PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 373.
#2201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A hilarious statement since I do game software for a living. I have about 25 years of experience with the "software development process", so yeah, I know BS when I see it regarding coding output vs claimed time allocated. No way Lyman is spending 100% of his time on Batman '66 for the last 19 weeks as Gomez claimed

Then you of all people should know that being on a project full time does not equate to 40 hours a week of coding/development.

I know BS when I see it too. If you were to look in a mirror it would be obvious where it's coming from.

#2202 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You miss my point that I am trying to make. It is not about the code development at all, my gripes are with the fact that Stern cannot be trusted with their statements. Not regarding the code, not regarding the number of SLE's being built etcetera.

Ah. Well on that, I agree. To a point. Stern has a long way to go with communication (see the GB playfield replacement issues). But most of the knock on BM66 code has been based on third party comments, not anything official from Stern (and no, George's "every two weeks" was not an official Stern position).

"Can Stern be trusted?" Is a whole different conversation of which Batman code is only a small part. The future buying patterns of past (and potential future) Stern customers will provide the answer to that question.

#2203 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, we're now 1 week from 20 weeks, about 5 months, since release. And we're at .70, not .90 or .95 or, heaven forbid, 1.00. Nowhere close to what would be considered releasable code.
So there goes that excuse - the "5 months too soon" buffer is gone.

100% agree with this statement.

#2204 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then you of all people should know that being on a project full time does not equate to 40 hours a week of coding/development.
I know BS when I see it too. If you were to look in a mirror it would be obvious where it's coming from.

You're right. Full time in software development is often 60 and sometimes 80 hours a week in crunch time. But you're not helping your case.

#2205 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

100% agree with this statement.

I realized I was off by a month. It's been 4 months since release. Let's call it a 4am error. Still same point.

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have no reflection, so no, it's not obvious to a creature of the night. Thank you for mocking my pain.

#2207 6 years ago

Ok, so honest question here. I have no idea how the software development is done for this game. However, I have a fair bit of experience in development, including running development for a software company. We tried to break products down into the smallest independent modules we could. Not only did this facilitate reuse, it also simplified testing and allowed multiple teams to work on components independently. (It's the old axiom "what one developer can code in one week, two can code in three") As a result, when we decided on a specific release package, large chunks of work could be excluded from the release. Maybe some aspect wasn't done, perhaps there were efficiency issues, maybe the test process couldn't be completed in time or, god forbid, maybe there were bugs. Added to this was the fact that a release would often include changes to some of the 'behind the curtain' code to enhance supportability, efficiency or lay the groundwork for some future capability. These often took a lot of time but were hidden from the users. As a result, it would be impossible for an outsider to conjecture on how much time was spent on development between two releases.

So now for my questions. Are the components structured in a similar manner? In other words, is work on callouts independent from video, independent from the this feature (say crane), independent from another feature (say turntable)? If so, is it possible that large amounts of time are being spent coding components that are not included in a given release? Is it also possible that some aspects are being reworked for efficiency, future needs, etc.?

#2208 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're right. Full time in software development is often 60 and sometimes 80 hours a week in crunch time. But you're not helping your case.

You should really learn to quit when you're behind. Now you want to change project management methodology to try and make a point? I've been an architect, developer and project manager on major (multi-million dollar) and minor software projects so I know you are cherry picking to advance your point without any basis in fact. You aren't part of Stern development nor privy to their process. Stop claiming you know better than those at Stern that actually do.

#2209 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Ok, so honest question here. I have no idea how the software development is done for this game. However, I have a fair bit of experience in development, including running development for a software company. We tried to break products down into the smallest independent modules we could. Not only did this facilitate reuse, it also simplified testing and allowed multiple teams to work on components independently. (It's the old axiom "what one developer can code in one week, two can code in three") As a result, when we decided on a specific release package, large chunks of work could be excluded from the release. Maybe some aspect wasn't done, perhaps there were efficiency issues, maybe the test process couldn't be completed in time or, god forbid, maybe there were bugs. Added to this was the fact that a release would often include changes to some of the 'behind the curtain' code to enhance supportability, efficiency or lay the groundwork for some future capability. These often took a lot of time but were hidden from the users. As a result, it would be impossible for an outsider to conjecture on how much time was spent on development between two releases.
So now for my questions. Are the components structured in a similar manner? In other words, is work on callouts independent from video, independent from the this feature (say crane), independent from another feature (say turntable)? If so, is it possible that large amounts of time are being spent coding components that are not included in a given release? Is it also possible that some aspects are being reworked for efficiency, future needs, etc.?

