PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 373.
#2301 6 years ago

preparing for new code update

beer-snorkle-1 (resized).jpgbeer-snorkle-1 (resized).jpg

#2302 6 years ago

no code today.
I asked George. He said newest version goes into testing today. With a hope for a release early next week.
He said there's a lot in it. No other details, but its not coming today fellow owners.

#2303 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

no code today.
I asked George. He said newest version goes into testing today. With a hope for a release early next week.
He said there's a lot in it. No other details, but its not coming today fellow owners.

Well, at least we've been spared the misery of waiting for something that isn't showing up.

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

no code today.

Without sounding like a cynic hasn't George said something along these lines for the past 3 weeks? First we had code coming but a major bug put a stop to that release, then it was coming the following week but didn't materialise instead a fellow Pinsiders said George had said it was coming next week didn't know when but it was in testing and coming now here we are again another week till supposed code and no show but it's in testing again and coming next week?

I really hope this isn't the "same" code that was coming 3 weeks ago, with all this extra time due to bugs and delays it would be great if Lyman has been able to add more to the code following the major bug. Fingers crossed.

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Id suggest to start drinking now. If there isnt a code drop by the end of the day you'll have drunk enough that you wont care.

That is the plan Doc!

Just popped a top and turning em all on today.

It's gonna be a pin festivus

#2306 6 years ago

Maybe it's all part of the grand plan.

I just sprung for an ASLE today.

Never planned on that one. That'll give me another one to explore while Lyman blows it out

I'm smitten with the LCD, art and light show

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just sprung for an ASLE today.

Lol. I did too. Literally placed the order today.

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haha, yep!

I feel like one of those experimental lab rats tapping on the cocaince dispenser. Gotta have more!

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, at least we've been spared the misery of waiting for something that isn't showing up.

theresachance (resized).jpgtheresachance (resized).jpg

And three weeks of "a bug came up that prevents release" is grade "A" Gomez BS. There are plenty of recent Stern games with buggy firmware (GB still has a transient reboot bug, even). In the state BM'66 is in people EXPECT that, so there's no reason not to release the code and let people choose whether the improvements outweigh the "bug" downside. Unless that was made all up and Lyman's not been working on Batman 100% of his time as previously stated and Gomez is once again vamping for time.

4 weeks since the last Gomez Drop. A third of a year since the game shipped.

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha, yep!
I feel like one of those experimental lab rats tapping on the cocaince dispenser. Gotta have more!

No self control. At least we'll have something to distract while waiting for B66 to be finished.

Played the LE at Sunshine Laundromat and really enjoyed it.

#2311 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Whoever got rhe shark repellent gadget on their game should hang this new Franchi print on the wall next to it

I've hit him up on Facebook, and looks like he's not happy to send to Australia. Would anyone here be willing to have mine delivered to them, then on send it to me? Obviously I'd pay for the poster and shipping and would take responsibility for any damage.

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've hit him up on Facebook, and looks like he's not happy to send to Australia. Would anyone here be willing to have mine delivered to them, then on send it to me? Obviously I'd pay for the poster and shipping and would take responsibility for any damage.

I can go one better for you! Why don't you send me your LE plaque and ill send you my LE plaque and that way you don't have to worry about all the shipping hassle buying the art and it saves you some money too, please don't thank me its the least I can do ..................

#2313 6 years ago

I know everyone situations is different- but I, with a moderate nice sized collection of 6-8 games don't mind one bit how long it's taking. I simply play .7 sparingly knowing that it's more of a gimmick until finished. I focus on my titles that are "more" finished... it's gonna take time. BM66 is currently horrible in a small collection. Flip the switch to maybe 4Q17 and BM66 is going to be fantastic in *any* collection. It will take log than any of us want- and it will take longer than GG says it will- but rest assured it will be worth it.

#2314 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can go one better for you! Why don't you send me your LE plaque and ill send you my LE plaque and that way you don't have to worry about all the shipping hassle buying the art and it saves you some money too, please don't thank me its the least I can do ..................

Wow, great idea. There are no problems, only solutions.

Have you got yours yet? Code will be almost complete by the time you get it.

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, great idea. There are no problems, only solutions.
Have you got yours yet? Code will be almost complete by the time you get it.

Awesome glad you like my solution

They arrived in the UK last Sunday reached Distributor this Thursday gone (EDIT: yesterday in fact ) should be delivered next week, if the code hits early next week and its a content heavy update, it will be a great week to finally get BM66 in the house!

Now about that plaque my address is ......

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'll help you out if no one else has offered yet.

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love my ASLE!!! Grats to both of You!!!

#2318 6 years ago

I've already offered cooked71 over $1000 for his plaque to be swapped and he said no. The guy likes his Shark Repellent.

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I've already offered cooked71 over $1000 for his plaque to be swapped and he said no. The guy likes his Shark Repellent.

For $1000 I'd make you one that looks just like it and even have adam west sign it.

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For $1000 I'd make you one that looks just like it and even have adam west sign it.

IMG_2072 (resized).JPGIMG_2072 (resized).JPG

#2321 6 years ago

Plastics aren't too hard to replicate. Plus adam and burt will be in my area this august for a comicon. Easy peasy lemon squesy

#2322 6 years ago

Very disappointing that no code dropped today.

Hopefully the next update is massive.

