Topic Stats

• 14,886 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 298.
#2701 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Looks like you have installed the kit from stern to cover more of your left wireform and keep balls from flying off. Do you have the deflector that goes on the plastic at the bottom of the "GADGET" bank to keep the ball from getting stuck. They don't advertise, you have to ask for it.

Hmm, that deflector (its metal) was actually in my pkg that contained the ramp fix- and I didn't ask for it. I called and received pkg in prob Jan/Feb

#2702 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Looks like you have installed the kit from stern to cover more of your left wireform and keep balls from flying off. Do you have the deflector that goes on the plastic at the bottom of the "GADGET" bank to keep the ball from getting stuck. They don't advertise, you have to ask for it.

My machine came with the plastic cover over both wireform ramps in the back. It also does have the deflector by catgirl/gadget to prevent the left drain from a ball that gets up there. I bought the game new from http://www.joystixamusements.com/ here in Houston. It's possible they might have installed these, but I assumed Stern was shipping them now like this due to previous issues. My balls never fly off the ramps.

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Cool mods, dude! Where did you get the blades from?

When I bought it from http://www.joystixamusements.com/ here in Houston they offered me the option of buying a set of blades. They had these with all the villains, like the intro to the TV show. They also had a set that was just the onomatopoeias which is often shown in pictures of the LE or SLE versions. I'm very pleased with these as it really enhances the artwork and theme of the cabinet.

#2704 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

A few questions for the group:
1. Is anyone having issues with their cabs splitting yet like AS has? I can't find the thread dedicated to the cab complaints.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets

#2705 2 years ago

Thanks thundergod76 I'd drained that thread. That thread had pics of what I needed for the metal brackets, so I don't need any more info about the cabs. Cheers.

#2706 2 years ago

It is so relaxing when I come back to this thread...I've been in Star Wars for the past days and there's a lot of hate there, criticism, attacks, envy, lack of respect for personal taste or pov, low insults,etc.

Off course sometimes here it's like a multiball too, but the pics, the people proud of their new Batman66, sharing scores, new toys, positive comments about the last code are simply very nice things to read. My Family and me, we're completely happy with our Batman66 Pinball, I'm 100% proud to be owner of one.

Regards fellas, and thank you.

#2707 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It is so relaxing when I come back to this thread...I've been in Star Wars for the past days and there's a lot of hate there, criticism, attacks, envy, lack of respect for personal taste or pov, low insults,etc.
Off course sometimes here it's like a multiball too, but the pics, the people proud of their new Batman66, sharing scores, new toys, positive comments about the last code are simply very nice things to read. My Family and me, we're completely happy with our Batman66 Pinball, I'm 100% proud to be owner of one.

Yep I totally agree
Now...To the Batpoles...

#2708 2 years ago

Anyone have an issue with their crane motor not working out of the box? Apparently my NIB machine at SFGE is having an issue. I'm not back to the show myself yet but Marco and friends are working on it. Figured I'd ask here and hopefully by time I get back to show in 2 hours it is either fixed or one of you have chimed in with a solution.

#2709 2 years ago

Okay, so we're about half way in between the most recent and next BM66 code updates and there's not a lot to talk about until the next code drop, except the crazy SW threads, so what do we all think is coming in the next code update? Keeping in mind that there was quite a bit of polish and some new clips in the last update, though a couple of the primary modes are probably in line to catch up to the last update's polish. Here are the most likely options I could think of:

1 - A surprise new mode like Bat Turn. (This is my personal vote and hope right now)
2 - Implementation of Minor Villains.
3 - A much bigger implementation of Gadgets than what we've seen thus far.
4 - Implementation of Seasons.
5 - Wizard or Minor Wizard modes, creation, updates, or polish.
6 - A substantial amount (shit load) of new call outs and video clips.
7 - Just a lot more polish, bug fixes, etc., kind of like the last update.

So, what's on your minds if you care to opine?

#2710 2 years ago

For the Lyman fans, he is doing Elvira 3 after this game so add that to your list

#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For the Lyman fans, he is doing Elvira 3 after this game so add that to your list

Really?!? Great, another game I'm going to have to buy.