This would be interesting to know. We know that the work on the callouts for Batman 66 and presumably most/all of the video (not necessarily new animation) has been done because they are already in the code.

I presume that coding for the platform (Spike 2, which is new with BM66) may include function not fully utilized by BM66 and is therefore somewhat independent, but that code for specific game features like the crane and turntable is not.

I think we have some evidence of work for efficiency/future needs of the platform in the last few updates (replacing the old style red dots instant info, support for incremental updates) that aren't directly related to Batman code. If indeed Lyman is responsible for the Spike 2 platform code as well as the Batman code, then the pace of game feature enhancement can be understood. But I don't think we should assume Lyman is doing all the work. I doubt he is doing any of the graphics or any asset editing.

I would love to see Stern put something together to show us what was involved in development of both Spike 2 and Batman.

#2210 6 years ago

We are still waiting on our BM66 pins to show up in the UK so that certainly makes the code wait easier and I totally get what many are saying in this thread that PinMonk has repeated his frustrations multiple times but I totally see where he and others that are not happy are coming from.

This is Sterns anniversary pin and we all know it was revealed/released 5-6 months ahead of schedule but this was also marketed as Sterns anniversary pin, a celebration of their 30years in pinball and in many ways a thank you pin to all of us that helped them reach that milestone through the dark times when they could have easily gone out of business.

BM66 should be a priority on all fronts (quality control, code, communication) for Stern, this was the pin to show a new Stern that communicates and appreciates their supporters/customers and to also show the Stern that will be moving forward with quality issues resolved and setting the benchmark once again for not just cornerstone releases (Pro, Prem, LE) but setting a president for future SLE releases, clearly non of that has happened and it's resulted in turning customers like PinMonk and his Operator colleagues away.

We all want the same thing and that is for BM66 to be a gem that marks an amazing achievement for Stern, thanks to Lyman it probably will be but it would have been nice to see Stern push their first SLE tiered release with new found professionalism and pride.

#2211 6 years ago

Good post @jonm. I think we can all agree that Stern has failed miserably in demonstrating that they understand how to commicate with their customers or acknowledge and thank the customers who supported Stern so they could even have an anniversary pin.

But Stern succeeds in spite of itself because operators, enthusiasts and rec room buyers (to use Gary's market segments) continue to buy new games no matter what Stern does (or more correctly, doesn't do). Until there is a marked decrease in sales that can be directly attributed to Stern's failures, we are just going to see more of the same.

#2212 6 years ago

Why it's late or how much time or % of time Lyman is spending on the game is irrelevant. Stern had full control of their release schedule and have known the date of their 30th anniversary for 30 years. The 'pushed it up 5 months' excuse was their choice. It wasn't some reward for us to have this game pushed forward in the schedule.

Stern isn't treating this as the high-end experience they sold it to be. They created this situation for themselves. Everyone has a pretty good reason to be displeased with the progress.

I'm enjoying my game a lot, and it's been largely trouble-free. I do think that when it's done, it'll be a classic. It already has a lot of the elements making for a very fun high-risk, high-reward game to get huge scores while being pretty approachable and easy for modest scores.

Based on the number of little hiccups and bugs I see when playing (having multiball, TV Villain, Mystery and hitting the scoop with the spinner spinning for example), I suspect that the dev team is struggling to get through some pretty basic stuff when changes are made. Just speculation though.

#2213 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I'm hopeful that there has been some behind the scenes work all along on the minor villains and that we'll see them in the next update or so and it'll jump up 10% or further along. Perhaps Lyman has been working and building on minor villains all along, but has had to keep it unimplemented in game play thus far due to Gomez insisting on smaller but faster updates than usual. It's probably something that has to be turned on all the way or not at all, without bugging up the game play. Anyway, that's my rationalization about why it seems to be taking longer than my backseat driving self thinks it should take.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program......it's Friday, where is yesterday's expected code drop?

