New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,320 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,518 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg
FD76ADB2-0F2A-4497-B50D-ED1EC69CA3FE (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
7619B73C-7E85-4F79-A342-6BD6E53F89AA (resized).jpeg
AD952DD2-A701-4C6E-93BC-A1C6354F7E8D (resized).jpeg
7A8608AC-E9D0-400F-B5F4-A27325500008 (resized).png
20201113_120835 (resized).jpg
20201113_120754 (resized).jpg
4CF40AA9-1573-4C07-9086-5554D23EF47C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 327.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The broken one in the pic is a comet Optmax purple that I replaced the stock (broken) LED just 2 nights ago

Flat top is the bare SMD of a 44 bulb ... no dome cover (see image)
I think these will work better as there is nothing for the ball/sling rubber to lever against as its too low. We will see

On a side note......the orange I am seeing under your plastics....is it this product?
ebay.com link » Batman 66 Florescent Protector 8 Piece Set Orange

I like the look on your game, and seeing it close up, I want to ensure what you have.Thanks.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The broken one in the pic is a comet Optmax purple that I replaced the stock (broken) LED just 2 nights ago

Flat top is the bare SMD of a 44 bulb ... no dome cover (see image)
I think these will work better as there is nothing for the ball/sling rubber to lever against as its too low. We will see

Take out the clear washers. The sling plastics are too high. With orange protectors you do not need the washers.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Take out the clear washers. The sling plastics are too high. With orange protectors you do not need the washers.

good catch. i hate when i focus on a problem and the simple fix is right in front of me.

#1004 3 years ago

So I played this at MSA's anniversary party on Fri. They had it on free play all night and the place was packed. I noticed a lot of out of towners (including me).

The gameplay was OK. It seemed pretty basic and needs more time to develop. I agree with others the ramps felt kind of shaky.

The LCD was pretty great. I liked the implementation of the video and the custom graphics. Even though the speaker panel looks kind of wonky in pics, it's not noticeable while playing in a lineup.

It didn't give me the same pumped up feeling that TWD, MET or Tron does (all games at MSA). Maybe this time next year it will be awesome but we'll have to wait and see.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

On a side note......the orange I am seeing under your plastics....is it this product?
I like the look on your game, and seeing it close up, I want to ensure what you have.Thanks.

Stock item from Stern on SLE models so I'm not sure that the Ebay item is an exact match

Quoted from hank527:

Probably a good idea but the metal washers, the orange sling plastic protectors were all factory items. I switched the metal fender washers for some clears for appearance purposes.

When you say "too high" what impact does that have on gameplay or are you simply referring to the cosmetics? Easy enough to pull them for sure

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Stock item from Stern on SLE models so I'm not sure that the Ebay item is an exact match

Probably a good idea but the metal washers, the orange sling plastic protectors were all factory items. I switched the metal fender washers for some clears for appearance purposes.
When you say "too high" what impact does that have on gameplay or are you simply referring to the cosmetics? Easy enough to pull them for sure

I wonder if the extra height might provide a larger opening for ball penetration to your bulbs?

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

These ones were made from a Stern Pre the seller had in his possession for a short time. The Stern ones are nice but I prefer these better because they extend over the sling plastic and reflect the light much better. I bought a yellow set but I do like the look of the orange as well.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

These ones were made from a Stern Pre the seller had in his possession for a short time. The Stern ones are nice but I prefer these better because they extend over the sling plastic and reflect the light much better. I bought a yellow set but I do like the look of the orange as well.

Are those specific ones available? Can you point me to source? Or are the one o
f a kind?

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Try putting the leg levelers in the front all the way down and bost the back legs up try to pitch the game at 7.5 degrees and let me know if that calms the ramp down.

I did a perfect adjustment with the bubble. Between raising the ramp a tad with the fat washer and getting the level right, it's has helped but still not acceptable to have so many air balls. I reckon someone is going to have air ball guards out quickly for this game.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any premium owners planning on sound upgrades or getting the art blades?

Sound, no. I actually like to listen to music when I play and often have the volume on the pins turned down just enough so I can get the game sounds and still listen to my tunes. But the side blades, absolutely. I usually try to get them at shows to save on shipping. Then my wife puts them on because...well...I suck at it. LOL

#1011 3 years ago

Well.my B66LE #53 was delivered Friday! Pin never worked! Completely FUBAR!! Shaft to the turntable welds broken! Months of warranty bullcrap now to deal with! What fun!!!

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.my B66LE #53 was delivered Friday! Pin never worked! Completely FUBAR!! Shaft to the turntable welds broken!

Do you have a picture?

#1013 3 years ago

They only made 240 and it seems they have 2-3 percent with issues. This is way too high.

#1014 3 years ago

Based on the serial numbers I've seen, at least 600 (SLE/LE/Premiums) are out now and I'm sure that's low.

I don't know where you're getting 2-3% or what you consider issues, but what matters is the type of issues. Missing or loose screws is one thing; playfields that look like the surface of the moon after 100 plays is much worse.

#1015 3 years ago

Has anyone tried to order the topper beacon available only on the SLE? George said it could be added to the LE topper, and I definitely want to pursue......anyone else?

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone tried to order the topper beacon available only on the SLE? George said it could be added to the LE topper, and I definitely want to pursue......anyone else?

Where can one order it? Link?

#1017 3 years ago

I think I've seen someone else with the same card.

IMAG0226 (resized).jpg

IMAG0227 (resized).jpg

#1018 3 years ago

Got my topper yesterday. Getting my pin finally tomorrow.

Wondering if R & L F ed it up somehow. Sat in Dallas for several days until i called and inquired wtf?

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think I've seen someone else with the same card.

I have the same card! WTF?

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have the same card! WTF?

Bound to have a few duplicates in there on the cards with 320 pins getting them. There aren't that many total in the red, black and blue series of 1966.

#1021 3 years ago

If it's orderable, your distributor can do it. But the part number isn't listed in the manual. Perhaps it's in the addendum that came with the SLE topper.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wondering if R & L F ed it up somehow. Sat in Dallas for several days until i called and inquired wtf?

Post lots of pics Ice! You might not sleep tonight!

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bound to have a few duplicates in there on the cards with 320 pins getting them. There aren't that many total in the red, black and blue series of 1966.

IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hope you get it and all is well. Keep us posted.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to stay on top of those local shipping depots. They wil sit on it if they are under the quoted delivery window. I like to call them the minute I know they have it.

#1026 3 years ago

So - Did they ditch the headphone jack on Spike 2? I helped my buddy set up his BM66 LE and the headphone jack wasn't in the normal Spike location.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I helped my buddy set up his BM66 LE and the headphone jack wasn't in the normal Spike location.

I believe only the SLE has it, on the bill validator plate lower left front of coin door.

LTG : )

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only 143 unique cards in the series so there will be repeats. Cards are being used on all three versions of the machine. Just the 320 LE/SLE games were gauranteed a signed one.

Stern said Adam signed 500 cards so once LE's and SLE's were done the rest would go to premiums. I don't think any premium buyers have gotten a signed card yet though.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I imagine it will eventually show up in the stern accessory store. Im assuming thats where we'll also see the art blades for the premium buyers when they are available.

Plenty of existing bat signal projectors you could mod but i havent seen any with the TV style logo. The little playfield mounted bat signal will project an image but only for a very short distance.

The stern designed one is the correct logo and also projects a big image a long distance and can be focused. Hopefully it wont be too over priced.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hopefully it wont be too over priced.

It's going to be a Stern accessory. By definition that means it will be overpriced ... especially since they know their potential market is limited to 240.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's going to be a Stern accessory. By definition that means it will be overpriced ... especially since they know their potential market is limited to 240.

This is my concern....any SLE owners willing to snap a pic of that beacon so I can research a bit ( can't imagine they made it...the factory is an assembly plant)...thanks....

