PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 373.
#2851 6 years ago

any code news ?

#2852 6 years ago

News/info of code may come tomorrow fingers crossed.

#2853 6 years ago

I got this Batman head plunger for my birthday. I've never replaced a plunger before. Can someone offer some instructions/tips on how to do it, or point me to a good vid? Thanks.

batman_plunger (resized).jpgbatman_plunger (resized).jpg

#2854 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm guessing June 29/30. Be a nice to have it for the holiday weekend.

#2855 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Interesting....code news = good news

#2856 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Interesting....code news = good news

That would be the shortest gap between Gomez drops since February. Next Tue/Wed/Thurs the 27th-29th is more likely.

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I got this Batman head plunger for my birthday. I've never replaced a plunger before. Can someone offer some instructions/tips on how to do it, or point me to a good vid? Thanks.

It's easy.

Pull off plunger rubber
Remove circlip with a small screwdriver. Don't let it fly off into oblivion.
Slide off spring
Slide out old rod
Slide in new rod
Slide on spring
Pull spring back and put on circlip
Put rubber back on.
Done.

rd

#2858 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be the shortest gap between Gomez drops since February. Next Tue/Wed/Thurs the 27th-29th is more likely.

True, but wouldn't break my heart if it came early.....

#2859 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't let it fly off into oblivion.
rd

I've lost many small parts there....a terrible place

#2860 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's easy.
Pull off plunger rubber
Remove circlip with a small screwdriver. Don't let it fly off into oblivion.
Slide off spring
Slide out old rod
Slide in new rod
Slide on spring
Pull spring back and put on circlip
Put rubber back on.
Done.
rd

Cool, thanks. Thought it may be a little more tricky since Batman has the Bat Gadget button shooter as well.

#2861 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Cool, thanks. Thought it may be a little more tricky since Batman has the Bat Gadget button shooter as well.

Ummm no? The button isn't attached to the shooter rod.

You know how to remove the lock bar and slide the glass out etc? (Serious question...)

The lock bar button isn't attached to anything (except the lock bar). Just lift it off as per normal, remove the glass, lift the playfield and access the shooter rod from above.

rd

#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've lost many small parts there....a terrible place

If I ever find oblivion, I know there will be a big pile of my lost pinball parts there waiting for me. Doooooh

rd

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If I ever find oblivion, I know there will be a big pile of my lost pinball parts there waiting for me. Doooooh
rd

Agree . . . that's probably where my other Batmobile screw that fell off went.

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Father Guido Sarducci has a whole routine on this.

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ummm no? The button isn't attached to the shooter rod.
You know how to remove the lock bar and slide the glass out etc? (Serious question...)
The lock bar button isn't attached to anything (except the lock bar). Just lift it off as per normal, remove the glass, lift the playfield and access the shooter rod from above.
rd

Yes, I do. I meant I wasn't sure if I had to do anything with the auto-shooter that the Gadget button probably just operates.

#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Yes, I do. I meant I wasn't sure if I had to do anything with the auto-shooter that the Gadget button probably just operates.

Ahhhhh. Nope, the auto shooter is a seperate assembly to the shooter rod.

If you look in the shooter lane, you can see the two prongs on each side of the shooter rod. This is the auto plunger assembly. This is affixed to the bottom of the playfield ... the shooter rod is in the cabinet.

Hope that's all helpful.

rd

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'll be asking Stern for this and the ramp fix but I doubt I'll use it, I plan on laser cutting a replacement out of clear or smoked PETG, not a fan of all that red/pink plastic Stern used for the turntable and atomic pile, plan on doing something much more show accurate - silver/grey with red edging if possible and not too much trouble.

i'm in for one of these

#2868 6 years ago

Was playing BM tonight and noticed a typo on the screen. Umbrella was spelt incorrectly as per below

I've played this so many times and never noticed before....

20170620_214837 (resized).jpg20170620_214837 (resized).jpg

#2869 6 years ago

Holy typo Batman!! Good eye! Someone should send this to Stern in hopes of getting it corrected.

#2870 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If I ever find oblivion, I know there will be a big pile of my lost pinball parts there waiting for me.

Along with all the socks that disappear from the dryer.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Was playing BM tonight and noticed a typo on the screen. Umbrella was spelt incorrectly as per below
I've played this so many times and never noticed before....

is that Stern art or is it original BM66 TV show art ?

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

is that Stern art or is it original BM66 TV show art ?

Stern.

#2874 6 years ago

Look forward to getting a batlight for my LE. Let's see what the pricing is

aHR0cDovL3VwbG9hZHMudGFwYXRhbGstY2RuLmNvbS8yMDE3MDYyMC9jZmYwN2QwZDkxN2ZmOTE0MjdiYzU5YTI1MTZlNzFkYy5qcGc~ (resized).jpgaHR0cDovL3VwbG9hZHMudGFwYXRhbGstY2RuLmNvbS8yMDE3MDYyMC9jZmYwN2QwZDkxN2ZmOTE0MjdiYzU5YTI1MTZlNzFkYy5qcGc~ (resized).jpg

#2875 6 years ago

Wont be cheap, Gary needs a new Harley

#2876 6 years ago

Is that projector LED?