#2214 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But Stern succeeds in spite of itself because operators, enthusiasts and rec room buyers (to use Gary's market segments) continue to buy new games no matter what Stern does (or more correctly, doesn't do). Until there is a marked decrease in sales that can be directly attributed to Stern's failures, we are just going to see more of the same.

That's the thing that is most puzzling about this release, it's like Stern have shot themselves in the foot for all future SLE releases, this should have been the newer more transparent Stern upon release, yet like you said they have failed on all fronts and I can only imagine damaged alot of customer trust with future SLE releases.

Gomez continuing to loosely promise code updates and miss every date hasn't helped and probably made people more sensitive to this release that alone is like loading the bullets themselves for the next shot, they are running out of toes at this rate

#2215 6 years ago

Quick reminder that Lyman's signature is on the LE's and above- not just George. Recommended: ignore Vireland and get on with your life. Give it a few mos as was always the case....

#2216 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Quick reminder that Lyman's signature is on the LE's and above- not just George. Recommended: ignore Vireland and get on with your life. Give it a few mos as was always the case....

I agree Random and I am sure vireland is more than aware Lyman is going to eventually work his magic on this game and make it another one of Sterns best, the way I read Vireland's post is he's less frustrated with BM66 physically and more frustrated with Gomez's communication which lets be fair has been pretty inexcusable for their first SLE release.

I also don't think we should be ignoring each other just because we have different opinions or feelings towards how BM66 currently sits, if we don't show as a group we expect better communication and game support especially at these SLE tiered releases (prices) then nothing will change from Stern, I love Stern but they do make it hard sometimes

#2217 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Good advice, but I actually don't block anyone. nothing on here really bothers me compared to what I deal with in the "outside" real world (although when vireland said he had no reflection, sort of caught me offguard...is that like "casts no shadow" too)

You are 100% right about the game, however.

#2218 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm hopeful that there has been some behind the scenes work all along on the minor villains and that we'll see them in the next update or so and it'll jump up 10% or further along. Perhaps Lyman has been working and building on minor villains all along, but has had to keep it unimplemented in game play thus far due to Gomez insisting on smaller but faster updates than usual. It's probably something that has to be turned on all the way or not at all, without bugging up the game play.

This is a great point. There could very well be code that is just being branched around because a particular feature isn't ready for prime time. The other thing to consider is that it always take some extra time to get a release candidate together (build, test, regression test) so any time spent getting a release ready for us is less time spent on actually writing code. (Probably not a lot, but still).

#2219 6 years ago

I recently purchased a B66 Premium Edition and having a blast. I've read through this entire thread and want to thank you for all the discussion and great mods. It's helped me avoid a few problems by checking for loose screws and frames on the playfield before firing it up. Here's a photo of the card that came with mine.

B66-Card (resized).jpgB66-Card (resized).jpg

#2220 6 years ago

That's a sweet looking card. Congrats and welcome to the club!

#2221 6 years ago

That's a sweet looking card. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Big time!!!!!

#2222 6 years ago

Cadmium that's a very nice card, to be honest...probably one of the best. Thank you for sharing with us, and as Thundergod76 said "Welcome to the club!"

Regards

#2223 6 years ago

Heya Folks!
Played the newest iteration of code on Batman '66 last night at Logan Arcade, and we discovered the method on how to BLOW UP this game.

The link to the whole stream is here where we try to figure it out:

The shortcut link to the final analysis of getting a HUGE score is in the video description!

<3
Jack (Dead Flip)