#2712 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Okay, so we're about half way in between the most recent and next BM66 code updates and there's not a lot to talk about until the next code drop, except the crazy SW threads, so what do we all think is coming in the next code update? Keeping in mind that there was quite a bit of polish and some new clips in the last update, though a couple of the primary modes are probably in line to catch up to the last update's polish. Here are the most likely options I could think of:
1 - A surprise new mode like Bat Turn. (This is my personal vote and hope right now)

If you look at the different text strings in pinball browser (last version of code you can use it with is 0.69) the Bat-turn text messages were there but I didn't see references to any other mode except for "Batusi Champion Award", I think that might be an upcoming multiball or wizard mode. Maybe there is stuff in the code after 0.69 but pinball browser doesn't work with those versions yet.

Curious how the minor villains will be implemented. There are texts in there that say things like "Shame 59/60, "Egghead 29/30" so I suspect the some of the minor villain modes will entail a crap load of shots to complete. There is also a setting for minor villain super jackpots as well.

Based on the text strings in the 0.69 code, I think you will only be able to select a minor villain if the season they were in has been lit. For example Shame was only in season 2 and 3 so if you didn't light those seasons yet then he can't be selected. Interestingly in the code text strings, it shows Mr Freeze as only listed for season 2. The Mr Freeze character was also in season 1 as well but was played by a different actor. The Mr Freeze used in the game art is the Otto Preminger version and he was only in season 2 so I think that why he is only selectable in season 2. Batgirl was only in season 3, maybe she'll pop up in future code as a selectable season 3 minor mode?

In one of Franchi interviews he said something about the need to get the artwork for all 120 bat gadget artwork done by a certain point so it could be used to make the plaques and be added to the code. So maybe we'll see each gadget actually get a specific name/picture on the LCD when you earn them?

I'm also hoping for more call outs and video clips. In the star wars thread people are getting excited about the mention of 400 video clips. Batman has whopping 1800 video clips in the code and it will be awesome if it actually uses all of them in future code.

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Agreed, but man, some of the early hate threads for this title were brutal ( may still be going, but I drained them sometime back). Early LE, and fortunate SLE adopters were attacked heavily.

Nice to see things settling, as this great machine matures code wise. I thoroughly enjoy mine, and do find the club threads interesting and informative most of the time.

#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

8. Batgirl

#2716 2 years ago

Was just about to post.

R.I.P. Adam.

Thanks for the wonder, hope and fun that you brought to Batman.

For me, there was only one Batman - Adam West.

#2717 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was just about to post.
R.I.P. Adam.

Agree . . . a sad day.

#2718 2 years ago

Maybe he'll be back next week.

Same Bat Time!

Same Bat Channel!

#2719 2 years ago

Stern was very fortunate to get him (and Burt) to do the hundreds of custom call outs for the game last year. I'm assuming he was probably the oldest guy they ever got to do custom call outs on a pinball machine. He really went all out on a lot of them. After talking to him at a show this spring he said really enjoyed doing it.

We can look forward to his next Batman animated film which I think he finished the voice work for already:

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-return-of-the-caped-crusaders-sequel/

#2720 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was just about to post.
R.I.P. Adam.

Same here. Thankfully, he got to see himself and the series captured in our beautiful BM66 pinball machines. He might have had some slow career years after the original series, but he really gained a lot of momentum and went out strong.

#2721 2 years ago

Here's our little video submission for the Batman 66 SLE pinball machine.
You brought great joy & excitement to my otherwise poor and boring childhood.
Farewell caped crusader

#2722 2 years ago

Sad. But I'm glad we were privy to the last year of his life and it all seemed to be a positive thing for him.

#2723 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Here's our little video submission for the Batman 66 SLE pinball machine.
You brought great joy & excitement to my otherwise poor and boring childhood.
Farewell caped crusader
ยป YouTube video

Nice video and well done!

#2724 2 years ago

RIP dear Sir. Such a huge part of my childhood that continues to this day. You will be greatly missed.

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Nice video and well done!

thanks, had the kid do the camera work, so a little wiggly. wanted to make it a family project.

#2726 2 years ago

Adam West was such an important part of my childhood (born 1978). I loved the show as a kid and still do as an adult.

So sad to see him go. I'm really happy that Stern decided to do Batman 66. Adam West will forever be part of my life through the game and the series on blu-ray.

I really wish I was able to go to the Chicago expo to meet him.

#2727 2 years ago

IMG_2119.JPG

#2728 2 years ago

RIP Adam West.
Goodnight caped crusader. You will be sorely missed

#2729 2 years ago

Had my BM66LE re-unboxing tonight seemed like the perfect time and a fitting way to honour Adam West and remember the role that made so many childhoods so fun and brought so many sons and fathers closer together!