#2877 6 years ago

Well not quite the announcement I was lead to believe we would be getting, we all knew what the projector did, what does it cost though

#2878 6 years ago

Why aren't these being sold through Stern?

#2879 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Look forward to getting a batlight for my LE.

The beacon, the beacon!!! I literally posted on the FB page yesterday, asking for timeline. Calling Mike in the morning.

( think I'll ask about code update tonight......)

#2880 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a dist. who would carry this stuff? My dist. doesn't deal with accessories.

#2881 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Can anyone recommend a dist. who would carry this stuff? My dist. doesn't deal with accessories.

Mike at Automated....he gets all the stuff....good guy

#2882 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Be interested to see what prices you get Mark for the projector/bat signal beacon and be sure to post up any code info can't wait for the next code drop love this game!

#2883 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks!!

#2884 6 years ago

I'll post tomorrow after I talk to him.....

#2885 6 years ago

What do you guys think is the best villain mode to take in to multiball? I'm thinking Penguin because it's relatively difficult to finish quickly. Had a game where I took Penguin in, had a decent multiball, and ended up with a 500m+ villain bonus once I hit the scoop to capture the villain after multiball.

AFAIK Villain bonus depends on how many of the other villain shots you make before you cash in at the scoop. Some modes it's too easy to accidentally finish during multiball, before you can build up the jackpot. Good thing about Penguin is it's unlikely you'll hit all the crane shots during multiball, but will hit plenty of other villain shots necessary to build up jackpot.

Loving the code so far. Classic Lyman code, and I love the slightly old school, slightly quirky layout. Even the turntable has really grown on me. It's a shame so many have already written this game off, but I guess that doesn't matter to those that already own it. Looking forward to the next update.

#2886 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Loving the code so far. Classic Lyman code, and I love the slightly old school, slightly quirky layout. Even the turntable has really grown on me. It's a shame so many have already written this game off, but I guess that doesn't matter to those that already own it. Looking forward to the next update.

Completely agree. And after the initial whining, quite sure many are rethinking it. Doesn't really matter, as you state....LE's and SLE's were long gone early, and doubt many will change hands. Premiums will sell, especially when code is done....great machine...

#2887 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll post tomorrow after I talk to him.....

I sent him an email and he got right back to me. (I like this guy already) He said as far as he knows Stern isn't doing accessories for BM66. Obviously they are. Once again this shows how poor Stern's communications are. They couldn't send a simple email to their distributors?

#2888 6 years ago

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

#2889 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!!

WTF

#2890 6 years ago

The premium topper looks cool but it would have been even cooler if the art wasn't a direct copy of the existing playfield art. Looks like its using the fluorescent acrylic stuff? Wonder if it will just randomly light up or will they try and light villains up as their mode starts.

Seems odd that the accessories are not being sold by Stern directly. I guess we'll have to call around to see what the actual price is. Wonder if the price will vary dealer to dealer. If you get a good price please post it here to let others know.

#2891 6 years ago

Agree with Doc. While the topper is cool it seems very repetitive. No way will Stern charge $400-$500 for this. "Or will they"!?

#2892 6 years ago

I sent him an email and he got right back to me. (I like this guy already) He said as far as he knows Stern isn't doing accessories for BM66. Obviously they are. Once again this shows how poor Stern's communications are. They couldn't send a simple email to their distributors?

He is a good guy.....I sure he'll call them tomorrow for the scoop. He's well connected, and always follows through...

I generally just yap with him on the phone ( bought 3 games from him)....

#2893 6 years ago

I think I would have been happy with that topper if I hadn't already seen the one for the SLE and LE. I'm glad I found a LE and will be picking up the bat signal whenever I can find a distributor selling them. I've had good experiences with Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements and will be contacting him first.

#2894 6 years ago

Agree with Doc. While the topper is cool it seems very repetitive. No way will Stern charge $400-$500 for this. Or will they!?

Don't forgot it needs node boards for premium users, one for the topper and another for the bat projector. Those boards are not cheap.

#2895 6 years ago

They only posted it 5 hours ago.....I'm sure dealers will hear in the morning....

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The premium topper looks cool but it would have been even cooler if the art wasn't a direct copy of the existing playfield art. Looks like its using the fluorescent acrylic stuff? Wonder if it will just randomly light up or will they try and light villains up as their mode starts.
Seems odd that the accessories are not being sold by Stern directly. I guess we'll have to call around to see what the actual price is. Wonder if the price will vary dealer to dealer. If you get a good price please post it here to let others know.

Suspect it will just light up via the acrylic, and be static in nature. We've gotten spoiled by some of the interactive ones out there, but generally the exception to the rule. Will still look cool, and I'm sure a fraction of the price that the unobtanium S/LE toppers cost, including the boards. Have a feeling that beacon is not going to be cheap, sadly....

#2897 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

Geez I hope this isn't right

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For the anniversary game and all the Gomez promises this can't possibly be true

Patience is one thing but this would be F ing ridiculous

It's possible this next update will be near final and they will call it 1.0 whether it is or not

I'm still going with "In Lyman we trust"

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hard to believe.....

#2900 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!!

Source?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.