#2323 6 years ago

Why wouldn't he want to send you a print to Australia?? You're paying for it.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah but then there are 2 people that have it! I'm sure you can probably make the super LE decals for 5k too!

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah but then there are 2 people that have it! I'm sure you can probably make the super LE decals for 5k too!

Not sure about that. Those decals are an embosed metallic so I assume its a very specialized process. Probably costs a lot when you only print 1 set.

When you see them in person they look really nice. I hope they use that style in future LE games, hopefully not for 5k though.

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

kangaroos have a history of eating them before they can get delivered.

#2327 6 years ago

Yeh, I know. Their only reason was that the goods will get damaged. I told them I would take full responsibility if it got damaged, but they haven't responded.

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I need my Shark Repellent whenever I list a game for sale.

Now, how about a certified original copy of my Shark Repellent plaque + Metallica LE for your Tron LE?

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I know. Their only reason was that the goods will get damaged. I told them I would take full responsibility if it got damaged, but they haven't responded.

Getting prints from Franchi is hit or miss. If there is any issue or hiccup, it takes months to resolve and he is horrible about timely communication. Great art, terrible customer service.

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And three weeks of "a bug came up that prevents release" is grade "A" Gomez BS. There are plenty of recent Stern games with buggy firmware (GB still has a transient reboot bug, even). In the state BM'66 is in people EXPECT that, so there's no reason not to release the code and let people choose whether the improvements outweigh the "bug" downside. Unless that was made all up and Lyman's not been working on Batman 100% of his time as previously stated and Gomez is once again vamping for time.
4 weeks since the last Gomez Drop. A third of a year since the game shipped.

I knew you couldn't resist another cheap shot. It's amazing you slam Gomez assuming third or fourth hand comments are fact. You still don't seem to understand the timeline here. Which is pretty amazing given your self-proclaimed intimate knowledge of Lyman's work habits and Stern's code development process.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Welcome Squizz, let's see a picture of your collector card.

Here is mine
I was one of the lucky premium owners.

Mine (resized).jpgMine (resized).jpg

#2332 6 years ago

That's excellent Squizz, very nice! Congratulations and enjoy!

Regards

#2333 6 years ago

I won't lie; I'm jealous, and a little irritated, that the guy joining the club 7 days ago got an auto'd card and those of us with games for 4 months didn't get one.

That's an awesome card Squizz, a great autograph and location. I hope you enjoy the hell out of your game. I know I am.

#2334 6 years ago

He might have got it 2nd hand
Or the distro had stock sitting there for a while. Australia do get the first lot of shipments usually. It just takes a month or so to get here.

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I won't lie; I'm jealous, and a little irritated, that the guy joining the club 7 days ago got an auto'd card and those of us with games for 4 months didn't get one.
That's an awesome card Squizz, a great autograph and location. I hope you enjoy the hell out of your game. I know I am.

Congrats to Squizz, but I agree. I got the first premium from my distributor and we were both surprised that my card wasn't autographed.

#2336 6 years ago

Yeah, lots of ways it happens. It's cool, and I was really hoping to get one. I did pick up an original Topps black bat card for $1 on the 'bay. Trying to decide if I like it better than what shipped with mine or not.

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Here is mine
I was one of the lucky premium owners.

Consider yourself lucky if your cabinet doesn't split. Not to be a pisser but I paid in full for my Pre the week it was announced in hopes of getting a signed card. Didn't get one and not happy that buyers 6 months down the road are getting signed cards. Thanks Stern!

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome glad you like my solution
They arrived in the UK last Sunday reached Distributor this Thursday gone (EDIT: yesterday in fact ) should be delivered next week, if the code hits early next week and its a content heavy update, it will be a great week to finally get BM66 in the house!
Now about that plaque my address is ......

mine is being delivered tomorrow!

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

mine is being delivered tomorrow!

One day too early Neil, code doesn't come till Thursday

#2340 6 years ago

5 weeks since last update?

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yep

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'll be five weeks if another Gomez Drop hits on Thurs.

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

5 weeks weeks real time = 2 weeks Gomez time

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

5 weeks weeks real time = 2 weeks Gomez time

2/5 Gomez time is still a distant second to dog years 1/7. Not that I'm sure that's a bragging point.

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stated in other thread...no more guesses from me....on the " maybe Thursday " train moving forward...

#2346 6 years ago

batman-snail-1 (resized).jpgbatman-snail-1 (resized).jpg

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One day too early Neil, code doesn't come till Thursday

That's cool I can update it in time for my twitch stream at 21:30 UK time (UTC+1) on Friday! Http://www.twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Neil.

#2348 6 years ago

Thank guy's.

I would assume that being Stern sends them to Australia first, There was a much higher chance that ours would have a signed card installed.
Sorry to hear about others who missed out!

Looking forward to the new code, and the surprises that Lyman has installed for us!

#2349 6 years ago

I'm telling you if the next update is labeled 0.71 I'm gonna be pissed!

#2350 6 years ago

I'm telling you if the next update is labeled 0.71 I'm gonna be pissed!

It's just a number. He could call it 1.23 if it made you feel better.

What's more important is what is in there (and what isn't).

An update containing minor villains and gadgets integrated properly would be pretty decent.

We've been told that call outs will be last, so I'm not expecting that yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.