#1032 3 years ago

My BM #118 finally arrived yesterday. Special thanks for the fantastic delivery and setup service from Erica and Derek from Cointaker.

20170122_124722 (resized).jpg

#1033 3 years ago

20170122_124316 (resized).jpg

20170122_124216 (resized).jpg

#1034 3 years ago

GREAT CARD!!!.....make sure to post in the other thread!!!

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I assumed premium buyers could use it as well. Seems like Stern would be leaving money on the table if it was just for LE owners.

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I assumed premium buyers could use it as well. Seems like Stern would be leaving money on the table if it was just for LE owners.

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I just assumed it connected to the auxiliary boards for the toppers that are only on the LEs and SLEs.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

Correct. I presume they could be added, but the Premiums do not come with them.

#1039 3 years ago

You got the #1 card in the set!!!

Congrats. I'm collecting some PSA graded originals of the black series in 9 condition.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

Any premium owners wanna post a pic of whats inside your backbox? Any node boards at the top?

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is my concern....any SLE owners willing to snap a pic of that beacon so I can research a bit ( can't imagine they made it...the factory is an assembly plant)...thanks....

Here's the best pic I could find.

14711626_10154621559694244_9113216220175541068_o (resized).jpg

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Any premium owners wanna post a pic of whats inside your backbox? Any node boards at the top?

SLE back box of topper hookup and beam

PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

SLE back box of topper hookup and beam

Thanks for pics....my LE definitely has those boards....have a feeling that beacon is going to be a bitch to find. I remember seeing it at the factory...pretty strong and has a focus optical in the front.

The cool thing is....Stern wouldn't have gone to all of this added expense just to pulse some leds and blink the BM logo...this will definitely be a interactive topper!!!

Guess I'll wait until my distributor can get the beacon thru Stern...not gonna be cheap, I'm afraid....

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yup- that's why I no longer plan to sell my LE topper to a premium buyer. Holy dedicated node boards Batman!

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good for them, if true...and I own a premium. They have to start offering things on LE versions that cannot be easily (and definitely not more affordably) added in the secondary market.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just the Spike board. The Premium does not have the two boards to run the topper.

IMG_6820.JPG

#1047 3 years ago

It may have been mentioned already, but I was surprised to see the head decals on the LE and Premium were switched. I like the Batgirl head decals and was a little confused to open my Premium and find it had LE head decals (Batman on one side, Robin on the other). I inquired about it and was told they switched them. Still looks awesome.
And FWIW, I have had zero issues with my Premium. Played perfect right out of the box. The playfield is getting its dimples, but so has every NIB game I have ever bought. I will suggest Stern update the BM66 photos on their website as it still shows the Premium with Batgirl on the head.

IMG_6703.JPG

IMG_6936.PNG

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

It may have been mentioned already, but I was surprised to see the head decals on the LE and Premium were switched. I like the Batgirl head decals and was a little confused to open my Premium and find it had LE head decals (Batman on one side, Robin on the other). I inquired about it and was told they switched them.

This was covered a few weeks ago. The backbox side art was switched between the Premiums and LEs after the initial flyers were printed. The updated flyers are on the Stern site, but the original promo art "photos" has not.

It would be interesting to see what % of Premium/LE owners were disappointed by the change. I'm an LE owner that wanted the Batgirl art, so I was happy. But I'm sure some were disappointed.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.my B66LE #53 was delivered Friday! Pin never worked! Completely FUBAR!! Shaft to the turntable welds broken! Months of warranty bullcrap now to deal with! What fun!!!

MSA in Lafayette had the same thing happen to theirs. They called the distributor and they gave them a Stern number to call. MSA got the game on Tues, called Stern on Wed, got the part Fri. It sucks that it happened but pretty good turn around on getting the part.

I still think if I ever bought a NIB I would have the distributor unbox it and test it.

#1050 3 years ago

CCC and BM66 - a lot of pinball money side by side (!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
There are 16320 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside