for my undercab lighting. I was able to find a cool Batman rug on Etsy. Mine is actually what she calls a Batgirl (black with purple logo), but she also has a purple with black logo and a black with yellow logo. They come in 3x5 and 5x7. Here is the link if you'd like one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/557035779/dc-superhero-rugs-3x5 . They are $82 plus $15 for shipping and $108 for the 5x7. It really looks awesome under the machine!

batgirlrug (resized).jpgbatgirlrug (resized).jpg

#6177 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe the transistor that controls the magnet locked on and overheated the magnet. It has an obvious burn mark on it.

Stern says I have to replace Node Board 9 and the magnet now. 24 hours in, already swapping boards. Bummer, but at least they are fast to help.

#6178 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Stern says I have to replace Node Board 9 and the magnet now. 24 hours in, already swapping boards. Bummer, but at least they are fast to help.

I'd also recommend looking at the wiring in the pop bumper area, underneath the playfield. They routed one of the wires through the pop bumper mech underneath and has a chance of getting caught up and maybe severed. I know on my early premium I needed to reroute it slightly and zip tie out of the way. just an FYI

#6179 6 years ago

I saw Kieth Elwin had a B66 in his 'collection' (photo on FB). So thats Kieth Elwin and Josh Sharpe. Dont know what that means, but thought id share anyway.

#6180 6 years ago

Yeah I heard Josh had gotten one. Thought that boded well for what is known on the "inside" about the game.

#6181 6 years ago

Did anyone else get a Spanish instruction card installed in the machine?

#6182 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You should have both English and Spanish versions.

#6183 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You should have both English and Spanish versions.

That would make sense, but I only have Spanish. Weird.

#6184 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That would make sense, but I only have Spanish. Weird.

NO problem, here you go! lol

71Qhm5Xd4jL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg71Qhm5Xd4jL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

#6185 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I saw Kieth Elwin had a B66 in his 'collection' (photo on FB). So thats Kieth Elwin and Josh Sharpe. Dont know what that means, but thought id share anyway.

Quoted from frolic:

Yeah I heard Josh had gotten one. Thought that boded well for what is known on the "inside" about the game.

I was told Lyman has one and George plans to get one, which he said himself at Expo.

#6186 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was told Lyman has one and George plans to get one, which he said himself at Expo.

There you go, Believing Everything George says at a public function. lol Haven't learned have you.....

#6187 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There you go, Believing Everything George says at a public function. lol Haven't learned have you.....

Well George wasn't the one that told me Lyman had one and believe me the way he has handled himself and BM66 code/in general, I wouldn't listen to a word he says moving forward

#6188 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NO problem, here you go! lol

Some debate, a theory is the Episode LE's were for non-US and Gadget LE's were for US, though that hardly seems to be how things worked out.

#6189 6 years ago

Gotta say how lucky we are Yelobird owns a B66. The other modders gave up when they realized there wouldn't be many b66 made. Not yelo.

He's not going to stop until he gets us there.....a new mod every two weeks.

#6190 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Gotta say how lucky we are Yelobird owns a B66. The other modders gave up when they realized there wouldn't be many b66 made. Not yelo.

I am pretty glad how it has all worked out on the mod front, a lot of the other modders showed their true colours when they realised BM was going to be a low production game, some even abandoned mods mid way through showing off prototypes.

And a lot have let their quality and creativity drop off a cliff face, every time I see a mod thread for the next new release its more often than not, copy and paste mods (backboard, scoop, under cabinet lighting), stuff just rushed through a 3D printer or the dreaded whack an LED in any $1 plastic toy you can find that might loosely resemble anything on the playfield/theme, to capitalise on the new game excitement.

Dave and Darcy, have come to the rescue of BM66 and given lazy modding a major creative bitch slap!

#6191 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know we ask a lot of the graph people, but would it be possible to have a graph that shows how far apart the code drops are compared to how often the Mod Couple come up with a new mod?

#6192 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I know we ask a lot of the graph people, but would it be possible to have a graph that shows how far apart the code drops are compared to how often the Mod Couple come up with a new mod?

Just if those are from Vireland.

#6193 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Probably best to give the graphs a rest for a little bit. We have an update. Granted, it's a hot mess update, but it added a lot that can be tuned now. Better than nothing.

#6194 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am pretty glad how it has all worked out on the mod front, a lot of the other modders showed their true colours when they realised BM was going to be a low production game, some even abandoned mods mid way through showing off prototypes.
And a lot have let their quality and creativity drop off a cliff face, every time I see a mod thread for the next new release its more often than not, copy and paste mods (backboard, scoop, under cabinet lighting), stuff just rushed through a 3D printer or the dreaded whack an LED in any $1 plastic toy you can find that might loosely resemble anything on the playfield/theme, to capitalise on the new game excitement.
Dave and Darcy, have come to the rescue of BM66 and given lazy modding a major creative bitch slap!

Quoted from cooked71:

Thank you Sincerely for the kind words. It really is inspiring for us both when hours of assembly and design (I mean quality time together) result in others appreciating or enjoying what we created! We try not to rush but we do try to offer something creative in a committed time frame. There are Many really great add on (mod) creators out there it really just depends on your individual taste, budget, and passion for the game title. This title for me is very personal and quite enjoyable to find inspiration. I also believe the followers (owners) of this particular title also have a personal attachment in some way to the theme which furthers the enjoyment. Thanks again to all for your support and for allowing us to contribute to your Awesome BM66 machine!! Much to come for this and other titles in the works.

The Mod Couple

#6195 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Now that you mentioned that, I checked mine and I have my card in Italian!... probably mine was ordered for an Italian customer and he changed his mind.

9F293EC7-779C-4A2D-BD19-8FE715F9133B (resized).jpeg9F293EC7-779C-4A2D-BD19-8FE715F9133B (resized).jpeg

9D400497-6274-437B-9CDD-F431E662C7F1 (resized).jpeg9D400497-6274-437B-9CDD-F431E662C7F1 (resized).jpeg

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Since the code drop, I'm having trouble with the Award Lock not locking the ball and also, ball(s) are getting stuck in the 2:00 position of the spinner by the lock gate instead of locking the ball? I hope I'm making sense. Is there an adjustment I can make or a test to make sure it's working correctly?

Award lock doesn't physically lock a ball, it just awards a solid Lock Lamp at the right loop.

If your ball is getting stuck between the the long gate that provides access to the physical lock and the up post that holds the balls in the lock as the turntable turns, then you should test the post. On my game, when this happens, the post is the first thing to move down in ball search. The ball then comes to rest on the switch in the turntable and a new ball is put into the shooter lane.

#6197 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

David, You can send me a PM for all pricing and availability. Everyone pays the same price (Except international shipping...) No favorite treatment to anyone unless your mama Mod Couple. lol We do appreciate your interest.

The Mod Couple

#6199 6 years ago

Holly Stalagmites Batman!!! The "Batman 66 Batcave Spinner" is finally Done!! This mod took me a bit longer because it introduced Several variables that I needed to consider for All interested. As we know the Batmobile Car (toy) mounted on our stock disk comes in MANY flavors, colors, makes, etc. Add to that Stern had a revision which implemented Permanent mounting of the car to the plate via a set of non removable rivets! With those variables in consideration I believe we came out with a solution that supports everyones needs and I personally think looks Darn Cool!! The kit as shown includes a diamond plate Translucent mask decal for the top or base of your Existing spinner disk. So if your car is mounted, custom, or other this will still work! The mask really accents the Batmobile parked on a mechanical type platform while still offering a clear view of the turntable below!! Then to highlight the Batcave look we have a Hand Painted set of rock walls (cave stalagmite forms) accenting the turn table similar to the Real Batcave. In Mod Couple fashion Please also notice the Very subtle raised and detailed Bat Logo in both walls of the Batcave for that Finished look!! Reminder, NO 2 rocks are the same! Each rock is hand painted and unique. While not the most extreme mod upgrade the simplicity in our view fully completes the Batcave look Especially if you have the Awesome Atomic Pile in the background! Minor note, we did not like the shiny stock screws so Black replacements will be included in every kit. Kit includes (2) Custom Batcave walls, (1) platform diamond plate decal, (2) Black finish screws, and of coarse my Detailed color instruction manual! lol If interested we are selling these Today for $29.50 with Free US shipping. Note that they will be shipping in the order of order receipt and first batches will go out Next week Monday! Thanks again to all for your interest, we appreciate your support and business!!

The Mod Couple!

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

IMG_9729 (resized).jpgIMG_9729 (resized).jpg

IMG_9728 (resized).jpgIMG_9728 (resized).jpg

#6200 6 years ago

This looks really cool!! Will there be 2 decals sent? One for top mount and one for bottom mount for those with riveted Batmobiles? My Batmobile is riveted. How will I use the decal on top of the platform? I'm also concerned about breaking the rocks when tightening the screws. I have to crank my screws pretty hard to keep the platform from flying off the posts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.