#2224 6 years ago

Code freaks, please slowly step away from the ledge

IMG_8639 (resized).JPGIMG_8639 (resized).JPG

#2225 6 years ago

That is amazing

#2226 6 years ago

I am starting to get the itch for a new game. BM66 is on the list as I love the theme. I am tired with reading all of the histronic-filled threads and commentary. I'm probably opening myself up for more of the same; however, I'm feeling brave. My criteria for selection of a game (with commentary) includes (in no particular order):
1) Theme- Don't need any input on whether one likes it or not
2) Art - I have eyes, I have, like everyone, my own design aesthetic so no input needed
3) Cost - I can read my bank statement and look up the MSRP so, again, no input needed
4) Code - per my earlier post, I have run software development. We had a product roadmap that showed the sequencing of functionality. This was sometimes provided to customers (albeit with caveats). Does such a thing exist for this game?
5) Code - On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the enjoyment of the game when first released and right now? (0-unplayable , 10 -perfect)
6) Code - What is the reasonable upper limit for the code (1-10)
7) Playability/flow - out of the box (1-10) with minor adjustments (1-10) with new parts and pieces (that are readily available) 1-10
8) callouts - when first released (1-10) now (1-10) what you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (1-10)
9) Randomness/Brutality of the game for an average player (I believe there is only one magnet?) Is there a lot of luck and how badly are you punished for bricking a shot? (I understand some things like outlanes can be adjusted so just assume the default)
10) Ball times/game times? What are you finding is the length of a typical game?
11) Game speed? How fast is the game (1-10)

I apologize for all the questions but I really value the opinions of those that have the game
Thanks

#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I am starting to get the itch for a new game. BM66 is on the list as I love the theme. I am tired with reading all of the histronic-filled threads and commentary. I'm probably opening myself up for more of the same; however, I'm feeling brave. My criteria for selection of a game (with commentary) includes (in no particular order):
1) Theme- Don't need any input on whether one likes it or not
2) Art - I have eyes, I have, like everyone, my own design aesthetic so no input needed
3) Cost - I can read my bank statement and look up the MSRP so, again, no input needed
4) Code - per my earlier post, I have run software development. We had a product roadmap that showed the sequencing of functionality. This was sometimes provided to customers (albeit with caveats). Does such a thing exist for this game?
5) Code - On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the enjoyment of the game when first released and right now? (0-unplayable , 10 -perfect)
6) Code - What is the reasonable upper limit for the code (1-10)
7) Playability/flow - out of the box (1-10) with minor adjustments (1-10) with new parts and pieces (that are readily available) 1-10
callouts - when first released (1-10) now (1-10) what you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (1-10)
9) Randomness/Brutality of the game for an average player (I believe there is only one magnet?) Is there a lot of luck and how badly are you punished for bricking a shot? (I understand some things like outlanes can be adjusted so just assume the default)
10) Ball times/game times? What are you finding is the length of a typical game?
11) Game speed? How fast is the game (1-10)
I apologize for all the questions but I really value the opinions of those that have the game
Thanks

4) Uh, no. You will never get that with Stern. This is actually a hilarious question for anyone that knows Stern.
5) Initial enjoyment 7. Once you realize you've done everything in the first few hours of learning it - 3.
6) I think Lyman can easily get this to a 7. Maybe an 8. Anything beyond will be hard because of the clunky playfield design.
7) Playability/flow - out of the box 6. with minor adjustments 7 (move bumper on left orbit).
callouts - when first released 1. callouts now (1-10) 3. What you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (1-10) 7.
9) Not super random or brutal.
10) Ball times are moderately long. Given the limited code, games go on too long.
11) Playfield clunkiness limits speed so this is not a fast game, and the penguin scoop drop-in has a LOT of randomness you can't control.

#2229 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

4) Uh, no. You will never get that with Stern. This is actually a hilarious question for anyone that knows Stern.
5) Initial enjoyment 7. Once you realize you've done everything in the first few hours of learning it - 3.
6) I think Lyman can easily get this to a 7. Maybe an 8. Anything beyond will be hard because of the clunky playfield design.
7) Playability/flow - out of the box 6. with minor adjustments 7 (move bumper on left orbit).
callouts - when first released 1. callouts now (1-10) 3. What you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (1-10) 7.
9) Not super random or brutal.
10) Ball times are moderately long. Given the limited code, games go on too long.
11) Playfield clunkiness limits speed so this is not a fast game, and the penguin scoop drop-in has a LOT of randomness you can't control.

I mostly concur with Vireland, but with a slightly more optimistic view. Right now BM66 reminds me of when I first setup my TWDLE. It was a bit clunky and killed me with SDTM drains. I regretted buying it for months. Then, I finally tweaked the setup and Lyman delivered a final code that allowed for asymmetrical game play. It was amazing. Now there are multiple ways to attack the game and I can make a ball 3 strategy change from chasing Horde to going after Last Man Standing, for instance, if it looks more obtainable. It really feels like a different game now.

I'm hopeful that we'll see this same thing happen with BM66. At least it doesn't have SDTM drain problems or a bash toy in your face. So, for your number 6, I'll add a higher potential upside in my opinion, once gadgets and minor villains are added. It really is a longer ball time game and really isn't that brutal.

Give it a few more code updates at least until gadgets and minor villains are activated and then put some time on one. I think the minor villains and gadgets implementation will point towards the final landing point on this game.

I'm also really curious how gadgets will be used. Probably like walker bombs, I'd guess. Still, I'd love it if we could collect enough gadgets to build a Bat belt which ended in a mini wizard to use them, or something like that. Or maybe certain configurations of gadgets could trigger different villains for that mini wizard fight. That would remind me of TWD and add a different way to play the game. Even BM Forever lets players pick their gadgets from a list, though it doesn't really mean anything in game play. So, I think we're a long ways from a final verdict on this game, despite all the various hate threads that have appeared.

#2230 6 years ago

Oldgoat

4) No roadmap, but you can certainly infer where this game is going after .70 When it happens, is anyone's guess.

5) Enjoyment: 6 / 7 because I enjoy the risk/reward of trying to really blow it up and get the multipliers. If you're just trying to complete each mode, it's currently less enjoyable.

6) I think an 9 is likely with all of the potential with the minor villains leading to LOTS of new stacking combinations; gadgets can do more; there are two more wizard modes to come.

7) Playability/flow out of the box: 5; with minor adjustments (7) with new parts and pieces (7)
callouts - when first released (2) now (3) what you can see is in the code but not yet accessed (7/8) I don't have any problem with the left orbit as designed. Hit the shot earlier and it's smooth as butter. My adjustments were mainly related to the ball lock area.

9) Randomness/Brutality of the game for an average player: This game is easy to take the safe shots and complete most modes. This game can be brutal when you go for huge scores. I'm an average player (IFPA Rank over 5000) and that's why I like it so much. There are few really punishing shots, but getting control of the ball can be very difficult. I have my outlanes wide open.

10) Ball times/game times? What are you finding is the length of a typical game? 3-4 mins on average for my adult players. Short games happen too. The more skill you have, the longer the ball times. That sounds pretty obvious, but ball control skills can dramatically extend ball times.

11) Game speed? How fast is the game (7)

As I've said before, it's a pretty straightforward game to just plow through objectives and get to a wizard mode. It isn't particularly fun that way. Adding in all the different multipliers and earning layered scores that build into the wizard modes is fun for me. Having a shot at 2x, one at 3x and another at 4x adds a lot of pressure to not drain.

#2231 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

As I've said before, it's a pretty straightforward game to just plow through objectives and get to a wizard mode. It isn't particularly fun that way. Adding in all the different multipliers and earning layered scores that build into the wizard modes is fun for me. Having a shot at 2x, one at 3x and another at 4x adds a lot of pressure to not drain.

Yeah, we were playing it in "make your own fun" mode, trying to max multipliers or trying to get the highest batphone bonus (by spamming the commissioner Gordon while the phone rings), etc but even that got old after a few weeks. We basically only play it when new code drops long enough to see how little has been done, then shut it off again for 3-5 weeks until the next drop. KISS LE gets more play, which is really sad for a new pin.

#2232 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, we were playing it in "make your own fun" mode...

This is a pretty fair statement.

I'm also relatively easy to entertain when it comes to pinball. I've yet to run into a pin that I wasn't able to enjoy on some level.

#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, no. You will never get that with Stern. This is actually a hilarious question for anyone that knows Stern.

I wonder why they don't provide a basic roadmap? I understand the issues with establishing expectations for specific functionality and timing; however a basic sequence like villains, then minor villains, then gadgets, etc. without tying it to dates and with the general caveat of 'everything is subject to change' seems like a fairly low risk way of communicating to the user community. I mean with all due respect to Stern, this is not like selling a multi-million $ software solution with a multi-million $ legal exposure for non-delivery.

#2234 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Playability/flow out of the box: 5; with minor adjustments (7) with new parts and pieces (7)

So it sounds to me like this game will never be 'smooth as butter' but is not the clunky nightmare some suggest.

(By the way, can't help but comment on your location, having grown up in that area. Went to Hocker Grove and SMNW just after it opened...yes, I'm old)

#2235 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I wonder why they don't provide a basic roadmap? I understand the issues with establishing expectations for specific functionality and timing; however a basic sequence like villains, then minor villains, then gadgets, etc. without tying it to dates and with the general caveat of 'everything is subject to change' seems like a fairly low risk way of communicating to the user community. I mean with all due respect to Stern, this is not like selling a multi-million $ software solution with a multi-million $ legal exposure for non-delivery.

Just one more PR front to maintain. They don't want the hassle, nor to be locked into something initially on the roadmap that doesn't work out. They never have and never will never do this.

#2236 6 years ago

My flow comments are more related to a few shots that are designed to bounce back at the player or slow the speed:

Gordon targets, bat computer / analyzer targets and bat phone don't really 'flow'.

Through the atomic pile and into the penguin scoop slow play a bit. The ramps are quick the right orbit is quick, and combos can really pick up speed. Right / left ramp combos flow all day like MET can. Actually, in terms of 'flow' it's a fair amount like Metallica. You need to hit some things that don't flow; sometimes the orbits stop the ball slowing play, but sometimes it just whips back at you.

I don't consider it clunky.

#2237 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the Gadget button does nothing to help you during Penguin mode? It does however use them up.

#2238 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the Gadget button does nothing to help you during Penguin mode? It does however use them up.

During penguin mode the Gadget will complete the most valuable lit shot. It doesn't advance the mode, but it does complete a lit shot for points.

#2239 6 years ago

Our crane motor took a dump @ MGC this weekend. That said its a great way to meet some stern employees... Hoping to have it up and running Tuesday, stern is overnighting a new motor. Will report back!

IMG_20170408_215849 (resized).jpgIMG_20170408_215849 (resized).jpg

#2240 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Our crane motor took a dump @ MGC this weekend. That said its a great way to meet some stern employees... Hoping to have it up and running Tuesday, stern is overnighting a new motor. Will report back!

hope they get 'er all fixed up for you.

#2241 6 years ago

Part Arrived today. Swapped, and everything is working perfectly. Thanks Stern!

#2242 6 years ago

Someone screwed up on the Stern download page. Version 0.70 is listed as a Feb release when it actually was Mar 23rd. It's like they put the 0.70 release in the old 0.69 release slot. That's not the way it was when 0.70 was first put up, so it must have been changed in the past few weeks.

#2243 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone screwed up on the Stern download page. Version 0.70 is listed as a Feb release when it actually was Mar 23rd. It's like they put the 0.70 release in the old 0.69 release slot. That's not the way it was when 0.70 was first put up, so it must have been changed in the past few weeks.

Yeah I noticed that today only seems to be the SLE that's had its date changed but in the readme dates appear correct

#2244 6 years ago

The date for the SLE code was never updated when 0.70 was released. I remember joking with some friends about only the LE and prem owners getting an update when it was released. In reality the links from the 3 models go to the same file.

#2245 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern should let me manage their site.
(hint hint hint)

#2246 6 years ago

Permanent fix for the stuck joker targets.

I received a new bracket today from Stern (they actually sent the whole target assembly). I took off the old L bracket that connects to under the playfield and installed the new L bracket (warning, it is a real pain). My old bracket wasn't straight, causing the edge of the target to get stuck. My new bracket is perfectly straight, resulting in the target never being able to get stuck.

#2247 6 years ago

My right Catwoman ramp is lifting off the playfield. Any recommendations on how to get it flush again? I'm concerned that it will ding my balls and lift more as time goes on.

InkedCatRamp_LI (resized).jpgInkedCatRamp_LI (resized).jpg

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

My right Catwoman ramp is lifting off the playfield. Any recommendations on how to get it flush again? I'm concerned that it will ding my balls and lift more as time goes on.

Check to see if the side of the ramp has a threaded post that goes through the playfield. If it does you can look for it under the playfield and tighten the nut on it if its loose.

#2249 6 years ago

I've tried looking for the right ramp nuts under the the playfield and I swear they don't exist. They must be under a board.

#2250 6 years ago

I've tried looking for the right ramp nuts under the the playfield and I swear they don't exist. They must be under a board.

The left ramp flap is secured right to the playfield. The right ramp flap is riveted and the actual post is another 1.5"-2" or so back on the right side. I don't think tightening it will help like it would on the left.

batflap (resized).JPGbatflap (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.