Thank you Adam & R.I.P.

#2730 2 years ago

I was so grateful to meet him at expo, during the "meet and greet" signing thing for the pin. I simply told him " you'll be the real batman, forever, in my book" he smiled and said thanks.....sad, sad day

#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Had my BM66LE re-unboxing tonight

"re-unboxing" ???

Is that where you break down the machine, put all the foam packing blocks on it, slide it back into the box, tape it all back up, then wait a day or so and then pull it back out to re-live the feeling?

#2732 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

"re-unboxing" ???
Is that where you break down the machine, put all the foam packing blocks on it, slide it back into the box, tape it all back up, then wait a day or so and then pull it back out to re-live the feeling?

are you implying we shouldn't be doing this each day ?

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

"re-unboxing" ???

Correct

Cracked it open to inspect it but wasn't ready for a full unboxing, after the sad news of Adams passing it only seemed right to unbox and play in his honor!

Quoted from labnip:

are you implying we shouldn't be doing this each day ?

See, labnip gets it!

#2734 2 years ago

Well this sucks. This has been hanging for approaching an hour. What to do?

image (resized).jpg

#2735 2 years ago

Just did the same update to mine this morning took about 15 mins maybe seemed fairly steady.

Wouldn't know what to suggest if it was my game and still stuck there in another half hour I'd probably risk doing a quick power cycle.

#2736 2 years ago

It worked on second try. Whew

#2737 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It worked on second try. Whew

Your new PRE is looking very spiffy with those mirror blades! I'm holding out to see what Franchi comes up with for Stern. The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

I'm guessing they haven't sold enough games yet to make doing accessories worthwhile.

#2739 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm guessing they haven't sold enough games yet to make doing accessories worthwhile.

Not sure I'm buying this. LEs and SLEs are sold. And last Stern factory video showed PREs still being made. More than enough to do at least a small run of accessories at this point.

#2740 2 years ago

Your new PRE is looking very spiffy with those mirror blades! I'm holding out to see what Franchi comes up with for Stern. The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

Call your distributor. They should be able to order you the art blades that came on the LE.

#2741 2 years ago

The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

Quoted from jfh:

In the last factory tour video they were making bat signal projectors for the LE toppers so at least we should be seeing those.

#2742 2 years ago

Has anyone adjusted their magnet yet?

I was cleaning my playfield today and noticed one side was a little too low.

Easy adjustment?

#2743 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone adjusted their magnet yet?
I was cleaning my playfield today and noticed one side was a little too low.
Easy adjustment?

Yeh mine sunk a little. Refer to post #1159 in this thread and you'll see what to do

#2744 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yeh mine sunk a little. Refer to post #1159 in this thread and you'll see what to do

Thanks I just came to ask the same question, linked the post below for reference but it really needs marking as a KEY post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/24#post-3564988

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the last factory tour video they were making bat signal projectors for the LE toppers so at least we should be seeing those.

Yes!!!...very anxious for this add....

#2746 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes!!!...very anxious for this add....

+1

When are the accessories for BM being released!? GB and AS accessories where announced and released almost simultaneously.

#2747 2 years ago

Finally got around to adding some authentic tv music. Felt compelled to do this in honor of Adam's passing. Stern really cut the length of the attract music in the latest code unfortunately. I'm sure this can be incorporated into other aspects of the game. This was my first go around on BM66. More to tweak for sure.

#2748 2 years ago

Maybe just me, but have had an extra fun time on the machine tonight...Adam will live forever through this game...

Taking some turntable pics for a pinsider in a bit. Anyone experimenting with different rubber configs in the turntable itself? I've found one of the 1.5" rubbers is getting pounded on the post between Batphone and Atomic Pile entrance ( table turns a bit slow to change setup). I've switched that config to smaller sized post rubbers...works great. Also, sizing on other rubber a bit tight she, as well, and started to wear prematurely ( think it was a 1 1/4", changed to an 1 1/2"... will confirm).

That area is going to get pounded as it becomes more relevant....just a heads up....mark

#2749 2 years ago

Yeah it's very cool to be a part of one of the last projects Adam West was involved in.

A good piece of a great legacy for him

The callouts and signed cards are super cool

You guys that got to meet him at Expo was a great experience

So glad I have this pin

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe just me, but have had an extra fun time on the machine tonight...Adam will live forever through this game.

So true. This game means more to me now than ever. First time I fired it up after hearing of his passing I cracked the biggest smile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside